Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | tomo is kindof rediculous
1 2 3
like, i love her, but the poor snapper literally forgets her own name several times a day, and VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten? i know its a joke but its just like, insultingly silly at this point lol... maybe turn her into an actual trivia corner?? instead of like, idk, having literally no memory at all for no reason?
like, i love her, but the poor snapper literally forgets her own name several times a day, and VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten? i know its a joke but its just like, insultingly silly at this point lol... maybe turn her into an actual trivia corner?? instead of like, idk, having literally no memory at all for no reason?
FREE PALESTINE, SUDAN, AND CONGO NOW!!
no support. there's really no reason to change this? if you dislike her text blurbs, just don't read them and treat it as JUST a trivia corner.
not to mention, plenty of people irl have memory problems. tomo might be exaggerated for the sake of the blurbs but it's not dumb to forget something simple. i'd rather she have this character trait than have an impeccable memory.
no support. there's really no reason to change this? if you dislike her text blurbs, just don't read them and treat it as JUST a trivia corner.
not to mention, plenty of people irl have memory problems. tomo might be exaggerated for the sake of the blurbs but it's not dumb to forget something simple. i'd rather she have this character trait than have an impeccable memory.
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
I actually tend to forget the most ridiculous and trivial details. Not as bad as Tomo, but still similar. It bothers me but I don't see the NPC as "insultingly silly". I like her and really don't see why this is so bothersome for you. She could be a bookkeeper or something that needs this information even if it is trivial to others. I always assumed that's what she does because it makes sense. I like that they have an in-lore reason for a trivia area that isn't just a trivial corner.

If you want to treat it as a trivia corner, then treat it as such. I don't understand why the lore needs to be changed just for it to be seen as a trivia corner?
I actually tend to forget the most ridiculous and trivial details. Not as bad as Tomo, but still similar. It bothers me but I don't see the NPC as "insultingly silly". I like her and really don't see why this is so bothersome for you. She could be a bookkeeper or something that needs this information even if it is trivial to others. I always assumed that's what she does because it makes sense. I like that they have an in-lore reason for a trivia area that isn't just a trivial corner.

If you want to treat it as a trivia corner, then treat it as such. I don't understand why the lore needs to be changed just for it to be seen as a trivia corner?
It IS a trivia corner. You don’t even have to read anything other than the questions, I don’t.
It IS a trivia corner. You don’t even have to read anything other than the questions, I don’t.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
Honestly, as someone with a memory like a sieve, sometimes it IS the basic information I forget, while I can remember the plot of a book I haven't read since 1995.

Sometimes I am surprised by what exactly I DO remember and what exactly I forget.

Yeah, it might be a bit more engaging if Tomo had more questions, as then it wouldn't necessarily be as if she is constantly forgetting the exact same things all the time, but ultimately, she is meant as a way for players to get a little bit of treasure for learning facts of the game.
Honestly, as someone with a memory like a sieve, sometimes it IS the basic information I forget, while I can remember the plot of a book I haven't read since 1995.

Sometimes I am surprised by what exactly I DO remember and what exactly I forget.

Yeah, it might be a bit more engaging if Tomo had more questions, as then it wouldn't necessarily be as if she is constantly forgetting the exact same things all the time, but ultimately, she is meant as a way for players to get a little bit of treasure for learning facts of the game.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Bestie I sometimes forget my own age, and yesterday I forgot how to format 17? Like i genuinely got confused between writing 17 or 71. Forgetting basic info is a normal thing, and IMO it gives tomo a lot of good character :] no support for changing her
Bestie I sometimes forget my own age, and yesterday I forgot how to format 17? Like i genuinely got confused between writing 17 or 71. Forgetting basic info is a normal thing, and IMO it gives tomo a lot of good character :] no support for changing her
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
No support. I see nothing wrong with how she works and is right now, just don't read the texts if it's so annoying? It's a Trivia Corner with added flavor of character in between things, it's not like Her forgetfulness is fisted down your throat? [quote name="frillious" date="2022-05-15 09:50:17" ] forgets her own name several times a day, and VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten? [/quote] I do this daily too. Might seem trivial to you but there are actually a lot of people like me who exist and do forget everything.
No support.

I see nothing wrong with how she works and is right now, just don't read the texts if it's so annoying? It's a Trivia Corner with added flavor of character in between things, it's not like Her forgetfulness is fisted down your throat?

frillious wrote on 2022-05-15 09:50:17:
forgets her own name several times a day, and VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten?

I do this daily too. Might seem trivial to you but there are actually a lot of people like me who exist and do forget everything.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
Just don't read her text? There is no reason to change established site lore just because a handful of people don't like it. And, speaking as someone who does have memory issues, plenty of people forget things that might seem silly to someone with a good memory. Are we ridiculous? Is it insultingly silly that we don't remember everything?
Just don't read her text? There is no reason to change established site lore just because a handful of people don't like it. And, speaking as someone who does have memory issues, plenty of people forget things that might seem silly to someone with a good memory. Are we ridiculous? Is it insultingly silly that we don't remember everything?
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Tomo's memory, or lack thereof, is one of those details that're glossed over for the sake of gameplay. I'm not 100% on how to put it, but if details of this game were true to how it may work in real life, this game would not flow as great for the player (for example, if the Training Fields were such a popular grinding spot, why haven't all the monsters disappeared by now? Or why does Crim look for Battle Stones if we've never seen her fight?) [quote]VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten?[/quote] This bit also feels like it doesn't acknowledge that Tomo, as a feature, is used by both new and old players alike. Some of the basic things that an older play may know about the site may not be so familiar to someone who started recently. All-in-all, no support. Making Tomo into an actual trivia corner neither improves or un-improves the quality of the site, but making the effort to actually put that change into affect doesn't seem worth it.
Tomo's memory, or lack thereof, is one of those details that're glossed over for the sake of gameplay. I'm not 100% on how to put it, but if details of this game were true to how it may work in real life, this game would not flow as great for the player (for example, if the Training Fields were such a popular grinding spot, why haven't all the monsters disappeared by now? Or why does Crim look for Battle Stones if we've never seen her fight?)
Quote:
VERY basic information that just seems dumb to be forgotten?

This bit also feels like it doesn't acknowledge that Tomo, as a feature, is used by both new and old players alike. Some of the basic things that an older play may know about the site may not be so familiar to someone who started recently.

All-in-all, no support. Making Tomo into an actual trivia corner neither improves or un-improves the quality of the site, but making the effort to actually put that change into affect doesn't seem worth it.
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
no support. it's a simple treasure generator, there doesn't need to be some grand overarching reason for it all. seems to be kind of a small thing to be mad over.
no support. it's a simple treasure generator, there doesn't need to be some grand overarching reason for it all. seems to be kind of a small thing to be mad over.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
1 2 3