Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Subscription / Patreon for dragons
1 2 3 4
Flight Rising is fairly unique in that you can go your whole gameplay without spending a dime of real-world currency and it won't affect how much you can do in-game. Yes, it would take you a looooong time to save up for gem MP items without outright buying gems. But you can do it. I've saved up enough gems to buy a few gem marketplace apparel items. It's gonna take me a long while to save up for the Pose Change scroll, because I simply can't afford to spend real-world money on gems. But I can do it.

There are no genes or breeds that you can't simply breed into your lair. Want a gem gene or breed? Guarantee you can find a derg with those specs on the AH for fodder price and then just breed it until you get the dragon you want.

This is what really makes FR a special game that's accessible regardless of your IRL income, and I would hate for any of that to be taken away by a subscription service. No support.
Flight Rising is fairly unique in that you can go your whole gameplay without spending a dime of real-world currency and it won't affect how much you can do in-game. Yes, it would take you a looooong time to save up for gem MP items without outright buying gems. But you can do it. I've saved up enough gems to buy a few gem marketplace apparel items. It's gonna take me a long while to save up for the Pose Change scroll, because I simply can't afford to spend real-world money on gems. But I can do it.

There are no genes or breeds that you can't simply breed into your lair. Want a gem gene or breed? Guarantee you can find a derg with those specs on the AH for fodder price and then just breed it until you get the dragon you want.

This is what really makes FR a special game that's accessible regardless of your IRL income, and I would hate for any of that to be taken away by a subscription service. No support.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
i've quit every single game i've ever played that had a subscription service because without fail they instantly reoriented themselves to be scummy grindfests that were impossible to play if you weren't a spoiled rich kid with thousands to blow each month. it's already more than impossible enough for poor people to find anything to play to escape our already goddamn helllish with capitalism and not having enough money for anything reality, the last thing we need is even more games reinforcing that we're not allowed to have anything. and without fail, every single game i've ever seen introduce a subscription service also lost most of their userbase and collapsed into struggling obscurity and increasingly terrible quality of updates afterwards. you add a subscription service, it's never going to be possible to get an update that doesn't revolve exclusively around it again. period.
i've quit every single game i've ever played that had a subscription service because without fail they instantly reoriented themselves to be scummy grindfests that were impossible to play if you weren't a spoiled rich kid with thousands to blow each month. it's already more than impossible enough for poor people to find anything to play to escape our already goddamn helllish with capitalism and not having enough money for anything reality, the last thing we need is even more games reinforcing that we're not allowed to have anything. and without fail, every single game i've ever seen introduce a subscription service also lost most of their userbase and collapsed into struggling obscurity and increasingly terrible quality of updates afterwards. you add a subscription service, it's never going to be possible to get an update that doesn't revolve exclusively around it again. period.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
There are already so many premium membership programs in the world. The ads here are relatively unobtrusive and there's a thread dedicated to report the ones that are actually disruptive or potentially harmful. Gems are relatively easy to obtain compared to the premium currencies on other petsites that I've played in the past.

This has more potential harm than potential good. No support.
There are already so many premium membership programs in the world. The ads here are relatively unobtrusive and there's a thread dedicated to report the ones that are actually disruptive or potentially harmful. Gems are relatively easy to obtain compared to the premium currencies on other petsites that I've played in the past.

This has more potential harm than potential good. No support.
28 | they/them | my username is banana + nan
This reminded me of how the Early access game Fer. al when it added in it's season passes instead of flat out purchases or in game purchase/ quest items, I kind of got discouraged.
Like I'll purchase and play anyway cause I really like the items you got, but I have just been playing the game less than I was previously.

So if we were to take my experience, that would just kill site traffic and actually cost FR more money.
Aside from the fact of me making the game purchase.
This reminded me of how the Early access game Fer. al when it added in it's season passes instead of flat out purchases or in game purchase/ quest items, I kind of got discouraged.
Like I'll purchase and play anyway cause I really like the items you got, but I have just been playing the game less than I was previously.

So if we were to take my experience, that would just kill site traffic and actually cost FR more money.
Aside from the fact of me making the game purchase.
sAhQN8T.png1c269cdf42db7da4517ef214bf24f65e1fab3421.png 79bdf3e03f26ca763990aa3f58ff36a432f37c6b.pngfyRIUHP.png
[quote name="HawkstarTheking" date="2020-09-20 23:08:32" ] This reminded me of how the Early access game Fer. al when it added in it's season passes instead of flat out purchases or in game purchase/ quest items, I kind of got discouraged. [/quote] the exact thing happened to me and probably many others- the ways for f2p people to acquire valuable items just evaporated. i wouldve quit if i hadn't gotten some good stuff beforehand and im sure this would happen in fr too
HawkstarTheking wrote on 2020-09-20 23:08:32:
the exact thing happened to me and probably many others-

the ways for f2p people to acquire valuable items just evaporated. i wouldve quit if i hadn't gotten some good stuff beforehand and im sure this would happen in fr too
ttGfSL1.png
1 2 3 4