Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bulky/Fat ancient
1 2 3 4
All ancients we've had so far are quite slim in build, with only Gaolers somewhat straying from that since most of their mass seems to be fur and only their members are muscular, so I think the next ancient should be a bulky dragon.

Some of the ideas that I had

Body shape and features in general

- A dragon with a body similar to that of an armadillo, a pandolin or an isopod capable of conglobation. Depending on how this is designed they can look like giant boulders while conglobated.
For the idea of a boulder in specific a body similar to that of a testudine could also work.
This could make a very cute baby pose possible, one where the hatchling is partially conglobated (or hidden inside its shell), peeking at the player. Give it multiple, soft stubby legs.

Their fight style could be by rolling and crushing their opponents.

- Whales, frogs, crocodiles or even basking sharks for an ambush predator. "Snappers are already frogs" we can have more. For this one in special there could be a focus on the mouth, as in, they leave their mouth open to catch any unsuspecting prey passing by, and camouflage. They would be fat, with small legs compared to the rest of their bodies with a grounded posture. Crocodilian body.

Another way to implement the ambush idea is by making them behave like trapdoor spiders and other animals that burrow themselves to hunt prey.

- A dragon with a single, light-emiting big eye or a simple light organ that looks like an eye.
This could also give us a creepy dragon. (I want one)
Alternatively, they could have a light organ inside the mouth, so a light beam comes out when they open it. Kind of like a lighthouse.
This idea in particular could work well for Light since there is a port in their region.

- Seals. They are very nice animals and it would be great to see a dragon inspired by them. Clunky on land.. but very good swimmers. I could see something like this for Wind. Instead of being good on water, they'd be good fliers.
(Though I personally want a fox-like dragon for Wind)

Genes

Those are with Earth in mind.

- Fossil walls. (Please)
- Moss tertiary, because moss and rock goes well.
- Geodes.
- Some sort of cave painting, probably best as a tertiary and could show Earth's artistic side.
- Scuttle if the dragon is long and fat.
- More rock inspired genes.
- Magmatic, a gene that would give the dragon cracks with flowing magma and a rougher texture. Would fit fire best but it would be cool to see anyway.
- Termite mounds, some have interesting shapes.

With Light in mind.

- Ignis fatuus
- Light "pods" on its underbelly
- Noctiluca
- Ruin pillars

If anyone has any ideas they want to share, please do so.
All ancients we've had so far are quite slim in build, with only Gaolers somewhat straying from that since most of their mass seems to be fur and only their members are muscular, so I think the next ancient should be a bulky dragon.

Some of the ideas that I had

Body shape and features in general

- A dragon with a body similar to that of an armadillo, a pandolin or an isopod capable of conglobation. Depending on how this is designed they can look like giant boulders while conglobated.
For the idea of a boulder in specific a body similar to that of a testudine could also work.
This could make a very cute baby pose possible, one where the hatchling is partially conglobated (or hidden inside its shell), peeking at the player. Give it multiple, soft stubby legs.

Their fight style could be by rolling and crushing their opponents.

- Whales, frogs, crocodiles or even basking sharks for an ambush predator. "Snappers are already frogs" we can have more. For this one in special there could be a focus on the mouth, as in, they leave their mouth open to catch any unsuspecting prey passing by, and camouflage. They would be fat, with small legs compared to the rest of their bodies with a grounded posture. Crocodilian body.

Another way to implement the ambush idea is by making them behave like trapdoor spiders and other animals that burrow themselves to hunt prey.

- A dragon with a single, light-emiting big eye or a simple light organ that looks like an eye.
This could also give us a creepy dragon. (I want one)
Alternatively, they could have a light organ inside the mouth, so a light beam comes out when they open it. Kind of like a lighthouse.
This idea in particular could work well for Light since there is a port in their region.

- Seals. They are very nice animals and it would be great to see a dragon inspired by them. Clunky on land.. but very good swimmers. I could see something like this for Wind. Instead of being good on water, they'd be good fliers.
(Though I personally want a fox-like dragon for Wind)

Genes

Those are with Earth in mind.

- Fossil walls. (Please)
- Moss tertiary, because moss and rock goes well.
- Geodes.
- Some sort of cave painting, probably best as a tertiary and could show Earth's artistic side.
- Scuttle if the dragon is long and fat.
- More rock inspired genes.
- Magmatic, a gene that would give the dragon cracks with flowing magma and a rougher texture. Would fit fire best but it would be cool to see anyway.
- Termite mounds, some have interesting shapes.

With Light in mind.

- Ignis fatuus
- Light "pods" on its underbelly
- Noctiluca
- Ruin pillars

If anyone has any ideas they want to share, please do so.
Play Outer Wilds
Earth's modern breed - Snappers - already cover a lot of the suggested visuals, so I don't think that the same flight should have two very similar breeds. Ice's Gaolers have been called "the better tundra" and I don't think that "the better snapper" should be the plan.

No issue with "fat" dragon concept on its own, for example, bumblebee style "how is it flying" wind ancient would be fun.
Earth's modern breed - Snappers - already cover a lot of the suggested visuals, so I don't think that the same flight should have two very similar breeds. Ice's Gaolers have been called "the better tundra" and I don't think that "the better snapper" should be the plan.

No issue with "fat" dragon concept on its own, for example, bumblebee style "how is it flying" wind ancient would be fun.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I'd rather see something a bit different for Earth (both Snappers and Obelisks are chunky/beefy dragons so variety would be good) but something like this for the light ancient (or second round ancients) would be awesome! Definitely my kinda dragon.
I'd rather see something a bit different for Earth (both Snappers and Obelisks are chunky/beefy dragons so variety would be good) but something like this for the light ancient (or second round ancients) would be awesome! Definitely my kinda dragon.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
...You're right, I forgot about Obelisks. I'm going to update the main post in a bit so it is not limited to Earth only.
...You're right, I forgot about Obelisks. I'm going to update the main post in a bit so it is not limited to Earth only.
Play Outer Wilds
Ohhh, pleaaase. It's so sad how many dragons in this game are notably skinny looking! I'd really love to finally see another fat dragon breed :,,,)
Ohhh, pleaaase. It's so sad how many dragons in this game are notably skinny looking! I'd really love to finally see another fat dragon breed :,,,)
Illustration24.png
Personally, I'd love to see another bulky dragon breed! Many of the dragon breeds in this game are quite slender, and that's fine, but having more fat dragons would be great!
Personally, I'd love to see another bulky dragon breed! Many of the dragon breeds in this game are quite slender, and that's fine, but having more fat dragons would be great!
Avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93955351
Support we need more tanks
Support we need more tanks
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
Support, such similar body types gets a little boring. I would love one for light, perhaps something strong enough to fight an Emperor..?
Support, such similar body types gets a little boring. I would love one for light, perhaps something strong enough to fight an Emperor..?
eheu... ova!
no pronouns, refer to me as Dormie or Dormiebasne. Don't use they/them please.
Not a ancient, but aren't bogs one of the beefer breeds as well?
Not a ancient, but aren't bogs one of the beefer breeds as well?
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
Absolute support! We do have some breeds that could be described as bulky or fat, but they're outnumbered by slimmer breeds and there's no harm in adjusting that :>
Absolute support! We do have some breeds that could be described as bulky or fat, but they're outnumbered by slimmer breeds and there's no harm in adjusting that :>
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
1 2 3 4