Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
i really like this idea! i'd love to have something to do in the coli outside of just training fodder in mire. could also make it so you're offered a few, say 3, bounties to pick from, rather than or in addition to the reroll system?
i really like this idea! i'd love to have something to do in the coli outside of just training fodder in mire. could also make it so you're offered a few, say 3, bounties to pick from, rather than or in addition to the reroll system?
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
3J4E2hk.png
CioCFC3.png
6YousWl.png
Support! This is so cool, I'd love something that incentivized the coli outside of fodder or item grinding.
Support! This is so cool, I'd love something that incentivized the coli outside of fodder or item grinding.
[quote name="Mothmallow" date="2023-12-07 22:32:09" ] Support! You'd have to be careful about balancing it given that they would be infinite and not every can access/wants to do coli, but it would be a nice way to spice up the experience. [/quote] granted, i did suggest unique rewards as part of the spoils' loot pool, but the overall intent is that you don't earn more treasure from this than from preexisting coli methods (targeted item grinding, fodder training) since it's meant to be an alternative rather than replacement for current coli grinding methods. this also means that players who won't/can't coli shouldn't be missing out on things they aren't already missing out on - and i also hope that this suggestion will make coli more fun for the people who want to do it but find it too monotonous (like me :P) [quote name="disentanglement" date="2023-12-07 23:16:53" ] i really like this idea! i'd love to have something to do in the coli outside of just training fodder in mire. could also make it so you're offered a few, say 3, bounties to pick from, rather than or in addition to the reroll system? [/quote] a (very) limited number of options to pick from [i]could[/i] work, but i'm mostly concerned that letting people have too much choice as to which venue/bounty they get would 1. make balancing much more difficult, since many players will very likely end up choosing only the most profitable option each time (mire bounties would be in high demand, i imagine) and 2. in the same vein, undermine the suggestion's goal of introducing and encouraging more variety in coli grinding (venues that aren't used much now wouldn't be used any more if people could pick something else each & every time) so it could work, i think, but it'd have to be very limited and restricted (remember - the extra rewards are intended as tradeoff for not being able to pick where you fight). you could have it that the first bounty each day lets you choose between some number of options, maybe? but then it'd just end up being a daily and i really don't want that... i'm not sure what the best option would be here, honestly.
Mothmallow wrote on 2023-12-07 22:32:09:
Support! You'd have to be careful about balancing it given that they would be infinite and not every can access/wants to do coli, but it would be a nice way to spice up the experience.
granted, i did suggest unique rewards as part of the spoils' loot pool, but the overall intent is that you don't earn more treasure from this than from preexisting coli methods (targeted item grinding, fodder training) since it's meant to be an alternative rather than replacement for current coli grinding methods. this also means that players who won't/can't coli shouldn't be missing out on things they aren't already missing out on - and i also hope that this suggestion will make coli more fun for the people who want to do it but find it too monotonous (like me :P)

disentanglement wrote on 2023-12-07 23:16:53:
a (very) limited number of options to pick from could work, but i'm mostly concerned that letting people have too much choice as to which venue/bounty they get would 1. make balancing much more difficult, since many players will very likely end up choosing only the most profitable option each time (mire bounties would be in high demand, i imagine) and 2. in the same vein, undermine the suggestion's goal of introducing and encouraging more variety in coli grinding (venues that aren't used much now wouldn't be used any more if people could pick something else each & every time)

so it could work, i think, but it'd have to be very limited and restricted (remember - the extra rewards are intended as tradeoff for not being able to pick where you fight). you could have it that the first bounty each day lets you choose between some number of options, maybe? but then it'd just end up being a daily and i really don't want that... i'm not sure what the best option would be here, honestly.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
support!! i'd love having little goals in the coli aside from hib den tasks <3
support!! i'd love having little goals in the coli aside from hib den tasks <3
a69iToJ.png
tqGkHih.png
s5J4y6g.png
XFWypK3.png
YMPbu9R.png
968f79228a072a372046c6af70ae21c8976348a0.gif
FD1rkPC.png
Oh my goodness, this is so well thought out and brilliant, I think it's great that it's getting more attention! This is almost a necessity, I think! Wow!
Oh my goodness, this is so well thought out and brilliant, I think it's great that it's getting more attention! This is almost a necessity, I think! Wow!
cDDSaqc.png
[quote name="Limanya" date="2023-12-08 02:19:04" ] [quote name="disentanglement" date="2023-12-07 23:16:53" ] i really like this idea! i'd love to have something to do in the coli outside of just training fodder in mire. could also make it so you're offered a few, say 3, bounties to pick from, rather than or in addition to the reroll system? [/quote] a (very) limited number of options to pick from [i]could[/i] work, but i'm mostly concerned that letting people have too much choice as to which venue/bounty they get would 1. make balancing much more difficult, since many players will very likely end up choosing only the most profitable option each time (mire bounties would be in high demand, i imagine) and 2. in the same vein, undermine the suggestion's goal of introducing and encouraging more variety in coli grinding (venues that aren't used much now wouldn't be used any more if people could pick something else each & every time) so it could work, i think, but it'd have to be very limited and restricted (remember - the extra rewards are intended as tradeoff for not being able to pick where you fight). you could have it that the first bounty each day lets you choose between some number of options, maybe? but then it'd just end up being a daily and i really don't want that... i'm not sure what the best option would be here, honestly. [/quote] i was thinking there could be, say 3 options with different time or difficulty tiers, so if you've only got a bit of time, you could pick a shorter bounty, etc (thinking of genshin impact bounty system with 3 tiers of difficulty). and it would also prevent really bad luck from happening (eg. rolling portal 3 times in a row) if it's coded so it gives 3 different venues each time. though, i said maybe in addition to the reroll system since you could end up with 3 bounties you really don't want to do, at which point you get stuck without any way to reroll. could make it reset daily? i know you said you don't want it to be a daily, but this way you could keep doing bounties and keep getting new sets of 3, or if you don't like any of them, wait until the next day to get new ones.
Limanya wrote on 2023-12-08 02:19:04:
disentanglement wrote on 2023-12-07 23:16:53:
a (very) limited number of options to pick from could work, but i'm mostly concerned that letting people have too much choice as to which venue/bounty they get would 1. make balancing much more difficult, since many players will very likely end up choosing only the most profitable option each time (mire bounties would be in high demand, i imagine) and 2. in the same vein, undermine the suggestion's goal of introducing and encouraging more variety in coli grinding (venues that aren't used much now wouldn't be used any more if people could pick something else each & every time)

so it could work, i think, but it'd have to be very limited and restricted (remember - the extra rewards are intended as tradeoff for not being able to pick where you fight). you could have it that the first bounty each day lets you choose between some number of options, maybe? but then it'd just end up being a daily and i really don't want that... i'm not sure what the best option would be here, honestly.

i was thinking there could be, say 3 options with different time or difficulty tiers, so if you've only got a bit of time, you could pick a shorter bounty, etc (thinking of genshin impact bounty system with 3 tiers of difficulty). and it would also prevent really bad luck from happening (eg. rolling portal 3 times in a row) if it's coded so it gives 3 different venues each time.

though, i said maybe in addition to the reroll system since you could end up with 3 bounties you really don't want to do, at which point you get stuck without any way to reroll. could make it reset daily? i know you said you don't want it to be a daily, but this way you could keep doing bounties and keep getting new sets of 3, or if you don't like any of them, wait until the next day to get new ones.
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
3J4E2hk.png
CioCFC3.png
6YousWl.png
Yes. This seems like a really fun idea that actually gives us incentive to do coli, or something to do other than training or grinding
Yes. This seems like a really fun idea that actually gives us incentive to do coli, or something to do other than training or grinding
she/her
FR Time + 3
Wind flight
Semi hiatus
adoptions and starter packs here
7UXlQKU.gif
53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpgWXOu4H0.png
Huge support! I always love extra incentives to Coli grind (see: PSH, Coli ScavHunt, Earth bingo).
Huge support! I always love extra incentives to Coli grind (see: PSH, Coli ScavHunt, Earth bingo).
Accent: Crocodile Friend!! Buy 'Accent:
Crocodile Friend!!'
here!
cVPo4yi.png
o9yS1eq.png
r8v91MH.png
8GgdVkW.png
njCJq66.png
bYt72YT.png
A badge of a sturgeon gardener for Water's Aqua Garden push in 2024. Art by Dovalore A badge of a Sewer Toridae with a tiger lily flower crown on its head. Obtained through a WaterDom grab bag event for LEAP 2024. Art by FirozTaverbi
I just recently got into the colli! I mostly enjoy it not for grinding, but because of the rpg elements, so adding goals will help event more with the idea of it being a rpg like game!

So basically, total support
I just recently got into the colli! I mostly enjoy it not for grinding, but because of the rpg elements, so adding goals will help event more with the idea of it being a rpg like game!

So basically, total support
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
YES YES YES YES 2500% YES
YES YES YES YES 2500% YES
ccG5mjK.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51