Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change shock switch 1m achievement
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
This is about the 1,000,000 points on Shock Switch achievement.

Is it doable? Yes, people have done it before and done it since the release. That said, it's the only one of the score-based achievements that will take you upwards of 40 minutes on a single successful run.

Anyone who has a slightly iffy connection or simple bad luck is going to struggle. Even if you don't have any connection issues, that's extremely tough on the wrists, and taking breaks for too long is risky (connection drop, timeouts, accidentally unpausing, browsers trying to save data on non-visible tabs).

Halving it to 500k points would still make the achievement take significant effort and/or skill, but put it much more in reach of available time and wrist robustness.

EDIT:

Alternatives:

- Reduce the requirement even further but give it a 'Very Hard' level requirement. That way there's skill involved.

- Remove the achievement and replace it with artifracture-style achievements.

- Make the scoring cumulative/have a higher cumulative option

- Fix the speed bug and increase points per match
This is about the 1,000,000 points on Shock Switch achievement.

Is it doable? Yes, people have done it before and done it since the release. That said, it's the only one of the score-based achievements that will take you upwards of 40 minutes on a single successful run.

Anyone who has a slightly iffy connection or simple bad luck is going to struggle. Even if you don't have any connection issues, that's extremely tough on the wrists, and taking breaks for too long is risky (connection drop, timeouts, accidentally unpausing, browsers trying to save data on non-visible tabs).

Halving it to 500k points would still make the achievement take significant effort and/or skill, but put it much more in reach of available time and wrist robustness.

EDIT:

Alternatives:

- Reduce the requirement even further but give it a 'Very Hard' level requirement. That way there's skill involved.

- Remove the achievement and replace it with artifracture-style achievements.

- Make the scoring cumulative/have a higher cumulative option

- Fix the speed bug and increase points per match
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
support, i think hard game achievements are fine, but having a successful run take almost an hour means so many failed attempts will be 30 mins+, and that seems a bit excessive
support, i think hard game achievements are fine, but having a successful run take almost an hour means so many failed attempts will be 30 mins+, and that seems a bit excessive
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
support! i've been able to get to 500k a few times, and it consistently takes around 20-30 minutes depending on difficulty level, as well as a good amount of competency at the game. I think it's nice to have some sort of achievement with scaling difficulty for shock switch (on top of the 7 minute achievement), but from what I've seen on the forums and in discords, there are a significant amount of people that are struggling with this achievement, myself included!

I would likely not say anything about this if it was consistent with the difficulty of other skill-based fairgrounds achievements, but from my experience, it's notably more difficult than the other skill-based game achievements, and I think it could use some balancing!

Alternatively, if it is possible, other ways of tracking game progress other than the score in one game may be a nice option! Getting a certain amount of cumulative points, an additional play for x amount of time achievement, etc, could serve the same effect of scaling difficulty/effort required without making the achievement feel unobtainable for many people.
support! i've been able to get to 500k a few times, and it consistently takes around 20-30 minutes depending on difficulty level, as well as a good amount of competency at the game. I think it's nice to have some sort of achievement with scaling difficulty for shock switch (on top of the 7 minute achievement), but from what I've seen on the forums and in discords, there are a significant amount of people that are struggling with this achievement, myself included!

I would likely not say anything about this if it was consistent with the difficulty of other skill-based fairgrounds achievements, but from my experience, it's notably more difficult than the other skill-based game achievements, and I think it could use some balancing!

Alternatively, if it is possible, other ways of tracking game progress other than the score in one game may be a nice option! Getting a certain amount of cumulative points, an additional play for x amount of time achievement, etc, could serve the same effect of scaling difficulty/effort required without making the achievement feel unobtainable for many people.
Roach | they/it | FR+3
aroshi%20lyssa.png
Support, but not down to 500K. That's too easy.

750K would be fine.
Support, but not down to 500K. That's too easy.

750K would be fine.
Very much support. 40-60 minutes for shock switch? 7 minutes felt like 20, I have no idea how people are expected to sink so much time into playing a single round of a fairground game. The other games have much more reasonable, if somewhat difficult, goals.
Very much support. 40-60 minutes for shock switch? 7 minutes felt like 20, I have no idea how people are expected to sink so much time into playing a single round of a fairground game. The other games have much more reasonable, if somewhat difficult, goals.
The most beautiful moment of life
Support. I love shock switch, but it's just too much to ask of people to play one (1) game for an hour, get barely any payout for the time, and risk random connection losses ruining their achievement.
Support. I love shock switch, but it's just too much to ask of people to play one (1) game for an hour, get barely any payout for the time, and risk random connection losses ruining their achievement.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[quote name="Tserin" date="2023-06-09 17:07:22" ] Support. I love shock switch, but it's just too much to ask of people to play one (1) game for an hour, get barely any payout for the time, and risk random connection losses ruining their achievement. [/quote] agree. it might be worth if playing for that long would get you worthwhile treasure, but since all fairgrounds games except g&g have a terrible payout it just seems like a waste of time.
Tserin wrote on 2023-06-09 17:07:22:
agree. it might be worth if playing for that long would get you worthwhile treasure, but since all fairgrounds games except g&g have a terrible payout it just seems like a waste of time.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
this achievement is definitely in the realm of being unrealistic to achieve. it either needs to be lowered, or made into cumulative achievement. the amount of skill, dedication, time and luck this requires is just absurd.
this achievement is definitely in the realm of being unrealistic to achieve. it either needs to be lowered, or made into cumulative achievement. the amount of skill, dedication, time and luck this requires is just absurd.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
huge support, I'm dreading attempting it
huge support, I'm dreading attempting it
7ntZZGM.png
tNgQJvM.png
bYt72YT.png
reHWBXk.png
PRICTGJ.png
2VtxnMX.png
Check out the gayest dragon you'll ever see here
F8JsSEl.png
I took a swing at it on easy mode and got to around 750k points in around an hour and a half with no breaks. Now that is absolutely coming from somebody with pretty much zero experience in Shock Switch but I'd like to say I wasn't bad at it, I was pretty quick at connections, just not quick enough at the end there. I hope they change it, we got plenty of hard achievements already, but I won't be mad if they don't.
I took a swing at it on easy mode and got to around 750k points in around an hour and a half with no breaks. Now that is absolutely coming from somebody with pretty much zero experience in Shock Switch but I'd like to say I wasn't bad at it, I was pretty quick at connections, just not quick enough at the end there. I hope they change it, we got plenty of hard achievements already, but I won't be mad if they don't.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20