Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Accessibility, make #s easy to read!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
This has bothered me ever since I began playing Flight Rising in 2014.

For accessibility, as well as general quality of life for users, please add in commas to numbers to make them easier to read!! This would help people with vision issues as well as help people with things like dyslexia!

What is easier to read 164670 or 164,670? 9459485 or 9,459,485?

So often I cannot tell how much treasure I have because it's just a cramped string of letters. It's a little bit easier to parse what the exact value of numbers in the marketplace or on item descriptions but that is because they tend to end with 0's. But on your page or in the AH it's such a hinderance.

Please consider adding this in. It's a small change that would be a lot of help to so many users. Accessibility is an important thing to consider, especially when your website has so many people playing! This quality of life change could help avoid a lot of frustration for everyone.
This has bothered me ever since I began playing Flight Rising in 2014.

For accessibility, as well as general quality of life for users, please add in commas to numbers to make them easier to read!! This would help people with vision issues as well as help people with things like dyslexia!

What is easier to read 164670 or 164,670? 9459485 or 9,459,485?

So often I cannot tell how much treasure I have because it's just a cramped string of letters. It's a little bit easier to parse what the exact value of numbers in the marketplace or on item descriptions but that is because they tend to end with 0's. But on your page or in the AH it's such a hinderance.

Please consider adding this in. It's a small change that would be a lot of help to so many users. Accessibility is an important thing to consider, especially when your website has so many people playing! This quality of life change could help avoid a lot of frustration for everyone.
I can draw gijinkas! Ko-fi Comms Here!

SUPPORT ACCESSIBILITY! MAKE NUMBERS EASIER TO READ!
this should be added to prevent ah mispricing too
i fully support this
this should be added to prevent ah mispricing too
i fully support this
Sig_Adopt_-_Elys_small.png
support. i'd also like to see it for dragon IDs
support. i'd also like to see it for dragon IDs
As long as it's optional and you can choose between . and ,
My country uses . but others may use , (And I prefer a comma, too)
As long as it's optional and you can choose between . and ,
My country uses . but others may use , (And I prefer a comma, too)

I agree with it being optional, but definite support! We need more accessibility options and the numbers occasionally strain my eyes when they get up to higher digits, mostly in the AH for me. With IDs at least, this will only get worse with more dragons being added every day. There definitely needs to be a place for your eyes to rest.

Optional (in regards to dragon IDs mostly, which is not actually part of the suggestion, but someone else brought up and I agree with) because: I collect palindrome dragon IDs where this would mess up the pattern. Not sure why but they just make me really happy. So for Dragon IDs in particular id rather this be optional or opt-out of for certain dragons. It would suck having to turn this on and off to use the AH or basically have to choose between something I really like aesthetically for my dragons and being able to read numbers I need to read.

57399375 -pattern
5739|9375 (palindrome split)
57,399,375 -pattern is gone

Like its still consciously there, the numbers havent changed, but it no longer reads as a palindrome at first glance. Id definitely like it for some dragon IDs but not others, so being case by case for IDs at least would be nice since you dont always have to actually read the ID #, its just there.

I doubt it would happen but it'd be kinda cool if you could separate dragon IDs how you want to in the customize page. The numbers don't change but if I wanted to add that bar in the middle for spacing for example I could. Like a 7 digit palindrome id want separated different than an 8 digit.
573|9|375
But not

Just to be clear: yes to this suggestion 100%, but I'd like some extra options if it extends to dragon IDs.
I agree with it being optional, but definite support! We need more accessibility options and the numbers occasionally strain my eyes when they get up to higher digits, mostly in the AH for me. With IDs at least, this will only get worse with more dragons being added every day. There definitely needs to be a place for your eyes to rest.

Optional (in regards to dragon IDs mostly, which is not actually part of the suggestion, but someone else brought up and I agree with) because: I collect palindrome dragon IDs where this would mess up the pattern. Not sure why but they just make me really happy. So for Dragon IDs in particular id rather this be optional or opt-out of for certain dragons. It would suck having to turn this on and off to use the AH or basically have to choose between something I really like aesthetically for my dragons and being able to read numbers I need to read.

57399375 -pattern
5739|9375 (palindrome split)
57,399,375 -pattern is gone

Like its still consciously there, the numbers havent changed, but it no longer reads as a palindrome at first glance. Id definitely like it for some dragon IDs but not others, so being case by case for IDs at least would be nice since you dont always have to actually read the ID #, its just there.

I doubt it would happen but it'd be kinda cool if you could separate dragon IDs how you want to in the customize page. The numbers don't change but if I wanted to add that bar in the middle for spacing for example I could. Like a 7 digit palindrome id want separated different than an 8 digit.
573|9|375
But not

Just to be clear: yes to this suggestion 100%, but I'd like some extra options if it extends to dragon IDs.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
Excellent points about the dragon IDs!! Love how in-depth you explained @Stormfly
I agree having different toggles for different number would be nice i.e currency #s, ID digits, user digits, etc.

Very small change that would have a large impact ^_^
Excellent points about the dragon IDs!! Love how in-depth you explained @Stormfly
I agree having different toggles for different number would be nice i.e currency #s, ID digits, user digits, etc.

Very small change that would have a large impact ^_^
I can draw gijinkas! Ko-fi Comms Here!

SUPPORT ACCESSIBILITY! MAKE NUMBERS EASIER TO READ!
ID numbers never have commas in them, so that isn't something to worry about (think zip codes, student ID numbers, even account numbers pretty much everywhere — no commas).

I actually prefer not having commas on the AH, mostly because I'm used to how the numbers look. :P But I'd absolutely love commas for the hoard. So overall support, with or without a toggle.
ID numbers never have commas in them, so that isn't something to worry about (think zip codes, student ID numbers, even account numbers pretty much everywhere — no commas).

I actually prefer not having commas on the AH, mostly because I'm used to how the numbers look. :P But I'd absolutely love commas for the hoard. So overall support, with or without a toggle.
fo11Vhp.png
As someone with ADHD its very hard to read clusters of numbers, so I've had the same problem of not being able to tell how much treasure I have quickly. Full support!
As someone with ADHD its very hard to read clusters of numbers, so I've had the same problem of not being able to tell how much treasure I have quickly. Full support!

micah | he/him | FR+3
mneBrSJ.png
This has been needed for years.

999999999 is unreadable.

999 999 999 are all readable.
This has been needed for years.

999999999 is unreadable.

999 999 999 are all readable.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
huge support always. this feels like such an easy accessibility fix.
huge support always. this feels like such an easy accessibility fix.
2.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11