Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 ... 276 277
[quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2022-11-22 13:00:42" ] Coral, an Undertide tertiary gene that makes branches of coral sprout all over the undertide dragon's body. Two especially large branches of coral make a pair of horns on the dragon's head. [/quote] yaaassss
LuckyKitty wrote on 2022-11-22 13:00:42:
Coral, an Undertide tertiary gene that makes branches of coral sprout all over the undertide dragon's body. Two especially large branches of coral make a pair of horns on the dragon's head.
yaaassss
She/her FR+3
PWYW Art shop
Free lore
Wishlist keeper & profile dragon
Codes

Coraline-1-1-1-1.png
Siva-s-skin-s-button.png tumblr_no59vxOK931u07azbo4_100.png
[quote name="Dis0rderly" date="2022-11-23 09:11:52" ] New Tert: Bubble Also Fans and Angler for UT: [img]https://i.ibb.co/x2hDhSv/ut-ex.png[/img] [/quote] [quote name="LuckyKitty" date="2022-11-22 13:00:42" ] Coral, an Undertide tertiary gene that makes branches of coral sprout all over the undertide dragon's body. Two especially large branches of coral make a pair of horns on the dragon's head. [/quote] [quote name="SCB" date="2022-11-23 09:41:50" ] Taken from here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3186587 [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8718a6cabf3e5ab02f6ca71c8fbf83eb/720fb271c5475269-ce/s1280x1920/248053daa0d3f5227737c61b835a8bec2cab0c7e.jpg[/img] Since we have checkers and chess, I propose tertiary "plaid". It puts crisscross plaid lines all over the dragon. I quickly threw this together. Ivory plaid over berry checkers/chess. [img]https://i.postimg.cc/HnW3HnpJ/ivory-plaid.jpg[/img] [/quote] [emoji=wildclaw love size=1]
Dis0rderly wrote on 2022-11-23 09:11:52:
New Tert: Bubble
Also Fans and Angler for UT:
ut-ex.png
LuckyKitty wrote on 2022-11-22 13:00:42:
Coral, an Undertide tertiary gene that makes branches of coral sprout all over the undertide dragon's body. Two especially large branches of coral make a pair of horns on the dragon's head.
SCB wrote on 2022-11-23 09:41:50:
Taken from here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3186587

248053daa0d3f5227737c61b835a8bec2cab0c7e.jpg

Since we have checkers and chess, I propose tertiary "plaid". It puts crisscross plaid lines all over the dragon.

I quickly threw this together. Ivory plaid over berry checkers/chess.

ivory-plaid.jpg
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
ok i cant draw but a tert for undertides called barnacle thats basically a bunch of barnacles on them and its dug up in deepsea dive
ok i cant draw but a tert for undertides called barnacle thats basically a bunch of barnacles on them and its dug up in deepsea dive
Underbelly for Aberrations. Please, please, please! Not sure why underbelly isn't a starter gene for all Ancients tbh.
Underbelly for Aberrations. Please, please, please! Not sure why underbelly isn't a starter gene for all Ancients tbh.
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
Tertiary Gene: Powder Like a light little dusting of powder on a donut .u. [img]https://www.starfrit.com/media/contentmanager/content/cache/1070x1070/recipes/recipes800x600_beignes.jpg[/img]
Tertiary Gene: Powder

Like a light little dusting of powder on a donut .u.

recipes800x600_beignes.jpg
VothniI.png
I propose… “Pawns” to go with the chess/checkers UT genes~ We could like, use those chess pieces we always get from gathering and familiar boxes, and brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron. I need a fun reason to use these genes~ ^_^
I propose… “Pawns” to go with the chess/checkers UT genes~ We could like, use those chess pieces we always get from gathering and familiar boxes, and brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron. I need a fun reason to use these genes~ ^_^
6wR17En.png
Braids for veilspun, but make them a little fancy with a bit of sparkle or little baubles. Gaolers need rugged braids, veils need 90s dream braids.
Braids for veilspun, but make them a little fancy with a bit of sparkle or little baubles. Gaolers need rugged braids, veils need 90s dream braids.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="ChakotayDgryphon" date="2022-12-09 16:41:16" ] I propose… “Pawns” to go with the chess/checkers UT genes~ We could like, use those chess pieces we always get from gathering and familiar boxes, and brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron. I need a fun reason to use these genes~ ^_^ [/quote] That’s nuts and I’m honestly into it. I assume they’d be chess pieces sitting on top of some of the squares on the other genes in a way that’s like, as though the dragon itself was the source of gravity keeping them down so they could stick out every which way. I’m seeing hecka neon vaporwave dragons coming from this ;) And obviously red/white/black color schemes as well! Escher paintings too! One thing to question is, will the chess pieces be one color or two? Black and white for Orca would be SUPER popular for this gene, I just know it! I might suggest the route of, some colors have one tone and some have two, because the option for two “players” on the board is important for the concept, but the option for one color is more versatile for aesthetics. And the other fun thing is, the chess pieces could have Sornieth-inspired shapes if we didn’t want only traditional chess shapes! Tiny dragon-shaped pieces and such! If so, I would still want some or most of the pieces to be recognizable chess pieces (pawns would work great), maybe it’s just the knights that are dragons or something ;) And the placement of some specific pieces could be very cool, like putting the king on top of the head or something! (Edit - the King could be more prominent on the male pose and the Queen could be more prominent on the female pose for example!) I think my disappointment in Kingdom Hearts’ squandered Wonderland potential is showing here :P But anyway this sort of gene screams Shadow Breed to me, though I would definitely want it for anything that has chess/checkers! I guess it’s also worth discussing, should the pieces be on both the body and the wings or just the body? The gene would be rather hard to make work with anything but a chess/checkers dragon, so if it was just on the body it might open up more workable looks to dragons who only have the primary (putting them only on the wings would just be silly I think, so I didn’t suggest it, haha). I can’t say I think Just Body or Body And Wings is better because both have merits, so I might refer back to the “gene variants” suggestion there ;P Though some other genes this tertiary could work with are the plainer ones, to make it look like pieces on a more maplike DnD-esque game board. Genes like Basic, Iri/shim, speckle/freckle, savannah/safari, paint/piebald, slime/sludge for your game board that’s nothing but gelatinous cubes ;) Such an unconventional and unexpectedly cool gene idea! I really like it!
ChakotayDgryphon wrote on 2022-12-09 16:41:16:
That’s nuts and I’m honestly into it. I assume they’d be chess pieces sitting on top of some of the squares on the other genes in a way that’s like, as though the dragon itself was the source of gravity keeping them down so they could stick out every which way.

I’m seeing hecka neon vaporwave dragons coming from this ;) And obviously red/white/black color schemes as well! Escher paintings too!

One thing to question is, will the chess pieces be one color or two? Black and white for Orca would be SUPER popular for this gene, I just know it! I might suggest the route of, some colors have one tone and some have two, because the option for two “players” on the board is important for the concept, but the option for one color is more versatile for aesthetics.

And the other fun thing is, the chess pieces could have Sornieth-inspired shapes if we didn’t want only traditional chess shapes! Tiny dragon-shaped pieces and such! If so, I would still want some or most of the pieces to be recognizable chess pieces (pawns would work great), maybe it’s just the knights that are dragons or something ;) And the placement of some specific pieces could be very cool, like putting the king on top of the head or something!
(Edit - the King could be more prominent on the male pose and the Queen could be more prominent on the female pose for example!)

I think my disappointment in Kingdom Hearts’ squandered Wonderland potential is showing here :P But anyway this sort of gene screams Shadow Breed to me, though I would definitely want it for anything that has chess/checkers!

I guess it’s also worth discussing, should the pieces be on both the body and the wings or just the body? The gene would be rather hard to make work with anything but a chess/checkers dragon, so if it was just on the body it might open up more workable looks to dragons who only have the primary (putting them only on the wings would just be silly I think, so I didn’t suggest it, haha). I can’t say I think Just Body or Body And Wings is better because both have merits, so I might refer back to the “gene variants” suggestion there ;P

Though some other genes this tertiary could work with are the plainer ones, to make it look like pieces on a more maplike DnD-esque game board. Genes like Basic, Iri/shim, speckle/freckle, savannah/safari, paint/piebald, slime/sludge for your game board that’s nothing but gelatinous cubes ;)

Such an unconventional and unexpectedly cool gene idea! I really like it!
[quote name="Churrell" date="2022-12-10 09:40:30" ] [quote name="ChakotayDgryphon" date="2022-12-09 16:41:16" ] I propose… “Pawns” to go with the chess/checkers UT genes~ We could like, use those chess pieces we always get from gathering and familiar boxes, and brew them in Baldwin’s cauldron. I need a fun reason to use these genes~ ^_^ [/quote] That’s nuts and I’m honestly into it. I assume they’d be chess pieces sitting on top of some of the squares on the other genes in a way that’s like, as though the dragon itself was the source of gravity keeping them down so they could stick out every which way. I’m seeing hecka neon vaporwave dragons coming from this ;) And obviously red/white/black color schemes as well! Escher paintings too! One thing to question is, will the chess pieces be one color or two? Black and white for Orca would be SUPER popular for this gene, I just know it! I might suggest the route of, some colors have one tone and some have two, because the option for two “players” on the board is important for the concept, but the option for one color is more versatile for aesthetics. And the other fun thing is, the chess pieces could have Sornieth-inspired shapes if we didn’t want only traditional chess shapes! Tiny dragon-shaped pieces and such! If so, I would still want some or most of the pieces to be recognizable chess pieces (pawns would work great), maybe it’s just the knights that are dragons or something ;) And the placement of some specific pieces could be very cool, like putting the king on top of the head or something! (Edit - the King could be more prominent on the male pose and the Queen could be more prominent on the female pose for example!) I think my disappointment in Kingdom Hearts’ squandered Wonderland potential is showing here :P But anyway this sort of gene screams Shadow Breed to me, though I would definitely want it for anything that has chess/checkers! I guess it’s also worth discussing, should the pieces be on both the body and the wings or just the body? The gene would be rather hard to make work with anything but a chess/checkers dragon, so if it was just on the body it might open up more workable looks to dragons who only have the primary (putting them only on the wings would just be silly I think, so I didn’t suggest it, haha). I can’t say I think Just Body or Body And Wings is better because both have merits, so I might refer back to the “gene variants” suggestion there ;P Though some other genes this tertiary could work with are the plainer ones, to make it look like pieces on a more maplike DnD-esque game board. Genes like Basic, Iri/shim, speckle/freckle, savannah/safari, paint/piebald, slime/sludge for your game board that’s nothing but gelatinous cubes ;) Such an unconventional and unexpectedly cool gene idea! I really like it! [/quote] Ooooh! I never thought of the two-tone thing. I was thinking maybe we could use the clawtips as part of the brew to change an "opponent" color. But that works too! I attempted a lazy mock-up... using some of your thoughts and some free-use clip art chess pieces. ^^; [img]https://i.imgur.com/YW3jFhI.png[/img] FR artists would probably do something nicer, like make them like spines or fans. Or maybe on a brush like runes. Either way... I [i]need[/i] them to be a thing~ lol
Churrell wrote on 2022-12-10 09:40:30:
ChakotayDgryphon wrote on 2022-12-09 16:41:16:
That’s nuts and I’m honestly into it. I assume they’d be chess pieces sitting on top of some of the squares on the other genes in a way that’s like, as though the dragon itself was the source of gravity keeping them down so they could stick out every which way.

I’m seeing hecka neon vaporwave dragons coming from this ;) And obviously red/white/black color schemes as well! Escher paintings too!

One thing to question is, will the chess pieces be one color or two? Black and white for Orca would be SUPER popular for this gene, I just know it! I might suggest the route of, some colors have one tone and some have two, because the option for two “players” on the board is important for the concept, but the option for one color is more versatile for aesthetics.

And the other fun thing is, the chess pieces could have Sornieth-inspired shapes if we didn’t want only traditional chess shapes! Tiny dragon-shaped pieces and such! If so, I would still want some or most of the pieces to be recognizable chess pieces (pawns would work great), maybe it’s just the knights that are dragons or something ;) And the placement of some specific pieces could be very cool, like putting the king on top of the head or something!
(Edit - the King could be more prominent on the male pose and the Queen could be more prominent on the female pose for example!)

I think my disappointment in Kingdom Hearts’ squandered Wonderland potential is showing here :P But anyway this sort of gene screams Shadow Breed to me, though I would definitely want it for anything that has chess/checkers!

I guess it’s also worth discussing, should the pieces be on both the body and the wings or just the body? The gene would be rather hard to make work with anything but a chess/checkers dragon, so if it was just on the body it might open up more workable looks to dragons who only have the primary (putting them only on the wings would just be silly I think, so I didn’t suggest it, haha). I can’t say I think Just Body or Body And Wings is better because both have merits, so I might refer back to the “gene variants” suggestion there ;P

Though some other genes this tertiary could work with are the plainer ones, to make it look like pieces on a more maplike DnD-esque game board. Genes like Basic, Iri/shim, speckle/freckle, savannah/safari, paint/piebald, slime/sludge for your game board that’s nothing but gelatinous cubes ;)

Such an unconventional and unexpectedly cool gene idea! I really like it!

Ooooh! I never thought of the two-tone thing. I was thinking maybe we could use the clawtips as part of the brew to change an "opponent" color. But that works too!

I attempted a lazy mock-up... using some of your thoughts and some free-use clip art chess pieces. ^^;
YW3jFhI.png

FR artists would probably do something nicer, like make them like spines or fans. Or maybe on a brush like runes. Either way... I need them to be a thing~ lol

6wR17En.png
I've thought before if there would be parallel item types for Warriors Way as its similar to NotN, but now they've got rid of the chest system for WW, I'm not sure it would happen (E.g a WW specific breed) However, I still believe in a WW tertiary like Smirch is for NotN Warpaint. Like on these guys [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/46537.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/46536.png[/img]
I've thought before if there would be parallel item types for Warriors Way as its similar to NotN, but now they've got rid of the chest system for WW, I'm not sure it would happen
(E.g a WW specific breed)

However, I still believe in a WW tertiary like Smirch is for NotN

Warpaint. Like on these guys
46537.png46536.png
104.png Wishlist
361.png Gene Plans
121.pngFR+8
progen-small.pngsignature-badge.jpg kashan-icon-small.pngbadge-Strange-Sisters-small.png
1 2 ... 241 242 243 244 245 ... 276 277