Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Trade/transfer between Hibernal Dens
1 2
If you have a dragon in your Hibernal Den, and want to sell, trade, or otherwise transfer that dragon to another player, you must withdraw it, triggering the HD cooldown, before doing so; now the new owner can't put it in their HD for a month.

It would be nice if there were an option to deliver a dragon directly from your Hibernal Den to someone else's. Could be via the Crossroads or a separate mechanic.

I know the HD is intended specifically for dragons to not be interacted with, but neither user in cases like this want to interact with the dragon; it's just changing ownership.

Of course, the recipient would need sufficient space in their den to accept them, and there should be a prominent notice that this is a HD-to-HD transfer so they don't go looking for the dragon in their lair and get confused.
If you have a dragon in your Hibernal Den, and want to sell, trade, or otherwise transfer that dragon to another player, you must withdraw it, triggering the HD cooldown, before doing so; now the new owner can't put it in their HD for a month.

It would be nice if there were an option to deliver a dragon directly from your Hibernal Den to someone else's. Could be via the Crossroads or a separate mechanic.

I know the HD is intended specifically for dragons to not be interacted with, but neither user in cases like this want to interact with the dragon; it's just changing ownership.

Of course, the recipient would need sufficient space in their den to accept them, and there should be a prominent notice that this is a HD-to-HD transfer so they don't go looking for the dragon in their lair and get confused.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I would like this!

I think it's fair - the dragon is still asleep, someone is just moving their bed.
I would like this!

I think it's fair - the dragon is still asleep, someone is just moving their bed.
Nq0eoGi.png
[quote name="Cadash" date="2019-05-13 17:41:52" ]the dragon is still asleep, someone is just moving their bed.[/quote] The mental image of some poor soul(s) trying to move a fully grown guardian or imperial to an entirely different lair is extremely entertaining XD More on topic, I'm not sure if I would prefer this or another suggestion that when dragons change hands, their HD timers are wiped. This one makes more sense to me personally, if they go from HD to HD, since there can be nothing gained from it except, well, a new dragon. With the other, I feel like that is a loophole somewhere, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what I thought the loophole was. Either way, I do really like this suggestion!
Cadash wrote on 2019-05-13 17:41:52:
the dragon is still asleep, someone is just moving their bed.

The mental image of some poor soul(s) trying to move a fully grown guardian or imperial to an entirely different lair is extremely entertaining XD

More on topic, I'm not sure if I would prefer this or another suggestion that when dragons change hands, their HD timers are wiped. This one makes more sense to me personally, if they go from HD to HD, since there can be nothing gained from it except, well, a new dragon. With the other, I feel like that is a loophole somewhere, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what I thought the loophole was. Either way, I do really like this suggestion!
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2019-05-13 17:50:06" ] With the other, I feel like that is a loophole somewhere, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what I thought the loophole was. Either way, I do really like this suggestion! [/quote] I think that would be Person A wants to breed a dragon but its in the den, sends dragon to person B, gets the HD cool down reset, person b sends dragon back, and person A takes the 5 days to breed, then tosses the dragon back in the HD?
SeaCrest wrote on 2019-05-13 17:50:06:
With the other, I feel like that is a loophole somewhere, but I'm so tired right now I can't remember what I thought the loophole was. Either way, I do really like this suggestion!

I think that would be Person A wants to breed a dragon but its in the den, sends dragon to person B, gets the HD cool down reset, person b sends dragon back, and person A takes the 5 days to breed, then tosses the dragon back in the HD?
Nq0eoGi.png
Support! This seems reasonable.
Support! This seems reasonable.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I would rather see the current HD cooldown simply reduced. Like @/Cadash pointed out, wiping the HD cooldown when a dragon is transferred to another player can be abused. Reducing the cooldown to something like 10-15 days would be the simplest solution imo. It's long enough that you still need to carefully consider who you're going to stick in the Den, but it's short enough that if you change your mind or make a mistake, or if you buy a dragon off the AH who just came out of the Den, you're only waiting a week or two at most and not a month.

And maybe, just maybe, I can consider putting my breeding pairs with long CDs in the Den instead of having to keep all +40 of them in my active lair because I have no interest in dealing with an unnecessarily long CD.
I would rather see the current HD cooldown simply reduced. Like @/Cadash pointed out, wiping the HD cooldown when a dragon is transferred to another player can be abused. Reducing the cooldown to something like 10-15 days would be the simplest solution imo. It's long enough that you still need to carefully consider who you're going to stick in the Den, but it's short enough that if you change your mind or make a mistake, or if you buy a dragon off the AH who just came out of the Den, you're only waiting a week or two at most and not a month.

And maybe, just maybe, I can consider putting my breeding pairs with long CDs in the Den instead of having to keep all +40 of them in my active lair because I have no interest in dealing with an unnecessarily long CD.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I support the direct den-to-den trade without triggering the cooldown. When selling or trading gen 1 dragons, which often wait a long time to sell and then wait again in the hibernal den until the (new) owner gathers the resources necessary to gene them, it seems like it could be quite common to send a dragon straight from one den to another. It avoids the aforementioned abuse risk while allowing certain specific types of dragons to sell more easily.
I support the direct den-to-den trade without triggering the cooldown. When selling or trading gen 1 dragons, which often wait a long time to sell and then wait again in the hibernal den until the (new) owner gathers the resources necessary to gene them, it seems like it could be quite common to send a dragon straight from one den to another. It avoids the aforementioned abuse risk while allowing certain specific types of dragons to sell more easily.
36FLPq9.pngawOvDXW.png
Den to Den trades would be very nice! Its penalizing the new buyer for something they didn't do how it is now.
Den to Den trades would be very nice! Its penalizing the new buyer for something they didn't do how it is now.
tumblr_nq0dlcmuyk1svbq5wo1_540.png
I often hold dragons for a friend of mine who doesn't have treasure to expand her lair, and recently I started putting them in the Den. With a Den-to-Den transfer, she wouldn't have to wait a month to put them in her Den once I give them to her.
I often hold dragons for a friend of mine who doesn't have treasure to expand her lair, and recently I started putting them in the Den. With a Den-to-Den transfer, she wouldn't have to wait a month to put them in her Den once I give them to her.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
Just ran into another situation where being able to do this would have been very helpful. Someone requested to buy a dragon I had in my HD. It's a pre-leveled fodderg, so I'm happy to sell.

However, A) now the buyer won't be able to put her in their den if they wish to, and B) if they happen to change their mind about purchasing, I won't be able to put her back in mine.

I would have no personal objection to cooldowns being wiped upon sale, but I can understand why the possibility for loopholes might make the staff choose not to implement that.

However, den-to-den could not be similarly abused because no one could take 'awake actions' such as coli or breeding with the dragon until someone withdraws it from the den, triggering cooldown as normal.
Just ran into another situation where being able to do this would have been very helpful. Someone requested to buy a dragon I had in my HD. It's a pre-leveled fodderg, so I'm happy to sell.

However, A) now the buyer won't be able to put her in their den if they wish to, and B) if they happen to change their mind about purchasing, I won't be able to put her back in mine.

I would have no personal objection to cooldowns being wiped upon sale, but I can understand why the possibility for loopholes might make the staff choose not to implement that.

However, den-to-den could not be similarly abused because no one could take 'awake actions' such as coli or breeding with the dragon until someone withdraws it from the den, triggering cooldown as normal.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2