Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Breeding mechanic suggestion (eyes)
1 2 3 4 5
@Jemadar It couldn't make it harder than it already is. If you can't find two Faceted/Multi-gaze/Primal that fit your project, the odds would be the same as they currently are. The uphill battle would be the same! Just because you couldn't benefit from it now, it doesn't make things [i]harder.[/i] The option would still be there and could benefit you later on. Breeding projects can span generations. Regardless, odds will have to be recalculated with each new Natural eye type released. It seems that new Natural eye types will take away from Common, as in Goat. While it's true that we may run out of Common (percentage) to nibble away at (as in Uncommon eyes being too common if odds are doubled, which is a problem) the improved/doubled odds could be capped at some point instead of being doubled across the board; and balanced properly in a way that is beneficial, without being broken. [quote]Then there is also the fact that it also would take a little bit away from the breeding surprise. I don't really get excited when I get rare eyed dragons, because most of the time they are fodder, however, this suggestion could in fact make those instances of getting said dragons even rarer (and it wouldn't make them any more valuable, because fodder dragons are still fodder dragons, no matter what eye type, unless someone is looking for that specific combo of colors) and thus far fewer instances of 'hey look! I just hatched a X baby', especially for those players who do feel that excitement.[/quote] I don't understand what you mean by this, sorry. Chances to hatch X-eyed (e.g. Primal, Unusual, Faceted, etc.) babies would be the same except that if you happened to have e.g. Rare-eyed fodder parents you'd have less Common-eyed fodder and more Rare-eyed fodder instead.
@Jemadar

It couldn't make it harder than it already is. If you can't find two Faceted/Multi-gaze/Primal that fit your project, the odds would be the same as they currently are. The uphill battle would be the same! Just because you couldn't benefit from it now, it doesn't make things harder. The option would still be there and could benefit you later on. Breeding projects can span generations.

Regardless, odds will have to be recalculated with each new Natural eye type released. It seems that new Natural eye types will take away from Common, as in Goat.

While it's true that we may run out of Common (percentage) to nibble away at (as in Uncommon eyes being too common if odds are doubled, which is a problem) the improved/doubled odds could be capped at some point instead of being doubled across the board; and balanced properly in a way that is beneficial, without being broken.

Quote:
Then there is also the fact that it also would take a little bit away from the breeding surprise. I don't really get excited when I get rare eyed dragons, because most of the time they are fodder, however, this suggestion could in fact make those instances of getting said dragons even rarer (and it wouldn't make them any more valuable, because fodder dragons are still fodder dragons, no matter what eye type, unless someone is looking for that specific combo of colors) and thus far fewer instances of 'hey look! I just hatched a X baby', especially for those players who do feel that excitement.

I don't understand what you mean by this, sorry. Chances to hatch X-eyed (e.g. Primal, Unusual, Faceted, etc.) babies would be the same except that if you happened to have e.g. Rare-eyed fodder parents you'd have less Common-eyed fodder and more Rare-eyed fodder instead.
CTF4up6.png
@pfvupl

I agree that none of us can speak for the devs - and of course the implementation of any suggestion isn't under our control. All we can do is offer perspectives and feedback.

However, in my personal opinion, after a year of radio silence on new eye mechanics, this suggestion being implemented would make it less likely that we'd subsequently also get vials (/a transfer feature/some other method/etc), at least any time soon. That's only my guess, but it's the reason I personally don't support.
@pfvupl

I agree that none of us can speak for the devs - and of course the implementation of any suggestion isn't under our control. All we can do is offer perspectives and feedback.

However, in my personal opinion, after a year of radio silence on new eye mechanics, this suggestion being implemented would make it less likely that we'd subsequently also get vials (/a transfer feature/some other method/etc), at least any time soon. That's only my guess, but it's the reason I personally don't support.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8

I think 2 Clanbound Natural Eye Vials could still be released periodically through Galore, even if they changed the breeding mechanic. I'm hoping they do this rather than anything weird/complicated.
@Lara8

I think 2 Clanbound Natural Eye Vials could still be released periodically through Galore, even if they changed the breeding mechanic. I'm hoping they do this rather than anything weird/complicated.
CTF4up6.png
1 2 3 4 5