Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Abandon Nest
1 2 3 4
this idea surfaces every once in a while, and once again im going to promote it.

please, fr, give us the option to abandon a nest. i accidentally bred a dragon i never wanted to breed (i'm an extremely picky person) and i never favorite dragons that have children because it looks aesthetically unpleasing and im stupidly picky.

you need to allow those dragons to restart their cooldown though, so people dont abuse the idea so they can get certain eggs numbers and cheat rng.

it's such a simple idea, and im sure im not the only person who suggest something like this/had a similar experience.
this idea surfaces every once in a while, and once again im going to promote it.

please, fr, give us the option to abandon a nest. i accidentally bred a dragon i never wanted to breed (i'm an extremely picky person) and i never favorite dragons that have children because it looks aesthetically unpleasing and im stupidly picky.

you need to allow those dragons to restart their cooldown though, so people dont abuse the idea so they can get certain eggs numbers and cheat rng.

it's such a simple idea, and im sure im not the only person who suggest something like this/had a similar experience.
When someone who requested a hatchling from me ghosted, I wanted to abandon the nest but I couldn't. :( I support.
When someone who requested a hatchling from me ghosted, I wanted to abandon the nest but I couldn't. :( I support.
Always support. Their reasoning for not having it doesn't make sense.
Always support. Their reasoning for not having it doesn't make sense.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I will always support this.
I will always support this.
Support.

I think it's not only a rational feature to add into the game, but an easily non-cheatable one as well. **Having the abandoning parents be consequenced with some sort of extended cooldown (say x2) solves the "people trying to manipulate rng for full nests" problem.

I wouldn't see it being an overly used feature either, but more a recovery/damage control one like how you can recover an exalted dragon or hoard sold item via the self support queue (albeit at the expense of losing the ability to do so again for quite a while).

**Edit: After re-reading the thread, I agree with other folks that the normal breeding cooldown would be consequence enough to discourage any sort of abuse of the feature should it be added.
Support.

I think it's not only a rational feature to add into the game, but an easily non-cheatable one as well. **Having the abandoning parents be consequenced with some sort of extended cooldown (say x2) solves the "people trying to manipulate rng for full nests" problem.

I wouldn't see it being an overly used feature either, but more a recovery/damage control one like how you can recover an exalted dragon or hoard sold item via the self support queue (albeit at the expense of losing the ability to do so again for quite a while).

**Edit: After re-reading the thread, I agree with other folks that the normal breeding cooldown would be consequence enough to discourage any sort of abuse of the feature should it be added.
russell_litholab.png He/they | FR+2 | I use tone indicators!
Plague Push Hub
Abiding Vanguard
Nest Rentals
2021-08-11_LithoLab.png
Always support this, with caveats to make it more of an option of last resort, rather than a feature of convenience that could be exploited. Parent dragons' cooldowns should stay on, and no money/dom points are earned for a nest.
Always support this, with caveats to make it more of an option of last resort, rather than a feature of convenience that could be exploited. Parent dragons' cooldowns should stay on, and no money/dom points are earned for a nest.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Support!

So many people accidentally nest their dragons that they don’t mean to breed. As OP said, the cooldown should stay to prevent exploitation of the system.

I’d also love this in tandem with a way to lock certain dragons out of breeding.
Support!

So many people accidentally nest their dragons that they don’t mean to breed. As OP said, the cooldown should stay to prevent exploitation of the system.

I’d also love this in tandem with a way to lock certain dragons out of breeding.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I’d say support, and if needed, put a longer breeding cool down to compensate. Seen so many people say they’ve made a mistake breeding a nest.
I’d say support, and if needed, put a longer breeding cool down to compensate. Seen so many people say they’ve made a mistake breeding a nest.

wes | 28 | fr +3
iuEBSJ3.png
QRVupBA.png
ePOliyb.png

tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
Huge support. Not only is this great for if someone regrets breeding two dragons, it's also brilliant for if someone needs a specific number of hatchlings for lore purposes (I've personally been put off breeding dragons plenty of times because I want a specific number of kids only.) It's easily balanced by resetting the cooldown, and I don't think it would need any further balance us it doesn't add any extra currency into circulation at all, in fact it removes a revenue source. It could also work with coding, as we know from egg rot that it's perfectly possible to remove eggs before they hatch.
Huge support. Not only is this great for if someone regrets breeding two dragons, it's also brilliant for if someone needs a specific number of hatchlings for lore purposes (I've personally been put off breeding dragons plenty of times because I want a specific number of kids only.) It's easily balanced by resetting the cooldown, and I don't think it would need any further balance us it doesn't add any extra currency into circulation at all, in fact it removes a revenue source. It could also work with coding, as we know from egg rot that it's perfectly possible to remove eggs before they hatch.
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
Support!

I don't think abandoning the nest should have any longer cooldowns or limitations to compensate. You "lose" eggs and your dragons stay on their breeding cooldown, there is nothing to gain from that.
Support!

I don't think abandoning the nest should have any longer cooldowns or limitations to compensate. You "lose" eggs and your dragons stay on their breeding cooldown, there is nothing to gain from that.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4