Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Necromancer Art&Lore
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0] @3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kava @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @spore @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=230586][size=6][color=maroon]Adaejha's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Harrow[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55035011][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/550351/55035011_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] "The Mother calls to us all, some are more attuned to hearing Her voice than others, but I get the sense that what you do is not exactly hearing in the same way that I would describe it." Rethayari fans her crest briefly in emphasis, questioning even though it was a statement. Harrow nods, the eyes along her wings blinking closed as she folds them to more comfortably settle in for the conversation. As they close, she opens the ones on her crest, practicing the conscious control more than anything else, but enjoying the strange look she gets at the motion. "It does involve the use of my eyes more than my ears, but I believe that is expected with such a specific gift from the Mother. Compounding with what I could do before I became a Necromancer, I'm able to see almost a month into the future when I have the time to devote to looking. Sound does also play into it, but much less so than sight." Explaining it like that feels, correct, she supposes. She's never met anyone interested enough to ask about how it works before, and it is somehow cathartic. The mirror nods, a deep look of focus overcoming her features. "That is fascinating. This far from the Tower, you don't find many Oracles, and even my auguries are not as accurate as that. It is certainly an unusual blessing, but you seem to have made it work well for yourself." The tone is light, maybe a little teasing, but it brings back the memories of what happened when Harrow first received the 'blessing' of her new eyes and the difficulties they brought. She digs her claws into the branch below her, reminding herself that no harm was meant, that she has triumphed over those things and they are behind her now. She hums lightly, nodding a bit. "Yes, it's been very useful, both for myself and others." She has lost count of how many laboratory disasters she has averted with a swift warning in the months since she arrived to this clan. "In particular it helps with my Healing. I can easily determine what the illness is and how to treat it, even if I have not personally encountered it before." At that, Rethayari laughs deep in her throat. "No wonder my uncle can't decide if he likes you or not. He prides himself on his custom strains, but you can get around them with ease. But you also have saved him a large amount of glassware and repair costs." Harrow shares the smile this time. This clan - and the many Necromancers who dwell alongside it - are very different from those anywhere else. They don't care about her ill reputation or perceived failures, nor about the strangeness of her being and the many eyes she sports. What matters here is that she is, and that she contributes. It is not a thought that crosses her mind very often these days, but she cannot help thinking that this is always where she was meant to be. [left][color=maroon]by Adaejha[/color][/left]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

"The Mother calls to us all, some are more attuned to hearing Her voice than others, but I get the sense that what you do is not exactly hearing in the same way that I would describe it." Rethayari fans her crest briefly in emphasis, questioning even though it was a statement. Harrow nods, the eyes along her wings blinking closed as she folds them to more comfortably settle in for the conversation. As they close, she opens the ones on her crest, practicing the conscious control more than anything else, but enjoying the strange look she gets at the motion.

"It does involve the use of my eyes more than my ears, but I believe that is expected with such a specific gift from the Mother. Compounding with what I could do before I became a Necromancer, I'm able to see almost a month into the future when I have the time to devote to looking. Sound does also play into it, but much less so than sight." Explaining it like that feels, correct, she supposes. She's never met anyone interested enough to ask about how it works before, and it is somehow cathartic.

The mirror nods, a deep look of focus overcoming her features. "That is fascinating. This far from the Tower, you don't find many Oracles, and even my auguries are not as accurate as that. It is certainly an unusual blessing, but you seem to have made it work well for yourself." The tone is light, maybe a little teasing, but it brings back the memories of what happened when Harrow first received the 'blessing' of her new eyes and the difficulties they brought. She digs her claws into the branch below her, reminding herself that no harm was meant, that she has triumphed over those things and they are behind her now.

She hums lightly, nodding a bit. "Yes, it's been very useful, both for myself and others." She has lost count of how many laboratory disasters she has averted with a swift warning in the months since she arrived to this clan. "In particular it helps with my Healing. I can easily determine what the illness is and how to treat it, even if I have not personally encountered it before."

At that, Rethayari laughs deep in her throat. "No wonder my uncle can't decide if he likes you or not. He prides himself on his custom strains, but you can get around them with ease. But you also have saved him a large amount of glassware and repair costs." Harrow shares the smile this time.

This clan - and the many Necromancers who dwell alongside it - are very different from those anywhere else. They don't care about her ill reputation or perceived failures, nor about the strangeness of her being and the many eyes she sports. What matters here is that she is, and that she contributes. It is not a thought that crosses her mind very often these days, but she cannot help thinking that this is always where she was meant to be.

by Adaejha
@Adaejha Omg, philosophical conversation [emoji=mirror love size=1] I love it, and love learning more about Harrow's feelings of her experiences. Seeing how each Necro's personality shapes their abilities and how they fit into their clans is one of my favorite things [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Thank you for sharing!
@Adaejha Omg, philosophical conversation I love it, and love learning more about Harrow's feelings of her experiences. Seeing how each Necro's personality shapes their abilities and how they fit into their clans is one of my favorite things Thank you for sharing!
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=142004][size=6][color=maroon]Wyldangel's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Dreamer[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58653062][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/586531/58653062_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] The blood-red Spiral twists in on herself, writhing in her small ornate enclosure. Her indistinct scales slide against one another with the sound of falling sleet. "I hear you, I hear you." She mutters, unaware she's not alone. "Mother Plague you're coming through. I cannot help but heed your call I wish I'd known, I wish I'd known it all This gift you gave to me. All these things I see? Now and then Future when?" The lyrical words are as soft as the hiss of her scales against one another. "I can see But not what you want from me. I might as well be blind There are too many signs Mother take these eyes And instead of knowing. Make me wise?" Now in an impossibly knotted ball of unhappy anxiety, her head turns abruptly to peer out from her cage. The knots shift and twitch, an awkward theremin chord echoing as her scales rub against one another and fall into loose coils. "Who? And when are you?" [left][color=maroon]by Wyldangel[/color][/left]

SPOTLIGHT

The blood-red Spiral twists in on herself, writhing in her small ornate enclosure. Her indistinct scales slide against one another with the sound of falling sleet.

"I hear you, I hear you." She mutters, unaware she's not alone.

"Mother Plague you're coming through.
I cannot help but heed your call
I wish I'd known, I wish I'd known it all
This gift you gave to me.
All these things I see?
Now and then
Future when?" The lyrical words are as soft as the hiss of her scales against one another.

"I can see
But not what you want from me.
I might as well be blind
There are too many signs
Mother take these eyes
And instead of knowing. Make me wise?"

Now in an impossibly knotted ball of unhappy anxiety, her head turns abruptly to peer out from her cage. The knots shift and twitch, an awkward theremin chord echoing as her scales rub against one another and fall into loose coils.

"Who? And when are you?"

by Wyldangel
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @lastghostling @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=546974][size=6][color=maroon]elysfish's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Pozole[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67456682][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/674567/67456682_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] One of Carne's partners, Pozole is another ghoul, cursed by the Plaguebringer for his failure during his trials. This fae is the only partner that regularly sees CarneGuisada as the two work together to run the Quarantine Kitchen. Pozole is incredibly protective of Carne and holds immense power within him, but his size makes it hard to take him seriously. He's all bark and no bite, Carne assures. One should still do their best not to wrong Carne, else expect a very upset and very deadly dragon on your trail. [left][color=maroon]by elysifish[/color][/left]

plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

One of Carne's partners, Pozole is another ghoul, cursed by the Plaguebringer for his failure during his trials. This fae is the only partner that regularly sees CarneGuisada as the two work together to run the Quarantine Kitchen. Pozole is incredibly protective of Carne and holds immense power within him, but his size makes it hard to take him seriously. He's all bark and no bite, Carne assures. One should still do their best not to wrong Carne, else expect a very upset and very deadly dragon on your trail.

by elysifish
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @lastghostling @toxicsugar @twilitraven @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi @rockss [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=293986][size=6][color=maroon] ichorApotheosis'[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Walrider[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63236991][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/632370/63236991_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] His scales are alive with teeming darkness. Crumpled against the mouth of his cave, he wills the tendrils to just [i]be still[/i], but they do not care about his will tonight. His black magic hungers like nothing else, and they demand to be satiated. Pulling himself to his feet, Walrider lumbers to the edge of illness. The dive into the shadows comes easily, automatically. He knows where to go, where the closest clans hug the thorny border. He wanders the feet-trodden dirt, peering just barely from safety to choose. At first, he begins to stalk closer to what he assesses to be a doctor's den, only to freeze as a voice drifts from just behind him. "Who are you?" a small voice asks, and when he lifts his leg, a little nocturne sits, rubbing his eyes. "It's summer," Walrider thinks aloud, bewildered more about the hatchling than being caught, "why aren't you asleep, like your siblings?" "I had a nightmare," they admit sheepishly, wrapping their tiny wingspan tightly around themselves. "You don't live here." "No, no I do not. I visit sometimes-" Not entirely a lie. "-but I don't think we've ever met before." "Are you a friend, then?" "Sort of. I think of your clanmates as friends, but I don't know their feelings about me very well." Difficult to know, when he'd only met them while they were asleep. He doesn't think they'd like him any more than they like the nightmares he twists into their heads. "Are you lonely?" Walrider startles at the question, blinking down at bright purple eyes. "Sometimes," he answers slowly. "I have a very nice pet, but pets can't talk to you. Most people think I'm.. very scary, when we meet for the first time." "Is it because of those?" the hatchling points innocently towards one of the squirming tendrils with his tail, unconcerned when they crane to reach him. "Are you not?" Walrider asks him, cupping the tentacle and turning it away. They must have felt the wisps of fear, from nightmares he hadn't crafted. "They look like the goddess' thorns," the nocturne shrugs. "Scary if you ***** yourself, but pretty to look at. Maybe if you dressed them up, people wouldn't think they're so scary." "Dressed, them?" he repeated, brows furrowed. "Yeah," the hatchling points more insistently. "You like jewelry, you're wearing some. It makes you look pretty, so maybe if you made them pretty too, people wouldn't think you are." "I.. see," he says. His skin squirms with restless hunger, reminding him why he came here. "I'll think about your advice. In the mean time, shouldn't you come back to bed? Maybe you'll sleep better after I tuck you in." They can't have this one's dreams, he decides, before they can offer the suggestion. The hatchling is light in his arms, and smaller still after being placed in his nest. "I don't think you're very scary," the hatchling tells him, poking at another tentacle and letting it twist around his claw, "you chased away my scary nightmare." "I suppose I did." Walrider discreetly gathers the remaining fear from the den, and directs it towards the doctor he'd seen before. "Suppose I did, after all." [left][color=maroon]by ichorApotheosis[/color][/left]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

His scales are alive with teeming darkness. Crumpled against the mouth of his cave, he wills the tendrils to just be still, but they do not care about his will tonight. His black magic hungers like nothing else, and they demand to be satiated.

Pulling himself to his feet, Walrider lumbers to the edge of illness. The dive into the shadows comes easily, automatically. He knows where to go, where the closest clans hug the thorny border.

He wanders the feet-trodden dirt, peering just barely from safety to choose. At first, he begins to stalk closer to what he assesses to be a doctor's den, only to freeze as a voice drifts from just behind him.

"Who are you?" a small voice asks, and when he lifts his leg, a little nocturne sits, rubbing his eyes.

"It's summer," Walrider thinks aloud, bewildered more about the hatchling than being caught, "why aren't you asleep, like your siblings?"

"I had a nightmare," they admit sheepishly, wrapping their tiny wingspan tightly around themselves. "You don't live here."

"No, no I do not. I visit sometimes-" Not entirely a lie. "-but I don't think we've ever met before."

"Are you a friend, then?"

"Sort of. I think of your clanmates as friends, but I don't know their feelings about me very well." Difficult to know, when he'd only met them while they were asleep. He doesn't think they'd like him any more than they like the nightmares he twists into their heads.

"Are you lonely?" Walrider startles at the question, blinking down at bright purple eyes.

"Sometimes," he answers slowly. "I have a very nice pet, but pets can't talk to you. Most people think I'm.. very scary, when we meet for the first time."

"Is it because of those?" the hatchling points innocently towards one of the squirming tendrils with his tail, unconcerned when they crane to reach him.

"Are you not?" Walrider asks him, cupping the tentacle and turning it away. They must have felt the wisps of fear, from nightmares he hadn't crafted.

"They look like the goddess' thorns," the nocturne shrugs. "Scary if you ***** yourself, but pretty to look at. Maybe if you dressed them up, people wouldn't think they're so scary."

"Dressed, them?" he repeated, brows furrowed.

"Yeah," the hatchling points more insistently. "You like jewelry, you're wearing some. It makes you look pretty, so maybe if you made them pretty too, people wouldn't think you are."

"I.. see," he says. His skin squirms with restless hunger, reminding him why he came here. "I'll think about your advice. In the mean time, shouldn't you come back to bed? Maybe you'll sleep better after I tuck you in." They can't have this one's dreams, he decides, before they can offer the suggestion. The hatchling is light in his arms, and smaller still after being placed in his nest.

"I don't think you're very scary," the hatchling tells him, poking at another tentacle and letting it twist around his claw, "you chased away my scary nightmare."

"I suppose I did." Walrider discreetly gathers the remaining fear from the den, and directs it towards the doctor he'd seen before. "Suppose I did, after all."

by ichorApotheosis
@Wyldangel I completely forgot to comment at the time but I absolutely loved your entry for Dreamer [emoji=mirror love size=1] The poem format was incredible, and knowing the rest of her lore, so heartbreaking. I love the last line! @/elysfish I love vicious faes, and I love characters who's viciousness only comes out on behalf of someone they care about [emoji=heart size=1] @ichorApotheosis Oh [emoji=aberration love size=1] What a fascinating look into a Lich's life! I think my favorite part was the way you explored his turmoil and subservience to the Shade while also showcasing his remaining sense of self, and his humanity for lack of a better word. I enjoyed his bio lore just as much, wow <3
@Wyldangel I completely forgot to comment at the time but I absolutely loved your entry for Dreamer The poem format was incredible, and knowing the rest of her lore, so heartbreaking. I love the last line!

@/elysfish I love vicious faes, and I love characters who's viciousness only comes out on behalf of someone they care about

@ichorApotheosis Oh What a fascinating look into a Lich's life! I think my favorite part was the way you explored his turmoil and subservience to the Shade while also showcasing his remaining sense of self, and his humanity for lack of a better word. I enjoyed his bio lore just as much, wow <3

@
@
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @traumatic @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @verholyduck @flyteofheart @vivisect @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kaliqo @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @lastghostling @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @rockss @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @somnovem @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @thecount @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi @glampire[/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=142004][size=6][color=maroon] Wyldangel's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Lodyn[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59911567][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/599116/59911567_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] He stood at ease among the Ruling and Guiding Councilors despite his lack of official status, after all this sort of power was his birthright. His mother, Ruvana stood as a Judging member of the Council and he could hardly be less. But that would come in time, for now, it was enough to begin forging useful connections. Such as these Councilors. “You’ve heard of Ataxia’s most accomplished Futuere? Yes, he was trained at Arx Rabere. That is the quality you may expect of our facility.” He nodded and smiled, meeting the eyes of each of his audience members though he spoke mainly to the most influential. The others were certainly listening and that was enough. They would all reach out, as Futuere was the epitome of a perfect Wraith servant. “We have a new class that will be completing their training in a few weeks. Perhaps you would grace us with a visit?” He smiled as the Ruling Councilor deigned to take his invitation with pleasure flashing in their eyes despite their projected apathy. He was still smiling as several other Councilors stopped to ask him about the new crop of servants coming up. A few offered up greetings for his “Master” Ecxem which he promised to relay with every appearance of servile pleasure. The smile fell away as he launched himself into flight through the noxious fumes of the Plagueland skies. He didn’t bother with a smile or even a greeting as he walked into his rooms. Tikvah was waiting for him and he piled her arms with the armor and clothing he wore to Council without looking at her. She was of a prestigious line but merely a Tundra. One day he would have a much more prestigious Servus. He walked past her to clean the fumes of the upper sky from his body without another glance. He heard her moving off to clean his things but never saw her staring at his back with her mouth pinched tight. When he was clean and comfortable in the fresh clothing she had laid out, Lodyn went to make his report. Ecxem was watching the busy hive of Arx Rabere from the wide window in his office. The leader’s face was tight so that the strong lines of his features stood out. Lodyn stepped up beside the Guardian, watching him from the corner of his eye. “I’ve returned. The Council had another one of Caratacus’ harebrained schemes to handle today. I knew you’d never entertain his foolishness so I pointed out the flaws to our allies and they voted accordingly. I handled your vote of course.” Ecxem grunted, tracking a figure across the yard below them, her golden silks bright in the dull colors of the training area. Lodyn went on though he knew Excem was hardly listening, and he couldn’t quite keep the irony from coloring his voice. Because the Guardian wouldn’t notice. “Several high-ranking Councilors will likely reach out to us with orders. I’ll handle all that of course. I know you have more important tasks on your mind, my friend.” [left][color=maroon]by Wyldangel[/color][/left] Dragons mentioned: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56443366]Ruvana[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66258287]Ataxia[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47911928]Futuere[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59920302]Tikvah[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56785026]Excem[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56420300]Caratacus[/url]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

He stood at ease among the Ruling and Guiding Councilors despite his lack of official status, after all this sort of power was his birthright. His mother, Ruvana stood as a Judging member of the Council and he could hardly be less. But that would come in time, for now, it was enough to begin forging useful connections. Such as these Councilors.

“You’ve heard of Ataxia’s most accomplished Futuere? Yes, he was trained at Arx Rabere. That is the quality you may expect of our facility.” He nodded and smiled, meeting the eyes of each of his audience members though he spoke mainly to the most influential. The others were certainly listening and that was enough. They would all reach out, as Futuere was the epitome of a perfect Wraith servant. “We have a new class that will be completing their training in a few weeks. Perhaps you would grace us with a visit?”

He smiled as the Ruling Councilor deigned to take his invitation with pleasure flashing in their eyes despite their projected apathy. He was still smiling as several other Councilors stopped to ask him about the new crop of servants coming up. A few offered up greetings for his “Master” Ecxem which he promised to relay with every appearance of servile pleasure. The smile fell away as he launched himself into flight through the noxious fumes of the Plagueland skies.

He didn’t bother with a smile or even a greeting as he walked into his rooms. Tikvah was waiting for him and he piled her arms with the armor and clothing he wore to Council without looking at her. She was of a prestigious line but merely a Tundra. One day he would have a much more prestigious Servus. He walked past her to clean the fumes of the upper sky from his body without another glance. He heard her moving off to clean his things but never saw her staring at his back with her mouth pinched tight. When he was clean and comfortable in the fresh clothing she had laid out, Lodyn went to make his report.

Ecxem was watching the busy hive of Arx Rabere from the wide window in his office. The leader’s face was tight so that the strong lines of his features stood out. Lodyn stepped up beside the Guardian, watching him from the corner of his eye. “I’ve returned. The Council had another one of Caratacus’ harebrained schemes to handle today. I knew you’d never entertain his foolishness so I pointed out the flaws to our allies and they voted accordingly. I handled your vote of course.”

Ecxem grunted, tracking a figure across the yard below them, her golden silks bright in the dull colors of the training area. Lodyn went on though he knew Excem was hardly listening, and he couldn’t quite keep the irony from coloring his voice. Because the Guardian wouldn’t notice. “Several high-ranking Councilors will likely reach out to us with orders. I’ll handle all that of course. I know you have more important tasks on your mind, my friend.”

by Wyldangel

Dragons mentioned:

Ruvana
Ataxia
Futuere
Tikvah
Excem
Caratacus
@Kava I removed myself from the pinglist weeks ago. Please don't ping me anymore.
@Kava I removed myself from the pinglist weeks ago. Please don't ping me anymore.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/498491][size=6][color=maroon]Bxy26's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Vuroja[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69795999][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/697960/69795999_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon] "I have considered the proposal that the Council put forth to me at our last meeting," Achlys announced, wings stretched and back arched in the prescribed manner of the speaking Councillor. "I have come to offer a solution." She gestured to her mate with her tail. Wenyihuo raised a wing, and a long blue Spiral emerged. He lazily drifted over to Achlys, his manner confident and composed, even smirking a little at the looks of shock and outrage on the faces of the Council members he passed. "What is this blasphemy!" "You dare contaminate our sacred tower with the presence of a Lich?" "Kill it! Kill them both!" Wenyihuo stood, teeth bared in a snarl. Achlys waved her tail at him to stand down. "Peace, my Mancers. He is no Lich." The Spiral slowly drifted from face to face, finally stopping in front of Alden. "You, at least, should recognize me. You administered my Trial." The elder Fae squinted through his spectacles. "Vuroja. It can't be." "Tell them, old one. Tell them how I passed with flying colors, capable of infecting from great distances." "He speaks truth," the Fae admitted. Gathering his robes of state, he flew closer to the Spiral. With a brief shudder, he reached out and touched one of the dark markings on his sides. "He is not contaminated with the Shade," he called out, flicking his crests in relief. "The Blessing of the Mother still resides within." "I'll be the judge of that." A mighty Imperial Fire-born Necromancer stretched forth his head into the center of the tower. "Face me, small one." The Spiral smirked. "Naturally, Lord Flagration. I will be pleased to demonstrate what has changed in me." "Call for a Duelist," someone announced. "That will not be necessary," Vuroja said. He flexed and contracted his foreclaws, holding them loosely in front of him. "Very well." Flagration's unique contamination shot forth from his maw; raging fire and raging fever. As quick as lightning, the Spiral twisted his claws in midair. Thick ropes of water formed, wrapping around and around the massive putrescence and rendering it harmless. The Imperial chuffed. Several Necros near him stepped back, fearing his retaliation. Others hurried to whisper in his ears. "This is the art of the Water mage," Achlys announced. "They are weak to Plague magic. They know this, and have developed many defensive arts to prevent infection. Now you see how difficult it is to introduce them to the ways of the Mother." "However," Vuroja continued, "I went deep into the Leviathan Trench with them. I trained for several years in the hunt, capture, and killing of the unspeakable monsters that dwell there. This has marked me, as you see now. I learned their strengths and their weaknesses." "So our attack can be very soon then?" queried a young, ambitious Mirror. "Attack?" Vuroja laughed. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Attacking is the last straw. The Mother wished to draw all into Herself. We must send peaceful Missionaries to ingratiate themselves with the Water clans, valiant Holy Knights to join them in their endless wars against the Shade-touched creatures of the deep, and above all..." he paused, making sure that every dragon was listening. "Oracles. Oracles who can divine the will of the Plaguemother, and can translate it into words the sea-dwellers can understand. They are without guidance even from their own weak god." Vuroja turned his attention to the ball of fiery plague contained within his own spell. It seethed and frothed, but could not escape. He reached out and melded the plague and the water into a single rope. "Then, and only then, can we strike." Suddenly he released his hold. The plague-fire-water rope shot straight at Flagration, driving itself deep into his flesh. The Imperial bellowed, and angrily turned his attention to healing himself. The Spiral slipped back to his former place on Wenyihuo's back. Achlys addressed the Council once more. "Feel free to question me about the details later." [left][color=maroon]by Bxy26[/color][/left] Dragons mentioned: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64011498]Achlys[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67590835]Wenyihuo[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68569871]Alden[/url]
SPOTLIGHT

"I have considered the proposal that the Council put forth to me at our last meeting," Achlys announced, wings stretched and back arched in the prescribed manner of the speaking Councillor. "I have come to offer a solution." She gestured to her mate with her tail.

Wenyihuo raised a wing, and a long blue Spiral emerged. He lazily drifted over to Achlys, his manner confident and composed, even smirking a little at the looks of shock and outrage on the faces of the Council members he passed.

"What is this blasphemy!"

"You dare contaminate our sacred tower with the presence of a Lich?"

"Kill it! Kill them both!"

Wenyihuo stood, teeth bared in a snarl. Achlys waved her tail at him to stand down. "Peace, my Mancers. He is no Lich."

The Spiral slowly drifted from face to face, finally stopping in front of Alden. "You, at least, should recognize me. You administered my Trial."

The elder Fae squinted through his spectacles. "Vuroja. It can't be."

"Tell them, old one. Tell them how I passed with flying colors, capable of infecting from great distances."

"He speaks truth," the Fae admitted. Gathering his robes of state, he flew closer to the Spiral. With a brief shudder, he reached out and touched one of the dark markings on his sides. "He is not contaminated with the Shade," he called out, flicking his crests in relief. "The Blessing of the Mother still resides within."

"I'll be the judge of that." A mighty Imperial Fire-born Necromancer stretched forth his head into the center of the tower. "Face me, small one."

The Spiral smirked. "Naturally, Lord Flagration. I will be pleased to demonstrate what has changed in me."

"Call for a Duelist," someone announced.

"That will not be necessary," Vuroja said. He flexed and contracted his foreclaws, holding them loosely in front of him.

"Very well." Flagration's unique contamination shot forth from his maw; raging fire and raging fever. As quick as lightning, the Spiral twisted his claws in midair. Thick ropes of water formed, wrapping around and around the massive putrescence and rendering it harmless.

The Imperial chuffed. Several Necros near him stepped back, fearing his retaliation. Others hurried to whisper in his ears.

"This is the art of the Water mage," Achlys announced. "They are weak to Plague magic. They know this, and have developed many defensive arts to prevent infection. Now you see how difficult it is to introduce them to the ways of the Mother."

"However," Vuroja continued, "I went deep into the Leviathan Trench with them. I trained for several years in the hunt, capture, and killing of the unspeakable monsters that dwell there. This has marked me, as you see now. I learned their strengths and their weaknesses."

"So our attack can be very soon then?" queried a young, ambitious Mirror.

"Attack?" Vuroja laughed. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Attacking is the last straw. The Mother wished to draw all into Herself. We must send peaceful Missionaries to ingratiate themselves with the Water clans, valiant Holy Knights to join them in their endless wars against the Shade-touched creatures of the deep, and above all..." he paused, making sure that every dragon was listening. "Oracles. Oracles who can divine the will of the Plaguemother, and can translate it into words the sea-dwellers can understand. They are without guidance even from their own weak god."

Vuroja turned his attention to the ball of fiery plague contained within his own spell. It seethed and frothed, but could not escape. He reached out and melded the plague and the water into a single rope. "Then, and only then, can we strike." Suddenly he released his hold. The plague-fire-water rope shot straight at Flagration, driving itself deep into his flesh.

The Imperial bellowed, and angrily turned his attention to healing himself. The Spiral slipped back to his former place on Wenyihuo's back. Achlys addressed the Council once more. "Feel free to question me about the details later."

by Bxy26

Dragons mentioned:

Achlys
Wenyihuo
Alden
@
@
[s]it's not technically art but it's still funny[/s] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/896958981694709760/1094125338801471588/Whatcha_Got_There_Neveah.png[/img][/center]
it's not technically art but it's still funny
Whatcha_Got_There_Neveah.png
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
Trading Post
xxxxx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35