Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Crossflights (Hear me out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
With the map update, I think a lot of people really want to be a part of another flight, while not leaving home. The big issue with this has always been that having the benefits of two flights is too powerful of a feature. But with the map update, you can have crossflights without all the gamebreaking benefits.

Basically my version of crossflights would allow you to:
- Have the ability to change your site theme between your two flights
- Give you a dual-flight banner beneath your icon (which can be toggled) (EDIT: I made this a reality! Click here to see them all)
- Choose POIs from either flight's regions to live in
- Temporarily alter one of your nests to your second flight's for a fee (MAYBE)

It would NOT allow you to:
- Have the perks of your second flight's dominance
- Use nests from your second flight freely
- Et cetera

This would allow users to enjoy living in other regions and using their aesthetics without leaving home. A cool way to have crossflights without busting the game. What do you guys think?
With the map update, I think a lot of people really want to be a part of another flight, while not leaving home. The big issue with this has always been that having the benefits of two flights is too powerful of a feature. But with the map update, you can have crossflights without all the gamebreaking benefits.

Basically my version of crossflights would allow you to:
- Have the ability to change your site theme between your two flights
- Give you a dual-flight banner beneath your icon (which can be toggled) (EDIT: I made this a reality! Click here to see them all)
- Choose POIs from either flight's regions to live in
- Temporarily alter one of your nests to your second flight's for a fee (MAYBE)

It would NOT allow you to:
- Have the perks of your second flight's dominance
- Use nests from your second flight freely
- Et cetera

This would allow users to enjoy living in other regions and using their aesthetics without leaving home. A cool way to have crossflights without busting the game. What do you guys think?
5OZS7SI.png
krh3gHf.png
bYt72YT.png
CioCFC3.png
6kR982D.png
bI1IMpq.png f3JUYSL.png cherubgeneeggivory.png
Yes please!

I've been wanting to suggest something similar for a while -- a way of having a sort of secondary settlement or base in another region, without any dom-related perks or actually being a 'member' of that flight in any meaningful way, simply for aesthetic (or lore) reasons -- your suggestion articulates it very well.

(Though I might add the possibility, for a fee, the option to allocate one (1) of your available nests to the secondary location?)
Yes please!

I've been wanting to suggest something similar for a while -- a way of having a sort of secondary settlement or base in another region, without any dom-related perks or actually being a 'member' of that flight in any meaningful way, simply for aesthetic (or lore) reasons -- your suggestion articulates it very well.

(Though I might add the possibility, for a fee, the option to allocate one (1) of your available nests to the secondary location?)
DSfRuAQ.png
@commoncomitatus
I had thought of that! Though I figured it was still too powerful. I'll add it to the top post just in case.
@commoncomitatus
I had thought of that! Though I figured it was still too powerful. I'll add it to the top post just in case.
5OZS7SI.png
krh3gHf.png
bYt72YT.png
CioCFC3.png
6kR982D.png
bI1IMpq.png f3JUYSL.png cherubgeneeggivory.png
Yea, I figured that might lean a little far into wishful-thinking territory too... but possibly if they charge enough for it they might deem it viable? No harm in hoping, anyhow! ;)
Yea, I figured that might lean a little far into wishful-thinking territory too... but possibly if they charge enough for it they might deem it viable? No harm in hoping, anyhow! ;)
DSfRuAQ.png
I would love being able to set separate locations for lair tags- maybe be able to have the location icon next to the tab description like how dragon bio vistas work? Unsure if I like the nest idea or not... gosh, it'd be nice, but I feel like it could be broken, too.
I would love being able to set separate locations for lair tags- maybe be able to have the location icon next to the tab description like how dragon bio vistas work? Unsure if I like the nest idea or not... gosh, it'd be nice, but I feel like it could be broken, too.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I like the idea, but I'm against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee. I think it should just stick to changing the banner and theme, and being able to change lair location. I think this ability should be unlocked at 200 lair slots, since there's currently nothing past 100 for POI lair locations.
I like the idea, but I'm against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee. I think it should just stick to changing the banner and theme, and being able to change lair location. I think this ability should be unlocked at 200 lair slots, since there's currently nothing past 100 for POI lair locations.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
[quote name="yukitsukihana" date="2021-03-01 10:26:06" ] I like the idea, but I'm against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee. I think it should just stick to changing the banner and theme, and being able to change lair location. I think this ability should be unlocked at 200 lair slots, since there's currently nothing past 100 for POI lair locations. [/quote] Could you explain why you are against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee? It seems like a safer alternative to nest rentals.
yukitsukihana wrote on 2021-03-01 10:26:06:

Could you explain why you are against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee? It seems like a safer alternative to nest rentals.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
[quote name="FaerieQueene" date="2021-03-01 10:27:52" ] Could you explain why you are against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee? It seems like a safer alternative to nest rentals.[/quote] It might be safer, but it goes against picking a flight in the first place. The core site mechanic is that you're locked into your chosen flight, and you have to unlock nests. The fact that it might be possible to unlock another flight's nest before purchasing all your nests could be heavily exploited. Also, you can already move between flights every 6 months for a fee. It makes more sense for a crossflight option to be more visual rather than changing a site function. As well as more likely to be implemented.
FaerieQueene wrote on 2021-03-01 10:27:52:
Could you explain why you are against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee? It seems like a safer alternative to nest rentals.

It might be safer, but it goes against picking a flight in the first place. The core site mechanic is that you're locked into your chosen flight, and you have to unlock nests. The fact that it might be possible to unlock another flight's nest before purchasing all your nests could be heavily exploited. Also, you can already move between flights every 6 months for a fee. It makes more sense for a crossflight option to be more visual rather than changing a site function. As well as more likely to be implemented.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
I love this idea, what with this update trying to drag me around. There's so many cool places to live now and it's a shame I can only pick one. I'd even like to pick 2 places in the same flight!

I sort of feel like something like this should be handled separately from the nest issue, it would be disappointing for folks who want 2 lairs in the same flight to be missing out on a site feature because of it - and I do think this feature should be allowed to work within a single flight if wanted.

Edit: Not that I don't want to be able to have a nest from another flight, I absolutely do, and have supported it in other threads
I love this idea, what with this update trying to drag me around. There's so many cool places to live now and it's a shame I can only pick one. I'd even like to pick 2 places in the same flight!

I sort of feel like something like this should be handled separately from the nest issue, it would be disappointing for folks who want 2 lairs in the same flight to be missing out on a site feature because of it - and I do think this feature should be allowed to work within a single flight if wanted.

Edit: Not that I don't want to be able to have a nest from another flight, I absolutely do, and have supported it in other threads
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote name="yukitsukihana" date="2021-03-01 10:38:16" ] [quote name="FaerieQueene" date="2021-03-01 10:27:52" ] Could you explain why you are against being able to use another flight's nest for a fee? It seems like a safer alternative to nest rentals.[/quote] It might be safer, but it goes against picking a flight in the first place. The core site mechanic is that you're locked into your chosen flight, and you have to unlock nests. The fact that it might be possible to unlock another flight's nest before purchasing all your nests could be heavily exploited. Also, you can already move between flights every 6 months for a fee. It makes more sense for a crossflight option to be more visual rather than changing a site function. As well as more likely to be implemented. [/quote] I think if the second/alt flight pick had a similar 6m lock it could be ok... because yes for safer nests, but big nope on changing basic functions toooo much.
yukitsukihana wrote on 2021-03-01 10:38:16:
FaerieQueene wrote on 2021-03-01 10:27:52:

It might be safer, but it goes against picking a flight in the first place. The core site mechanic is that you're locked into your chosen flight, and you have to unlock nests. The fact that it might be possible to unlock another flight's nest before purchasing all your nests could be heavily exploited. Also, you can already move between flights every 6 months for a fee. It makes more sense for a crossflight option to be more visual rather than changing a site function. As well as more likely to be implemented.
I think if the second/alt flight pick had a similar 6m lock it could be ok... because yes for safer nests, but big nope on changing basic functions toooo much.
Photobucket broke my store but here D:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7