Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (constructively) roast my arts (earn g)
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16 17
@Mintiani

No problem ;)
@Mintiani

No problem ;)
wb_aeth.png
ZbNAjCO.png
hh5n4WA.png
dEe2UrM.png
mjtJ868.png       
LGvol4P.png
AFDqeiv.gif
@Mintiani
I'm on mobile, but I'll try to add onto this when I have a computer.

1. Pretty much everything's good, but I would recommend making the imperial horns a bit slimmer. If you look at the official art, you can see that the branches of the antlers curve away pretty clearly. Also, I believe Imperials have more whiskers/barbels?

2. Make sure that your subject is interacting with the background. A lot of people draw a background and then slap the character on top. Instead, try to think of ways that the environment would make the subject move/stand. Are their claws fully extended/knuckles prominent because they're gripping some slippery rocks? Is their fur/hair/apparel moving slightly in the breeze? Are they relaxed, with large pupils, due to a peaceful night under the stars? Or are they tense, poised on the balls of their feet because of a creepy forestscape?

3. Use foreground, midground, background to your advantage. A small leaf twirling in front of them (add some more leaves on the ground/in the air to make it seem more natural), a few strands of grass breaking up their body - small details are what make your subject come to life with your environment.

4. Sketch it all out on one layer. Use separate layers for colors, but drawing it all out at first will make it easier to judge how one part of your subject will correspond to another part of the environment.

Hope this helps! You're doing great. :)
@Mintiani
I'm on mobile, but I'll try to add onto this when I have a computer.

1. Pretty much everything's good, but I would recommend making the imperial horns a bit slimmer. If you look at the official art, you can see that the branches of the antlers curve away pretty clearly. Also, I believe Imperials have more whiskers/barbels?

2. Make sure that your subject is interacting with the background. A lot of people draw a background and then slap the character on top. Instead, try to think of ways that the environment would make the subject move/stand. Are their claws fully extended/knuckles prominent because they're gripping some slippery rocks? Is their fur/hair/apparel moving slightly in the breeze? Are they relaxed, with large pupils, due to a peaceful night under the stars? Or are they tense, poised on the balls of their feet because of a creepy forestscape?

3. Use foreground, midground, background to your advantage. A small leaf twirling in front of them (add some more leaves on the ground/in the air to make it seem more natural), a few strands of grass breaking up their body - small details are what make your subject come to life with your environment.

4. Sketch it all out on one layer. Use separate layers for colors, but drawing it all out at first will make it easier to judge how one part of your subject will correspond to another part of the environment.

Hope this helps! You're doing great. :)
@Dragonartist24

aaw thanks! Both for the compliments and all these tips! :O

I admit I was at a loss for how to draw the antlers. I tried several times to draw them "properly" but they always ended up looking better when scribbled like that! I'll for sure keep all the rest of that in mind for the two big commissions!
@Dragonartist24

aaw thanks! Both for the compliments and all these tips! :O

I admit I was at a loss for how to draw the antlers. I tried several times to draw them "properly" but they always ended up looking better when scribbled like that! I'll for sure keep all the rest of that in mind for the two big commissions!
@Mintiani
1. Uh...THANK YOU?!? (Hope you don't mind the all-caps, I'll edit if it makes anybody feel uncomfortable)

2. I would recommend starting with the base of the antlers first (try drawing two slightly rounded/bent triangles) and then adding the branches.
@Mintiani
1. Uh...THANK YOU?!? (Hope you don't mind the all-caps, I'll edit if it makes anybody feel uncomfortable)

2. I would recommend starting with the base of the antlers first (try drawing two slightly rounded/bent triangles) and then adding the branches.
@Mintiani Wooo, congrats on getting comissions! That's awesome!

I don't really have any issue with either picture. I actually really like the skydancer one tbh! It looks very good! Since the lineart is apparently supposed to be very sketchy, I can't even say anything about that! The imperial antlers were already mentioned, I don't think I can give any better advice than @/Dragonartist24 did. I would add, though, that I wouldn't draw the whiskers as just thin lines, although it's okay for a sketch of course. I honestly don't even know what else to say :o
@Mintiani Wooo, congrats on getting comissions! That's awesome!

I don't really have any issue with either picture. I actually really like the skydancer one tbh! It looks very good! Since the lineart is apparently supposed to be very sketchy, I can't even say anything about that! The imperial antlers were already mentioned, I don't think I can give any better advice than @/Dragonartist24 did. I would add, though, that I wouldn't draw the whiskers as just thin lines, although it's okay for a sketch of course. I honestly don't even know what else to say :o
iIrk1Wj.png
@applejuice

Thanks, thanks, and thanks! All this praise might be getting to me head >////<
@applejuice

Thanks, thanks, and thanks! All this praise might be getting to me head >////<
@Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna I'm ready for next ROASTING [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/UxdMmcn.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/oOZOGjw.png[/img][/center]
@Kuroikari @digsie @SuperNinjaDragon @SunglassesArlo @coyotewest @MangoLlama @HyperionForge @Dragonartist24 @applejuice @Aetherna

I'm ready for next ROASTING
UxdMmcn.pngoOZOGjw.png
@Minitani

wHOA YOUR ARTS
@Minitani

wHOA YOUR ARTS

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
udnr2stnif0dt4h7-13862.gif