Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Shock Switch Brown Tile?
1 2
Hello! New to the forums, but I hope you'll hear me out a bit haha.

In shock switch when the 6th block type is added, the color is a brown that's close enough to the yellow to make the two hard to tell apart for some people with visual perception or sensory processing issues related to color.

I think a good solution would be to change the color to purple, pink, or orange! Or to make the existing brown more saturated so the color can be picked out more easily.

While I LOVE the game, I personally have to play on normal because I have trouble distinguishing the brown from the yellow, and the speeds seem much too slow since difficulty-wise, I'd rather be playing on hard.

I'm not sure how many people have this issue, but I wanted to point it out, since it would likely help a few at least.
Hello! New to the forums, but I hope you'll hear me out a bit haha.

In shock switch when the 6th block type is added, the color is a brown that's close enough to the yellow to make the two hard to tell apart for some people with visual perception or sensory processing issues related to color.

I think a good solution would be to change the color to purple, pink, or orange! Or to make the existing brown more saturated so the color can be picked out more easily.

While I LOVE the game, I personally have to play on normal because I have trouble distinguishing the brown from the yellow, and the speeds seem much too slow since difficulty-wise, I'd rather be playing on hard.

I'm not sure how many people have this issue, but I wanted to point it out, since it would likely help a few at least.
Pane de Pon is the greatest puzzle game, so is Shock Switch, so I think I'll pop in here. I personally don't suffer from any color blindness, though I found a site that helped simulate some effects. Normally, all the colors are very easy to recognize. The red blocks might actually be more of an issue to compare to brown rather than yellow though with most color blindness (simulated). I can't tell how much making brown be instead pink would benefit though.

There's technically already a thing in place to better tell the blocks apart even with color blindness; each color has its own shape. Red has a circle, yellow has a triangle, dark blue is a diamond, and brown is a larger circle with a dot like a target. It's still similar to red though, so if anything one of the shapes could be made different.

Overall, I personally don't see the reason why there should be a color change. I'd like input from other people though to see how they feel.
Pane de Pon is the greatest puzzle game, so is Shock Switch, so I think I'll pop in here. I personally don't suffer from any color blindness, though I found a site that helped simulate some effects. Normally, all the colors are very easy to recognize. The red blocks might actually be more of an issue to compare to brown rather than yellow though with most color blindness (simulated). I can't tell how much making brown be instead pink would benefit though.

There's technically already a thing in place to better tell the blocks apart even with color blindness; each color has its own shape. Red has a circle, yellow has a triangle, dark blue is a diamond, and brown is a larger circle with a dot like a target. It's still similar to red though, so if anything one of the shapes could be made different.

Overall, I personally don't see the reason why there should be a color change. I'd like input from other people though to see how they feel.
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/760585089574371398/969114894014238730/unknown.png?width=564&height=422[/img] Here's what the game would look to Deuteranopia color blindness (according to the Colbis simulator I found). Should probably toss it here while I'm at it so we know what we're talking about.
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/760585089574371398/969114894014238730/unknown.png?width=564&height=422[/img]

Here's what the game would look to Deuteranopia color blindness (according to the Colbis simulator I found). Should probably toss it here while I'm at it so we know what we're talking about.
Support. I'm not colour blind myself, but I took a screenshot from the highest difficulty, and ran it through some Photoshop proof colouring and... yeah, it's pretty bad. [img]https://i.imgur.com/cQDHPC6.png[/img] There ARE different shapes on each tile, but they're so small that I imagine it'd be incredibly difficult to play on higher difficulties just by going by the shapes.
Support.

I'm not colour blind myself, but I took a screenshot from the highest difficulty, and ran it through some Photoshop proof colouring and... yeah, it's pretty bad.

cQDHPC6.png

There ARE different shapes on each tile, but they're so small that I imagine it'd be incredibly difficult to play on higher difficulties just by going by the shapes.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
I'd definitely support a change, if just to change the shapes because honestly, looking at the picture above, red and brown have way too similar shapes for it to help at all when color isn't useful.
I'd definitely support a change, if just to change the shapes because honestly, looking at the picture above, red and brown have way too similar shapes for it to help at all when color isn't useful.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
[quote name="Niomedes" date="2022-04-27 22:59:39" ] Support. I'm not colour blind myself, but I took a screenshot from the highest difficulty, and ran it through some Photoshop proof colouring and... yeah, it's pretty bad. [img]https://i.imgur.com/cQDHPC6.png[/img] There ARE different shapes on each tile, but they're so small that I imagine it'd be incredibly difficult to play on higher difficulties just by going by the shapes. [/quote] While fewer, there are also major issues for those with Tritanopia.
Niomedes wrote on 2022-04-27 22:59:39:
Support.

I'm not colour blind myself, but I took a screenshot from the highest difficulty, and ran it through some Photoshop proof colouring and... yeah, it's pretty bad.

cQDHPC6.png

There ARE different shapes on each tile, but they're so small that I imagine it'd be incredibly difficult to play on higher difficulties just by going by the shapes.

While fewer, there are also major issues for those with Tritanopia.
Obviously I know the squares are different colors, but that recolor to demonstrate the issues for colorblindness made me realize I match by the shapes in addition. Perhaps if they were more obvious?
Obviously I know the squares are different colors, but that recolor to demonstrate the issues for colorblindness made me realize I match by the shapes in addition. Perhaps if they were more obvious?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Ouch, those examples are pretty rough. Support, I don't have any vision problems but if I did I think I'd have a lot of trouble. The shapes are very small and would be hard to rely on, especially considering how fast the game can get.
Ouch, those examples are pretty rough. Support, I don't have any vision problems but if I did I think I'd have a lot of trouble. The shapes are very small and would be hard to rely on, especially considering how fast the game can get.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Support!
I don't have vision problems, but more obvious colour differences are always better for fast games imo
Support!
I don't have vision problems, but more obvious colour differences are always better for fast games imo
31ATXvY.pngHZC1mtN.png
aWTpIPX.pngKFjkQAF.pngGSJsger.pngkyT7Rct.pngNmYRQ1R.png
Thinking about it again, various color blindnesses will probably make different pairs of colors harder to detect. Tweaking the shapes will probably be better of a solution than replacing a color. Either increase the sizes, or replace with the symbols of the Flights (which could also lead to a color overhaul to fit each Flight). I'd support the Flight symbol option, since the other games also use Flight symbols and they're all easily recognizable as a colorblind-friendly addition.
Thinking about it again, various color blindnesses will probably make different pairs of colors harder to detect. Tweaking the shapes will probably be better of a solution than replacing a color. Either increase the sizes, or replace with the symbols of the Flights (which could also lead to a color overhaul to fit each Flight). I'd support the Flight symbol option, since the other games also use Flight symbols and they're all easily recognizable as a colorblind-friendly addition.
1 2