Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding mechanic suggestion (eyes)
1 2 3 4 5
I'm not going to object to this, but it doesn't solve one of the main problems--putting new eyes on old dragons. MANY players have dragons they cannot replace (for lore, sentiment, G1, progens, special IDs, special hatch dates, memorial dragons, gifts etc)--they cannot re-breed for an identical clone with different eyes. That's why we would still need some type of individual vials, cycling scatterscrolls, eye transfer, eye quest or whatnot mechanic.
I'm not going to object to this, but it doesn't solve one of the main problems--putting new eyes on old dragons. MANY players have dragons they cannot replace (for lore, sentiment, G1, progens, special IDs, special hatch dates, memorial dragons, gifts etc)--they cannot re-breed for an identical clone with different eyes. That's why we would still need some type of individual vials, cycling scatterscrolls, eye transfer, eye quest or whatnot mechanic.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-09-10 12:24:46" ] No support, at all. Breeding projects involving eyes are already profoundly awful. This would make it so much worse. You'd end up having to choose between dragons/pairs capable of increasing your odds of getting the eyes or ones with correct colors/genes/breed depending on what you are going for. Because unless you're looking for something dead common? You're very very unlikely to find breeding partners with the right qualities AND one of the rarest eye types. [/quote] I don't really understand this argument- how does the *option* existing hurt you? If, as people are suggesting, the chances exclude common and only eat into the odds for common (which I think they should) then the choice is between what we have now- you lose nothing- or a pair with the proper eyes- a possible gain. In no situation is it worse, that I can see.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-09-10 12:24:46:
No support, at all. Breeding projects involving eyes are already profoundly awful. This would make it so much worse. You'd end up having to choose between dragons/pairs capable of increasing your odds of getting the eyes or ones with correct colors/genes/breed depending on what you are going for. Because unless you're looking for something dead common? You're very very unlikely to find breeding partners with the right qualities AND one of the rarest eye types.
I don't really understand this argument- how does the *option* existing hurt you? If, as people are suggesting, the chances exclude common and only eat into the odds for common (which I think they should) then the choice is between what we have now- you lose nothing- or a pair with the proper eyes- a possible gain. In no situation is it worse, that I can see.
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="@BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-09-10 17:32:22" ] [quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-09-10 12:24:46" ] No support, at all. Breeding projects involving eyes are already profoundly awful. This would make it so much worse. You'd end up having to choose between dragons/pairs capable of increasing your odds of getting the eyes or ones with correct colors/genes/breed depending on what you are going for. Because unless you're looking for something dead common? You're very very unlikely to find breeding partners with the right qualities AND one of the rarest eye types. [/quote] I don't really understand this argument- how does the *option* existing hurt you? If, as people are suggesting, the chances exclude common and only eat into the odds for common (which I think they should) then the choice is between what we have now- you lose nothing- or a pair with the proper eyes- a possible gain. In no situation is it worse, that I can see. [/quote] Because its [b]really[/b] unlikely they're going to give us multiple separate solutions to the problems with the eyes. Especially when one involves completely revamping the way the eyes function with breeding into exactly what they designed it not to be. And this one? Does nothing for 90% of the problems. Actually.... It does nothing for them at all that i can see. It does virtually nothing for people with breeding projects, unless they happen to have parents with multi/primal/whatever eyes who also have all the right qualities they are breeding for, and very little for them unless the odds are dramatically increased. It does nothing for people who are virtually locked out of the eyes on existing dragons. And it's not likely to add any real value to dragons [i]with[/i] the eyes unless they are already valuable for breeding stock. All this would do is make the "rarest" type eyes even less rare and they are already going for fodder rates on a regular basis. Virtually no benefit in return for a bunch of changes and coding. So yeah I don't support. I'd like something that actually improves the situation. And making breeding-only eyes....more breeding-only isn't it.
@BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2019-09-10 17:32:22:
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-09-10 12:24:46:
No support, at all. Breeding projects involving eyes are already profoundly awful. This would make it so much worse. You'd end up having to choose between dragons/pairs capable of increasing your odds of getting the eyes or ones with correct colors/genes/breed depending on what you are going for. Because unless you're looking for something dead common? You're very very unlikely to find breeding partners with the right qualities AND one of the rarest eye types.
I don't really understand this argument- how does the *option* existing hurt you? If, as people are suggesting, the chances exclude common and only eat into the odds for common (which I think they should) then the choice is between what we have now- you lose nothing- or a pair with the proper eyes- a possible gain. In no situation is it worse, that I can see.

Because its really unlikely they're going to give us multiple separate solutions to the problems with the eyes. Especially when one involves completely revamping the way the eyes function with breeding into exactly what they designed it not to be.

And this one? Does nothing for 90% of the problems. Actually.... It does nothing for them at all that i can see.
It does virtually nothing for people with breeding projects, unless they happen to have parents with multi/primal/whatever eyes who also have all the right qualities they are breeding for, and very little for them unless the odds are dramatically increased.
It does nothing for people who are virtually locked out of the eyes on existing dragons.
And it's not likely to add any real value to dragons with the eyes unless they are already valuable for breeding stock.

All this would do is make the "rarest" type eyes even less rare and they are already going for fodder rates on a regular basis. Virtually no benefit in return for a bunch of changes and coding. So yeah I don't support. I'd like something that actually improves the situation. And making breeding-only eyes....more breeding-only isn't it.
Just want to clarify, indeed I figured that if you have two dragons with breeding-only eye types: Uncommon / Unusual / Rare (even Faceted / Multi-gaze / Primal) and breed them this would eat into the odds of Common eyes.

Kind of like the Masuda method in Pokémon games, sort of.

This suggestion isn't meant to benefit older dragons, or change eye types retroactively, which is a separate issue.
Just want to clarify, indeed I figured that if you have two dragons with breeding-only eye types: Uncommon / Unusual / Rare (even Faceted / Multi-gaze / Primal) and breed them this would eat into the odds of Common eyes.

Kind of like the Masuda method in Pokémon games, sort of.

This suggestion isn't meant to benefit older dragons, or change eye types retroactively, which is a separate issue.
I am slightly torn.

On the one hand, this would probably help players who have rare eyed dragons get more, but on the other hand, it basically does nothing to fix any problems that players have brought up about natural eyes.

It would simply give the ability to players with those eye variants the ability to make more of them slightly easier/quicker, which in turn would make those eye variants deflate faster than they already have.

I think I have to say no support, but I honestly wouldn't really care if this were added. I don't think it actually would be beneficial to the site (but don't think it would actively hurt it either since most special eyed dragons are fodder anyway) and require coding changes that aren't really needed.
I am slightly torn.

On the one hand, this would probably help players who have rare eyed dragons get more, but on the other hand, it basically does nothing to fix any problems that players have brought up about natural eyes.

It would simply give the ability to players with those eye variants the ability to make more of them slightly easier/quicker, which in turn would make those eye variants deflate faster than they already have.

I think I have to say no support, but I honestly wouldn't really care if this were added. I don't think it actually would be beneficial to the site (but don't think it would actively hurt it either since most special eyed dragons are fodder anyway) and require coding changes that aren't really needed.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'm just worried this'd end up with a Furvilla-minipets situation. How it worked there (and one of the reasons a ton of people quit the site fairly quickly) was, to get a shot at a pet of a higher rarity, you had to have the rarity below it... and the odds were weighted. Your odds of getting the highest-rarity minipet were something around the lines of less than 5%, and all the pets had a cooldown. Oh yeah, and breeding any set of pets could give any outcome. So that 5% mostly just gave you the Common pets. It was... a mess. If you had to breed your way up the eye types tree... whoo nelly. That'd indeed be a mess here. Not that eye types aren't already kinda a mess, but even moreso.

On the other hand, if it was just a way to kinda edge the more common eye types out of the pool, that would be the exact opposite. But, uh, see Jemadar's post for a more thorough analysis there. I guess ultimately I agree with 'em.
I'm just worried this'd end up with a Furvilla-minipets situation. How it worked there (and one of the reasons a ton of people quit the site fairly quickly) was, to get a shot at a pet of a higher rarity, you had to have the rarity below it... and the odds were weighted. Your odds of getting the highest-rarity minipet were something around the lines of less than 5%, and all the pets had a cooldown. Oh yeah, and breeding any set of pets could give any outcome. So that 5% mostly just gave you the Common pets. It was... a mess. If you had to breed your way up the eye types tree... whoo nelly. That'd indeed be a mess here. Not that eye types aren't already kinda a mess, but even moreso.

On the other hand, if it was just a way to kinda edge the more common eye types out of the pool, that would be the exact opposite. But, uh, see Jemadar's post for a more thorough analysis there. I guess ultimately I agree with 'em.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2019-09-10 18:30:08" ] Because its [b]really[/b] unlikely they're going to give us multiple separate solutions to the problems with the eyes. Especially when one involves completely revamping the way the eyes function with breeding into exactly what they designed it not to be. And this one? Does nothing for 90% of the problems. Actually.... It does nothing for them at all that i can see. It does virtually nothing for people with breeding projects, unless they happen to have parents with multi/primal/whatever eyes who also have all the right qualities they are breeding for, and very little for them unless the odds are dramatically increased.[/quote] Yeah, this is one eye suggestion I don't see helping a lot. This is what you currently have to do for breeding projects: 1. Breed your dream dragon via standard project methods. 2. If they don't have the right eyes, breed them an identical but unrelated mate of the opposite gender. 3. Mash dragons together every cooldown until desired eyes appear. If you already got the right eyes on both parents, then probably one of them is your dream dragon already, so you don't need to bother with step 3 anyway.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2019-09-10 18:30:08:
Because its really unlikely they're going to give us multiple separate solutions to the problems with the eyes. Especially when one involves completely revamping the way the eyes function with breeding into exactly what they designed it not to be.

And this one? Does nothing for 90% of the problems. Actually.... It does nothing for them at all that i can see.
It does virtually nothing for people with breeding projects, unless they happen to have parents with multi/primal/whatever eyes who also have all the right qualities they are breeding for, and very little for them unless the odds are dramatically increased.

Yeah, this is one eye suggestion I don't see helping a lot.

This is what you currently have to do for breeding projects:

1. Breed your dream dragon via standard project methods.

2. If they don't have the right eyes, breed them an identical but unrelated mate of the opposite gender.

3. Mash dragons together every cooldown until desired eyes appear.

If you already got the right eyes on both parents, then probably one of them is your dream dragon already, so you don't need to bother with step 3 anyway.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I like this as a concept, but don't think it really fixes any problems? On the one hand, I'd like the ability to increase my odds of getting Rare type eyes with all my pairs, and a large amount of my dragons have Rare eyes, so this would help generally. But it wouldn't help with achieving any breeding projects, because the eyes are usually the last thing to work out. It'd allow more control, so I support, but I also kinda hope something else is done too to fix the larger problems with eyes, so maybe this would end up redundant?
I like this as a concept, but don't think it really fixes any problems? On the one hand, I'd like the ability to increase my odds of getting Rare type eyes with all my pairs, and a large amount of my dragons have Rare eyes, so this would help generally. But it wouldn't help with achieving any breeding projects, because the eyes are usually the last thing to work out. It'd allow more control, so I support, but I also kinda hope something else is done too to fix the larger problems with eyes, so maybe this would end up redundant?
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws
I don't hate the idea, but i'm not sure I like the idea ether.

I think this is what you're suggesting, but I figure I'd put it in writing, just in case you were thinking something else:

If both parents have Uncommon-rare eyes, You're more likely to see hatchlings with Uncommon-rare eyes. This doesn't mean you won't get Goat-primal eye dragons, its just that the range would be skewed too common eyes.

If both parents have Goat-Multigaze, you have a slightly boosted chance, (like 20%?), for seeing rarer eye types. You're most likely just going to see Common-rare eyes, but you in theory, have a slightly boosted chance.

If the parents have eyes that are in different rages, Or one of the parents is a common eye or a primal eye, eye types are calculated as they currently are. (Common, only because there is a buyable scroll to revert all dragon eyes to common. Thus, anyone with breeding projects could convert one of the dragons to have common eyes, in order to avoid this entire thing!)

Primals are always 1%, and like common, are kind of 'out of the range' so to speak.
I don't hate the idea, but i'm not sure I like the idea ether.

I think this is what you're suggesting, but I figure I'd put it in writing, just in case you were thinking something else:

If both parents have Uncommon-rare eyes, You're more likely to see hatchlings with Uncommon-rare eyes. This doesn't mean you won't get Goat-primal eye dragons, its just that the range would be skewed too common eyes.

If both parents have Goat-Multigaze, you have a slightly boosted chance, (like 20%?), for seeing rarer eye types. You're most likely just going to see Common-rare eyes, but you in theory, have a slightly boosted chance.

If the parents have eyes that are in different rages, Or one of the parents is a common eye or a primal eye, eye types are calculated as they currently are. (Common, only because there is a buyable scroll to revert all dragon eyes to common. Thus, anyone with breeding projects could convert one of the dragons to have common eyes, in order to avoid this entire thing!)

Primals are always 1%, and like common, are kind of 'out of the range' so to speak.
No support. Doesn’t really help, there would be a overload of primal / rare eyes / etc in the ah.
No support. Doesn’t really help, there would be a overload of primal / rare eyes / etc in the ah.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
1 2 3 4 5