Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51
heck yes!! i love this, give me monsters to hunt! coli would be so much more exciting with a shakeup like this.

yea we have hibden goals, but it's so boring relying on the RNG of drops (and collecting ALL of the items to complete the task? ugh where's the partial turn-ins...)

this is just a simple idea to get people fighting in coli for a cause. because most reasons nowadays are just so worn out for experienced players...in my opinion.

heck yes!! i love this, give me monsters to hunt! coli would be so much more exciting with a shakeup like this.

yea we have hibden goals, but it's so boring relying on the RNG of drops (and collecting ALL of the items to complete the task? ugh where's the partial turn-ins...)

this is just a simple idea to get people fighting in coli for a cause. because most reasons nowadays are just so worn out for experienced players...in my opinion.

yzUX307.png
Huge support!!

I love the idea of providing coli goals, I think a lot of what stops people from getting into the coli is the fact that beyond grinding for items theres nothing to do. Honestly every aspect of this is so pleasing I love the idea of a new NPC and bounties sound so incredible because it's something to work for with a visible goal.

Also to anyone who is saying this isn't "fair" to people who can't use coli for whatever reason. That's blatantly untrue. You are not owed for every site mechanic to be perfectly catered to your use and every site mechanic is fully optional. The people who already don't use coli aren't going to be effected by a nice coli update, it's just something lovely for the people that do.

And yes quite frankly I think there should be unique rewards for it. Just like how you can brew unique items if you get your baldwin's cauldron a high enough level.
Huge support!!

I love the idea of providing coli goals, I think a lot of what stops people from getting into the coli is the fact that beyond grinding for items theres nothing to do. Honestly every aspect of this is so pleasing I love the idea of a new NPC and bounties sound so incredible because it's something to work for with a visible goal.

Also to anyone who is saying this isn't "fair" to people who can't use coli for whatever reason. That's blatantly untrue. You are not owed for every site mechanic to be perfectly catered to your use and every site mechanic is fully optional. The people who already don't use coli aren't going to be effected by a nice coli update, it's just something lovely for the people that do.

And yes quite frankly I think there should be unique rewards for it. Just like how you can brew unique items if you get your baldwin's cauldron a high enough level.
tXKbExw.png Please take a look at my HibDen for forum games! I store a lot of my dragons there cause I don't have space! Tabs I don't want used say so in tab description.
Support, support, support!

This would make Coli grinding a lot more engaging, like a Coli challenge built in to the site. From a lore perspective, I love this concept, it feels so natural. While I think this mechanic should be Coli-focused, I'd be up for some non-Coli missions as well [sort of like how Fiona's main use is bonding with her eight familiars, but there are also Fiona's Feats].

This would make Coli grinding a lot more engaging, like a Coli challenge built in to the site. From a lore perspective, I love this concept, it feels so natural. While I think this mechanic should be Coli-focused, I'd be up for some non-Coli missions as well [sort of like how Fiona's main use is bonding with her eight familiars, but there are also Fiona's Feats].
!! signature under construction !!
Yes!!!! Big support, this would help so much getting me into the coli and especially into higher level venues. The hibden only gives me so much motivation that does eventually burn out with often how stupidly hard it is to get specific drops every single time from one enemy who usually isn't there a lot.
Yes!!!! Big support, this would help so much getting me into the coli and especially into higher level venues. The hibden only gives me so much motivation that does eventually burn out with often how stupidly hard it is to get specific drops every single time from one enemy who usually isn't there a lot.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-07-20 22:36:33" ] Support, support, support! This would make Coli grinding a lot more engaging, like a Coli challenge built in to the site. From a lore perspective, I love this concept, it feels so natural. While I think this mechanic should be Coli-focused, I'd be up for some non-Coli missions as well [sort of like how Fiona's main use is bonding with her eight familiars, but there are also Fiona's Feats]. [/quote] i think a fiona-like system could work if it's aimed at guiding newbies through the coli process — one of my original ideas for a drop from the spoils was a clanbound xp-boosting item mostly meant for newer players still levelling their team (though i wasn't sure how to balance it to not affect the way people train fodder too much), and i feel like something like that would work very well for a task system instead. tasks could be things like completing bounties in certain venues for the first time, allocating stats and battlestones, defeating bosses for the first time etc. and giving out one-time rewards of spoils & items useful for newer coli users? and then maybe some of the unique drops from spoils - familiars, scene, vista, apparel, etc. could be guaranteed as a one-time reward from the furthest, milestone goals — things that take some time so people starting bounties with a full lv25 don't immediately get them; maybe things like "complete 250 bounties" or "complete 20 bounties in the forbidden portal". bounties themselves are still the main focus, and the tasks wouldn't really be updated beyond the initial list the way fiona's feats are (barring new venues being added), but tasks could definitely be helpful.
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-07-20 22:36:33:

i think a fiona-like system could work if it's aimed at guiding newbies through the coli process — one of my original ideas for a drop from the spoils was a clanbound xp-boosting item mostly meant for newer players still levelling their team (though i wasn't sure how to balance it to not affect the way people train fodder too much), and i feel like something like that would work very well for a task system instead.

tasks could be things like completing bounties in certain venues for the first time, allocating stats and battlestones, defeating bosses for the first time etc. and giving out one-time rewards of spoils & items useful for newer coli users?

and then maybe some of the unique drops from spoils - familiars, scene, vista, apparel, etc. could be guaranteed as a one-time reward from the furthest, milestone goals — things that take some time so people starting bounties with a full lv25 don't immediately get them; maybe things like "complete 250 bounties" or "complete 20 bounties in the forbidden portal". bounties themselves are still the main focus, and the tasks wouldn't really be updated beyond the initial list the way fiona's feats are (barring new venues being added), but tasks could definitely be helpful.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
[quote name="skarpetky" date="2021-07-20 14:20:57" ] this would be great ! especially cus it would allow us to have a motivation to grind in the smaller level venues, which you don't do much of at the time. I think you could go more weird and unique with the challenges too, like "defeat 1 monster from every single venue"(maybe could justify this lore wise as trying to find where the shade is hiding or something) "defeat a boss enemy using only scratch" "defeat any 5 ice enemies" stuff like that, i feel like it doesn't have to be limited to just enemy species :^) but that's just a suggestion [/quote] i think limiting it mostly to enemy species is good since i think having tasks be too different from each other might be confusing, but having a chance of getting a different bounty every once in a while — like ones focused on defeating bosses (defeat every boss, or defeat x of x boss) would be nice. could give special rewards, too, or just higher rewards than normal. during events like notn and festivals, you could also get special themed bounties given out rarely — like you said, you could have "defeat 60 lightning enemies" (maybe with a venue restriction? so that rewards can still be properly tiered) during thundercrack carnivale, which gives you bonus fest currency alongside the spoils you already get. or during notn, bounties for specific mimics or just "defeat x mimics in x venue", and it gives you a special spoils item that also gives notn coli drops including at least one or more guaranteed strange chest. those special bounties wouldn't be given all the time, but they'd be a nice surprise and help shake things up a little bit.
skarpetky wrote on 2021-07-20 14:20:57:
this would be great ! especially cus it would allow us to have a motivation to grind in the smaller level venues, which you don't do much of at the time.

I think you could go more weird and unique with the challenges too, like "defeat 1 monster from every single venue"(maybe could justify this lore wise as trying to find where the shade is hiding or something) "defeat a boss enemy using only scratch" "defeat any 5 ice enemies"

stuff like that, i feel like it doesn't have to be limited to just enemy species :^) but that's just a suggestion
i think limiting it mostly to enemy species is good since i think having tasks be too different from each other might be confusing, but having a chance of getting a different bounty every once in a while — like ones focused on defeating bosses (defeat every boss, or defeat x of x boss) would be nice. could give special rewards, too, or just higher rewards than normal.

during events like notn and festivals, you could also get special themed bounties given out rarely — like you said, you could have "defeat 60 lightning enemies" (maybe with a venue restriction? so that rewards can still be properly tiered) during thundercrack carnivale, which gives you bonus fest currency alongside the spoils you already get. or during notn, bounties for specific mimics or just "defeat x mimics in x venue", and it gives you a special spoils item that also gives notn coli drops including at least one or more guaranteed strange chest. those special bounties wouldn't be given all the time, but they'd be a nice surprise and help shake things up a little bit.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
i love this! i struggle with motivation in the coliseum and this system sounds really cool, especially the lore tie-in!
i love this! i struggle with motivation in the coliseum and this system sounds really cool, especially the lore tie-in!
huge support! coli grind need more benefits
huge support! coli grind need more benefits
Support!
Support!
48215809971_6c855f2e7d_o_d.png48215809956_5610c16e84_o_d.png48215854402_0f41afd59f_o_d.png48215854377_829266a48d_o_d.png48215809916_9fac1a86c3_o_d.png48215809906_dc3f0359ac_o_d.png
this sounds super cool!! as someone who does struggle with coli-ing without a clear goal I would love to see smth like this implemented in the site :DD ~ [emoji=clownfish size=1]
this sounds super cool!! as someone who does struggle with coli-ing without a clear goal I would love to see smth like this implemented in the site :DD ~
:)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51