Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Transmute cheap battlestones into gloop
1 2 3
I propose a new type of transmutation material is introduced to Baldwin's brew, in which battlestones can be converted to 'gloop' or 'clay' of different colours.

There as so many cheap battlestones without any reliable way to get them out of the economy. I don't want to hoard sell them because I can get slightly more money on auction house, but then they are just going round and round the system. Hibernal den isn't hugely affecting their prices.

One of the best effects of Baldwin is that there is now a base level of about 3-4 kt for the cheapest familiars and apparel, because there is demand for these so they can be transmuted. With so many familiars entering the system due to coli drops and chests, this has been a great way for people to get rid of their 15 extra abyss strikers etc. So people don't have loads of unwanted extras sitting in their vault, and they can actually make money off selling even the cheap ones.

Now, I make money by farming the coli. For every five or six familiars I get about 15 or 16 cheap battlestones, every single day. But most of them are worth so litte that by the time I list all of them on auction house, I could have raised fodder to level 7 and made more money. Being able to transmute them into gloop would get a lot of battlestones out of the syatem and create demand for the useless ones.

Existing recipes would not need to change. New recipes involving gloop at all levels could be added.
I propose a new type of transmutation material is introduced to Baldwin's brew, in which battlestones can be converted to 'gloop' or 'clay' of different colours.

There as so many cheap battlestones without any reliable way to get them out of the economy. I don't want to hoard sell them because I can get slightly more money on auction house, but then they are just going round and round the system. Hibernal den isn't hugely affecting their prices.

One of the best effects of Baldwin is that there is now a base level of about 3-4 kt for the cheapest familiars and apparel, because there is demand for these so they can be transmuted. With so many familiars entering the system due to coli drops and chests, this has been a great way for people to get rid of their 15 extra abyss strikers etc. So people don't have loads of unwanted extras sitting in their vault, and they can actually make money off selling even the cheap ones.

Now, I make money by farming the coli. For every five or six familiars I get about 15 or 16 cheap battlestones, every single day. But most of them are worth so litte that by the time I list all of them on auction house, I could have raised fodder to level 7 and made more money. Being able to transmute them into gloop would get a lot of battlestones out of the syatem and create demand for the useless ones.

Existing recipes would not need to change. New recipes involving gloop at all levels could be added.
yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P

Also it'd be nice to be able to melt down cheap specialty items, like vistas :X those get worthless fast! Or even some genes, like the Ancient ones that drop in the coliseum. Be kinda neat if melting those made a random material but had a good chance to be the 'top' level material like blue slime or gold muck- then you'd almost feel lucky if you have such a rare yet worthless thing as a gene or vista drop for you, since they can be made into a useful material.
yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P

Also it'd be nice to be able to melt down cheap specialty items, like vistas :X those get worthless fast! Or even some genes, like the Ancient ones that drop in the coliseum. Be kinda neat if melting those made a random material but had a good chance to be the 'top' level material like blue slime or gold muck- then you'd almost feel lucky if you have such a rare yet worthless thing as a gene or vista drop for you, since they can be made into a useful material.
UJXttDL.png
support, i know I can just hoard sell the stones that aren't worth auctioning, but it would be really handy if I could melt them down too.
support, i know I can just hoard sell the stones that aren't worth auctioning, but it would be really handy if I could melt them down too.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
I support random materials but not sold on adding another item category
@Doglover287915 [quote]I support random materials but not sold on adding another item category[/quote] Why not another category? I guess transmuting to get more types of stuff could be a pain, but maybe there could be three colours of gloop like there are for muck and slime, so it is not that difficult to get the colour you want. Baldwin regularly gets additions but I don't think they can keep adding levels indefinitely, as otherwise it becomes impossible for new players to get to the higher levels in a reasonable time. By adding a different item category, players at lower levels can still level up using the recipes without it, and the players at the highest level, who already have a stockpile of current materials or have brewed every item they want would quite easily be able to build up their gloop.
@Doglover287915
Quote:

Why not another category? I guess transmuting to get more types of stuff could be a pain, but maybe there could be three colours of gloop like there are for muck and slime, so it is not that difficult to get the colour you want.

Baldwin regularly gets additions but I don't think they can keep adding levels indefinitely, as otherwise it becomes impossible for new players to get to the higher levels in a reasonable time.

By adding a different item category, players at lower levels can still level up using the recipes without it, and the players at the highest level, who already have a stockpile of current materials or have brewed every item they want would quite easily be able to build up their gloop.
[quote name="Valheru" date="2021-01-17 13:00:36" ] @Doglover287915 [quote]I support random materials but not sold on adding another item category[/quote] Why not another category? I guess transmuting to get more types of stuff could be a pain, but maybe there could be three colours of gloop like there are for muck and slime, so it is not that difficult to get the colour you want. Baldwin regularly gets additions but I don't think they can keep adding levels indefinitely, as otherwise it becomes impossible for new players to get to the higher levels in a reasonable time. By adding a different item category, players at lower levels can still level up using the recipes without it, and the players at the highest level, who already have a stockpile of current materials or have brewed every item they want would quite easily be able to build up their gloop. [/quote] Because a new category would be a pain to deal with, the ability to get random materials gives these worth without causing a hassle because now you have to get a ton of battlestones to get the new material.
Valheru wrote on 2021-01-17 13:00:36:
@Doglover287915
Quote:

Why not another category? I guess transmuting to get more types of stuff could be a pain, but maybe there could be three colours of gloop like there are for muck and slime, so it is not that difficult to get the colour you want.

Baldwin regularly gets additions but I don't think they can keep adding levels indefinitely, as otherwise it becomes impossible for new players to get to the higher levels in a reasonable time.

By adding a different item category, players at lower levels can still level up using the recipes without it, and the players at the highest level, who already have a stockpile of current materials or have brewed every item they want would quite easily be able to build up their gloop.

Because a new category would be a pain to deal with, the ability to get random materials gives these worth without causing a hassle because now you have to get a ton of battlestones to get the new material.
Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt.

It should have been implemented from day one.

Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt.

It should have been implemented from day one.

I definitely support some way of melting cheap battlestones.

There is the inherent risk that new players might not know which ones are cheap (a lot of valueless stuff is still five-star, while some stones that do sell for dragon cash like Ambush and Berserker have a relatively low star value), but probably less so with battlestones--anyone grinding a lot of them has presumably found a coli strategy that works for them anyway.

As for the issue of no recipes using them, recipes that do could be introduced, whether as an alternative way to get existing brewable items like festival currency or strange chests; an outright change in recipe for stuff like the Baldwin battlestones (I think this should probably be a harmless change that won't hurt existing players/playstyles, though I don't always think of the right objection so I might be wrong); or just new recipes in general.

Saying people would need to get battlestones to melt to use for the hypothetical new recipes is, well, yes. People currently need to get familiars and apparel to melt for existing recipes, though, so while it's another change it's not the first category of things that would apply to.

As far as @/NorthSong's suggestion, melting cheap skins or specialty items, while useful--please let me melt my Mire vistas and my zillion crates of mire skins nobody wants!--feels riskier. Genes I'm not sure there's any way to put a practical limitation on, and staff shouldn't have to check the AH to see what's selling above a theoretical floor price.

That, and unlike battle items and other coli drops that one really does lock non-grinders out, since the cheapest MP options for skins/genes are an order of magnitude more expensive than the cheapest MP options for apparel or battle items, while familiars can be gathered for free. MP vistas are another order of magnitude more expensive than that. If an option to melt vistas/genes/skins existed I think it would only be fair, again as @/NorthSong suggested, to make them turn into an existing type of mat (maybe with a high chance of at least a three-star rarity, instead of six-star?) so that non-coli players wouldn't suffer too much.
I definitely support some way of melting cheap battlestones.

There is the inherent risk that new players might not know which ones are cheap (a lot of valueless stuff is still five-star, while some stones that do sell for dragon cash like Ambush and Berserker have a relatively low star value), but probably less so with battlestones--anyone grinding a lot of them has presumably found a coli strategy that works for them anyway.

As for the issue of no recipes using them, recipes that do could be introduced, whether as an alternative way to get existing brewable items like festival currency or strange chests; an outright change in recipe for stuff like the Baldwin battlestones (I think this should probably be a harmless change that won't hurt existing players/playstyles, though I don't always think of the right objection so I might be wrong); or just new recipes in general.

Saying people would need to get battlestones to melt to use for the hypothetical new recipes is, well, yes. People currently need to get familiars and apparel to melt for existing recipes, though, so while it's another change it's not the first category of things that would apply to.

As far as @/NorthSong's suggestion, melting cheap skins or specialty items, while useful--please let me melt my Mire vistas and my zillion crates of mire skins nobody wants!--feels riskier. Genes I'm not sure there's any way to put a practical limitation on, and staff shouldn't have to check the AH to see what's selling above a theoretical floor price.

That, and unlike battle items and other coli drops that one really does lock non-grinders out, since the cheapest MP options for skins/genes are an order of magnitude more expensive than the cheapest MP options for apparel or battle items, while familiars can be gathered for free. MP vistas are another order of magnitude more expensive than that. If an option to melt vistas/genes/skins existed I think it would only be fair, again as @/NorthSong suggested, to make them turn into an existing type of mat (maybe with a high chance of at least a three-star rarity, instead of six-star?) so that non-coli players wouldn't suffer too much.
I support being able to get rid of all the excess battle stones in a non-hoardsell way, but I don't know how effective Baldwin would be.

Right now I can buy a meditate or scratch stone for 250t from the MP, a might fragment for 1000t. Because there are so few battle stones, they restock in the MP all the time. LAH for meditate is 100t. Even though there are so many users on the site, I don't know if this will raise demands for the useless ones to a price even near familiars or apparel. However, it'll definitely help get battle stones out of the system, so thumbs up to that.

Health and cleansing potions shouldn't be transmutable, even though they have a hoardsell value (as far as I know, everything with a hoardsell value over zero is transmutable, correct me if I'm wrong). I've got over 500 minor health potions and I don't even grind much, so if those were allowed, it wouldn't make a dent in the excess of actual battle stones

Oh! But an idea for recipe that involves gloop! A recipe that converts a bunch of minor health potions + a gloop to a few health or major health potions would be nice. Everything is battle related, so it's got a theme, and those minor health potions are just sitting around, good for nothing except hoardselling once your dragons are at 25.

Another idea, similar to what @/nonisland alluded to above, is that gloop would also be very thematically appropriate if we ever get new color variants of battle stones (or even the current ones). I know there's a ton of people out there who'd like more options than just prismatic meditate, plumed anticipate, and irradiated scratch.
I support being able to get rid of all the excess battle stones in a non-hoardsell way, but I don't know how effective Baldwin would be.

Right now I can buy a meditate or scratch stone for 250t from the MP, a might fragment for 1000t. Because there are so few battle stones, they restock in the MP all the time. LAH for meditate is 100t. Even though there are so many users on the site, I don't know if this will raise demands for the useless ones to a price even near familiars or apparel. However, it'll definitely help get battle stones out of the system, so thumbs up to that.

Health and cleansing potions shouldn't be transmutable, even though they have a hoardsell value (as far as I know, everything with a hoardsell value over zero is transmutable, correct me if I'm wrong). I've got over 500 minor health potions and I don't even grind much, so if those were allowed, it wouldn't make a dent in the excess of actual battle stones

Oh! But an idea for recipe that involves gloop! A recipe that converts a bunch of minor health potions + a gloop to a few health or major health potions would be nice. Everything is battle related, so it's got a theme, and those minor health potions are just sitting around, good for nothing except hoardselling once your dragons are at 25.

Another idea, similar to what @/nonisland alluded to above, is that gloop would also be very thematically appropriate if we ever get new color variants of battle stones (or even the current ones). I know there's a ton of people out there who'd like more options than just prismatic meditate, plumed anticipate, and irradiated scratch.
TuubBzG.png
I support the general idea. We could also have more recipes that incorporate these battle stones.
I support the general idea. We could also have more recipes that incorporate these battle stones.
1 2 3