Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Don't limit pings - it'll destroy tools
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20
yes, support, I'll paste my two comments from the announcement thread here [quote name="arawoods" date="2023-10-26 09:53:35" ] the pinglist feature is totally unexpected to me, but it seems REALLY cool!! I am worried about the fact that mass pings are being fully taken away though for example, the GASP pinglist; it has a lot of specific opt-in AND opt-out features (such as opting in for all silks umas but opting out of anything with eye imagery), or opt-ins for things that are way too specific for an on-site pinglist (such as wanting ONLY snapper f skins with ONLY flower motifs), and I don't see how stuff like that could work with the new on-site system? another problem I see is that some daily pinglists, like the marketplace flash sale pinglist or the swipp's swap pinglist, which require pinging by random people. so unless the creator of the thread/pinglist is going to be doing all of the pings (which isn't feasible), the fact that people other than the creator of the pinglist can't use said pinglist COMBINED with the fact that mass pings aren't allowed is a problem it's still a really cool feature, I just hope there's some solution to the above points? maybe I'm misunderstanding parts of the feature too, but yeah. taking out mass pings seems like a mistake, so I hope it doesn't happen! [/quote] [quote name="arawoods" date="2023-10-26 10:34:21" ] very glad everyone is seeing the same problem I am! like others have said, I would be happy to use both pinglist systems in tandem. the on-site pinglist system is great, but we NEED the ability to do mass pings to keep important parts of the forums running [/quote]
yes, support, I'll paste my two comments from the announcement thread here
arawoods wrote on 2023-10-26 09:53:35:
the pinglist feature is totally unexpected to me, but it seems REALLY cool!!

I am worried about the fact that mass pings are being fully taken away though

for example, the GASP pinglist; it has a lot of specific opt-in AND opt-out features (such as opting in for all silks umas but opting out of anything with eye imagery), or opt-ins for things that are way too specific for an on-site pinglist (such as wanting ONLY snapper f skins with ONLY flower motifs), and I don't see how stuff like that could work with the new on-site system?

another problem I see is that some daily pinglists, like the marketplace flash sale pinglist or the swipp's swap pinglist, which require pinging by random people. so unless the creator of the thread/pinglist is going to be doing all of the pings (which isn't feasible), the fact that people other than the creator of the pinglist can't use said pinglist COMBINED with the fact that mass pings aren't allowed is a problem

it's still a really cool feature, I just hope there's some solution to the above points? maybe I'm misunderstanding parts of the feature too, but yeah. taking out mass pings seems like a mistake, so I hope it doesn't happen!
arawoods wrote on 2023-10-26 10:34:21:
very glad everyone is seeing the same problem I am!

like others have said, I would be happy to use both pinglist systems in tandem. the on-site pinglist system is great, but we NEED the ability to do mass pings to keep important parts of the forums running
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
Support! I think it would be much too difficult for staff to try to replace the off-site system that many use to ping for sales and other things. Of course there has been the issue of people adding to pinglists to harass other users but that can be solved by having the option for players to turn off pings from messages with over X amount of pings in them. I think removing mass pings would damage FR's economy severely.
Support! I think it would be much too difficult for staff to try to replace the off-site system that many use to ping for sales and other things. Of course there has been the issue of people adding to pinglists to harass other users but that can be solved by having the option for players to turn off pings from messages with over X amount of pings in them. I think removing mass pings would damage FR's economy severely.
aure
she/her
fr +2
skincents
70YUgVu.png
Full suppprt! It will kill or stifle the business of small skin artists and sales, and make collaboration and participation for DOM and other fun user-run events hard to do. In other words, I feel that it would be like killing the interactivity of the game. To me, disabling mass pings would almost be like Flight Rising shooting themselves in the foot, considering that a) to my knowledge, mass pings has almost been never or rarely abused by players, b) has worked completely fine for many years and c) is the basis of many and multiple communities. ----- [quote name="jackaling" date="2023-10-26 12:43:47" ] i would like to point out more thoroughly how this will have a profound and negative impact on the game economy. collecting will rely on being in the right place at the right time, rather than the established and reliable system that has been generated and tested for players. the current pinglist standards and etiquette, as they stand, are based on years of player trial and error. we all understand that off-site harassment using these user-run lists is horrible, but they are a massive part of the community and trading economy. without pinglists, users will have to rely on the forums, the auction house/marketplace, or individual users’ pinglists to fulfill collecting goals. of course that is was the forums are for, but user-generated tools make sure that information that is not readily available on-site, nor imitable by any current site feature, is shown to users who are specifically interested in that information. removal of mass pings removes a massive system of advertisement that isn’t possible to replicate on flight rising. many users are adults who are unable to camp in sales forums or the auction house to find a dragon, item, or skin we are interested in. many users rely on reaching a bigger audience than just the forums to find interested buyers. dominance, skins and accents, dragon collecting in general, pinglists that curate particular items… this update will destroy parts of the user economy that are extremely important to dedicated players. flight rising is an amazing community and this update dashes through literal years of hard work and development of the economy. it is extremely important that this is understood, because it is not trivial in any way. this could make huge waves within the game economy and i think that it needs to be specifically addressed by any further updates. [/quote] Full agreement to this as well - I feel that by negatively impacting the econony like this can also potentially reduce gem sales to the Flight Rising team as well, considering that UMAs are such a popular item. Furthermore, a loss of such an important culture - even partial - in a community is always bad for everyone as well.
Full suppprt! It will kill or stifle the business of small skin artists and sales, and make collaboration and participation for DOM and other fun user-run events hard to do. In other words, I feel that it would be like killing the interactivity of the game.

To me, disabling mass pings would almost be like Flight Rising shooting themselves in the foot, considering that a) to my knowledge, mass pings has almost been never or rarely abused by players, b) has worked completely fine for many years and c) is the basis of many and multiple communities.

jackaling wrote on 2023-10-26 12:43:47:
i would like to point out more thoroughly how this will have a profound and negative impact on the game economy.

collecting will rely on being in the right place at the right time, rather than the established and reliable system that has been generated and tested for players. the current pinglist standards and etiquette, as they stand, are based on years of player trial and error. we all understand that off-site harassment using these user-run lists is horrible, but they are a massive part of the community and trading economy.

without pinglists, users will have to rely on the forums, the auction house/marketplace, or individual users’ pinglists to fulfill collecting goals. of course that is was the forums are for, but user-generated tools make sure that information that is not readily available on-site, nor imitable by any current site feature, is shown to users who are specifically interested in that information.

removal of mass pings removes a massive system of advertisement that isn’t possible to replicate on flight rising. many users are adults who are unable to camp in sales forums or the auction house to find a dragon, item, or skin we are interested in. many users rely on reaching a bigger audience than just the forums to find interested buyers.

dominance, skins and accents, dragon collecting in general, pinglists that curate particular items… this update will destroy parts of the user economy that are extremely important to dedicated players. flight rising is an amazing community and this update dashes through literal years of hard work and development of the economy. it is extremely important that this is understood, because it is not trivial in any way. this could make huge waves within the game economy and i think that it needs to be specifically addressed by any further updates.
Full agreement to this as well - I feel that by negatively impacting the econony like this can also potentially reduce gem sales to the Flight Rising team as well, considering that UMAs are such a popular item. Furthermore, a loss of such an important culture - even partial - in a community is always bad for everyone as well.
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
Support.

While I can adapt my hatchery to the new system (it'll still be annoying), this will kill GASP and make it harder for small skin makers to get sign-ups. I often have a hard enough time getting a full run of skin sales even with GASP.

Also I don't generally have time to just browse the forums to look for skins to sign up for. Plus, a lot of threads get buried.

This will also kill things like Dom.

Support.

While I can adapt my hatchery to the new system (it'll still be annoying), this will kill GASP and make it harder for small skin makers to get sign-ups. I often have a hard enough time getting a full run of skin sales even with GASP.

Also I don't generally have time to just browse the forums to look for skins to sign up for. Plus, a lot of threads get buried.

This will also kill things like Dom.

gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
Support. Disabling GASP would make things incredibly difficult for smaller accent/skin sellers who don't have an established following yet. As a person who buys usermade skins and accents, not having GASP would mean I have no way of getting pinged for new releases from sellers I'm not already familiar with, which is a negative for both me and the seller.
Support. Disabling GASP would make things incredibly difficult for smaller accent/skin sellers who don't have an established following yet. As a person who buys usermade skins and accents, not having GASP would mean I have no way of getting pinged for new releases from sellers I'm not already familiar with, which is a negative for both me and the seller.
In search of Accent: Variegation Skin: Nightwhisper Skin: Substrate Skin: storm seeker
Support. I understand why they made this switch, but there's still a lot of problems that need to be addressed with this new system, community pinglists sound promising.
Support. I understand why they made this switch, but there's still a lot of problems that need to be addressed with this new system, community pinglists sound promising.
Noctua_Link_Big.png
Support. This will be a disaster for the economy if implemented, and I as a UMA shopper am not thrilled about having to return to the forum-thread digging I did before learning about GASP.
Support. This will be a disaster for the economy if implemented, and I as a UMA shopper am not thrilled about having to return to the forum-thread digging I did before learning about GASP.
9-BF420-CA-86-E1-4-F59-85-CA-C3-BC6-F2-B7-B26.png
Yeah. I have no problem moving my hatchery pinglists over, but the feature in its current form is not compatible with the flash sale pinglist I run with hundreds of people on it, nor is it feasible for things like GASP, G1 Hoarders, Dom Watch, and in-flight dom pings. It will either kill these things or force them off-site.
Yeah. I have no problem moving my hatchery pinglists over, but the feature in its current form is not compatible with the flash sale pinglist I run with hundreds of people on it, nor is it feasible for things like GASP, G1 Hoarders, Dom Watch, and in-flight dom pings. It will either kill these things or force them off-site.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Yeah, the proposed changes have significant drawbacks for quality of life in how pings are used by the community.

Limiting mass pings, and only allowing the creator of the list to ping it throws a huge wrench in the cog for many communities supporting aspects of the economy. We rely on pings as a tool for anyone to use when needed to alert groups under various categories of interest for sales and etc.

With these limitations and without the level of customization available by offsite pinglist organizations, this new system is a huge step back for many of us.
Yeah, the proposed changes have significant drawbacks for quality of life in how pings are used by the community.

Limiting mass pings, and only allowing the creator of the list to ping it throws a huge wrench in the cog for many communities supporting aspects of the economy. We rely on pings as a tool for anyone to use when needed to alert groups under various categories of interest for sales and etc.

With these limitations and without the level of customization available by offsite pinglist organizations, this new system is a huge step back for many of us.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
This or a change like it is hugely important for this update to become a net positive.
This or a change like it is hugely important for this update to become a net positive.
5LqH0sj.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20