Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gem MP Cycling Schedule
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="@figura" date="2022-11-29 19:54:09" ] This is a great suggestion, and I really like how it has the items in question available for an entire month, rather than just week-long increments. @/Limanya, do you think there might be merit to giving items two yearly appearances (or 2 month-long appearances, alternatively) rather than just one month? I definitely prefer your approach to our current one by a long shot, but I'd love to see even slightly more availability than this—especially since, with this model, we'd potentially be waiting even longer than with the current "twice per year" model, should we end up missing our opportunity or otherwise take on a new project with bad timing! [/quote] yes, of course! this thread was made before the current sale and all of staff's communication that followed from that, so without the information of 1. there now being two cycling events in a year and 2. a timeframe for when (late november and mid-may). that's why it went with the somewhat more conservative estimate of admins still intending to cycle items in only once a year - but twice would definitely be a nicer option :)
@figura wrote on 2022-11-29 19:54:09:
This is a great suggestion, and I really like how it has the items in question available for an entire month, rather than just week-long increments.

@/Limanya, do you think there might be merit to giving items two yearly appearances (or 2 month-long appearances, alternatively) rather than just one month? I definitely prefer your approach to our current one by a long shot, but I'd love to see even slightly more availability than this—especially since, with this model, we'd potentially be waiting even longer than with the current "twice per year" model, should we end up missing our opportunity or otherwise take on a new project with bad timing!
yes, of course! this thread was made before the current sale and all of staff's communication that followed from that, so without the information of 1. there now being two cycling events in a year and 2. a timeframe for when (late november and mid-may). that's why it went with the somewhat more conservative estimate of admins still intending to cycle items in only once a year - but twice would definitely be a nicer option :)
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Support. I like the idea of things having a set month that they come in but would agree that it shouldn't be for the entire month in order for items to still maintain some of their rarity. It'll be easier for people to save when they know when and what to save for while still keeping things in cycled limited windows.
Support. I like the idea of things having a set month that they come in but would agree that it shouldn't be for the entire month in order for items to still maintain some of their rarity. It'll be easier for people to save when they know when and what to save for while still keeping things in cycled limited windows.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
[quote name="subconscious" date="2022-11-28 15:36:46" ] [quote name="Lykos" date="2022-11-28 15:27:31" ] [quote name="SpookyPuptarts" date="2022-11-28 13:27:27" ] It would be kind of nice if they framed it as a monthly sale from an antiques seller npc, or something. Then the cycle would be visible on site too. And the stuff could be seperate from the gem mp because looking for the cycling stuff right now is annoying And yeah they're absolutely cycling out popular stuff on purpose. Those are the most common older items I see, which means people are more likely to panic buy them [/quote] Fantastic idea to toss in the Grand Exchange with a schedule of when they’ll be back that’s [u]absolutely[/u] easy to find. Cycle dates shouldn’t be hidden in announcement threads. Not everyone reads those. [/quote] Especially with notes like that tucked away at the very end of said posts, making them easy to miss. Heck, I read the announcement posts and even I've needed to read twice to realize some important information was there. Some other information I've also only seen by checking the Dev Tracker, too. Putting stuff like that in the Grand Exchange would be fantastic for visibility! I can't imagine a name for the plot would be all that hard either. "[Name starting with A]'s Appealing Antiques" or something. [/quote] I like Appealing Antiques, perfect place to see which items are cycle exclusive!
subconscious wrote on 2022-11-28 15:36:46:
Lykos wrote on 2022-11-28 15:27:31:
SpookyPuptarts wrote on 2022-11-28 13:27:27:
It would be kind of nice if they framed it as a monthly sale from an antiques seller npc, or something. Then the cycle would be visible on site too. And the stuff could be seperate from the gem mp because looking for the cycling stuff right now is annoying

And yeah they're absolutely cycling out popular stuff on purpose. Those are the most common older items I see, which means people are more likely to panic buy them

Fantastic idea to toss in the Grand Exchange with a schedule of when they’ll be back that’s absolutely easy to find. Cycle dates shouldn’t be hidden in announcement threads. Not everyone reads those.

Especially with notes like that tucked away at the very end of said posts, making them easy to miss. Heck, I read the announcement posts and even I've needed to read twice to realize some important information was there. Some other information I've also only seen by checking the Dev Tracker, too.

Putting stuff like that in the Grand Exchange would be fantastic for visibility! I can't imagine a name for the plot would be all that hard either. "[Name starting with A]'s Appealing Antiques" or something.
I like Appealing Antiques, perfect place to see which items are cycle exclusive!
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
Even if I supported nothing else in this thread, I support having a cycle listed clearly. We now have it twice a year, but it still suffers from the issue of "people may not know this is happening". Especially newbies who joined recently or even mid wait for the current cycle schedules to begin.

Hell I wasn't even aware the cycle existed really to begin with when I came back onto the site and I now try to be a living encyclopedia about this site. So I was really confused when I couldn't find the Ornate Battle Armor after checking the Gem MP for a month to make a fandragon project complete.

I personally feel like the Grand Exchange would be an easy spot to put it (even if it's just for the WC cycles)- maybe have a Wildclaw NPC to emphasize the fact that it's the time where the big prize of Wildclaw scrolls can be bought?

If you wanna tie that Grand Exchange idea to Cyber Monday/Mother's Day (which is the week the new cycle is happening in) to truly make it crystal clear when it's happening, make it two separate NPCs that run the same shop (they could potentially share the same name to avoid changing the theoretical shop's own.) One could a Lightning WC that's a cyborg or obsessed with electronics, the other maybe a Fire WC with tiny WCs like Swipp's two kids. The second one is totally not a reference to how the Flamecaller is called Mather by Fire flight.

...oops this was one hell of a tangent. Regardless, support all the way~
Even if I supported nothing else in this thread, I support having a cycle listed clearly. We now have it twice a year, but it still suffers from the issue of "people may not know this is happening". Especially newbies who joined recently or even mid wait for the current cycle schedules to begin.

Hell I wasn't even aware the cycle existed really to begin with when I came back onto the site and I now try to be a living encyclopedia about this site. So I was really confused when I couldn't find the Ornate Battle Armor after checking the Gem MP for a month to make a fandragon project complete.

I personally feel like the Grand Exchange would be an easy spot to put it (even if it's just for the WC cycles)- maybe have a Wildclaw NPC to emphasize the fact that it's the time where the big prize of Wildclaw scrolls can be bought?

If you wanna tie that Grand Exchange idea to Cyber Monday/Mother's Day (which is the week the new cycle is happening in) to truly make it crystal clear when it's happening, make it two separate NPCs that run the same shop (they could potentially share the same name to avoid changing the theoretical shop's own.) One could a Lightning WC that's a cyborg or obsessed with electronics, the other maybe a Fire WC with tiny WCs like Swipp's two kids. The second one is totally not a reference to how the Flamecaller is called Mather by Fire flight.

...oops this was one hell of a tangent. Regardless, support all the way~
x72ysXo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6