Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Prevent people from exalting unnameds
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-01-23 21:01:12" ] or another idea is, maybe if the default Unnamed gets exalted, they are assigned a randomly generated name. if a player wants it to be Unnamed intentionally for whatever reason they can call it "Nameless" Once its exalted its nobodies dragon. so anyone saying "Its not ur dragon should have named it first," should not have any complaints about Default Unnamed getting RNG names when they go to the exalt pillar. [/quote] Exalted dragons are tied to the account that exalted them so they still belong to that account. Proof of this can be seen when a player changes flight, all their exalts shift with them. Many people purposely exalt unnamed for lore purposes and it randomly being assigned a name because players who that dragon does not belong to dislike "Unnamed" is wrong, especially when players who dislike "Unnamed" can already prevent them in their offspring list can prevent them by naming any dragons they breed before selling them. Names like Unknown and Nameless have different aesthetics and connotations than Unnamed In addition randomly generating a name every time a dragon is exalted will cause a slight degree of lag as its an extra step--this would likely be noticeable during the rare dom battles that happen. That being said I wouldn't mind if they added an account setting that players could toggle on to autoname unnamed dragons they themselves exalt but the default setting should be off (as in if exalted unnamed, they remain unnamed) as that takes fewer steps backend than randomizing a name when exalting. I also wouldn't mind if they added the option in the current confirmation button with the option to name a dragon.. IE: [quote]Exalting Unnamed to the service of deity will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind a small some of riches they have accumulated. This action is irreversible. Do you wish to continue? (Exalt Dragon)(Cancel) (Name Before Exalting)[/quote] Clicking on name before exalting would then bring up the option to name or randomize the name.
Kapow wrote on 2021-01-23 21:01:12:
or another idea is,
maybe if the default Unnamed gets exalted, they are assigned a randomly generated name.
if a player wants it to be Unnamed intentionally for whatever reason
they can call it "Nameless"

Once its exalted its nobodies dragon.
so anyone saying "Its not ur dragon should have named it first," should not have any complaints about Default Unnamed getting RNG names when they go to the exalt pillar.
Exalted dragons are tied to the account that exalted them so they still belong to that account. Proof of this can be seen when a player changes flight, all their exalts shift with them. Many people purposely exalt unnamed for lore purposes and it randomly being assigned a name because players who that dragon does not belong to dislike "Unnamed" is wrong, especially when players who dislike "Unnamed" can already prevent them in their offspring list can prevent them by naming any dragons they breed before selling them. Names like Unknown and Nameless have different aesthetics and connotations than Unnamed

In addition randomly generating a name every time a dragon is exalted will cause a slight degree of lag as its an extra step--this would likely be noticeable during the rare dom battles that happen.

That being said I wouldn't mind if they added an account setting that players could toggle on to autoname unnamed dragons they themselves exalt but the default setting should be off (as in if exalted unnamed, they remain unnamed) as that takes fewer steps backend than randomizing a name when exalting.

I also wouldn't mind if they added the option in the current confirmation button with the option to name a dragon.. IE:
Quote:
Exalting Unnamed to the service of deity will remove them from your lair forever. They will leave behind a small some of riches they have accumulated. This action is irreversible. Do you wish to continue?
(Exalt Dragon)(Cancel)
(Name Before Exalting)
Clicking on name before exalting would then bring up the option to name or randomize the name.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
If dragon buyers can control what I do with my dragon, can I control what they do with the money I gave them?

Because I *paid* for a dragon. And, if it's like OP said, I didn't pay fodder price, I want the money to come back to me, so they should be obligated to buy *my* auctions with the money I gave them.

If dragon sellers can suddenly control what I do with the dragon I buy, I should be able to control what they do with the gems they gave me.

Suddenly, selling dragons isn't that appealing anymore, right?
If dragon buyers can control what I do with my dragon, can I control what they do with the money I gave them?

Because I *paid* for a dragon. And, if it's like OP said, I didn't pay fodder price, I want the money to come back to me, so they should be obligated to buy *my* auctions with the money I gave them.

If dragon sellers can suddenly control what I do with the dragon I buy, I should be able to control what they do with the gems they gave me.

Suddenly, selling dragons isn't that appealing anymore, right?
No support. If your offspring lists are important to you, please consider naming your hatchlings before you sell or give them away.

Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer yours and what the new owner chooses to do with it is no one else's business.
No support. If your offspring lists are important to you, please consider naming your hatchlings before you sell or give them away.

Once a dragon leaves your lair, it is no longer yours and what the new owner chooses to do with it is no one else's business.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="asolrock" date="2021-01-23 14:03:04" ] It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong. [/quote] This is still you're fault for not checking either fodder floor or the DOM watch Thread. It's unfair that you get upset at other players for a mistake you made. Same goes for selling dragons unnamed if it bothers you so much. [quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] So you're getting upset cause other people have a different opinion than you? You said you don't frequent the forums a lot - well some of us do. And those who do have seen this suggestion so many freaking times, it gets tedious to deal with, especially since FR has very clear rules about dragon ownership and stuff (and no, it does not include that you get any decision over other people's dragons.) [quote name="DreadlordMrSon" date="2021-01-23 18:03:52" ] "I see this brought up all the time!" Almost as if it's an idea with wide, popular support and is a serious issue for many players. And bearing in mind that for every person you see bring it up, many more people want it but say nothing. At the very least there should be a "hide dragon from offspring display" option. Because I see a lot of "my dragon my choice" and no acknowledgement of the fact that your choices are affecting the display of other people's dragons. [/quote] Mainly by new players who don't know (and yes, I do think we need better tutorials for this reason). I'd say the responses in this thread show very, very clearly that the majority is against forcing exalters to name. Why should I care how my choice affects you??? You sold it. I PAID you the price you asked for. It is my dragon to do with whatever I please. If you buy a thing in rl, the seller does not retain any right over said sold thing, do they? Why should it be different here? I have a 6 digit with only Unnamed offsprings, which I prefer over a list with a bunch of weird names. My default fodder name is 'Named' cause I am getting sick and tired of people telling me how to name my dragons. Now tell me, which one do you like more? Unnamed, Named, CottonSocks, Deathnugget, various other unfortunate names that are in the random generator? I prefer named fodder. Hell, I love every breeder who names their fodder. Cause did you ever try naming 200+ dragons? That stuff takes literally forever. Just do yourself and everyone else a favor and name the dragons while they're still in your lair. It's really not that hard. No support. Full support taking Unnameds to the coli. This bothered me for a while and I'd love to have Unnamed lvled permas.
asolrock wrote on 2021-01-23 14:03:04:
It just is very frustrating to want your dragon named, and think you've got the price high enough they won't be fodder, and finding out you were wrong.
This is still you're fault for not checking either fodder floor or the DOM watch Thread. It's unfair that you get upset at other players for a mistake you made. Same goes for selling dragons unnamed if it bothers you so much.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2021-01-23 16:23:27:
lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again
So you're getting upset cause other people have a different opinion than you? You said you don't frequent the forums a lot - well some of us do. And those who do have seen this suggestion so many freaking times, it gets tedious to deal with, especially since FR has very clear rules about dragon ownership and stuff (and no, it does not include that you get any decision over other people's dragons.)
DreadlordMrSon wrote on 2021-01-23 18:03:52:
"I see this brought up all the time!"

Almost as if it's an idea with wide, popular support and is a serious issue for many players.
And bearing in mind that for every person you see bring it up, many more people want it but say nothing.

At the very least there should be a "hide dragon from offspring display" option.
Because I see a lot of "my dragon my choice" and no acknowledgement of the fact that your choices are affecting the display of other people's dragons.
Mainly by new players who don't know (and yes, I do think we need better tutorials for this reason). I'd say the responses in this thread show very, very clearly that the majority is against forcing exalters to name.
Why should I care how my choice affects you??? You sold it. I PAID you the price you asked for. It is my dragon to do with whatever I please. If you buy a thing in rl, the seller does not retain any right over said sold thing, do they? Why should it be different here?

I have a 6 digit with only Unnamed offsprings, which I prefer over a list with a bunch of weird names. My default fodder name is 'Named' cause I am getting sick and tired of people telling me how to name my dragons. Now tell me, which one do you like more? Unnamed, Named, CottonSocks, Deathnugget, various other unfortunate names that are in the random generator?
I prefer named fodder. Hell, I love every breeder who names their fodder. Cause did you ever try naming 200+ dragons? That stuff takes literally forever. Just do yourself and everyone else a favor and name the dragons while they're still in your lair. It's really not that hard. No support.
Full support taking Unnameds to the coli. This bothered me for a while and I'd love to have Unnamed lvled permas.
tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pngsmall_save_the_imps2_by_keldeostar-dc6ioyu.pngtumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.pnghttps://68.media.tumblr.com/d520b49ad1e535b4432d0a80efc5db86/tumblr_otyhq9Ynj41vsg0m1o1_400.png[/img]
[quote name="Kapow" date="2021-01-23 22:12:51" ] Ah really didn't know that. So they just switch pillars magically whenever you switch flights and stuff? Does that affect dom? I assume if something like my idea is Put into place, then previously Unnamed Exalted dragons would probably have to remain unnamed so it would not affect players like you and other players who didn't name for lore reasons. sorta like Eyes-update didnt affect any of the dragons previous to that update. An RNG program mass renaming almost 8 million Unnamed dragons might negatively impact site performance. Edit: maybe it could be an account toggle or something, default to "on" [/quote] OR, and here’s a much simpler option, people who don’t want dragons they’ve bred to be exalted unnamed COULD NAME THEM. No coding changes required!
Kapow wrote on 2021-01-23 22:12:51:
Ah really didn't know that. So they just switch pillars magically whenever you switch flights and stuff? Does that affect dom?

I assume if something like my idea is Put into place, then previously Unnamed Exalted dragons would probably have to remain unnamed so it would not affect players like you and other players who didn't name for lore reasons. sorta like Eyes-update didnt affect any of the dragons previous to that update.
An RNG program mass renaming almost 8 million Unnamed dragons might negatively impact site performance.

Edit: maybe it could be an account toggle or something, default to "on"

OR, and here’s a much simpler option, people who don’t want dragons they’ve bred to be exalted unnamed COULD NAME THEM.

No coding changes required!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 13:02:19" ] [quote name="SeaCrest" date="2021-01-23 12:53:53" ] My dragon, my choices. If you wanted your dragons named, name them yourself before they leave your lair, fodder price or not. It only annoys people who expect other people to take responsibility for something they could have done themselves. Should dragons be named to be bred? To have apparel or a familiar? [/quote] See but the problem is if a dragon is exalted it can NEVER be named and you get dragons full of unnamed hatchlings, especially if you're like me and don't always pay 100% attention to when dom pushes are happening and underprice by accident. You can't train unnamed dragons for exalting already so... [/quote] Bruh I don’t think anyone cares that much about a dragon’s name if you want a named dragon in your lineage then name it before selling. Why should you be entitled to control someone’s dragon just because YOU didn’t name them and YOU made the decision to unname name and sell them. How many times do we have to say that you aren’t in control of the dragon once it’s sold.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2021-01-23 13:02:19:
SeaCrest wrote on 2021-01-23 12:53:53:
My dragon, my choices. If you wanted your dragons named, name them yourself before they leave your lair, fodder price or not. It only annoys people who expect other people to take responsibility for something they could have done themselves.

Should dragons be named to be bred? To have apparel or a familiar?
See but the problem is if a dragon is exalted it can NEVER be named and you get dragons full of unnamed hatchlings, especially if you're like me and don't always pay 100% attention to when dom pushes are happening and underprice by accident. You can't train unnamed dragons for exalting already so...

Bruh I don’t think anyone cares that much about a dragon’s name if you want a named dragon in your lineage then name it before selling. Why should you be entitled to control someone’s dragon just because YOU didn’t name them and YOU made the decision to unname name and sell them. How many times do we have to say that you aren’t in control of the dragon once it’s sold.
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
[quote name="WynnDawnstrider" date="2021-01-23 16:23:27" ] lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again [/quote] Oh my god are you kidding me. If you are willing to share an unpopular opinion online then do expect people to disagree with you. That is the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard in the entirety of this site. This is almost common sense that people are going to not support your decision if you want to control their gameplay of other users don’t go whining that you’re being disrespected when you literally made a rude suggestion to the players. Please consider going outside and enjoying life then sit around calling a forum “toxic” because people wanted to disagree with you. This is the suggestion forum this is a place full of debates and opinions. I don’t know what response you expected from this suggestion if this has been suggested several times. There’s a search bar if you don’t believe me and there’s a person who posted links here as well. I’m appalled that there are still people complaining how the suggestion forum is toxic because some people disagreed with their opinion. Like, you are on the internet you aren’t going to agree with everyone. Common sense. God I’m about to have a brain aneurism.
WynnDawnstrider wrote on 2021-01-23 16:23:27:
lmao half of you are doing an excellent job of reminding me why I hate getting into online communities, because if you have one unpopular opinion half the website has to evicerate you, lmao its a good thing i'm not a new player because i'm seriously considering never touching the forums with an opinion again

Oh my god are you kidding me. If you are willing to share an unpopular opinion online then do expect people to disagree with you. That is the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard in the entirety of this site. This is almost common sense that people are going to not support your decision if you want to control their gameplay of other users don’t go whining that you’re being disrespected when you literally made a rude suggestion to the players. Please consider going outside and enjoying life then sit around calling a forum “toxic” because people wanted to disagree with you. This is the suggestion forum this is a place full of debates and opinions. I don’t know what response you expected from this suggestion if this has been suggested several times.

There’s a search bar if you don’t believe me and there’s a person who posted links here as well. I’m appalled that there are still people complaining how the suggestion forum is toxic because some people disagreed with their opinion. Like, you are on the internet you aren’t going to agree with everyone. Common sense. God I’m about to have a brain aneurism.
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
Support. All the people saying it’s their dragon, their choice aren’t complaining about having to name adults for coli. That too is the system forcing you to do something. That too adds seconds but we just accept it. There’s a randomizer for Pete’s sake.

Edit: oh ew this thread got nasty. It’s just a game ppl. Calm downnnn.
Support. All the people saying it’s their dragon, their choice aren’t complaining about having to name adults for coli. That too is the system forcing you to do something. That too adds seconds but we just accept it. There’s a randomizer for Pete’s sake.

dove_cryptidove.pngfkWjutW.png5c15bb999532f9391109728396a638d13602f294.png
[quote name="Cryptidove" date="2021-01-24 09:00:13" ] Support. All the people saying it’s their dragon, their choice aren’t complaining about having to name adults for coli. That too is the system forcing you to do something. That too adds seconds but we just accept it. There’s a randomizer for Pete’s sake. [/quote] What are you talking about? Have you read the thread? Several people have already stated they want to see Unnamed dragons in the Coli. If you want to see more on that suggestion, there's a 113 page thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1045165/1
Cryptidove wrote on 2021-01-24 09:00:13:
What are you talking about? Have you read the thread? Several people have already stated they want to see Unnamed dragons in the Coli. If you want to see more on that suggestion, there's a 113 page thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1045165/1
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="Cryptidove" date="2021-01-24 09:00:13" ] Support. All the people saying it’s their dragon, their choice aren’t complaining about having to name adults for coli. That too is the system forcing you to do something. That too adds seconds but we just accept it. There’s a randomizer for Pete’s sake. Edit: oh ew this thread got nasty. It’s just a game ppl. Calm downnnn. [/quote] I could say the same calm downnnn to all y'all thinking it's anyone's fault but your own for not hitting the randomizer before selling but go off I guess gemajgall has addressed why the rest of it is wrong very effectively so I won't bother
Cryptidove wrote on 2021-01-24 09:00:13:

I could say the same calm downnnn to all y'all thinking it's anyone's fault but your own for not hitting the randomizer before selling but go off I guess
gemajgall has addressed why the rest of it is wrong very effectively so I won't bother
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17