Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Necromancer Art&Lore
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34 35
[size=1]@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sashafiredrake @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @turboblaze @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @solvei @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove[/size] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=350935][size=6][color=maroon]WolfandCrow's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Heloise[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45874372] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/458744/45874372_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] [color=maroon]Pain, that’s all ghouls feel. Blood oozes from gapping sores, bones and joints constantly ache, the nerves always screaming, weariness bearing down. No hatchling should have experience this fate. A young mirror, her clan forced her into the trails, too young to understand the rituals, unable to hear mother’s cryptic words. A hatchling is the purest to Mother, they say; untainted by the worldly influences, fresh for infections. That was her fate. Given no name as she was forced into the trials she didn’t understand. There was no surprise for her failure; however, within that clan she was the first to fail. She was happy to see her clanmates, but she was greeted in anger and sharp knives. Chased from the only home she had known until she collapses in pain. The infection takes a toll on a young hatchling, mere hours from the egg. Her instinct to survive burned within her like her perpetual fevers. She moved on. She only rested when she couldn’t take the pain. She was able to survive the hunting parties and the beasts that were drawn to the smell of her blood from her unhealing wounds. She stops. Something is in the woods. She crouches down into her self dug shelter, maybe this will just leave her be. She wants to live. Finally something enters the clearing. A lone female with a cloak and mask. She smells like a necromancer. The young mirror trembles in fear as she saw the stranger look at her. The stranger takes off her mask, her face almost void of emotions but her eyes were soft. She slowly walked towards the mirror. [b]“A poor hatchling should never experience this fate.”[/b] Even her voice was almost void of emotion, but there was an ancient soft aura about it. Her gentle hands picked the mirror up and cradled her. The mirror didn’t complain, never had she been treated so kind or cared about. Is this a Mother’s touch? The mirror started to fall asleep, there was a soothing sensation that washed over her as if water was being poured over her and for once she didn’t hurt. Her bones and joints didn’t ache, her sores didn’t sting, and her nerves finally silent as the dark welcoming arms of sleep finally cradled her softly, gently, and most of all like a Mother’s embrace. She startled awake and noticed that she no longer was ill. Her energy was at an all time high. The stranger was still with her and smiled gently. [b]"A survivor deserves a warrior’s name.”[/b] The hatchling couldn’t believe it! Her own name! She’ll finally have a home! [b]“Let’s go home, ...Heloise.”[/b] ... It has been months since Lady Thana had cured Heloise when the Elder noticed something peculiar about the young mirror. It seemed that when cured she had been frozen in time. Forever a hatchling? Sometimes, Thana can hear Mother whisper of the mirror’s connection with her. Perhaps, it is Mother’s blessing to Thana to have a hatchling of her own since she became barren during her own trails. [/color] [left][color=maroon]by WolfandCrow[/color][/left] [color=maroon]Also featuring: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35295131][color=maroon]Thana[/url]
@3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sashafiredrake @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @turboblaze @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @solvei @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

Pain, that’s all ghouls feel. Blood oozes from gapping sores, bones and joints constantly ache, the nerves always screaming, weariness bearing down. No hatchling should have experience this fate.
A young mirror, her clan forced her into the trails, too young to understand the rituals, unable to hear mother’s cryptic words. A hatchling is the purest to Mother, they say; untainted by the worldly influences, fresh for infections. That was her fate. Given no name as she was forced into the trials she didn’t understand.
There was no surprise for her failure; however, within that clan she was the first to fail. She was happy to see her clanmates, but she was greeted in anger and sharp knives. Chased from the only home she had known until she collapses in pain. The infection takes a toll on a young hatchling, mere hours from the egg. Her instinct to survive burned within her like her perpetual fevers.
She moved on. She only rested when she couldn’t take the pain. She was able to survive the hunting parties and the beasts that were drawn to the smell of her blood from her unhealing wounds.
She stops. Something is in the woods. She crouches down into her self dug shelter, maybe this will just leave her be. She wants to live. Finally something enters the clearing. A lone female with a cloak and mask. She smells like a necromancer. The young mirror trembles in fear as she saw the stranger look at her. The stranger takes off her mask, her face almost void of emotions but her eyes were soft. She slowly walked towards the mirror.
“A poor hatchling should never experience this fate.”
Even her voice was almost void of emotion, but there was an ancient soft aura about it. Her gentle hands picked the mirror up and cradled her. The mirror didn’t complain, never had she been treated so kind or cared about. Is this a Mother’s touch? The mirror started to fall asleep, there was a soothing sensation that washed over her as if water was being poured over her and for once she didn’t hurt. Her bones and joints didn’t ache, her sores didn’t sting, and her nerves finally silent as the dark welcoming arms of sleep finally cradled her softly, gently, and most of all like a Mother’s embrace.
She startled awake and noticed that she no longer was ill. Her energy was at an all time high. The stranger was still with her and smiled gently.
"A survivor deserves a warrior’s name.” The hatchling couldn’t believe it! Her own name! She’ll finally have a home!
“Let’s go home, ...Heloise.”

It has been months since Lady Thana had cured Heloise when the Elder noticed something peculiar about the young mirror. It seemed that when cured she had been frozen in time. Forever a hatchling? Sometimes, Thana can hear Mother whisper of the mirror’s connection with her. Perhaps, it is Mother’s blessing to Thana to have a hatchling of her own since she became barren during her own trails.

by WolfandCrow

Also featuring:
Thana
@Kava HI I did this little recoloring of one of the new familiars and turned it into a little neutralized ghoul! I figured others may like to have one too :3 it even links to the subspecies page [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/1][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433437992783446017/544671865898139669/image0.png[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/1][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433437992783446017/544671865898139669/image0.png[/img][/url][/code]
@Kava

HI I did this little recoloring of one of the new familiars and turned it into a little neutralized ghoul! I figured others may like to have one too :3 it even links to the subspecies page

image0.png
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/2412017/1][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433437992783446017/544671865898139669/image0.png[/img][/url]
VYQwMuq.gif
@WolfandCrow

It's so adorable! Absolutely amazing, thank you! <3 I posted it on the first page :>
@WolfandCrow

It's so adorable! Absolutely amazing, thank you! <3 I posted it on the first page :>
@3idolon @Kava @TheCell

So uh... guess who saw the new eye update and immediately decided to write some things? THIS PERSON (I've also thrown this into the main thread and the discord server)

Goat

Dragons with goat eyes are known to look at the world a little sideways - a little askew. Rather as faceted eyes can give one a multitude of perspectives, the slightly askew gaze of a goat-eyed dragon often indicates a similarly unique perspective and an interesting chain of thought. This is no less true for Necromancers and their ilk, who often end up creating diseases and cures that work in unusual and unexpected ways, but that are no less effective.

(I feel like goat-eyed dragons would be among the first to question the ranking system of Necromancers, and to start testing the 'servi idea of Curing With A Curse. I also feel like you'd get some very very strange Ghouls, with these sideways perspectives.)

Swirl

The result of reaching too far with magic in the midst of conflict, Swirl-eyed dragons have forged a connection to their magic not dissimilarly to Glow-eyed dragons. There is, however, a distinct difference. Glow-eyed dragons have punched through the barriers limiting what they can do, and immersed themselves wholly in their new capability. Swirl-eyed dragons, however have instead... stretched their connection, so to speak, and warped it's shape. Thus, while their magic is strong, it is often altogether too easy for them to get lost within the twisting paths of their own magic.

(For some, these paths can become learned, and they may become skilled at unblocking the damaged magic of other dragons. In others, however, it may trap them in madness and magic, making them far more dangerous than they may otherwise be.)
@3idolon @Kava @TheCell

So uh... guess who saw the new eye update and immediately decided to write some things? THIS PERSON (I've also thrown this into the main thread and the discord server)

Goat

Dragons with goat eyes are known to look at the world a little sideways - a little askew. Rather as faceted eyes can give one a multitude of perspectives, the slightly askew gaze of a goat-eyed dragon often indicates a similarly unique perspective and an interesting chain of thought. This is no less true for Necromancers and their ilk, who often end up creating diseases and cures that work in unusual and unexpected ways, but that are no less effective.

(I feel like goat-eyed dragons would be among the first to question the ranking system of Necromancers, and to start testing the 'servi idea of Curing With A Curse. I also feel like you'd get some very very strange Ghouls, with these sideways perspectives.)

Swirl

The result of reaching too far with magic in the midst of conflict, Swirl-eyed dragons have forged a connection to their magic not dissimilarly to Glow-eyed dragons. There is, however, a distinct difference. Glow-eyed dragons have punched through the barriers limiting what they can do, and immersed themselves wholly in their new capability. Swirl-eyed dragons, however have instead... stretched their connection, so to speak, and warped it's shape. Thus, while their magic is strong, it is often altogether too easy for them to get lost within the twisting paths of their own magic.

(For some, these paths can become learned, and they may become skilled at unblocking the damaged magic of other dragons. In others, however, it may trap them in madness and magic, making them far more dangerous than they may otherwise be.)
MercyFangsButton2.png IzGiMOB.png 100x100Symbol.png No one can live your life for you. That means they can't tell you who you are - what you are - either. Question others. Question yourself. Come to your own conclusions.

??? Pronouns. UK Time.
@EssayOfThoughts I really like your ideas! I had a feeling you'd come up with some for the new eye types :D

I'm pretty sure that the official lore for the new eye types will be developed at some point (be it through a contest, or any different way) and I'm already excited to read about all the ideas!
@EssayOfThoughts I really like your ideas! I had a feeling you'd come up with some for the new eye types :D

I'm pretty sure that the official lore for the new eye types will be developed at some point (be it through a contest, or any different way) and I'm already excited to read about all the ideas!
A small announcement:
The Dark Sclera contest is still pending, but we will announce the winner as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Also, I am in the process of gathering all new Necros to refresh the list for the Spotlight. You might receive a ping this weekend, as I will need to confirm, which dragons are to be added to the pool.
A small announcement:
The Dark Sclera contest is still pending, but we will announce the winner as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Also, I am in the process of gathering all new Necros to refresh the list for the Spotlight. You might receive a ping this weekend, as I will need to confirm, which dragons are to be added to the pool.
[size=1]Art&Lore pinglist: @3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sashafiredrake @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @turboblaze @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @solvei @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki @NoxExtractum @CosmicFalcon @Aiko @zombie0424 @versidue @47616 @maddieb123789 @Gormanghaste @KyubbiKurama @Wolv0r @FunkEngine @RoaringSpector @Nightmare10 @DancingDemonz @Horseleech @Squeekyfox @serron @Grfsh @Zami @Meeboo @Karikumik @InfectedWolf @Nonnsequitur @Animegerbil @Erys @ReddyRed @Featherfalls @Perry321 @SashaFiredrake @Princessfirefly @RoaringSpector @Drakessis @DeathValley @Shadari @foxghosts @Spore @Minones @Archfiend @Perry321 @Meilkor @Alder @Squeekyfox @InformalKnight[/size] [i]It’s been 84 years… but we have a few updates![/i] [list][*]Hey! You've been pinged, because you either are on the Art&Lore pinglist or you recently officially registered your Necros. The big part of this subspecies is lore and in order to expand it, each week one of the dragons is featured in our Spotlight, published in this thread.[/list] [quote name="Kava" date="2018-10-05 23:42:12" ] [b]How does the Spolight work?[/b] It's a weekly event on our Creative Corner thread, which features one dragon every Sunday. The idea is to expand the lore, so each of the featured dergs has a short lore (minumum 50 words) to accompany them. It can be the bio they already have, some short story, poem, anything to show your dragon's personality, their adventures or anything you would like to share about them in any written form you like. You can find previous spotlights [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2541754#post_35657518]here.[/url] If you'd like your dragons to join the pool, let me know, which ones you'd like to add. I will randomly pick one every week (using a random number generator) and you will have a week to prepare, as I will usually ask the owner of the picked dragon on Friday or Saturday, to confirm if they want to feature the spotlight the following week. You can of course prepare something earlier. [i]You can add or take your dragons off the list anytime.[/i] [/quote] If you'd like to add your dragons to the pool and have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please ping or PM me. [list][*]If you’d like to be added to the Art&Lore (or any other) pinglist, you can ping @/Kava or use our[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lY9BWR4HzDg1lJ7Gov6RrhLGVJQnMrYdmC4ZymT2HHw/edit#gid=0] self-editing pinglist[/url]. (I'm subscribed to this thread, so no need to ping me here, although I don't mind) [*]We also have a [b]Discord[/b] channel. If you’d like to join, you can do it [url=https://discordapp.com/invite/2bnAUHF]here[url].[/list] -- over the next few days I will also update the front page--
Art&Lore pinglist: @3idolon @thecell @kmrikkari @horseleech @sashafiredrake @mnkn10 @essayofthoughts @bara2684 @reotheleo @wolfandcrow @stduke @shadowfire1223 @toxicsugar @vengeful @wolftrickster @scorpiontail @meilkor @turboblaze @blightwyrm @yuubi @shadowpiper @solvei @spiderfrog15 @spore @twilitraven @arborpunk @probablyskeletor @roaringspector @foxghosts @tarantulove @snowki
@NoxExtractum @CosmicFalcon @Aiko @zombie0424 @versidue @47616 @maddieb123789 @Gormanghaste @KyubbiKurama @Wolv0r @FunkEngine @RoaringSpector @Nightmare10 @DancingDemonz @Horseleech @Squeekyfox @serron @Grfsh @Zami @Meeboo @Karikumik @InfectedWolf @Nonnsequitur @Animegerbil @Erys @ReddyRed @Featherfalls @Perry321 @SashaFiredrake @Princessfirefly @RoaringSpector @Drakessis @DeathValley @Shadari @foxghosts @Spore @Minones @Archfiend @Perry321 @Meilkor @Alder @Squeekyfox @InformalKnight

It’s been 84 years… but we have a few updates!
  • Hey! You've been pinged, because you either are on the Art&Lore pinglist or you recently officially registered your Necros. The big part of this subspecies is lore and in order to expand it, each week one of the dragons is featured in our Spotlight, published in this thread.
Kava wrote on 2018-10-05 23:42:12:
How does the Spolight work?

It's a weekly event on our Creative Corner thread, which features one dragon every Sunday. The idea is to expand the lore, so each of the featured dergs has a short lore (minumum 50 words) to accompany them. It can be the bio they already have, some short story, poem, anything to show your dragon's personality, their adventures or anything you would like to share about them in any written form you like.

You can find previous spotlights here.

If you'd like your dragons to join the pool, let me know, which ones you'd like to add. I will randomly pick one every week (using a random number generator) and you will have a week to prepare, as I will usually ask the owner of the picked dragon on Friday or Saturday, to confirm if they want to feature the spotlight the following week. You can of course prepare something earlier.

You can add or take your dragons off the list anytime.

If you'd like to add your dragons to the pool and have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please ping or PM me.
  • If you’d like to be added to the Art&Lore (or any other) pinglist, you can ping @/Kava or use our self-editing pinglist. (I'm subscribed to this thread, so no need to ping me here, although I don't mind)
  • We also have a Discord channel. If you’d like to join, you can do it here.

-- over the next few days I will also update the front page--
I'd like to be added to the art/lore pinglist please! My dragon is Alacron
I'd like to be added to the art/lore pinglist please! My dragon is Alacron
sZShZzW.pngAgsJvab.pngasexual.pngbisexual.pngnon-binary.pngB8_R.pngT16.png
Hex0gCq.png
@Kava you know me, I'm always happy to lore.
@Kava you know me, I'm always happy to lore.
MercyFangsButton2.png IzGiMOB.png 100x100Symbol.png No one can live your life for you. That means they can't tell you who you are - what you are - either. Question others. Question yourself. Come to your own conclusions.

??? Pronouns. UK Time.
Hi Kava! I would like to back in the pool for weekly spotlight. My lore Necros are: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28336986]Ichorclaw[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29620597]Mina[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28627224]Yafim[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42350779]Klebsiella[/url], [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40297225]Nago[/url], and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46400667]Haemoskhio[/url]. Also wanted to share this awesome art I got for my Necromancer, Ichorclaw, this week! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2087054][img]https://i.postimg.cc/g20Rx1kX/Ichorclaw.png[/img][/url] Art by [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/2087054]Arkenrall[/url]
Hi Kava! I would like to back in the pool for weekly spotlight. My lore Necros are: Ichorclaw, Mina, Yafim, Klebsiella, Nago, and Haemoskhio.

Also wanted to share this awesome art I got for my Necromancer, Ichorclaw, this week!

Ichorclaw.png
Art by Arkenrall
plague_flight_banner_by_dinocyanide-d8tx18y.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 34 35