Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalt Rework
1 2 3 4
I mean this very respectfully, but for many of us, exalting is the fun of the game.

I haven't been playing very long, but I've been involved in two battles now, as an in-flight member last month and an out-of-flight for the one going on right now. Flight Rising is an incredibly open-ended game where you decide what your own objective are -- and logging on every day, buying dragons as cheaply as I can on the Auction House and leveling them up in the Coli, that's what keeps me coming back. Now, I keep to a code -- I never pick up a dragon for free with the intent to exalt it, if I see a dragon priced in a way that looks like a mistake, I contact the owner(s) of the parents -- but exalting is absolutely never something I do to be cruel.

I think it's fun, whether working together with my flight or picking a flight to throw myself behind and support (go Ice!). I don't think of exalting as "deleting" dragons or killing them -- in my lore, my lair is the home of a famous academy where dragons come to train before pledging themselves to one of the gods, the one of the most honorable things a dragon can do.

Once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours to decide what to do with it. If you believe the hard work you did would be ruined by it being exalted, then sell only to people whose intentions you trust.
I mean this very respectfully, but for many of us, exalting is the fun of the game.

I haven't been playing very long, but I've been involved in two battles now, as an in-flight member last month and an out-of-flight for the one going on right now. Flight Rising is an incredibly open-ended game where you decide what your own objective are -- and logging on every day, buying dragons as cheaply as I can on the Auction House and leveling them up in the Coli, that's what keeps me coming back. Now, I keep to a code -- I never pick up a dragon for free with the intent to exalt it, if I see a dragon priced in a way that looks like a mistake, I contact the owner(s) of the parents -- but exalting is absolutely never something I do to be cruel.

I think it's fun, whether working together with my flight or picking a flight to throw myself behind and support (go Ice!). I don't think of exalting as "deleting" dragons or killing them -- in my lore, my lair is the home of a famous academy where dragons come to train before pledging themselves to one of the gods, the one of the most honorable things a dragon can do.

Once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours to decide what to do with it. If you believe the hard work you did would be ruined by it being exalted, then sell only to people whose intentions you trust.
Sam -- she/her/hers, FR +0
Well... yes, you will get heat. Mostly because your stance on this in direct contradiction to the rules and policies of FR.

It's also flying in the face of the entire structure of the game. Dragons are meant to be plentiful far beyond lair capacity. Exaltation is designed to be an honourable way of making money and dealing with the excess.

Your hatchlings are only special to you. To everyone else, they're just a pretty dragon in a sea of other pretty dragons... or potential profit. I'm guessing this has popped up today in particular because of the dom battle that's going on - dragons at what might be considered a 'safe' price are being sniped for training and exaltation.

There's a lot of reasons for dragons to be bought and immediately (or soon after) exalted. They're cheap, or they were an impulse buy, or they were only needed for a single breeding, or someone is breeding the same colour set and wants to thin the competition. All of them are completely valid. Exalting as deliberate harassment is covered by the rules - as is demanding people not exalt your dragons. No change to the fundamental mechanic is required.

And, well. If this is a thing that's super important to you then you may have to consider finding a different game to play. Just as there's no point playing MMOs if you hate multiplayer games, and there's no point playing FR if you want your dragons to be considered automatically precious.
Well... yes, you will get heat. Mostly because your stance on this in direct contradiction to the rules and policies of FR.

It's also flying in the face of the entire structure of the game. Dragons are meant to be plentiful far beyond lair capacity. Exaltation is designed to be an honourable way of making money and dealing with the excess.

Your hatchlings are only special to you. To everyone else, they're just a pretty dragon in a sea of other pretty dragons... or potential profit. I'm guessing this has popped up today in particular because of the dom battle that's going on - dragons at what might be considered a 'safe' price are being sniped for training and exaltation.

There's a lot of reasons for dragons to be bought and immediately (or soon after) exalted. They're cheap, or they were an impulse buy, or they were only needed for a single breeding, or someone is breeding the same colour set and wants to thin the competition. All of them are completely valid. Exalting as deliberate harassment is covered by the rules - as is demanding people not exalt your dragons. No change to the fundamental mechanic is required.

And, well. If this is a thing that's super important to you then you may have to consider finding a different game to play. Just as there's no point playing MMOs if you hate multiplayer games, and there's no point playing FR if you want your dragons to be considered automatically precious.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
The only exaltation rework I'd like to see is a Dom Shop like Fayd's Exaltation Rehaul suggests. More rewards for exalting to encourage more dragons exalted, get more people participating in this vital mechanic of FR.
The only exaltation rework I'd like to see is a Dom Shop like Fayd's Exaltation Rehaul suggests. More rewards for exalting to encourage more dragons exalted, get more people participating in this vital mechanic of FR.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] I noticed a disturbing trend of some players buying dragons of all kinds (even the expensive ones people offer privately on facebook for breeding projects) just to exalt them. Either it's out of spite, or some sick thought in their mind to delete these dragons because it's "fun". I experienced this recently and got very upset, especially when people nickname my dragons to "fodder", "bait", or "cawcaw" meaning they're pretty much useless in their eyes.[/quote] Name them before you sell them, then? Anyone who's exalting fodder for profit will probably appreciate not having to name them, and anyone who's buying probably has the 5kt needed to rename a dragon. Sure sometimes really pretty dragons get exalted, but most dragons just aren't all that rare/easily acquired again. Pretties being bought from breeders then immediately exalted for a huge loss to the exalter is the exception, not the norm. For every dragon exalted like this, there's probably hundreds of ugly/unpopular dragons clogging up the system on the AH. [quote]Players should have the option to select how many babies they'd like to keep from a clutch of eggs.[/quote] Sure? I guess being able to exalt immediately on a nest hatching would be a fine idea, but most exalters train to 7 for the most profit for time spent. [quote]Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well)[/quote] The whole reason exalting exists is to get rid of an overabundance of dragons. This would just be making the problem far worse, especially paired with your "only original hatcher can exalt" idea. [quote]Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.[/quote] So exalting wouldn't yield any money then? That would be a huge hit to the economy, since you'd be limiting money making to the Fairgrounds/Coli, mainly. [quote]In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons. Especially those that are sold with the intention of having it used as a breeding or dressing up project. I'll most likely get some heat for this topic, but I'm tired of my hard work being destroyed when those dragons have potential in the game. Sounds crazy/silly, but I've seen people devastated over this happening to them as well when selling project babies.[/quote] Like someone else said, what do I do if I don't want a dragon but the original hatcher quit? Not to mention that I might not even know the original exalter, since the parents could both be exalted or not in the ownership of the hatcher anymore. If you don't want babies being exalted when you wanted them to become permas, sell them on the forums or something. And once they're in your lair, they're your dragons. The seller made the choice to sell them, and once they're gone they aren't under your jurisdiction anymore. Ultimately, there's far more dragons in the system than anyone wants. A million dragons get hatched every month, meanwhile the max cap for a lair is something like 175, and most people aren't even there yet. For any popular color combination, you can search and find [i]thousands[/i] of the exact same thing. Most dragons just... aren't that special. [quote]A girl on facebook a month or so ago was selling XXX color babies that looked amazing. She charged about 30kT per baby and someone bought majority of them and exalted them immediately. Needless to say she was very upset, and others were trying to find out who it was. Exalting needs to change.[/quote] That's unfortunate, but we don't need to change the entire exalting system because there are sometimes less fortunate results. She could also sell exclusively to forum or Facebook users, or check to see that they aren't exalting lairs?
Archangelbee wrote on 2019-08-07 14:17:41:
I noticed a disturbing trend of some players buying dragons of all kinds (even the expensive ones people offer privately on facebook for breeding projects) just to exalt them. Either it's out of spite, or some sick thought in their mind to delete these dragons because it's "fun". I experienced this recently and got very upset, especially when people nickname my dragons to "fodder", "bait", or "cawcaw" meaning they're pretty much useless in their eyes.

Name them before you sell them, then? Anyone who's exalting fodder for profit will probably appreciate not having to name them, and anyone who's buying probably has the 5kt needed to rename a dragon. Sure sometimes really pretty dragons get exalted, but most dragons just aren't all that rare/easily acquired again. Pretties being bought from breeders then immediately exalted for a huge loss to the exalter is the exception, not the norm. For every dragon exalted like this, there's probably hundreds of ugly/unpopular dragons clogging up the system on the AH.

Quote:
Players should have the option to select how many babies they'd like to keep from a clutch of eggs.

Sure? I guess being able to exalt immediately on a nest hatching would be a fine idea, but most exalters train to 7 for the most profit for time spent.
Quote:
Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well)

The whole reason exalting exists is to get rid of an overabundance of dragons. This would just be making the problem far worse, especially paired with your "only original hatcher can exalt" idea.
Quote:
Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.

So exalting wouldn't yield any money then? That would be a huge hit to the economy, since you'd be limiting money making to the Fairgrounds/Coli, mainly.

Quote:
In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons. Especially those that are sold with the intention of having it used as a breeding or dressing up project. I'll most likely get some heat for this topic, but I'm tired of my hard work being destroyed when those dragons have potential in the game. Sounds crazy/silly, but I've seen people devastated over this happening to them as well when selling project babies.

Like someone else said, what do I do if I don't want a dragon but the original hatcher quit? Not to mention that I might not even know the original exalter, since the parents could both be exalted or not in the ownership of the hatcher anymore. If you don't want babies being exalted when you wanted them to become permas, sell them on the forums or something. And once they're in your lair, they're your dragons. The seller made the choice to sell them, and once they're gone they aren't under your jurisdiction anymore.

Ultimately, there's far more dragons in the system than anyone wants. A million dragons get hatched every month, meanwhile the max cap for a lair is something like 175, and most people aren't even there yet. For any popular color combination, you can search and find thousands of the exact same thing. Most dragons just... aren't that special.
Quote:
A girl on facebook a month or so ago was selling XXX color babies that looked amazing. She charged about 30kT per baby and someone bought majority of them and exalted them immediately. Needless to say she was very upset, and others were trying to find out who it was.

Exalting needs to change.

That's unfortunate, but we don't need to change the entire exalting system because there are sometimes less fortunate results. She could also sell exclusively to forum or Facebook users, or check to see that they aren't exalting lairs?
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
Honestly, if FR were to implement what you've suggested, that would just make the situation way, way worse. There's already more dragons than anyone knows what to do with, hence why fodder exists in the first place.

The system works fine as it is, as in, it's doing what is intended by the devs. If anything, people need to exalt more or breed less. People already have a hard time as it is giving dragons away for free, but at least as things are now, being able to level and exalt fodder makes every adult dragon worth at least 6.5kt. If exalting were removed, then dragons would actually become completely worthless.
Honestly, if FR were to implement what you've suggested, that would just make the situation way, way worse. There's already more dragons than anyone knows what to do with, hence why fodder exists in the first place.

The system works fine as it is, as in, it's doing what is intended by the devs. If anything, people need to exalt more or breed less. People already have a hard time as it is giving dragons away for free, but at least as things are now, being able to level and exalt fodder makes every adult dragon worth at least 6.5kt. If exalting were removed, then dragons would actually become completely worthless.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
No Support

My biggest issue with this idea is it would promote adding dragons to the game without a way to remove them. Having only the sell be able to exalt is NOT a valid way to remove dragons from the game: people sell dragons, and once they leave, they're likely never going to return to that lair, and, therefore, can never be exalted again.

This would also have a couple effects I can think of right now:
- Less dragon buying/selling will occur since exalting is one of the biggest reasons they're bought is for exalting
- Players will run out of lair space more easily since you can't exalt dragons now, you need to sell them (which is harder as stated)

I just can't see this working because of the emphasis on adding dragons without being able to remove them. Space is also limited for a lot of players, and that can causes issues.
No Support

My biggest issue with this idea is it would promote adding dragons to the game without a way to remove them. Having only the sell be able to exalt is NOT a valid way to remove dragons from the game: people sell dragons, and once they leave, they're likely never going to return to that lair, and, therefore, can never be exalted again.

This would also have a couple effects I can think of right now:
- Less dragon buying/selling will occur since exalting is one of the biggest reasons they're bought is for exalting
- Players will run out of lair space more easily since you can't exalt dragons now, you need to sell them (which is harder as stated)

I just can't see this working because of the emphasis on adding dragons without being able to remove them. Space is also limited for a lot of players, and that can causes issues.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
No support. This is just a terrible idea for all the reasons already said.
No support. This is just a terrible idea for all the reasons already said.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I pretty much disagree with all of this.

Having the race be about hatched dragons instead of exalted ones makes the game pay to win, wince Boons can be bought to facilitate higher hatch-rates.

Why shouldn't I be able to exalt dragons I have paid for? The dragons I've bought are my dragons. If I've had a dragon for 3 years that I no longer want, why shouldn't I be able to exalt it for points if I want?

I also don't like the idea of exalting a certain number of eggs. I think nests should be discarded wholesale, or put up with. Cherrypicking is not something I agree with.

Sure, so some people are going to get upset if their precious babies are exalted, but it's tough. Just tough. If I want to breed for a specific colour combination and corner the market, I should be allowed to buy up the others and exalt them to keep my prices high. If I want to buy cheap dragons and level them to exalt them for profit, I should be allowed to.

Once people have paid money for dragons... that's it, they aren't the property of the original owner/breeder any more. The end.
I pretty much disagree with all of this.

Having the race be about hatched dragons instead of exalted ones makes the game pay to win, wince Boons can be bought to facilitate higher hatch-rates.

Why shouldn't I be able to exalt dragons I have paid for? The dragons I've bought are my dragons. If I've had a dragon for 3 years that I no longer want, why shouldn't I be able to exalt it for points if I want?

I also don't like the idea of exalting a certain number of eggs. I think nests should be discarded wholesale, or put up with. Cherrypicking is not something I agree with.

Sure, so some people are going to get upset if their precious babies are exalted, but it's tough. Just tough. If I want to breed for a specific colour combination and corner the market, I should be allowed to buy up the others and exalt them to keep my prices high. If I want to buy cheap dragons and level them to exalt them for profit, I should be allowed to.

Once people have paid money for dragons... that's it, they aren't the property of the original owner/breeder any more. The end.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Honestly i can't even be bothered to read most of this. With an opening like that I can already tell this whole thing boils down to, "I don't like it, therefore it should change!" Of course without even considering how this would affect everything and everyone in the long run.

Can't these topics be considered spam at this point??? These topics literally come up weekly, never get any support, and with staff officially stating their stance on sold/exalted dragons aren't these suggestions moot?
Honestly i can't even be bothered to read most of this. With an opening like that I can already tell this whole thing boils down to, "I don't like it, therefore it should change!" Of course without even considering how this would affect everything and everyone in the long run.

Can't these topics be considered spam at this point??? These topics literally come up weekly, never get any support, and with staff officially stating their stance on sold/exalted dragons aren't these suggestions moot?
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons.[/quote]When you sell a dragon it is no longer yours. No one exalts someone else's dragons, they exalt the dragons they own. This would ruin the economy.
Archangelbee wrote on 2019-08-07 14:17:41:
In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons.
When you sell a dragon it is no longer yours. No one exalts someone else's dragons, they exalt the dragons they own.

This would ruin the economy.
ZQGfAQY.png
1 2 3 4