Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Crossflights (Hear me out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'd love this! I want a way to reflect my clan's border with Plague.
I'd love this! I want a way to reflect my clan's border with Plague.
!! signature under construction !!
Why just two flights? What about people who hesitate between three or more flights?
Why just two flights? What about people who hesitate between three or more flights?
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-03-01 12:44:00" ] Why just two flights? What about people who hesitate between three or more flights? [/quote] If this was implemented, I would love to see more than three flights, since Light and Ice doesn't cover all of my clan.
Corviknight wrote on 2021-03-01 12:44:00:

If this was implemented, I would love to see more than three flights, since Light and Ice doesn't cover all of my clan.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-03-01 12:44:00" ] Why just two flights? What about people who hesitate between three or more flights? [/quote] I was also thinking about this. Hear me out: [I]treasure sink[/I] Instead of buying access to one flours flight's aesthetic, what if you could buy access to individual locations and banners and potentially be able to set your lair and banner to anywhere but still technically only be in the flight you're in for the sake of nests and dom. This doesn't need to even touch nests. Frankly, the idea of nests of other elements is a matter unto itself and there are other threads that already exist for it. As for how to identify what flight someone is at least mechanically in at a glance? How about the little banner under the user icon can't be changed and always reflects the flight they're in for breeding and dom purposes? Obviously, nests would be an indicator too, but those aren't front and center.
Corviknight wrote on 2021-03-01 12:44:00:

I was also thinking about this.

Hear me out: treasure sink

Instead of buying access to one flours flight's aesthetic, what if you could buy access to individual locations and banners and potentially be able to set your lair and banner to anywhere but still technically only be in the flight you're in for the sake of nests and dom. This doesn't need to even touch nests. Frankly, the idea of nests of other elements is a matter unto itself and there are other threads that already exist for it.

As for how to identify what flight someone is at least mechanically in at a glance? How about the little banner under the user icon can't be changed and always reflects the flight they're in for breeding and dom purposes? Obviously, nests would be an indicator too, but those aren't front and center.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
What if we could pick a secondary flight? Say you are a nature/plague flight clan. An you can change the secondary every 6 months like the primary flight. But you have to have a certain amount of slots or growth in your clan to be able to do this. It limits the chances of someone instantly geting it,sets a limit for time and seems like it can balance things a lil.

If not this,I hope they figure out a nest rental set up that's safer
What if we could pick a secondary flight? Say you are a nature/plague flight clan. An you can change the secondary every 6 months like the primary flight. But you have to have a certain amount of slots or growth in your clan to be able to do this. It limits the chances of someone instantly geting it,sets a limit for time and seems like it can balance things a lil.

If not this,I hope they figure out a nest rental set up that's safer
ex5BGkW.png
I think this could be a way to encourage people to buy more lair slots, if dual-flight was unlocked at 150 or 200
I think this could be a way to encourage people to buy more lair slots, if dual-flight was unlocked at 150 or 200

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
This could be a pretty nice treasure sink, maybe. Purchase the ability to be in a second flight aesthetically and have to pay treasure to change that flight again.

As someone who loves Earth aesthetic but loves the community of Ice so much, I'd be willing to support this tentatively. I don't support the use of other elemental nests because I much prefer other suggestions out there (notably this one), but being able to swap the aesthetics of a flight is something I'd like to see.

As mentioned above, the floodgates do open up for more flights (why not three or four flights) so I'm also fine sticking to one as a totality. I also have to wonder how this would impact flight changes: would people continue to switch their actual flight if the ability to use another one's aesthetics was implemented? I don't think it's something any of us here can say for certain since we don't know the exact reasons why people who move flights do and if those reasons would stay if this were implemented.
This could be a pretty nice treasure sink, maybe. Purchase the ability to be in a second flight aesthetically and have to pay treasure to change that flight again.

As someone who loves Earth aesthetic but loves the community of Ice so much, I'd be willing to support this tentatively. I don't support the use of other elemental nests because I much prefer other suggestions out there (notably this one), but being able to swap the aesthetics of a flight is something I'd like to see.

As mentioned above, the floodgates do open up for more flights (why not three or four flights) so I'm also fine sticking to one as a totality. I also have to wonder how this would impact flight changes: would people continue to switch their actual flight if the ability to use another one's aesthetics was implemented? I don't think it's something any of us here can say for certain since we don't know the exact reasons why people who move flights do and if those reasons would stay if this were implemented.
fo11Vhp.png
I can sort of only get behind the treasure sink idea for aesthetic reasons but then there won't be many reasons to change your flight... this sounds overly complicated so I'm sorry, I don't think I support this. Flights are such a big part of identity on Flight Rising, so big in fact that to just be able to change it on a whim feels very strange.
I can sort of only get behind the treasure sink idea for aesthetic reasons but then there won't be many reasons to change your flight... this sounds overly complicated so I'm sorry, I don't think I support this. Flights are such a big part of identity on Flight Rising, so big in fact that to just be able to change it on a whim feels very strange.
tumblr_inline_nn739bWSSZ1rbfe8q_500.gif
uhh yes please? Minus nests because I don't know how I feel there but I need my secondary plague
uhh yes please? Minus nests because I don't know how I feel there but I need my secondary plague
I wouldn't mind a secondary lair aesthetic. I like to think my lair is in a temperate location (though it seems impossible given how flights don't exactly have those kinds of seasons normally, I think). Temperate as a aesthetic is kind of complicated in elements as... do you only have nature and ice or would it include every element?

Reason for this thought:
In depth:

Temperate seasons imply times where days are plunged in the hight for longer, plant life goes mostly dormant, while at other times you have plant life being dominant, the sun blazing overhead at times, and the days gazing in daylight quite a bit more. Then there's the in between where mud grows and rain soaks the landscape. Not to mention the growth of fungi in autumn with some of it being warm till it transitions to cold. Lightning is very much present with thunder storms and the aurora borealis. Fire is around with summer's occasional forest fire warnings and drought along with blazing days. Wind moves along the weather creating blizzards, summer breeze, and hastening rain.

Summary:

Temperate climates encompass a range of elements with flavored weather of rainy springs, drought summer days, and darker winters. Not to mention mud and fungi grow during the in between seasons. Wind and lightning are essentially the weather.

Conclusion:

So, ice + nature could be ideal with the given options of this but it isn't what fully encapsulates the temperate aesthetic. The more I think of it the harder it is to choose what flight dual aesthetic to go for fully.

As for in relation to if I support or not I do support this. Being put in a one or the other predicament of aesthetics is kind of limiting. I'm not fully sure about nests, however. There are pros and cons to that. Maybe for now we could dip our toes into this with only aesthetic additions.
I wouldn't mind a secondary lair aesthetic. I like to think my lair is in a temperate location (though it seems impossible given how flights don't exactly have those kinds of seasons normally, I think). Temperate as a aesthetic is kind of complicated in elements as... do you only have nature and ice or would it include every element?

Reason for this thought:
In depth:

Temperate seasons imply times where days are plunged in the hight for longer, plant life goes mostly dormant, while at other times you have plant life being dominant, the sun blazing overhead at times, and the days gazing in daylight quite a bit more. Then there's the in between where mud grows and rain soaks the landscape. Not to mention the growth of fungi in autumn with some of it being warm till it transitions to cold. Lightning is very much present with thunder storms and the aurora borealis. Fire is around with summer's occasional forest fire warnings and drought along with blazing days. Wind moves along the weather creating blizzards, summer breeze, and hastening rain.

Summary:

Temperate climates encompass a range of elements with flavored weather of rainy springs, drought summer days, and darker winters. Not to mention mud and fungi grow during the in between seasons. Wind and lightning are essentially the weather.

Conclusion:

So, ice + nature could be ideal with the given options of this but it isn't what fully encapsulates the temperate aesthetic. The more I think of it the harder it is to choose what flight dual aesthetic to go for fully.

As for in relation to if I support or not I do support this. Being put in a one or the other predicament of aesthetics is kind of limiting. I'm not fully sure about nests, however. There are pros and cons to that. Maybe for now we could dip our toes into this with only aesthetic additions.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7