Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | tomo is kindof rediculous
1 2 3
no support. it gives her character, I see zero problem with that. I barely read it anyway.
no support. it gives her character, I see zero problem with that. I barely read it anyway.
My Lair
the purpose of tomo is not to be realistic and immersive quiz where player is asked obscure trivial information. the purpose of tomo is to teach players how to seek information relevant to the game, and teach players in general information about the game, while giving a way to earn little extra cash.

in addition there is nothing "dumb" about forgetting common knowledge (which as someone with memory issues i honestly find very insulting. there is nothing weird or stupid about it), let alone information that is common knowledge from player's perspective.

just like very few humans can pull out of their hat information about human genetics beyond very simplified basics or information about cultural practices of other cultures they are not personally part of, there is nothing unreasonable about character living in the game's setting not remembering which gene in a list affects on appearance of wings, or what flight is associated with tricksters.
the purpose of tomo is not to be realistic and immersive quiz where player is asked obscure trivial information. the purpose of tomo is to teach players how to seek information relevant to the game, and teach players in general information about the game, while giving a way to earn little extra cash.

in addition there is nothing "dumb" about forgetting common knowledge (which as someone with memory issues i honestly find very insulting. there is nothing weird or stupid about it), let alone information that is common knowledge from player's perspective.

just like very few humans can pull out of their hat information about human genetics beyond very simplified basics or information about cultural practices of other cultures they are not personally part of, there is nothing unreasonable about character living in the game's setting not remembering which gene in a list affects on appearance of wings, or what flight is associated with tricksters.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
I’m with the no support, though maybe she could be programmed to not ask the same question more than once a day to the same player? I don’t mind when she does, though, other than feeling a little concerned for her :P
I’m with the no support, though maybe she could be programmed to not ask the same question more than once a day to the same player? I don’t mind when she does, though, other than feeling a little concerned for her :P
Bad eyesight/poor memory being made into a comic relief thing are fairly insensitive tropes, so I support a change if Tomo is making people feel attacked/uncomfortable. Otherwise, I also never read her dialogue, so it's not a huge issue unless she's offensive to folks that suffer short-term memory loss.
Bad eyesight/poor memory being made into a comic relief thing are fairly insensitive tropes, so I support a change if Tomo is making people feel attacked/uncomfortable. Otherwise, I also never read her dialogue, so it's not a huge issue unless she's offensive to folks that suffer short-term memory loss.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
No support, I find Tomo very charming. I also don't think the point of her character is that she has a poor memory, it's that she knows so much that she has trouble recalling details unprompted, which is pretty relatable to me as an autistic and ADHD person.
No support, I find Tomo very charming. I also don't think the point of her character is that she has a poor memory, it's that she knows so much that she has trouble recalling details unprompted, which is pretty relatable to me as an autistic and ADHD person.
!! signature under construction !!
No support, this is pretty insulting to people with memory issues lol
No support, this is pretty insulting to people with memory issues lol
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
No support - Snappers never forget anything which means that filtering through information must take her forever. Asking for her name when she probably knows the names of hundreds of thousands of dragons, everyone that ever introduced themselves to her, I wager half the time she introduced herself as Scribbles as it's the name she says most often and is therefore in the forefront of her mind.

Also, it's a harmless bit of fun.
No support - Snappers never forget anything which means that filtering through information must take her forever. Asking for her name when she probably knows the names of hundreds of thousands of dragons, everyone that ever introduced themselves to her, I wager half the time she introduced herself as Scribbles as it's the name she says most often and is therefore in the forefront of her mind.

Also, it's a harmless bit of fun.
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2022-05-18 08:23:39" ] Bad eyesight/poor memory being made into a comic relief thing are fairly insensitive tropes, so I support a change if Tomo is making people feel attacked/uncomfortable. Otherwise, I also never read her dialogue, so it's not a huge issue unless she's offensive to folks that suffer short-term memory loss. [/quote] just want to jump on this specifically - i'm just one of surely many players on the site with memory issues, specifically i suffer from dissociative amnesia + memory issues due to neurological conditions. and i'm okay with Tomo! it's a bit of a laugh for me, because yeah, i'm totally like her sometimes. she's also just a fictional character in a game with a specific game mechanic function, and i dont mind :} i haven't seen much dislike for Tomo within my own circles either, but of course that's only a small slice of things. not attacking OP at all, i just wanted to give perspective as a person who is "affected", and someone else with my condition(s) may feel different! sorry to add to the pile </3
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2022-05-18 08:23:39:

just want to jump on this specifically - i'm just one of surely many players on the site with memory issues, specifically i suffer from dissociative amnesia + memory issues due to neurological conditions. and i'm okay with Tomo! it's a bit of a laugh for me, because yeah, i'm totally like her sometimes. she's also just a fictional character in a game with a specific game mechanic function, and i dont mind :} i haven't seen much dislike for Tomo within my own circles either, but of course that's only a small slice of things.

not attacking OP at all, i just wanted to give perspective as a person who is "affected", and someone else with my condition(s) may feel different! sorry to add to the pile </3
z6T37Eh.png
DaaGADQ.png
bgYKZct.png
bYt72YT.png
rUoKR6y.png
-
Ouro : 24 : They/Xey/She
Lightning Dom Coordinator
I love pings! I don't bite~
- reactorfour_kalashnikov.pngreactorfour_ted2.png
Regardless of being potentially insensitive to people with memory issues (I don't really qualify for that category so I'm not going to touch on it), I think it would be kind of silly to take away the trait that makes this character special. I mean, is she just a regular Snapper now? I think taking that away would make her less remarkable than the Scrying Workshop Imp. Besides, if we instead replace her with a massive complex character without the memory loss instead, you have to remember that this is a game that many children 13+ play as well, so keeping things simple is most optimal in terms of storytelling.

I also think it's a bit silly to want to change a character because you feel bad for them. I mean, the best characters are the ones with flaws after all? I don't know if that's what OP was actually implying but that's what I picked up.
Regardless of being potentially insensitive to people with memory issues (I don't really qualify for that category so I'm not going to touch on it), I think it would be kind of silly to take away the trait that makes this character special. I mean, is she just a regular Snapper now? I think taking that away would make her less remarkable than the Scrying Workshop Imp. Besides, if we instead replace her with a massive complex character without the memory loss instead, you have to remember that this is a game that many children 13+ play as well, so keeping things simple is most optimal in terms of storytelling.

I also think it's a bit silly to want to change a character because you feel bad for them. I mean, the best characters are the ones with flaws after all? I don't know if that's what OP was actually implying but that's what I picked up.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I forgot the password to my main email account a couple of weeks ago. It just disappeared from my memory for a few days.

Then something brought it back to me, and I thought, "How could I ever have forgotten that?!" But I did.

So I feel positive toward Tomo's forgetfulness. I don't consider myself old (people my kids' age may disagree...), but sometimes the weirdest things just refuse to surface for a while. She is obviously my sister. :D
I forgot the password to my main email account a couple of weeks ago. It just disappeared from my memory for a few days.

Then something brought it back to me, and I thought, "How could I ever have forgotten that?!" But I did.

So I feel positive toward Tomo's forgetfulness. I don't consider myself old (people my kids' age may disagree...), but sometimes the weirdest things just refuse to surface for a while. She is obviously my sister. :D
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
1 2 3