Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove users from a pinglist
1 2 3
Hello! I think it would be a good idea to have pinglist creators be able to remove individual users from their pinglist. Maybe the user isn't active anymore and there'd be no point in pinging them, or maybe they don't want contact with that user. Why not be able to remove them from the pinglist youhave created?
Hello! I think it would be a good idea to have pinglist creators be able to remove individual users from their pinglist. Maybe the user isn't active anymore and there'd be no point in pinging them, or maybe they don't want contact with that user. Why not be able to remove them from the pinglist youhave created?
nMFIkFl.jpeg
I don't know what the point is. If you've blocked someone, the ping doesn't go through anyway. And how do you know they aren't active? They might be active, or might have to take an unexpected or emergency hiatus and still want to be able to find the thread when they get back.

Actually, I've talked myself into it. No support. I don't want people to be removing people from ping lists (to a public forum - because that's all they do) based on some random criteria (like inactivity) they can't possibly know. The person could sub to the thread and you don't get to mess with that.

Basically, why would anybody get control over what somebody else is subscribed to?
I don't know what the point is. If you've blocked someone, the ping doesn't go through anyway. And how do you know they aren't active? They might be active, or might have to take an unexpected or emergency hiatus and still want to be able to find the thread when they get back.

Actually, I've talked myself into it. No support. I don't want people to be removing people from ping lists (to a public forum - because that's all they do) based on some random criteria (like inactivity) they can't possibly know. The person could sub to the thread and you don't get to mess with that.

Basically, why would anybody get control over what somebody else is subscribed to?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
i think i would be okay with this as long as there is a notification indicating removal from a pinglist. otherwise i could definitely foresee issues of accidental removal from a pinglist, and the person removed not knowing they are removed and never receiving the ping they signed up for.
i think i would be okay with this as long as there is a notification indicating removal from a pinglist. otherwise i could definitely foresee issues of accidental removal from a pinglist, and the person removed not knowing they are removed and never receiving the ping they signed up for.
tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif
used to be SoullessRogue/SoullessARMY
lost|20|she/he/they|isfj-t|omnisexual/romantic|fr+2
send me a friend request or message, i'm happy to chat~ if you need help or have any questions i'm always open!

wishlist|Hibernal Den Item Trading Hub|i'll pay you to brew!
tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif
Because of pinglist vandalism in the past where not only were users added against their will, they were also removed against their will, I can't really support this.
Because of pinglist vandalism in the past where not only were users added against their will, they were also removed against their will, I can't really support this.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
What if there was a button to wipe a pinglist instead? The main reason I would want this is reusing a pinglist- I have a hatchery, and if a pair isn't doing so well, I'd rather use its list for a pair people would want hatchies from.

Honestly though, I also think pinglist owners should be able to curate the pinglists they own. Y'all are pretty keen on letting people do tiered blocking, generally- I'm thinking of this more under that lens. Maybe I don't want to let so-and-so have first dibs on all my hatchies, but I don't hate them to the extent of blocking. The whole harassment thing... pinglists, atm, have one owner. If you're signing up for a pinglist run by somebody who is messing with you (and you know they are), I completely fail to grasp the logic.
What if there was a button to wipe a pinglist instead? The main reason I would want this is reusing a pinglist- I have a hatchery, and if a pair isn't doing so well, I'd rather use its list for a pair people would want hatchies from.

Honestly though, I also think pinglist owners should be able to curate the pinglists they own. Y'all are pretty keen on letting people do tiered blocking, generally- I'm thinking of this more under that lens. Maybe I don't want to let so-and-so have first dibs on all my hatchies, but I don't hate them to the extent of blocking. The whole harassment thing... pinglists, atm, have one owner. If you're signing up for a pinglist run by somebody who is messing with you (and you know they are), I completely fail to grasp the logic.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

i support. there's more harm from randos signing up to a certain person's pinglist to bother them than there is harm from a single person getting removed from a pinglist.
34047237.png
73030014.png
Pinging inactive players isn't really a problem, and having a "Ping lasts for X days" timer or something would be more useful than individual removal; and if you don't want to interact with someone, then blocking works better

I wouldn't mind a purge button that could be used for raffles or such, but not much support for individual removal. If the ping system was changed and had more use for individual removals, then sure, but as it stands now, I don't see much reason for it
Pinging inactive players isn't really a problem, and having a "Ping lasts for X days" timer or something would be more useful than individual removal; and if you don't want to interact with someone, then blocking works better

I wouldn't mind a purge button that could be used for raffles or such, but not much support for individual removal. If the ping system was changed and had more use for individual removals, then sure, but as it stands now, I don't see much reason for it
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-04-22 23:59:08" ] What if there was a button to wipe a pinglist instead? The main reason I would want this is reusing a pinglist- I have a hatchery, and if a pair isn't doing so well, I'd rather use its list for a pair people would want hatchies from. Honestly though, I also think pinglist owners should be able to curate the pinglists they own. Y'all are pretty keen on letting people do tiered blocking, generally- I'm thinking of this more under that lens. Maybe I don't want to let so-and-so have first dibs on all my hatchies, but I don't hate them to the extent of blocking. The whole harassment thing... pinglists, atm, have one owner. If you're signing up for a pinglist run by somebody who is messing with you (and you know they are), I completely fail to grasp the logic. [/quote] Yes, I support tiered or modular blocking. So if Player A doesn't want to ping (in giving and/or receiving) Player B, Player A could ping-block Player B without blocking the AH or forum posts or the profile or anything. In fact, I think modular blocking would work well as an even better alternative to this suggestion.
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-04-22 23:59:08:

Yes, I support tiered or modular blocking. So if Player A doesn't want to ping (in giving and/or receiving) Player B, Player A could ping-block Player B without blocking the AH or forum posts or the profile or anything. In fact, I think modular blocking would work well as an even better alternative to this suggestion.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-04-22 23:59:08" ] Honestly though, I also think pinglist owners should be able to curate the pinglists they own. Y'all are pretty keen on letting people do tiered blocking, generally- I'm thinking of this more under that lens. Maybe I don't want to let so-and-so have first dibs on all my hatchies, but I don't hate them to the extent of blocking. The whole harassment thing... pinglists, atm, have one owner. If you're signing up for a pinglist run by somebody who is messing with you (and you know they are), I completely fail to grasp the logic. [/quote] I don't really see the logic in removing just one person. In the "I don't like them, but also don't hate them" example - I can't see a good outcome from essentially trolling this person by removing them from your pinglist until they notice that they are being purposefully removed. Or in the case that there is notification of removal, that's just asking for a confrontation. "Why did you remove me from your pinglist? I see you are still using it." I just see this as a sure recipe for drama. I seriously cannot see any good possibly coming from this situation.
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-04-22 23:59:08:
I don't really see the logic in removing just one person. In the "I don't like them, but also don't hate them" example - I can't see a good outcome from essentially trolling this person by removing them from your pinglist until they notice that they are being purposefully removed. Or in the case that there is notification of removal, that's just asking for a confrontation. "Why did you remove me from your pinglist? I see you are still using it." I just see this as a sure recipe for drama. I seriously cannot see any good possibly coming from this situation.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I could see use in like, tiered raffles where you remove some people in each drawing... but that doesn't actually work in our current pinglist system since they can just rejoin. And that's the same for any example I can think of, it just doesn't fit/work with what we currently have. Maybe in the future, but not right now
I could see use in like, tiered raffles where you remove some people in each drawing... but that doesn't actually work in our current pinglist system since they can just rejoin. And that's the same for any example I can think of, it just doesn't fit/work with what we currently have. Maybe in the future, but not right now
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
1 2 3