Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Be able to name exalted dragons
1 2 3 4 5
Support as long as it's made clear that messaging another player to rename a dragon you sold/traded/otherwise got rid of is harassment and can (and should) get you banned (whether made clear in the community, in a popup, or some other way).

A little popup when you attempt to rename an exalted derg telling you something like

Only the exalter of a dragon can rename it, and attempting to get another player to rename a dragon they exalted is harassment and against the ToS and should be reported. Renaming an exalted dragon is NOT reversible.
Are you sure you you want to rename it?

could possibly help imo. I'd rather not rely on the community knowing and informing player since not everyone is apart of the community. Some players like playing by themselves, and someone messaging them about a dragon name shouldn't be a big turn off, and knowing it's reportable could help
Support as long as it's made clear that messaging another player to rename a dragon you sold/traded/otherwise got rid of is harassment and can (and should) get you banned (whether made clear in the community, in a popup, or some other way).

A little popup when you attempt to rename an exalted derg telling you something like

Only the exalter of a dragon can rename it, and attempting to get another player to rename a dragon they exalted is harassment and against the ToS and should be reported. Renaming an exalted dragon is NOT reversible.
Are you sure you you want to rename it?

could possibly help imo. I'd rather not rely on the community knowing and informing player since not everyone is apart of the community. Some players like playing by themselves, and someone messaging them about a dragon name shouldn't be a big turn off, and knowing it's reportable could help
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Support… my favorite dragon has several unnamed exalted ones. It bugs me SO MUCH RERRRREAHHHHHHHHGGH
Support… my favorite dragon has several unnamed exalted ones. It bugs me SO MUCH RERRRREAHHHHHHHHGGH
1cLgG.gif BlIrA.gif WzWzQ.gif 83XSI.gif 2532J.gif 5vtjg.gif zQFbf.gif 8qraf.gif
SUPPORT! Renaming is a totally different situation, but I personally would love to named the unnamed dragons that I accidentally exalted. It helps with family tree concept too. Please consider devs!
SUPPORT! Renaming is a totally different situation, but I personally would love to named the unnamed dragons that I accidentally exalted. It helps with family tree concept too. Please consider devs!
How you suppose this should be payed?
Is it same or new scroll? Or something else?

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
Support! I accidentally exalted several dragons from a lyric offspring list with generated names by accident several months ago.

This would be useful for occasions like that that may pop up in the future!
Support! I accidentally exalted several dragons from a lyric offspring list with generated names by accident several months ago.

This would be useful for occasions like that that may pop up in the future!
[quote name="Alkhor" date="2024-01-07 22:06:32" ] How you suppose this should be payed? Is it same or new scroll? Or something else? [/quote] You have to just pay the site to unexalt a dragon. I don't know why it wouldn't be like that.
Alkhor wrote on 2024-01-07 22:06:32:
You have to just pay the site to unexalt a dragon. I don't know why it wouldn't be like that.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to, and it only really affects your dragons (the one you currently have that the Unnamed dragon is listed on), so it doesn't take away anyone's agency or whatever. There can be a guard so they can only be given a name if they've been exalted so you can't sell an Unnamed dragon to another player and then name it yourself, too.
Yeah, I think you should be able to rename an Unnamed dragon that's on one of your dragon's offspring list. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to, and it only really affects your dragons (the one you currently have that the Unnamed dragon is listed on), so it doesn't take away anyone's agency or whatever. There can be a guard so they can only be given a name if they've been exalted so you can't sell an Unnamed dragon to another player and then name it yourself, too.
FR +3
she/her or they/them
Sales Tab
FLAMECALLER_sig.png
mild support but i've always felt like exalted unnamed dragons should just be automatically randomly named by the site
mild support but i've always felt like exalted unnamed dragons should just be automatically randomly named by the site
Jq5iIEI.png
support. if I exalted it, why not. in most cases for me, it is dragon from my list that I exalted and I am worried about having name (happened once, I unexalted him to name and exalted again). yes, mistakes happen, but in most cases you can fix those mistakes. it is nice to have option to fix your mistake on SOME way
support. if I exalted it, why not. in most cases for me, it is dragon from my list that I exalted and I am worried about having name (happened once, I unexalted him to name and exalted again). yes, mistakes happen, but in most cases you can fix those mistakes. it is nice to have option to fix your mistake on SOME way
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Like others, I do have some concern that this might become a new avenue of harassment... but overall, I think it would be a net positive for users as a QoL thing. Just one more way to make misclicks a little less punishing!

That said, I actually think that a feature like this would be better without any kind of "statute of limitations" on making the fix (or at least, not one any longer than the duration to restore an exalted dragon to begin with).
First, it would make a lot of intuitive sense that those time limits would be shared, which would help people not mix things up trying to remember. And, second, I have the hopeful notion that removing a sense of urgency around the rename would also help users stay calm and not be tempted to try to bother other users over it.
Like others, I do have some concern that this might become a new avenue of harassment... but overall, I think it would be a net positive for users as a QoL thing. Just one more way to make misclicks a little less punishing!

That said, I actually think that a feature like this would be better without any kind of "statute of limitations" on making the fix (or at least, not one any longer than the duration to restore an exalted dragon to begin with).
First, it would make a lot of intuitive sense that those time limits would be shared, which would help people not mix things up trying to remember. And, second, I have the hopeful notion that removing a sense of urgency around the rename would also help users stay calm and not be tempted to try to bother other users over it.
GG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic UfHl5Xb.png

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 3 4 5