Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reset hibden on purchased dragons
1 2
I always worry about doing this to other folks when I sell fodder (since i hibden my fodder until it grows up), and I just had it happen to myself.

I bought a dragon for a project, that was on hibden cooldown, and now I can't put him in my projects tab because it's in my hibden.

I suppose there could be problems with this, but removing the cooldown for dragons sold on the ah is something I'd like to bring to the table.
I always worry about doing this to other folks when I sell fodder (since i hibden my fodder until it grows up), and I just had it happen to myself.

I bought a dragon for a project, that was on hibden cooldown, and now I can't put him in my projects tab because it's in my hibden.

I suppose there could be problems with this, but removing the cooldown for dragons sold on the ah is something I'd like to bring to the table.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
@StannyWolfie

I think the reason this feature wasn't included from the beginning was that it introduces an obvious loophole to cooldowns; you can 'sell' a dragon to a friend to wipe its cooldown, then buy it back and den it right away.

But I understand your frustration - I've been on both sides of that exact situation, buying project dragons on cooldown and having someone request dragons out of my own HD.

An option that would help would be to allow us to trade/transfer a dragon directly between our Hibernal Den and someone else's. While that wouldn't help if you're buying dragons off the public AH, sales like this are usually arranged via message anyhow - someone finds what they need via Dragon Search only to realize it's in the fodder tab of someone's HD.
@StannyWolfie

I think the reason this feature wasn't included from the beginning was that it introduces an obvious loophole to cooldowns; you can 'sell' a dragon to a friend to wipe its cooldown, then buy it back and den it right away.

But I understand your frustration - I've been on both sides of that exact situation, buying project dragons on cooldown and having someone request dragons out of my own HD.

An option that would help would be to allow us to trade/transfer a dragon directly between our Hibernal Den and someone else's. While that wouldn't help if you're buying dragons off the public AH, sales like this are usually arranged via message anyhow - someone finds what they need via Dragon Search only to realize it's in the fodder tab of someone's HD.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
IMO, that's one of the built-in, intended downsides to hibden use: If you store your for-sale dragons in the den, you're inconveniencing your buyers and that might have an impact on any sales you make.

The hibden adds convenience in the form of being able to sit on LARGE numbers of dragons for mass sales/auctions. Selling many dragons is often easier than selling one dragon because of the hype it generates. THe downside is that you have to be intentional about when and why you remove them from the den, and you may lose buyers who can't afford the lair space.
IMO, that's one of the built-in, intended downsides to hibden use: If you store your for-sale dragons in the den, you're inconveniencing your buyers and that might have an impact on any sales you make.

The hibden adds convenience in the form of being able to sit on LARGE numbers of dragons for mass sales/auctions. Selling many dragons is often easier than selling one dragon because of the hype it generates. THe downside is that you have to be intentional about when and why you remove them from the den, and you may lose buyers who can't afford the lair space.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
I agree with what Lara8 said. It exists for a reason. However, a fair compromise would be allowing den to den trades.
I agree with what Lara8 said. It exists for a reason. However, a fair compromise would be allowing den to den trades.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Even if they won't reset the cooldown -or account lock it, so if you trade a dragon to someone else it gets reset for them and then if it comes back to your lair it has the cooldown returned. Which would require a lot of data tracking. I'd really appreciate a item that would complete the cooldown. If the point of the Den is to reduce feeding costs and the cooldown is meant to penalize people who pull dragons out and then want to return them early... Then let us brew an item that requires 90 food points (3 pts per day for 30 days of cooldown) worth of ingredients, a treasure fee, and maybe some [item=coffee bean hawkmoth] just for the amusement value, as a wake-up potion that resets the cooldown on a dragon. You've fed the dragon the same as you would have if they sat in your lair being a pain in the neck for a month. You've paid a fee and used some Baldwin time so you're still being punished, but then there's an [i]active [/i]alternative to just waiting for 30 days. Den to den trades sounds like a nice option, and I'd like that too. But it's worthless for purchases from the AH, and I'd like something that works for that, since at least for me? That's the constant nagging hassle. Not person to person trades/purchases.
Even if they won't reset the cooldown -or account lock it, so if you trade a dragon to someone else it gets reset for them and then if it comes back to your lair it has the cooldown returned. Which would require a lot of data tracking.

I'd really appreciate a item that would complete the cooldown. If the point of the Den is to reduce feeding costs and the cooldown is meant to penalize people who pull dragons out and then want to return them early... Then let us brew an item that requires 90 food points (3 pts per day for 30 days of cooldown) worth of ingredients, a treasure fee, and maybe some
Coffee Bean Hawkmoth just for the amusement value, as a wake-up potion that resets the cooldown on a dragon. You've fed the dragon the same as you would have if they sat in your lair being a pain in the neck for a month. You've paid a fee and used some Baldwin time so you're still being punished, but then there's an active alternative to just waiting for 30 days.

Den to den trades sounds like a nice option, and I'd like that too. But it's worthless for purchases from the AH, and I'd like something that works for that, since at least for me? That's the constant nagging hassle. Not person to person trades/purchases.
Full support. I use my den to keep my gen 1s safe from accidental breeding and other dumb mistakes, and I'd love it if I could shove any new gen 1 in my den immediately when I buy one. I usually avoid buying dragons with a den cooldown because waiting for it to end just so I can move my new dragon to a different part of my lair for peace of mind is frustrating.

I'd much prefer it if den cooldowns where an account locked thing, so if a dragon changes hands buyers are not being punished by being saddled with a 30 day wait or any extra costs to buy items to reduce/remove cooldowns if they want to put their new dragon safely in their den, but if the dragon is returned to the previous owner for whatever reason the cooldown resumes from where ever it left off before it left the lair.
Full support. I use my den to keep my gen 1s safe from accidental breeding and other dumb mistakes, and I'd love it if I could shove any new gen 1 in my den immediately when I buy one. I usually avoid buying dragons with a den cooldown because waiting for it to end just so I can move my new dragon to a different part of my lair for peace of mind is frustrating.

I'd much prefer it if den cooldowns where an account locked thing, so if a dragon changes hands buyers are not being punished by being saddled with a 30 day wait or any extra costs to buy items to reduce/remove cooldowns if they want to put their new dragon safely in their den, but if the dragon is returned to the previous owner for whatever reason the cooldown resumes from where ever it left off before it left the lair.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2020-02-25 20:36:33" ] Even if they won't reset the cooldown -or account lock it, so if you trade a dragon to someone else it gets reset for them and then if it comes back to your lair it has the cooldown returned. Which would require a lot of data tracking. I'd really appreciate a item that would complete the cooldown. If the point of the Den is to reduce feeding costs and the cooldown is meant to penalize people who pull dragons out and then want to return them early... Then let us brew an item that requires 90 food points (3 pts per day for 30 days of cooldown) worth of ingredients, a treasure fee, and maybe some [item=coffee bean hawkmoth] just for the amusement value, as a wake-up potion that resets the cooldown on a dragon. You've fed the dragon the same as you would have if they sat in your lair being a pain in the neck for a month. You've paid a fee and used some Baldwin time so you're still being punished, but then there's an [i]active [/i]alternative to just waiting for 30 days. Den to den trades sounds like a nice option, and I'd like that too. But it's worthless for purchases from the AH, and I'd like something that works for that, since at least for me? That's the constant nagging hassle. Not person to person trades/purchases. [/quote] I had this idea myself a few days ago and have been kicking around the idea of making a post here about it. I get the point of the cooldown but it's such an inconvenience to get a dragon that you want to put in your own Hibden for some reason, but can't because it's currently on a cooldown. I personally use my Hibden for dragons I don't plan on breeding, ones who don't have mates, or ones who need Genes and aren't part of one of my hatchery pairs. Unfortunately, numerous dragons I get that would normally go into my Hibden b/c they fall under one or more of those are on a cooldown, usually for close to the full month.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2020-02-25 20:36:33:
Even if they won't reset the cooldown -or account lock it, so if you trade a dragon to someone else it gets reset for them and then if it comes back to your lair it has the cooldown returned. Which would require a lot of data tracking.

I'd really appreciate a item that would complete the cooldown. If the point of the Den is to reduce feeding costs and the cooldown is meant to penalize people who pull dragons out and then want to return them early... Then let us brew an item that requires 90 food points (3 pts per day for 30 days of cooldown) worth of ingredients, a treasure fee, and maybe some
Coffee Bean Hawkmoth just for the amusement value, as a wake-up potion that resets the cooldown on a dragon. You've fed the dragon the same as you would have if they sat in your lair being a pain in the neck for a month. You've paid a fee and used some Baldwin time so you're still being punished, but then there's an active alternative to just waiting for 30 days.

Den to den trades sounds like a nice option, and I'd like that too. But it's worthless for purchases from the AH, and I'd like something that works for that, since at least for me? That's the constant nagging hassle. Not person to person trades/purchases.

I had this idea myself a few days ago and have been kicking around the idea of making a post here about it. I get the point of the cooldown but it's such an inconvenience to get a dragon that you want to put in your own Hibden for some reason, but can't because it's currently on a cooldown. I personally use my Hibden for dragons I don't plan on breeding, ones who don't have mates, or ones who need Genes and aren't part of one of my hatchery pairs. Unfortunately, numerous dragons I get that would normally go into my Hibden b/c they fall under one or more of those are on a cooldown, usually for close to the full month.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
I get that this is annoying but the cooldown is there for a reason and this would make it very easy to get around. It would also increase exalt profits which would drive treasure inflation up even more.
I get that this is annoying but the cooldown is there for a reason and this would make it very easy to get around. It would also increase exalt profits which would drive treasure inflation up even more.
No support, it'd be so easily abused if it were reset. I would support an item to reduce it, though.
No support, it'd be so easily abused if it were reset. I would support an item to reduce it, though.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support for a free removal of the cooldown, big support for den-to-den trades and/or an item to remove the cooldown
No support for a free removal of the cooldown, big support for den-to-den trades and/or an item to remove the cooldown
!! signature under construction !!
1 2