Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (constructively) roast my arts (earn g)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Midgew @Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna @thealchemist Heya! It's me again :) I'm on a roll! I'm happy with how these turned out, but in my opinion, that just means I'm unable to see any mistakes for myself. So, ROAST ME! [img]https://i.imgur.com/Uve6H10.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J8f6l2F.png[/img]
@Midgew @Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna @thealchemist

Heya! It's me again :)
I'm on a roll! I'm happy with how these turned out, but in my opinion, that just means I'm unable to see any mistakes for myself. So, ROAST ME!

Uve6H10.png
J8f6l2F.png
At least it's better than mine.
At least it's better than mine.
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
@keetsee

hey, that's not a roast! And if you want to improve, I'd recommend starting thread like mine! It can be hard to realize that there's no point in comparing your artistic journey to other's, but there really isn't! The progress of others doesn't devalue your own effort :)

Just a little tip I've learned in the months from starting this thread <3
@keetsee

hey, that's not a roast! And if you want to improve, I'd recommend starting thread like mine! It can be hard to realize that there's no point in comparing your artistic journey to other's, but there really isn't! The progress of others doesn't devalue your own effort :)

Just a little tip I've learned in the months from starting this thread <3
@Mintiani If it were me, I wouldn't use the airbrush tool when drawing in little designs(like the runes and poison effects) because it just makes it look too fuzzy. Plus it would fit the style more if the poison blobs and rune were drawn with a hard brush. This is how I do it: [img]https://i.imgur.com/bwEkHRU.png[/img] Hopefully this isn't too nitpicky
@Mintiani
If it were me, I wouldn't use the airbrush tool when drawing in little designs(like the runes and poison effects) because it just makes it look too fuzzy.
Plus it would fit the style more if the poison blobs and rune were drawn with a hard brush.
This is how I do it:
bwEkHRU.png

Hopefully this isn't too nitpicky
115231.gif172037.gif172039.gif
@ArtisticDragonn

don't worry about being nitpicky! That's exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for!

I wasn't sure how to make it glowy and never thought to try the gaussian blur :O thanks so much! Sending you a tip :)
@ArtisticDragonn

don't worry about being nitpicky! That's exactly the kind of advice I'm looking for!

I wasn't sure how to make it glowy and never thought to try the gaussian blur :O thanks so much! Sending you a tip :)
EDIT: I PINGED THE WRONG PERSON I'M SORRY

@Mintiani

Specifically for the Guardian piece, I'd recommend using a background colour that isn't as similar to colour you've used in the drawing? It can produce some really weird visual effects, like making the jaw look like an unhinged snake jaw with no teeth.

Other than that, I think your art is absolutely adorable :)
EDIT: I PINGED THE WRONG PERSON I'M SORRY

@Mintiani

Specifically for the Guardian piece, I'd recommend using a background colour that isn't as similar to colour you've used in the drawing? It can produce some really weird visual effects, like making the jaw look like an unhinged snake jaw with no teeth.

Other than that, I think your art is absolutely adorable :)
Zf61Anz.png
@YouOldSerpent

haha don't worry I'm subscribed! ^^

And I agree with your comment! In this case the comissioner wanted a dark background and I defaulted to grey! In the the future I'll have to keep the colors of the image in mind.

And thank you?? Compliments make me so happy >////<
@YouOldSerpent

haha don't worry I'm subscribed! ^^

And I agree with your comment! In this case the comissioner wanted a dark background and I defaulted to grey! In the the future I'll have to keep the colors of the image in mind.

And thank you?? Compliments make me so happy >////<
@Mintiani

I would recommend when you cut off the headshot to make it a bit more rounded? It helps with adding the illusion of depth and can give your drawings a bit more "life." Of course, you don't need to do it (TBH, I don't really do it that much either), different people have different styles/methods of doing things! I also noticed that the lineart starts to slightly converge at the end of the neck, which makes it seem thinner? Try to keep the lines (of the neck) at an even distance, unless you're adding lumps, scars, other details, etc. Finally, I would recommend varying the lengths/directions of the lock of hair. They'll be shorter/wilder at the edges (near the chin and back of the jaw) and longer at the middle.

For the pony, I think that it would be better if the scarf was a bit more rounded/molded towards the neck? (Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly; tell me if it's confusing) It could just be the view/angle of the drawing, but making it sag or curve a little bit more would help (at least in my opinion. Anybody who knows better about angles and proportions and fabric: tell me if I'm right or wrong!). Also adding a few folds would help? Particularly where the scarf is folded (that probably doesn't make any sense either, I'm talking about the piece of scarf that points directly downwards)
@Mintiani

I would recommend when you cut off the headshot to make it a bit more rounded? It helps with adding the illusion of depth and can give your drawings a bit more "life." Of course, you don't need to do it (TBH, I don't really do it that much either), different people have different styles/methods of doing things! I also noticed that the lineart starts to slightly converge at the end of the neck, which makes it seem thinner? Try to keep the lines (of the neck) at an even distance, unless you're adding lumps, scars, other details, etc. Finally, I would recommend varying the lengths/directions of the lock of hair. They'll be shorter/wilder at the edges (near the chin and back of the jaw) and longer at the middle.

For the pony, I think that it would be better if the scarf was a bit more rounded/molded towards the neck? (Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly; tell me if it's confusing) It could just be the view/angle of the drawing, but making it sag or curve a little bit more would help (at least in my opinion. Anybody who knows better about angles and proportions and fabric: tell me if I'm right or wrong!). Also adding a few folds would help? Particularly where the scarf is folded (that probably doesn't make any sense either, I'm talking about the piece of scarf that points directly downwards)
@Dragonartist24

Hello again! :O

I was trying to illustrate the little hump that guardians have at that point in the neck, but you're right, I should't have cut it off there since it makes it looklike the neck is thinning :c

THAT'S what my problem with hair is! I was wondering why it kept coming out looking so awkward. I gave up as you can see and elft it like taht after long enough haha.

For the scarf... I wholeheartedly agree! I actually don't know how to draw clothes and folds! It's terrible and I'm working on it (though I admit I kind of just forgot to add them in)
@Dragonartist24

Hello again! :O

I was trying to illustrate the little hump that guardians have at that point in the neck, but you're right, I should't have cut it off there since it makes it looklike the neck is thinning :c

THAT'S what my problem with hair is! I was wondering why it kept coming out looking so awkward. I gave up as you can see and elft it like taht after long enough haha.

For the scarf... I wholeheartedly agree! I actually don't know how to draw clothes and folds! It's terrible and I'm working on it (though I admit I kind of just forgot to add them in)
@Mintiani

For clothing, I recommend googling it up! "People", "Clothing", "People wearing dresses", "Animals wearing clothing" (If the situation calls for it), etc. Also just look around. Take a walk, while you're at work (or school, depending on your situation), get on Youtube. If you're afraid of getting caught staring at people, you can also look at your own clothing or ask a family member!
@Mintiani

For clothing, I recommend googling it up! "People", "Clothing", "People wearing dresses", "Animals wearing clothing" (If the situation calls for it), etc. Also just look around. Take a walk, while you're at work (or school, depending on your situation), get on Youtube. If you're afraid of getting caught staring at people, you can also look at your own clothing or ask a family member!
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17