Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Be able to name exalted dragons
1 2 3 4 5
Support, as long as it's only the dragons that you exalted and not other's dragons (even if they hatched from your dragons). I think a 24-48 hour window for renaming is reasonable?

Even though I exalted them long ago, I would like to be able to rename my progen's babies so the ugly "unnameds" wouldn't be stuck on their hatchlings list ^^;
Support, as long as it's only the dragons that you exalted and not other's dragons (even if they hatched from your dragons). I think a 24-48 hour window for renaming is reasonable?

Even though I exalted them long ago, I would like to be able to rename my progen's babies so the ugly "unnameds" wouldn't be stuck on their hatchlings list ^^;
earth.gif hcj7ic.png
8mkjk8.png
u63vvz.png
sv23bc.png
hknb1z.png
Support, everyone makes mistakes.

If there is a concern of abuse to the system somehow, it could cost an increasing amount with every use. It would make reaching out to buyers about renames feel a little more gauche, anyway.
Support, everyone makes mistakes.

If there is a concern of abuse to the system somehow, it could cost an increasing amount with every use. It would make reaching out to buyers about renames feel a little more gauche, anyway.
21402.png
I think this is a good idea, but I have a better one:
What if when you went to exalt an unnamed dragon, the "are you sure" window shows a bar for it to be named? I honestly thought that would happen when I exalted a dragon for the first time, and now my progens will forever have "unnamed" pretty early up in their offspring lists.
A more extreme option would make it so you can't exalt an unnamed dragon at all? This will prevent the hypothetical arguments that the two-week naming system might cause.
What if when you went to exalt an unnamed dragon, the "are you sure" window shows a bar for it to be named? I honestly thought that would happen when I exalted a dragon for the first time, and now my progens will forever have "unnamed" pretty early up in their offspring lists.
A more extreme option would make it so you can't exalt an unnamed dragon at all? This will prevent the hypothetical arguments that the two-week naming system might cause.
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
[quote]What if when you went to exalt an unnamed dragon, the "are you sure" window shows a bar for it to be named? I honestly thought that would happen when I exalted a dragon for the first time, and now my progens will forever have "unnamed" pretty early up in their offspring lists.[/quote] Mistake will happen anyway, people tend to click very fast on pop-up without reading them. That's why you also end up with people exalting permas by accident, or selling stuff at the wrong price :/
Quote:

Mistake will happen anyway, people tend to click very fast on pop-up without reading them. That's why you also end up with people exalting permas by accident, or selling stuff at the wrong price :/
[quote name="LazyGravez" date="2024-01-04 08:15:28" ] I think this is a good idea, but I have a better one: What if when you went to exalt an unnamed dragon, the "are you sure" window shows a bar for it to be named? I honestly thought that would happen when I exalted a dragon for the first time, and now my progens will forever have "unnamed" pretty early up in their offspring lists. A more extreme option would make it so you can't exalt an unnamed dragon at all? This will prevent the hypothetical arguments that the two-week naming system might cause. [/quote] This doesn't really give players the option to rename dragons that they exalted, but then realized there was a typo in the dragon's name. I like the idea better about players being able to rename (for a fee, if not Unnamed) any dragon that they personally exalted.
LazyGravez wrote on 2024-01-04 08:15:28:
This doesn't really give players the option to rename dragons that they exalted, but then realized there was a typo in the dragon's name. I like the idea better about players being able to rename (for a fee, if not Unnamed) any dragon that they personally exalted.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Huge support, this has absolutely been an issue for me in the past and I'm still upset about it. Of course for this reason I personally would like any dragon I exalted unnamed to be namable by me, but I understand for some people that list would be huge. Still, I can hope.

Something I wonder about this suggestion, though, is if it would just be for unnamed dragons, or any dragons exalted in the last two weeks- via rename scrolls? Personally I think just unnamed dragons being able to be named up to two weeks after exaltation seems reasonable.
Huge support, this has absolutely been an issue for me in the past and I'm still upset about it. Of course for this reason I personally would like any dragon I exalted unnamed to be namable by me, but I understand for some people that list would be huge. Still, I can hope.

Something I wonder about this suggestion, though, is if it would just be for unnamed dragons, or any dragons exalted in the last two weeks- via rename scrolls? Personally I think just unnamed dragons being able to be named up to two weeks after exaltation seems reasonable.
tpG8plN.gif 20f0d7fd40667f35723eea7f24de9c519f7b2cca.png 9tl1qHF.gif
I don’t think it should need a 2-week etc limit, certainly not from a data storage standpoint since exalted dragons are attached to user accounts anyway and names/unnamed status is information that is kept

This is getting into “see all your exalted dragons” territory, which I also like as an idea

Removing the time limit invite more harassment about remaining someone else’s exalted dragons? Maybe, but honestly I’d be impressed if anyone kept enough track of who exalted their hatchlings to do that
I don’t think it should need a 2-week etc limit, certainly not from a data storage standpoint since exalted dragons are attached to user accounts anyway and names/unnamed status is information that is kept

This is getting into “see all your exalted dragons” territory, which I also like as an idea

Removing the time limit invite more harassment about remaining someone else’s exalted dragons? Maybe, but honestly I’d be impressed if anyone kept enough track of who exalted their hatchlings to do that
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-01-03 04:15:43" ] no support! you should've named the dragon before it was exalted and this opens the door for massive complaints about "why can we name THESE (self) exalted dragons but not THESE (other user) exalted dragons" which causes argument about gameplay [/quote] To be clear, I very clearly said it was a stupid mistake on my part lol. Obviously I should have exalted them named. Fact of the matter is, it was 5am FR time (9am my time) on the last day of NoTN and I had done 14 hours on non-stop grinding and skipped sleep to do so, and I make a mistake because of that. First time in 8 years of playing that has ever happened. I definitely see your point that it could open the door to complaints, but I honestly really don’t see why that should be a reason for the feature not to exist? We already have people complaining about various features. People complaining doesn’t really matter because it would be up to the staff to implement that or not, and I have a feeling staff would never allow us to name other people's exalts for obvious reasons.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-01-03 04:15:43:
no support! you should've named the dragon before it was exalted and this opens the door for massive complaints about "why can we name THESE (self) exalted dragons but not THESE (other user) exalted dragons" which causes argument about gameplay

To be clear, I very clearly said it was a stupid mistake on my part lol. Obviously I should have exalted them named. Fact of the matter is, it was 5am FR time (9am my time) on the last day of NoTN and I had done 14 hours on non-stop grinding and skipped sleep to do so, and I make a mistake because of that. First time in 8 years of playing that has ever happened.

I definitely see your point that it could open the door to complaints, but I honestly really don’t see why that should be a reason for the feature not to exist? We already have people complaining about various features. People complaining doesn’t really matter because it would be up to the staff to implement that or not, and I have a feeling staff would never allow us to name other people's exalts for obvious reasons.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
I don't think the possibility of harassment should prevent this suggestion at all. Instead, we should just ban anyone who does it. No reason to let those people stop us from having a good suggestion. If someone harasses over it, they get banned from chatting. Simple as that, really.
I don't think the possibility of harassment should prevent this suggestion at all. Instead, we should just ban anyone who does it. No reason to let those people stop us from having a good suggestion. If someone harasses over it, they get banned from chatting. Simple as that, really.
Support. Yes, this could theoretically open up doors for harassment, but I think as long as it's made clear harassing over names is against the rules harassers are punished the good of this suggestion outweighs the bad
Support. Yes, this could theoretically open up doors for harassment, but I think as long as it's made clear harassing over names is against the rules harassers are punished the good of this suggestion outweighs the bad
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
1 2 3 4 5