Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding mechanic suggestion (eyes)
1 2 3 4 5
No there wouldn't be an "overload". (Except that Uncommon eyes would be the new Common.)

Quote:
1% Primal vs. 0.5% Primal = 47.5% Common vs. 48% Common
1% Multi-gaze vs. 0.5% Multi-gaze = 47.5% Common vs. 48% Common
2% Faceted vs. 1% Faceted = 47% Common vs. 48% Common
18% Rare vs. 9% Rare = 39% Common vs 48% Common
30% Unusual vs. 15% Unusual = 33% Common vs. 48% Common
50% Uncommon vs. 25% Uncommon = 23% Common vs. 48% Common

The only problem that I can see is Uncommon eyes being too common.

Edit: If the eye types are in the same range, e.g. Primal and Multi-gaze, odds are calculated normally. I'm not including Goat eyes because they were introduced later.

This suggestion isn't meant to solve the old dragon, new eyes problem.
No there wouldn't be an "overload". (Except that Uncommon eyes would be the new Common.)

Quote:
1% Primal vs. 0.5% Primal = 47.5% Common vs. 48% Common
1% Multi-gaze vs. 0.5% Multi-gaze = 47.5% Common vs. 48% Common
2% Faceted vs. 1% Faceted = 47% Common vs. 48% Common
18% Rare vs. 9% Rare = 39% Common vs 48% Common
30% Unusual vs. 15% Unusual = 33% Common vs. 48% Common
50% Uncommon vs. 25% Uncommon = 23% Common vs. 48% Common

The only problem that I can see is Uncommon eyes being too common.

Edit: If the eye types are in the same range, e.g. Primal and Multi-gaze, odds are calculated normally. I'm not including Goat eyes because they were introduced later.

This suggestion isn't meant to solve the old dragon, new eyes problem.
To me the issue of having such a slight increase is that it becomes a question of why bother implementing it. If there isn't a noticable increase in odds, and you are changing how a mechanic works to add it, why?

Not to mention you have to also take into account just how many dragons are bred each day. Small changes can have huge effects when you are talking about thousands of dragons being bred.

Again, I wouldn't really care if this were added, I just don't really see a point, if this is going to result in a huge number of tints being bred, which they already are, but aren't going to really do anything for the eye variants a great many people would be breeding for.
To me the issue of having such a slight increase is that it becomes a question of why bother implementing it. If there isn't a noticable increase in odds, and you are changing how a mechanic works to add it, why?

Not to mention you have to also take into account just how many dragons are bred each day. Small changes can have huge effects when you are talking about thousands of dragons being bred.

Again, I wouldn't really care if this were added, I just don't really see a point, if this is going to result in a huge number of tints being bred, which they already are, but aren't going to really do anything for the eye variants a great many people would be breeding for.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Eh, kind of neutral, leaning to no support I like having primal and multi being that bit rarer, FR is a breeding game afterall and though its a pain, part of the fun of breeding is when you're randomly breeding a fodder pair and get a primal and have to deal with this ugly yet special dragon in your lair. I feel even if its only a little percentage, people will want to buy primals to breed to mass produce pricey babies. And though it wouldn't be an overload, I feel primals and other special eyes would just feel... less special. But at the same time prices would most likely go up as everyone want a primal pair And like mentioned before, I don't care about eye types unless its [emoji=special eyes size=1] so having my pairs like only produce rare eyes for example would be slightly annoying as I like variety in my hatchlings, not to mention projects aiming for common or something would find it annoying if they happened to have the parents both with uncommon also, are eye types battling against eachother or leeching off of common? (ie. if I have faceted pair, would they be less unlikely to just have common or rather less unlikely to have anything else?) I mean, there's nothing too bad about it, it just seems to add more frustration to hatcheries/pair owners than less
Eh, kind of neutral, leaning to no support

I like having primal and multi being that bit rarer, FR is a breeding game afterall and though its a pain, part of the fun of breeding is when you're randomly breeding a fodder pair and get a primal and have to deal with this ugly yet special dragon in your lair.

I feel even if its only a little percentage, people will want to buy primals to breed to mass produce pricey babies. And though it wouldn't be an overload, I feel primals and other special eyes would just feel... less special. But at the same time prices would most likely go up as everyone want a primal pair

And like mentioned before, I don't care about eye types unless its so having my pairs like only produce rare eyes for example would be slightly annoying as I like variety in my hatchlings, not to mention projects aiming for common or something would find it annoying if they happened to have the parents both with uncommon

also, are eye types battling against eachother or leeching off of common? (ie. if I have faceted pair, would they be less unlikely to just have common or rather less unlikely to have anything else?)

I mean, there's nothing too bad about it, it just seems to add more frustration to hatcheries/pair owners than less
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2019-09-14 06:31:51" ] To me the issue of having such a slight increase is that it becomes a question of why bother implementing it. If there isn't a noticable increase in odds, and you are changing how a mechanic works to add it, why? Not to mention you have to also take into account just how many dragons are bred each day. Small changes can have huge effects when you are talking about thousands of dragons being bred.[/quote] First you say the change is too little, then you say the change is too much. Dragons with special eyes are already fodder. Thousands of Primal and Multi-gaze have been exalted. I prefer Unusual eyes to Common eyes for my new hatchlings, and I want this mechanic. It would be useful for the people who prefer special eyes to Common eyes.
Jemadar wrote on 2019-09-14 06:31:51:

First you say the change is too little, then you say the change is too much.

Dragons with special eyes are already fodder. Thousands of Primal and Multi-gaze have been exalted.

I prefer Unusual eyes to Common eyes for my new hatchlings, and I want this mechanic. It would be useful for the people who prefer special eyes to Common eyes.
No support, sorry. I don't see the point in adding anything to breading only eye types when we still cannot get these types on already existing dragons. [emoji=guardian sad size=2]
No support, sorry.

I don't see the point in adding anything to breading only eye types when we still cannot get these types on already existing dragons.
Nq0eoGi.png
@Cadash

This suggestion has nothing to do with already existing dragons

It doesn't seem fair to not support it just because it doesn't solve the 'old dragon, new eyes' problem ;-;
@Cadash

It doesn't seem fair to not support it just because it doesn't solve the 'old dragon, new eyes' problem ;-;
@LemonySnacket

> leeching off of common.

You can buy a Vial of Tempered Sight for 2.5kT if you wouldn't like to produce more of a certain eye type... so it doesn't have to be frustrating.

It is a noticeable increase in odds, but only noticeable to the people who care. People who don't care can ignore it; people who don't like it can get rid of it; people who like it can enjoy it.
@LemonySnacket

> leeching off of common.

You can buy a Vial of Tempered Sight for 2.5kT if you wouldn't like to produce more of a certain eye type... so it doesn't have to be frustrating.

It is a noticeable increase in odds, but only noticeable to the people who care. People who don't care can ignore it; people who don't like it can get rid of it; people who like it can enjoy it.
[quote name="@pfvupl" date="2019-09-14 10:13:20" ] This suggestion has nothing to do with already existing dragons It doesn't seem fair to not support it just because it doesn't solve the 'old dragon, new eyes' problem ;-; [/quote] Most of the time, I would agree with this. I don't like to post no support on a given thing just because I would prefer the staff do a similar thing instead. But after what happened with Goat vials, the general air of 'okay, this fixed the problem of unattainable natural eyes, you can all stop complaining now', ignoring the many reasons elaborated upon elsewhere that [i]no it didn't[/i], I don't really want to see a tweak like this, which does little to help with breeding projects and nothing at all to help older dragons, be implemented while so many more versatile possibilities fall by the wayside.
@pfvupl wrote on 2019-09-14 10:13:20:

Most of the time, I would agree with this. I don't like to post no support on a given thing just because I would prefer the staff do a similar thing instead.

But after what happened with Goat vials, the general air of 'okay, this fixed the problem of unattainable natural eyes, you can all stop complaining now', ignoring the many reasons elaborated upon elsewhere that no it didn't, I don't really want to see a tweak like this, which does little to help with breeding projects and nothing at all to help older dragons, be implemented while so many more versatile possibilities fall by the wayside.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
You know what would help both breeders (looking to get specific eyes on dragons) AND old dragons? Vials of every type available around the site at all times.
You know what would help both breeders (looking to get specific eyes on dragons) AND old dragons? Vials of every type available around the site at all times.
Nq0eoGi.png
[quote name="Lara8" date="2019-09-14 11:18:31" ] [quote name="@/pfvupl" date="2019-09-14 10:13:20" ] This suggestion has nothing to do with already existing dragons It doesn't seem fair to not support it just because it doesn't solve the 'old dragon, new eyes' problem ;-; [/quote] Most of the time, I would agree with this. I don't like to post no support on a given thing just because I would prefer the staff do a similar thing instead. But after what happened with Goat vials, the general air of 'okay, this fixed the problem of unattainable natural eyes, you can all stop complaining now', ignoring the many reasons elaborated upon elsewhere that [i]no it didn't[/i], I don't really want to see a tweak like this, which does little to help with breeding projects and nothing at all to help older dragons, be implemented while so many more versatile possibilities fall by the wayside. [/quote] This exactly. With a staff as small as FR's, we're likely only to get one solution per problem (if any). For example, concerning names/Unnamed on offspring lists, the nickname and hide offspring suggestions are most popular because they're the most versatile--they solve the most aspects of the problem. Concerning the whole eye-pocalypse, this just isn't the best solution. If FR rolled this suggestion out, it's very unlikely we'd see individual eye vials, eye transfers, a new scatterscroll, or any other eye mechanic. I say no support in general not because this suggestion isn't feasible or is bad or anything. I'm inclined to no support because there are better solutions out there, and I don't want to see those solutions barred for something mediocre that doesn't address many facets of the whole eye-pocalypse.
Lara8 wrote on 2019-09-14 11:18:31:
@/pfvupl wrote on 2019-09-14 10:13:20:

Most of the time, I would agree with this. I don't like to post no support on a given thing just because I would prefer the staff do a similar thing instead.

But after what happened with Goat vials, the general air of 'okay, this fixed the problem of unattainable natural eyes, you can all stop complaining now', ignoring the many reasons elaborated upon elsewhere that no it didn't, I don't really want to see a tweak like this, which does little to help with breeding projects and nothing at all to help older dragons, be implemented while so many more versatile possibilities fall by the wayside.
This exactly. With a staff as small as FR's, we're likely only to get one solution per problem (if any). For example, concerning names/Unnamed on offspring lists, the nickname and hide offspring suggestions are most popular because they're the most versatile--they solve the most aspects of the problem.

Concerning the whole eye-pocalypse, this just isn't the best solution. If FR rolled this suggestion out, it's very unlikely we'd see individual eye vials, eye transfers, a new scatterscroll, or any other eye mechanic. I say no support in general not because this suggestion isn't feasible or is bad or anything. I'm inclined to no support because there are better solutions out there, and I don't want to see those solutions barred for something mediocre that doesn't address many facets of the whole eye-pocalypse.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2 3 4 5