Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Be able to name exalted dragons
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Niya" date="2024-01-20 07:57:12" ] Your exalt your choice - of course support. It was your dragon anyway. And why not allow also naming exalted child which parent/s you own? It will not change anything for person which exalted him/her so I don't see any reasonable objections against it. [/quote] except once you exalt it you have 2 weeks to get it back and once that two weeks is up you have no say or control over it because that dragon is no longer accessible to you
Niya wrote on 2024-01-20 07:57:12:
Your exalt your choice - of course support. It was your dragon anyway.

And why not allow also naming exalted child which parent/s you own? It will not change anything for person which exalted him/her so I don't see any reasonable objections against it.
except once you exalt it you have 2 weeks to get it back and once that two weeks is up you have no say or control over it because that dragon is no longer accessible to you
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
That would be cool. Exalted dragons aren't gone from existence.

I'd also support not being able to exalt an unnamed dragon. Must be difficult to serve a higher purpose without having a name to abide by, just for lore purposes.

As a G1 lair I'd also support a system to hide the offspring list of a dragon.
That would be cool. Exalted dragons aren't gone from existence.

I'd also support not being able to exalt an unnamed dragon. Must be difficult to serve a higher purpose without having a name to abide by, just for lore purposes.

As a G1 lair I'd also support a system to hide the offspring list of a dragon.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
Support! The single unnamed child under one of my lore pairs' lists still haunts me OTL
Support! The single unnamed child under one of my lore pairs' lists still haunts me OTL
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
Some thoughts and clarifications based on follow-up suggestions made:

I’m not suggesting or in support of being able to name any dragon that was not exalted by the player themselves. This includes offspring of our dragons, or similar suggestions. Once a dragon is out of your lair, it is no longer in your control. In my opinion it would not be fair to be able to edit the exalts of other players, for any reason.

Likewise, this suggestion is also not in support of the idea that all dragons should be automatically named upon exaltation. This topic has been brought up many times in past suggestions, and it’s pretty clear that people may choose to exalt a dragon Unnamed intentionally. I don’t suggest taking away the player’s choice to exalt without a name.

Regarding renaming, I support adding on the ability to rename our exalts within the two-week window. I don’t see a need for a rename scroll, and I think that would just make things more awkward. Instead, I suggest it could just be a flat fee of 6,000t (price of Scroll of Renaming in Marketplace) paid directly to Flight Rising. Naming an Unnamed dragon I imagine would be free, since it’s free to name any other Unnamed dragon.

And lastly, the topic of name all exalts verses just those exalted in the last two weeks - I chose two weeks for a few reasons, one of which being that we already have the programming in place in the form of the restore page. If they were to show all dragons that have ever been exalted by a player, they would have to make a much larger list, which could possibly be laggy or unwieldy for some players.

Another reason was that I felt that two weeks was the safest bet, in terms of making sure we aren’t editing someone else’s gameplay in any way. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to be able to edit dragons exalted years ago. This is especially true if the ability to rename was added, or if the dragon has offspring. There could be unintended consequences and I just think it’d be better not to open that door. Two-weeks is a short and simple timeframe already used in several areas of FR, and I think it’d be easiest to adapt around.
Some thoughts and clarifications based on follow-up suggestions made:

I’m not suggesting or in support of being able to name any dragon that was not exalted by the player themselves. This includes offspring of our dragons, or similar suggestions. Once a dragon is out of your lair, it is no longer in your control. In my opinion it would not be fair to be able to edit the exalts of other players, for any reason.

Likewise, this suggestion is also not in support of the idea that all dragons should be automatically named upon exaltation. This topic has been brought up many times in past suggestions, and it’s pretty clear that people may choose to exalt a dragon Unnamed intentionally. I don’t suggest taking away the player’s choice to exalt without a name.

Regarding renaming, I support adding on the ability to rename our exalts within the two-week window. I don’t see a need for a rename scroll, and I think that would just make things more awkward. Instead, I suggest it could just be a flat fee of 6,000t (price of Scroll of Renaming in Marketplace) paid directly to Flight Rising. Naming an Unnamed dragon I imagine would be free, since it’s free to name any other Unnamed dragon.

And lastly, the topic of name all exalts verses just those exalted in the last two weeks - I chose two weeks for a few reasons, one of which being that we already have the programming in place in the form of the restore page. If they were to show all dragons that have ever been exalted by a player, they would have to make a much larger list, which could possibly be laggy or unwieldy for some players.

Another reason was that I felt that two weeks was the safest bet, in terms of making sure we aren’t editing someone else’s gameplay in any way. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to be able to edit dragons exalted years ago. This is especially true if the ability to rename was added, or if the dragon has offspring. There could be unintended consequences and I just think it’d be better not to open that door. Two-weeks is a short and simple timeframe already used in several areas of FR, and I think it’d be easiest to adapt around.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
[quote name="Niya" date="2024-01-20 07:59:16" ] Especially precognitors offsprings... https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23958016 [/quote] Yessss, can't stress this part enough. Breaks my heart I have progenitor line dragons that I accidentally exalted being unnamed. I was just a newbie, just tryna find my way around the website! Now I'm obsessed and I understand...
Niya wrote on 2024-01-20 07:59:16:
Especially precognitors offsprings... https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/23958016

Yessss, can't stress this part enough. Breaks my heart I have progenitor line dragons that I accidentally exalted being unnamed. I was just a newbie, just tryna find my way around the website! Now I'm obsessed and I understand...
Support.
Support.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
no support.

i think that people already feel a bit too entitled when it comes to other users exalting unnamed dragons. as soon as the ability to change names after exalting is added, people are going to get harassed for 'messing up an offspring list' when it was the original person's fault if they sold/gave them away unnamed.

also if it bothers you so much just pay to unexalt the dragon. this feature technically already exists, you don't need it for free bc you made a bad decision and it messed up your aesthetic.

plus exalting a dragon is essentially like selling it. yes it's still tied to your account, but you don't own it anymore, you'd have to buy it back. if you accidentally sold a dragon to another user would you expect them to name it whatever you want for free?
no support.

i think that people already feel a bit too entitled when it comes to other users exalting unnamed dragons. as soon as the ability to change names after exalting is added, people are going to get harassed for 'messing up an offspring list' when it was the original person's fault if they sold/gave them away unnamed.

also if it bothers you so much just pay to unexalt the dragon. this feature technically already exists, you don't need it for free bc you made a bad decision and it messed up your aesthetic.

plus exalting a dragon is essentially like selling it. yes it's still tied to your account, but you don't own it anymore, you'd have to buy it back. if you accidentally sold a dragon to another user would you expect them to name it whatever you want for free?
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
WQXM0B9.png mlr1H8z.png
7mA8Wfu.png
No support!

The actual owner's right to name or not a dragon. Once players sell a dragon, it is no longer theirs. I don’t think there should be any more explanation then this or the topic below.

The staff already explained their stance here on dragons and exalting!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078
No support!

The actual owner's right to name or not a dragon. Once players sell a dragon, it is no longer theirs. I don’t think there should be any more explanation then this or the topic below.

This user has Autism and epilepsy, please be nice to her.
[quote name="Luvia" date="2024-02-05 20:27:07" ] No support! The actual owner's right to name or not a dragon. Once players sell a dragon, it is no longer theirs. I don’t think there should be any more explanation then this or the topic below. The staff already explained their stance here on dragons and exalting! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1861078 [/quote] The suggestion was for the owner of the dragon to be able to name an unnamed dragon that they themselves exalted. The thread got off topic, and it might be wise to make sure you took a look at the original suggestion. [quote name="Rainbeetle" date="2024-01-02 17:08:33"] I am not suggesting that we are able to name dragons that have been exalted longer than two weeks prior, [b]nor name dragons that any other player has exalted. Preferably only your own exalts done within the last two weeks would be eligible for a name.[/b] [/quote] It wasn't mentioning selling dragons at all.
Luvia wrote on 2024-02-05 20:27:07:
No support!

The suggestion was for the owner of the dragon to be able to name an unnamed dragon that they themselves exalted. The thread got off topic, and it might be wise to make sure you took a look at the original suggestion.
Rainbeetle wrote on 2024-01-02 17:08:33:
I am not suggesting that we are able to name dragons that have been exalted longer than two weeks prior, nor name dragons that any other player has exalted. Preferably only your own exalts done within the last two weeks would be eligible for a name.

It wasn't mentioning selling dragons at all.
no FObX7rS.png
hh5n4WA.png
7OY8Vcs.png
image.png
lAvpyOQ.png
nWiQNX9.png
nooo R3T9Jmp.png
Yeah, support for being able to (re)name a dragon you exalted yourself in the span of two weeks. Yes there's a way to unexalted the dragon, but it's limited to only 1 dragon and is a long, unnecessary process if all you do is bring back the dragon to name it and exalt it again.

In short, I support exactly what OP has suggested. + You should be able to rename a dragon under the same condition if said dragon already has a name.

Anything stepping over that (naming someone's else exalt, naming an exalt you did over 2 weeks ago, etc.) is another discussion and I don't personnally would like to see that.
Yeah, support for being able to (re)name a dragon you exalted yourself in the span of two weeks. Yes there's a way to unexalted the dragon, but it's limited to only 1 dragon and is a long, unnecessary process if all you do is bring back the dragon to name it and exalt it again.

In short, I support exactly what OP has suggested. + You should be able to rename a dragon under the same condition if said dragon already has a name.

Anything stepping over that (naming someone's else exalt, naming an exalt you did over 2 weeks ago, etc.) is another discussion and I don't personnally would like to see that.
1 2 3 4 5