Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Viewing your liked dragons
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Lilacskye" date="2020-06-08 14:20:51" ] Support!! I was just talking about this! The whole point of liking dragons for me is so that I can go back and look at them again [/quote]
Lilacskye wrote on 2020-06-08 14:20:51:
Support!! I was just talking about this! The whole point of liking dragons for me is so that I can go back and look at them again
He/Him | Gryffindor | Lawful Good | Sagittarius | FR+2

MZeTqmO.png
[quote name="Stormfly" date="2021-04-21 13:26:28" ] Currently I use this to show appreciation for cool dragons and help people with their like goals. I hand out likes willy nilly with no reason simply because its fun and it makes other people happy. I like that likes are a small appreciative feature that do not have any purpose other than making people happy that their dragons got a like. If I started curating that to only dragons I wanted to come back to and using this as a bookmarking feature (which I absolutely would), I wouldn't like very many dragons at all, and I would be actively unliking dragons that would clutter up the likes history. Ive liked hundreds of dragons at this point, and not only would that be awful to load, but it'd be a pain to go back through to unlike them all so I could flag only my favorites. [/quote] Yeah, this is pretty much also my problem with it. I've had a very "no thoughts head empty" approach to liking dragons, and this would really make me rethink the dragons I've been leaving likes on. However, I really like this feature idea, and I'm in full support of it regardless. I think the likes are kind of useless as-is, and it feels... I don't know, kind of like a popularity contest? And I'm not a big fan of that. If likes were there for a purpose, I don't think I would have as many mixed feelings about them. Right now, literally the only reason I use them is because I saw a cool dragon. This makes them something.
Stormfly wrote on 2021-04-21 13:26:28:
Currently I use this to show appreciation for cool dragons and help people with their like goals. I hand out likes willy nilly with no reason simply because its fun and it makes other people happy.
I like that likes are a small appreciative feature that do not have any purpose other than making people happy that their dragons got a like.
If I started curating that to only dragons I wanted to come back to and using this as a bookmarking feature (which I absolutely would), I wouldn't like very many dragons at all, and I would be actively unliking dragons that would clutter up the likes history. Ive liked hundreds of dragons at this point, and not only would that be awful to load, but it'd be a pain to go back through to unlike them all so I could flag only my favorites.

Yeah, this is pretty much also my problem with it. I've had a very "no thoughts head empty" approach to liking dragons, and this would really make me rethink the dragons I've been leaving likes on.

However, I really like this feature idea, and I'm in full support of it regardless. I think the likes are kind of useless as-is, and it feels... I don't know, kind of like a popularity contest? And I'm not a big fan of that. If likes were there for a purpose, I don't think I would have as many mixed feelings about them. Right now, literally the only reason I use them is because I saw a cool dragon. This makes them something.
143973s64ei05ghw.gif
1294430j4ozkwci0p.gif
487019ciadv6xfmv.gif
892701w3ywmqn4c6.gif
they/them, 21
ninbinarycatcher.png
I would rather have the anon like system that we have now and add bookmarks personally but heck yea to a way to see liked or saved dragons
I would rather have the anon like system that we have now and add bookmarks personally but heck yea to a way to see liked or saved dragons

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
God, I wish this was a feature. There are so many beautiful dragons I've liked and I can't remember where they are or who's lair they're in. How am I supposed to go back and fawn over all the pretty babies??????
God, I wish this was a feature. There are so many beautiful dragons I've liked and I can't remember where they are or who's lair they're in. How am I supposed to go back and fawn over all the pretty babies??????
helloworld za7hf8g.png
about-icons-1.png
about-icons-2.png
about-icons-3.png

mWO2AY3.png
I take it this is still not a feature? Was just looking to see if there was a way to go back to previously liked dragons and landed here. I do like the idea of both having a "Liked" and "Saved" option - maybe you could save from recently liked dragons into a separate list? Or split the button into two, one side for like and one for save, so you can quickly do both if desired. I'm thinking of a system similar to reddit's upvotes vs saved list to be quite honest, minus the downvotes obviously. Thread necro-ing tax: the dragon that inspired this search and comment, who was on the front page [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/30913081][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/309131/30913081_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
I take it this is still not a feature? Was just looking to see if there was a way to go back to previously liked dragons and landed here. I do like the idea of both having a "Liked" and "Saved" option - maybe you could save from recently liked dragons into a separate list? Or split the button into two, one side for like and one for save, so you can quickly do both if desired. I'm thinking of a system similar to reddit's upvotes vs saved list to be quite honest, minus the downvotes obviously.

Thread necro-ing tax: the dragon that inspired this search and comment, who was on the front page
30913081_350.png
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
Stormfly's post sums up how i feel about the likes system. i also would like to add that giving likes is more about making that player feel good about their dragons. something about turning this simple, random nice gesture into a whole bookmark/save system personally for the one giving them out just isn't the same. it needs to be a separate system altogether.

perhaps when liking a dragon, a popup to "bookmark" it to a whole separate page could happen: so you can give out small nods of appreciation to some while curating another list for yourself.
Stormfly's post sums up how i feel about the likes system. i also would like to add that giving likes is more about making that player feel good about their dragons. something about turning this simple, random nice gesture into a whole bookmark/save system personally for the one giving them out just isn't the same. it needs to be a separate system altogether.

perhaps when liking a dragon, a popup to "bookmark" it to a whole separate page could happen: so you can give out small nods of appreciation to some while curating another list for yourself.
yzUX307.png
[quote name="Ratiasu" date="2022-04-21 13:56:00" ] Stormfly's post sums up how i feel about the likes system. i also would like to add that giving likes is more about making that player feel good about their dragons. something about turning this simple, random nice gesture into a whole bookmark/save system personally for the one giving them out just isn't the same. it needs to be a separate system altogether. perhaps when liking a dragon, a popup to "bookmark" it to a whole separate page could happen: so you can give out small nods of appreciation to some while curating another list for yourself. [/quote] I fully agree with this
Ratiasu wrote on 2022-04-21 13:56:00:

I fully agree with this
qnvBIHK.png
I just simply support this!
I just simply support this!
No support for logging liked dragons because many people that feel okay using it now would actively thin their list of dragons and wouldn't be as willing to like if this was implemented. I'd rather just get some kind of bookmark or favorite feature instead so that likes can still exist as a simple nod to the owner but people who want to keep a list of dragons can do that as well.
No support for logging liked dragons because many people that feel okay using it now would actively thin their list of dragons and wouldn't be as willing to like if this was implemented. I'd rather just get some kind of bookmark or favorite feature instead so that likes can still exist as a simple nod to the owner but people who want to keep a list of dragons can do that as well.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
Support, I only ever "like" dragons whose designs I... well, like! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] I think it's a shame there's no way for me to go back and see those. It wouldn't have to be a public list or anything, but some kind of bookmark feature would be super useful- both for threads and for dragons, tbh. I don't want to subscribe to every useful thread (so many notifications...) but there's nothing else built into the site to keep track of things.
Support, I only ever "like" dragons whose designs I... well, like!

I think it's a shame there's no way for me to go back and see those. It wouldn't have to be a public list or anything, but some kind of bookmark feature would be super useful- both for threads and for dragons, tbh. I don't want to subscribe to every useful thread (so many notifications...) but there's nothing else built into the site to keep track of things.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
1 2 3 4 5