Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Transmute cheap battlestones into gloop
1 2 3
[quote name="Crowbar" date="2021-01-17 16:27:14" ] I support the general idea. We could also have more recipes that incorporate these battle stones. [/quote] Honestly, I would just prefer more recipes that use the battlestones than have to have baldwin coded to either create a new transmutation material (or more than one, since some people want things like vistas and skins to be melted down as well) or to make them turn into a random ingredient that already exists. It would be faster, and they could take more of the items out per recipe than transmuting one item every 30 minutes could.
Crowbar wrote on 2021-01-17 16:27:14:
I support the general idea. We could also have more recipes that incorporate these battle stones.
Honestly, I would just prefer more recipes that use the battlestones than have to have baldwin coded to either create a new transmutation material (or more than one, since some people want things like vistas and skins to be melted down as well) or to make them turn into a random ingredient that already exists.

It would be faster, and they could take more of the items out per recipe than transmuting one item every 30 minutes could.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="NorthSong" date="2021-01-17 09:28:08" ] yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P [/quote] I like this idea more, since we already have over 20 levels worth of recipes without a new material. I guess adding more recipes would be fine but I like the idea that they'll give you whatever. tentative support.
NorthSong wrote on 2021-01-17 09:28:08:
yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P

I like this idea more, since we already have over 20 levels worth of recipes without a new material. I guess adding more recipes would be fine but I like the idea that they'll give you whatever.

tentative support.
+2 FR time
he/they
If battlestones could be made into a random material I think that would make them less useful, not more. With each material having so many colours already it would be very unlikely that I would get something I need.

Or cheap battlestones could become more common in recipes, but that would only take some specific types out of the system, instead of all types like gloop would.
If battlestones could be made into a random material I think that would make them less useful, not more. With each material having so many colours already it would be very unlikely that I would get something I need.

Or cheap battlestones could become more common in recipes, but that would only take some specific types out of the system, instead of all types like gloop would.
[quote name="Valheru" date="2021-01-18 12:18:52" ] If battlestones could be made into a random material I think that would make them less useful, not more. With each material having so many colours already it would be very unlikely that I would get something I need. Or cheap battlestones could become more common in recipes, but that would only take some specific types out of the system, instead of all types like gloop would. [/quote] baldwin mats have a decent amount of sale and use potential at least- every baldwin mat has at least one use in a recipe somewhere, different people are levelling their cauldrons at different times, and new recipes are consistently being added. battle items like bolts/slashes are useless for 90% of players and coli builds. [quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-01-17 13:51:04" ] Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt. It should have been implemented from day one. [/quote] better late than never? couldn't they just add an apparel set that uses the new material at the same time if they ever released this? anyway, support for a new category and/or common stones being used in more recipes. maybe they could have a recipe that can use any kind of bolt/slash/etc, or have another elemental apparel set or something that uses 1 each of ability/bolt/slashs?
Valheru wrote on 2021-01-18 12:18:52:

baldwin mats have a decent amount of sale and use potential at least- every baldwin mat has at least one use in a recipe somewhere, different people are levelling their cauldrons at different times, and new recipes are consistently being added. battle items like bolts/slashes are useless for 90% of players and coli builds.

Corviknight wrote on 2021-01-17 13:51:04:
Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt.

It should have been implemented from day one.

better late than never? couldn't they just add an apparel set that uses the new material at the same time if they ever released this?

anyway, support for a new category and/or common stones being used in more recipes. maybe they could have a recipe that can use any kind of bolt/slash/etc, or have another elemental apparel set or something that uses 1 each of ability/bolt/slashs?
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
Quote:
better late than never? couldn't they just add an apparel set that uses the new material at the same time if they ever released this?

Being used in less than 5% of all recipes isn't enough for them to have any form of worth.
Quote:

Being used in less than 5% of all recipes isn't enough for them to have any form of worth.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-01-18 18:40:22" ] Quote: better late than never? couldn't they just add an apparel set that uses the new material at the same time if they ever released this? Being used in less than 5% of all recipes isn't enough for them to have any form of worth. [/quote] All of the Blue materials are used in less than 5% of all recipes, around 3-4% each.
Corviknight wrote on 2021-01-18 18:40:22:
Quote:

All of the Blue materials are used in less than 5% of all recipes, around 3-4% each.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
[quote]Being used in less than 5% of all recipes isn't enough for them to have any form of worth.[/quote] Recipes are added frequently. In the beginning they might only be used in one apparel set, but over time many more new recipes would get added to the levels which already exist, and they could require gloop, It cannot do any harm!
Quote:

Recipes are added frequently. In the beginning they might only be used in one apparel set, but over time many more new recipes would get added to the levels which already exist, and they could require gloop,

It cannot do any harm!
Support! I'm honestly surprised you can't transmute battle stones already. The idea of also getting a bunch of new recipes would be cool too!
Support! I'm honestly surprised you can't transmute battle stones already. The idea of also getting a bunch of new recipes would be cool too!
~Commissions
~Tumblr
~Instagram
~He/They
tumblr_inline_n37h25z1gh1qhwjx8.gif
[quote name="NorthSong" date="2021-01-17 09:28:08" ] yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P Also it'd be nice to be able to melt down cheap specialty items, like vistas :X those get worthless fast! Or even some genes, like the Ancient ones that drop in the coliseum. Be kinda neat if melting those made a random material but had a good chance to be the 'top' level material like blue slime or gold muck- then you'd almost feel lucky if you have such a rare yet worthless thing as a gene or vista drop for you, since they can be made into a useful material. [/quote] I vote for melting battle stones, but not specialty items. It just doesn't seem right.
NorthSong wrote on 2021-01-17 09:28:08:
yeah, or alternately maybe they could transmute into -anything- at random, slime or muck or goop or whatever? I'd still gladly do it :P

Also it'd be nice to be able to melt down cheap specialty items, like vistas :X those get worthless fast! Or even some genes, like the Ancient ones that drop in the coliseum. Be kinda neat if melting those made a random material but had a good chance to be the 'top' level material like blue slime or gold muck- then you'd almost feel lucky if you have such a rare yet worthless thing as a gene or vista drop for you, since they can be made into a useful material.
I vote for melting battle stones, but not specialty items. It just doesn't seem right.
She/They
Fr time+2
Ummm....I like books?
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-01-17 13:51:04" ] Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt. It should have been implemented from day one. [/quote] This could be rectified by making more "alternate" battle stones (ala prismatic meditate, irradiated scratch etc) for other elementless skills (eliminate, base shred, etc come to mind) that use the new baldwin mat that comes from melting stones. It also wouldn't be as big of a deal to swap necessary mats on current aesthetic battle stones to include the new mat, since there are so few of them available to make. As for the comments above that I saw about how there are already so many colors of Baldwin mats— battle stones wouldn't need to have a full rainbow, it could be as simple as the 3 slimes or 3 mucks. Overall though, this could be neat! Support!
Corviknight wrote on 2021-01-17 13:51:04:
Another category would actually be worthless because there isn't any recipes requiring these right now, meaning that we would all have a stockpile of battlestones to melt.

It should have been implemented from day one.

This could be rectified by making more "alternate" battle stones (ala prismatic meditate, irradiated scratch etc) for other elementless skills (eliminate, base shred, etc come to mind) that use the new baldwin mat that comes from melting stones. It also wouldn't be as big of a deal to swap necessary mats on current aesthetic battle stones to include the new mat, since there are so few of them available to make.

As for the comments above that I saw about how there are already so many colors of Baldwin mats— battle stones wouldn't need to have a full rainbow, it could be as simple as the 3 slimes or 3 mucks.

Overall though, this could be neat! Support!
1 2 3