Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | 10th Anniversary Imp Scroll Re-Release
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
Eggs keep their promise in the most technical of terms. In practicality, it is still breaking their promise of g1 imps being KS exclusive. Trying to get around their promise by going "ohohoh but we never said anything about eggs" would be super shady.

I'd love an imp scroll, especially with pose change scrolls now in the game, but they're more than I'd like to spend and that's ok. There are plenty of imps to go around and no one needs their imp to be g1.

It'd also be a massive screw you to the people who spent real life money, either in the KS or in gem purchases, to get scrolls and g1 imps. Not to mention completely destroying the playerbase's trust in any promises the devs make.
Eggs keep their promise in the most technical of terms. In practicality, it is still breaking their promise of g1 imps being KS exclusive. Trying to get around their promise by going "ohohoh but we never said anything about eggs" would be super shady.

I'd love an imp scroll, especially with pose change scrolls now in the game, but they're more than I'd like to spend and that's ok. There are plenty of imps to go around and no one needs their imp to be g1.

It'd also be a massive screw you to the people who spent real life money, either in the KS or in gem purchases, to get scrolls and g1 imps. Not to mention completely destroying the playerbase's trust in any promises the devs make.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
I think Imp Eggs are the way to go as well
Even if it's not technically illegal to break a Kickstarter promise it just feels like a not great thing to do
I mean do we know for sure that none of the original Kickstarter are playing the game? Or care that this item they were told was limited edition only possible if you support this crazy idea will now be made available? Not to mention the aforementioned economy problems
Imp eggs just seem like the best of both worlds to me
You don't break your promise to Kickstarter fans (who if they are still here have been playing for many years now and deserve to be rewarded for their time not punished because new people want a chance at a very rare item) and people who want Imperial G1s can still get imperial G1s! That's just my take though
I think Imp Eggs are the way to go as well
Even if it's not technically illegal to break a Kickstarter promise it just feels like a not great thing to do
I mean do we know for sure that none of the original Kickstarter are playing the game? Or care that this item they were told was limited edition only possible if you support this crazy idea will now be made available? Not to mention the aforementioned economy problems
Imp eggs just seem like the best of both worlds to me
You don't break your promise to Kickstarter fans (who if they are still here have been playing for many years now and deserve to be rewarded for their time not punished because new people want a chance at a very rare item) and people who want Imperial G1s can still get imperial G1s! That's just my take though
7-E69-CC0-E-479-E-40-B9-8-FB2-AC593-E37125-A.png 7qe8XEN.png
What kind of *exceptional* task would be worth giving a G1 Imperial Egg as a reward, because I don't see anything bigger than giving 30$ to a website project, with no guarantee that the site will be successful in any way.

Gem shop releases aren't a risk, so that's out. FR is now a successful site.
Galore or anything free is also not an option.

If you want to rerelease Gen 1 Imps, it has to be for something equivalent to the original backers, and really, I don't see anything fair.

What kind of *exceptional* task would be worth giving a G1 Imperial Egg as a reward, because I don't see anything bigger than giving 30$ to a website project, with no guarantee that the site will be successful in any way.

Gem shop releases aren't a risk, so that's out. FR is now a successful site.
Galore or anything free is also not an option.

If you want to rerelease Gen 1 Imps, it has to be for something equivalent to the original backers, and really, I don't see anything fair.

[quote name="Screenmaster" date="2020-10-21 14:51:09" ] I mean do we know for sure that none of the original Kickstarter are playing the game? [/quote]There most definitely are still KS backers that play the game.
Screenmaster wrote on 2020-10-21 14:51:09:
I mean do we know for sure that none of the original Kickstarter are playing the game?
There most definitely are still KS backers that play the game.
ZQGfAQY.png
I'd say no support on the scrolls re-releasing, but support on Imp eggs. "It's breaking the original intent" is just as invalid of an excuse as "but I want a G1 Imp!!" in my opinion since the intent was KS-only scrolls, so I don't think it holds water. I'm not saying it's impossible that was the intent, but unless the original KS agreement said "You'll have one of the only G1 Imps on the site!" or something direct/unambiguous then you can't really make that assumption.

But because scrolls were KS-only, I think FR should keep their promise. Eggs not only wouldn't break the promise, but wouldn't even break the spirit - because you still get random colors/etc. upon hatching, you DON'T get to apply the scroll to a dragon you pre-picked with genes, colors, old age, ID, etc. that you want. It'd let people have G1 imps without giving up everything to try and get the money, but not take away the specialness/agreement on the scrolls.
I'd say no support on the scrolls re-releasing, but support on Imp eggs. "It's breaking the original intent" is just as invalid of an excuse as "but I want a G1 Imp!!" in my opinion since the intent was KS-only scrolls, so I don't think it holds water. I'm not saying it's impossible that was the intent, but unless the original KS agreement said "You'll have one of the only G1 Imps on the site!" or something direct/unambiguous then you can't really make that assumption.

But because scrolls were KS-only, I think FR should keep their promise. Eggs not only wouldn't break the promise, but wouldn't even break the spirit - because you still get random colors/etc. upon hatching, you DON'T get to apply the scroll to a dragon you pre-picked with genes, colors, old age, ID, etc. that you want. It'd let people have G1 imps without giving up everything to try and get the money, but not take away the specialness/agreement on the scrolls.
aaa aC86tUH.png
q3Me7tJ.png
jA5A7gu.png
cdqdRxL.png
oczO35g.png
aaaaaaaaaaa
g69Uo46.png
a
aaaaaaaa J7D1quC.png
5hF3FGk.png
BzjAkuF.png
joJNm4P.png
[quote name="Cassofish" date="2020-10-21 15:15:07" ] I'd say no support on the scrolls re-releasing, but support on Imp eggs. "It's breaking the original intent" is just as invalid of an excuse as "but I want a G1 Imp!!" in my opinion since the intent was KS-only scrolls, so I don't think it holds water. I'm not saying it's impossible that was the intent, but unless the original KS agreement said "You'll have one of the only G1 Imps on the site!" or something direct/unambiguous then you can't really make that assumption. But because scrolls were KS-only, I think FR should keep their promise. Eggs not only wouldn't break the promise, but wouldn't even break the spirit - because you still get random colors/etc. upon hatching, you DON'T get to apply the scroll to a dragon you pre-picked with genes, colors, old age, ID, etc. that you want. It'd let people have G1 imps without giving up everything to try and get the money, but not take away the specialness/agreement on the scrolls. [/quote] Actually the [url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stormlightworkshop/flight-rising-0]Kickstarter[/url] referred to the imperial [b]breed[/b] as kickstarter exclusive so eggs would also break the intent as it referred to the breed as Kickstarter exclusive and not the scroll. “This tier grants you an item that will turn one of your dragons into our [b]Kickstarter-only[/b] Imperial breed.” All imperial dragons are descended from dragons that were a result of a player funding the Kickstarter and should remain that way. The scrolls were merely the mechanism to get the breed which was the true reward
Cassofish wrote on 2020-10-21 15:15:07:

Actually the Kickstarter referred to the imperial breed as kickstarter exclusive so eggs would also break the intent as it referred to the breed as Kickstarter exclusive and not the scroll. “This tier grants you an item that will turn one of your dragons into our Kickstarter-only Imperial breed.”

All imperial dragons are descended from dragons that were a result of a player funding the Kickstarter and should remain that way. The scrolls were merely the mechanism to get the breed which was the true reward
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
KS items in Roundsey are donated by players and the devs' friends and family who want to let them go. They are never taken from banned or inactive accounts. On a related note, they've also said imp scrolls/g1 imps will never appear in Roundsey. Not sure why so many people think the items are taken from banned accounts when it was very clearly stated on release that they are not. [quote][b]If Roundsey will have retired items, does that mean Imperial breed change scrolls or Imperial dragons?[/b] No, Imperial breed scrolls and Imperial dragons will not be offered as prizes in the raffles. Our reason for this exclusion is straightforward: In order to ensure the smallest possible impact to the existing economy, we can’t bring this item back or add new First Generation Imperial dragons, as they have an inherent and immediate influence on the dragon population and breeding market. [b]Okay, but how about items from the Kickstarter?[/b] As a team, we do not want to increase the amount of these items beyond those that already exist. These items are rewards and thank you gifts to our earliest supporters. If a Kickstarter item becomes an available prize, it will come from the existing count, meaning that they will be voluntarily donated from play (non-developer) accounts of the Flight Rising staff and those of our friends and family.[/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405
KS items in Roundsey are donated by players and the devs' friends and family who want to let them go. They are never taken from banned or inactive accounts. On a related note, they've also said imp scrolls/g1 imps will never appear in Roundsey. Not sure why so many people think the items are taken from banned accounts when it was very clearly stated on release that they are not.
Quote:
If Roundsey will have retired items, does that mean Imperial breed change scrolls or Imperial dragons?

No, Imperial breed scrolls and Imperial dragons will not be offered as prizes in the raffles. Our reason for this exclusion is straightforward: In order to ensure the smallest possible impact to the existing economy, we can’t bring this item back or add new First Generation Imperial dragons, as they have an inherent and immediate influence on the dragon population and breeding market.

Okay, but how about items from the Kickstarter?

As a team, we do not want to increase the amount of these items beyond those that already exist. These items are rewards and thank you gifts to our earliest supporters. If a Kickstarter item becomes an available prize, it will come from the existing count, meaning that they will be voluntarily donated from play (non-developer) accounts of the Flight Rising staff and those of our friends and family.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support. Gen1s are vanity items, essentially. Just because people want Gen1 imps doesn't mean that should invalidate the promise given to the people who backed the site so people can have Imperials now. I don't think any new Gen1 Imperials - through any means - should be added to the site.
No support. Gen1s are vanity items, essentially. Just because people want Gen1 imps doesn't mean that should invalidate the promise given to the people who backed the site so people can have Imperials now. I don't think any new Gen1 Imperials - through any means - should be added to the site.
Sunder-Planets-Shaded-And-Bio-1-png.pngtortoise-beetle-shine-final.gif
Hot take; y'all who are saying devs can exploit "loopholes" in the KS "intent" in order to give you things you feel entitled to are just that; entitled. How will it reflect on the devs if they loopholed their way out of a contract or into a cash grab (for those who suggested IRL $ purchases of imp scrolls/eggs)? And for what, exactly? There are so many imps, any specific color/gene/eye combo is (eventually) possible. G1 dragons have value only because the userbase gave them one. Wanting a G1 imp and demanding that devs exploit any kind of loophole in a contract so that you can get one is really selfish.
Hot take; y'all who are saying devs can exploit "loopholes" in the KS "intent" in order to give you things you feel entitled to are just that; entitled. How will it reflect on the devs if they loopholed their way out of a contract or into a cash grab (for those who suggested IRL $ purchases of imp scrolls/eggs)? And for what, exactly? There are so many imps, any specific color/gene/eye combo is (eventually) possible. G1 dragons have value only because the userbase gave them one. Wanting a G1 imp and demanding that devs exploit any kind of loophole in a contract so that you can get one is really selfish.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote] [quote]honestly they could use it to expand the site servers and add better security as well as fund better or even limited edition merchandise like those suggestions we often see talking about stuff like dragon puzzles and games. As it stands, what they have for merch is... Well. It's cool I guess...[/quote] They have the gem and real life merchandise shop to afford this. That's what our purchases are supposed to fund. They 100% don't need another Kickstarter for this. [/quote] ......you missed the part where I said this was a stupid idea. The whole thing. Kickstarter and egg/ gen1 imperial rewards/ whatever else mentioned in my post, which you conveniently left out. Fact is I don't support return of gen1 imperials.
Quote:
Quote:
honestly they could use it to expand the site servers and add better security as well as fund better or even limited edition merchandise like those suggestions we often see talking about stuff like dragon puzzles and games. As it stands, what they have for merch is... Well. It's cool I guess...

They have the gem and real life merchandise shop to afford this. That's what our purchases are supposed to fund.

They 100% don't need another Kickstarter for this.

......you missed the part where I said this was a stupid idea. The whole thing. Kickstarter and egg/ gen1 imperial rewards/ whatever else mentioned in my post, which you conveniently left out.

Fact is I don't support return of gen1 imperials.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22