Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Subscription / Patreon for dragons
1 2 3 4
Absolutely not

Every game with “VIP” programs just shaft their non paying users
Absolutely not

Every game with “VIP” programs just shaft their non paying users
sBdLZtA.png
Please no. Back in the day I used to play FooPets, which was actually a lot of fun for me and it was free to play. However, like many other sites, they got greedy and having membership wasn't just a quality of life thing anymore. It changed the game drastically to where you basically needed membership to do anything, which included selling and buying pets from other users, and interacting on the forums.

This is an extreme example, but I would prefer FR stay away from this method. They CAN be successful without it and I'd rather not have yet another subscription-based site.
Please no. Back in the day I used to play FooPets, which was actually a lot of fun for me and it was free to play. However, like many other sites, they got greedy and having membership wasn't just a quality of life thing anymore. It changed the game drastically to where you basically needed membership to do anything, which included selling and buying pets from other users, and interacting on the forums.

This is an extreme example, but I would prefer FR stay away from this method. They CAN be successful without it and I'd rather not have yet another subscription-based site.
No support, almost all games with features like this I've played before ended in pure drama (Like animal jam with the whole "members are better" thing)
No support, almost all games with features like this I've played before ended in pure drama (Like animal jam with the whole "members are better" thing)
0QBdK7N.png
That would be a pay-to-win or at least pay-to-speed kind of thing- absolutely not. Gem sales make enough money along with the advertisements, and making this game subscription based would turn a LOT of people away.

No support.
That would be a pay-to-win or at least pay-to-speed kind of thing- absolutely not. Gem sales make enough money along with the advertisements, and making this game subscription based would turn a LOT of people away.

No support.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
While I would love a subscription to remove ads guilt-free, that's where it should end imo. I've gotten way too many malware viruses to ever turn off adblock here again, but I'd still like to support the site (I buy a gem pack once in a while to do this, but tossing 5 bucks a month automatically to help the site would be a cool option).

What you've described is considered Pay to Win, and it offers an unfair advantage to players with high disposable income. Sorry, but no support. I've played larger games (Non-WoW MMOs) that RUINED themselves by going Pay to Win.
While I would love a subscription to remove ads guilt-free, that's where it should end imo. I've gotten way too many malware viruses to ever turn off adblock here again, but I'd still like to support the site (I buy a gem pack once in a while to do this, but tossing 5 bucks a month automatically to help the site would be a cool option).

What you've described is considered Pay to Win, and it offers an unfair advantage to players with high disposable income. Sorry, but no support. I've played larger games (Non-WoW MMOs) that RUINED themselves by going Pay to Win.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I think it would be a disaster for a lot of players (me included).

I do buy gems, but there are times when I just can't do that, so I rely on Sales/Chests/Free ones.

Having to regularly subscribe because I have to, rather than when I can afford to is a big no for me.

Once something like this comes in it becomes a grind and a worry (rather than 'Got a bit of spare cash...think I'll buy some gems...Yay! ')

Also it tends to lead to a two tier gaming experience and people are likely to quit, in droves, because however you do it, it's going to be unfair.
I think it would be a disaster for a lot of players (me included).

I do buy gems, but there are times when I just can't do that, so I rely on Sales/Chests/Free ones.

Having to regularly subscribe because I have to, rather than when I can afford to is a big no for me.

Once something like this comes in it becomes a grind and a worry (rather than 'Got a bit of spare cash...think I'll buy some gems...Yay! ')

Also it tends to lead to a two tier gaming experience and people are likely to quit, in droves, because however you do it, it's going to be unfair.
Looking for Tidelord...wN876Zm.gif1dguu_IKpr_Ds_S6_ETJ.gif
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2020-09-14 06:45:41" ] While I would love a subscription to remove ads guilt-free, that's where it should end imo. I've gotten way too many malware viruses to ever turn off adblock here again, but I'd still like to support the site (I buy a gem pack once in a while to do this, but tossing 5 bucks a month automatically to help the site would be a cool option). What you've described is considered Pay to Win, and it offers an unfair advantage to players with high disposable income. Sorry, but no support. I've played larger games (Non-WoW MMOs) that RUINED themselves by going Pay to Win. [/quote] This I wouldn't mind, but I agree with everyone else saying that flight rising should not introduce any kind of p2w features. Anyone remember Howrse? I really enjoyed it for a few years. Then they introduced VIP and a whole ton of p2w events and I kinda... left. I don't want to see FR go down the same road.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2020-09-14 06:45:41:

This I wouldn't mind, but I agree with everyone else saying that flight rising should not introduce any kind of p2w features. Anyone remember Howrse? I really enjoyed it for a few years. Then they introduced VIP and a whole ton of p2w events and I kinda... left. I don't want to see FR go down the same road.
wq9PoXA.png
There has never been a game I played with premium memberships outside of maybe one that has handled it well. The odds of this going anyway but badly is highly unlikely.
There has never been a game I played with premium memberships outside of maybe one that has handled it well. The odds of this going anyway but badly is highly unlikely.
We really don't need premium FR.
We really don't need premium FR.
Nah, no thank you.
I like the way it's done right now. The current system is fair.
I buy gems every now and then because I like the way the admins run things.
Nah, no thank you.
I like the way it's done right now. The current system is fair.
I buy gems every now and then because I like the way the admins run things.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

1 2 3 4