Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalt Rework
1 2 3 4
This is so extreme it almost feels like bait. But, assuming it’s serious, this would literally break the game. Lair space is limited. What happens once people have filled their lairs with dragons they’ve bought but can’t exalt? They’d have to either:
  1. exalt other dragons they’ve hatched and kept
  2. send it to the original breeder to exalt
  3. sell it

1 and 3 result in other players not being able to do 2, because they won’t be able to track down the original breeder. Which means fewer dragons leaving the system and just changing hands instead. Eventually all space will be gone. And as more people run out of space, they won’t be able to buy any more so no one will be able to sell. Lair space runs out, sales stop happening. Without the ability to make room, people won’t be able to hatch new nests so breeding would stop too. Which also kills dominance in this new system. This just breaks so many things that even if I did agree with the ideology behind it (I don’t), I wouldn’t support it because this particular solution flat out does not work
This is so extreme it almost feels like bait. But, assuming it’s serious, this would literally break the game. Lair space is limited. What happens once people have filled their lairs with dragons they’ve bought but can’t exalt? They’d have to either:
  1. exalt other dragons they’ve hatched and kept
  2. send it to the original breeder to exalt
  3. sell it

1 and 3 result in other players not being able to do 2, because they won’t be able to track down the original breeder. Which means fewer dragons leaving the system and just changing hands instead. Eventually all space will be gone. And as more people run out of space, they won’t be able to buy any more so no one will be able to sell. Lair space runs out, sales stop happening. Without the ability to make room, people won’t be able to hatch new nests so breeding would stop too. Which also kills dominance in this new system. This just breaks so many things that even if I did agree with the ideology behind it (I don’t), I wouldn’t support it because this particular solution flat out does not work
Wua5ROf.png
Unfortunately your suggestion would basically kill the site. Maybe literally.

Players are limited to at most 605 dragons. Once they hit this point, they cannot buy or breed more dragons.

Exalting dragons is one of the biggest money makers there is. Removing that means that people who play the site for the economy aspect, or to buy pretties for their special dragons and use exalting to earn money would leave. (or at least be severely handicapped)

There would eventually come a point when no new dragons could be born except to new accounts, simply because only the person who bred the dragon could exalt it. (there may be those players who simply breed their own dragons and exalt).

You can only breed so many dragons in a period, so breeding to exalt only your dragons would be a huge decrease in profits for players, especially if they get plagued with bad luck in the form of 1 or 2 egg nests.

Quite frankly, people on FR (not all, but some) need to realize that if the dragon isn't special enough for them to keep, it most likely won't necessarily be special enough for another player to keep. In other words, if you don't want the dragon to be sold, named something you dislike, and/or exalted, then either do not sell your dragons, name them before selling, or simply do not sell your dragons (yes it bears repeating).

Otherwise, once the dragon is sold, the new owners can do anything they want with the dragon.
Unfortunately your suggestion would basically kill the site. Maybe literally.

Players are limited to at most 605 dragons. Once they hit this point, they cannot buy or breed more dragons.

Exalting dragons is one of the biggest money makers there is. Removing that means that people who play the site for the economy aspect, or to buy pretties for their special dragons and use exalting to earn money would leave. (or at least be severely handicapped)

There would eventually come a point when no new dragons could be born except to new accounts, simply because only the person who bred the dragon could exalt it. (there may be those players who simply breed their own dragons and exalt).

You can only breed so many dragons in a period, so breeding to exalt only your dragons would be a huge decrease in profits for players, especially if they get plagued with bad luck in the form of 1 or 2 egg nests.

Quite frankly, people on FR (not all, but some) need to realize that if the dragon isn't special enough for them to keep, it most likely won't necessarily be special enough for another player to keep. In other words, if you don't want the dragon to be sold, named something you dislike, and/or exalted, then either do not sell your dragons, name them before selling, or simply do not sell your dragons (yes it bears repeating).

Otherwise, once the dragon is sold, the new owners can do anything they want with the dragon.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Hawkfeather" date="2019-08-07 16:06:02" ] send it to the original breeder to exalt [/quote] I think it's worth pointing out that the original owner doesn't need to take it back, and continuing to try returning it for exalting would be harassment.
Hawkfeather wrote on 2019-08-07 16:06:02:
send it to the original breeder to exalt

I think it's worth pointing out that the original owner doesn't need to take it back, and continuing to try returning it for exalting would be harassment.
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
If we revamp exalting so that it's so much more limited, we should also heavily limit breeding on non-progens, so that the system isn't flooded with dragons that won't sell because exalting will be reduced to nothing.

So, either we keep exalting as it is, or we HEAVILY nerf breeding so that the flux of dragons completely slow down to something that's easier to handle.

1) Progens remain the only dragons that can breed forever. They don't need to be nerfed at all, free dragons.

2) Modern breeds get five breedings, starting now. So, if they've been bred 20 times before today, you get another 5 breedings. If they've never been bred? 5 breedings as well.

3) Ancients breeds get only three breedings.

I want to point out that I do not actually want to nerf breeding to this point, but if we nerf exalting, breeding has to be severely limited in return, for balance reasons.

So, either we accept that exalting isn't a bad thing, and that not every dragon will be someone's dream dragon, either we say goodbye to infinite breeding because dragons would not sell anymore.
If we revamp exalting so that it's so much more limited, we should also heavily limit breeding on non-progens, so that the system isn't flooded with dragons that won't sell because exalting will be reduced to nothing.

So, either we keep exalting as it is, or we HEAVILY nerf breeding so that the flux of dragons completely slow down to something that's easier to handle.

1) Progens remain the only dragons that can breed forever. They don't need to be nerfed at all, free dragons.

2) Modern breeds get five breedings, starting now. So, if they've been bred 20 times before today, you get another 5 breedings. If they've never been bred? 5 breedings as well.

3) Ancients breeds get only three breedings.

I want to point out that I do not actually want to nerf breeding to this point, but if we nerf exalting, breeding has to be severely limited in return, for balance reasons.

So, either we accept that exalting isn't a bad thing, and that not every dragon will be someone's dream dragon, either we say goodbye to infinite breeding because dragons would not sell anymore.
Wow, I have seen this put a few ways and this has got to take the cake.

You have many options as to how YOU interact with FR. If you are bothered by dominance, exalting, dragons being named things you do not like, or apparently almost all of how FR works you can completely control that. Do not sell your dragons. Name them things you want. Max out your lair and leave the rest of the site to play as it was designed to.

I don't mean to sound curt or harsh but really... you are basically saying to redesign the game.... that is kind of huge.
Wow, I have seen this put a few ways and this has got to take the cake.

You have many options as to how YOU interact with FR. If you are bothered by dominance, exalting, dragons being named things you do not like, or apparently almost all of how FR works you can completely control that. Do not sell your dragons. Name them things you want. Max out your lair and leave the rest of the site to play as it was designed to.

I don't mean to sound curt or harsh but really... you are basically saying to redesign the game.... that is kind of huge.
Stuff will one day go here.
Hot take; if you don't like a fundamental aspect of a game, the solution is not to try and change the game. The solution is to go and find a game you do like.
Hot take; if you don't like a fundamental aspect of a game, the solution is not to try and change the game. The solution is to go and find a game you do like.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
This guide might be of use to you. In addition a huge thing that will help reduce some of the unwanted or inappropriate names is to name your dragons before selling them. It won’t stop all trolls but will help with default names.

The vast majority of exalters are exalting for profit or lore and not to be trolls. For troll exalters you can always report them

There is nothing wrong with exalting. It’s an important part of the game that allows us to get rid of excess dragons and should not be eliminated or restricted. Dragons by their inherent design are cheap and plentiful. Lair space however is limited and without exalting eventually there would be no rom for new dragons.

Exalters remove excess dragons from the game. If players could only exalt dragons they themselves bred dragons would plummet in price. If I tired of a dragon I bought from someone he only way to get rid of it would be to harass the breeder to take it back if known or sell it and as many players would eventually tire of dragons that means dragons might be difficult to get rid of at one treasure
This guide might be of use to you. In addition a huge thing that will help reduce some of the unwanted or inappropriate names is to name your dragons before selling them. It won’t stop all trolls but will help with default names.

The vast majority of exalters are exalting for profit or lore and not to be trolls. For troll exalters you can always report them

There is nothing wrong with exalting. It’s an important part of the game that allows us to get rid of excess dragons and should not be eliminated or restricted. Dragons by their inherent design are cheap and plentiful. Lair space however is limited and without exalting eventually there would be no rom for new dragons.

Exalters remove excess dragons from the game. If players could only exalt dragons they themselves bred dragons would plummet in price. If I tired of a dragon I bought from someone he only way to get rid of it would be to harass the breeder to take it back if known or sell it and as many players would eventually tire of dragons that means dragons might be difficult to get rid of at one treasure
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I wrote up a nice long argument, but I hardly think that's necessary anymore. In short, absolutely no.

As per site rules, once a dragon leaves your lair you have no say whatsoever in what happens to it. You really can't complain about others spite exalting your project dragons. If you have a problem with exalting and selling dragons, stay out of it. Don't ruin the fun for everybody else.
I wrote up a nice long argument, but I hardly think that's necessary anymore. In short, absolutely no.

As per site rules, once a dragon leaves your lair you have no say whatsoever in what happens to it. You really can't complain about others spite exalting your project dragons. If you have a problem with exalting and selling dragons, stay out of it. Don't ruin the fun for everybody else.
No support. What am I supposed to do with a dragon I bought that I don't want anymore, but nobody else wants to take them? Do they get automatically sent back to the person who hatched them? What if that person's lair is full? There's only room for so many dragons per user on this site.

Exalting is a way to remove dragons from the site, and the alternative here seems like it just cuts down on the dragons being added.

Exalting isn't a bad thing, it's a high form of honor. I've exalted a lot of dragons, some that were very cheap and were bred to be exalted, and some that I spent a lot of money on but I didn't want to go through the time to resell them. Some of these "expensive" dragons that are exalted were well loved, but the person who owned them decided that they didn't like them as much anymore and they wanted to make room for new dragons.

Exalting lairs who give dragons "stupid" names before exalting them most likely aren't spending money on renaming scrolls to name all of their dragons "fodder." They are giving them names so that the dragons can level up in the coliseum. If you don't want your dragon to have a name like that, just name them before you sell them. I doubt most people who buy the dragon to exalt it would buy a scroll just to change the name to something "dumb." Even so, once a dragon is in somebody else's lair, it's theirs. If they want to buy a scroll to change the name you gave the dragon to "FartyPants", they're allowed to.

Really, if it bothers you, you can just not exalt personally or not breed your dragons.

I understand where people are coming from with these types of suggestions, but it's just something that I could never support.
No support. What am I supposed to do with a dragon I bought that I don't want anymore, but nobody else wants to take them? Do they get automatically sent back to the person who hatched them? What if that person's lair is full? There's only room for so many dragons per user on this site.

Exalting is a way to remove dragons from the site, and the alternative here seems like it just cuts down on the dragons being added.

Exalting isn't a bad thing, it's a high form of honor. I've exalted a lot of dragons, some that were very cheap and were bred to be exalted, and some that I spent a lot of money on but I didn't want to go through the time to resell them. Some of these "expensive" dragons that are exalted were well loved, but the person who owned them decided that they didn't like them as much anymore and they wanted to make room for new dragons.

Exalting lairs who give dragons "stupid" names before exalting them most likely aren't spending money on renaming scrolls to name all of their dragons "fodder." They are giving them names so that the dragons can level up in the coliseum. If you don't want your dragon to have a name like that, just name them before you sell them. I doubt most people who buy the dragon to exalt it would buy a scroll just to change the name to something "dumb." Even so, once a dragon is in somebody else's lair, it's theirs. If they want to buy a scroll to change the name you gave the dragon to "FartyPants", they're allowed to.

Really, if it bothers you, you can just not exalt personally or not breed your dragons.

I understand where people are coming from with these types of suggestions, but it's just something that I could never support.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
what? no. Once you sell a dragon, it isn't your dragon anymore. If you don't want a dragon to be exalted, either sell it at a high price or keep it. Your playstyle shouldn't dictate other people's playstyle.
what? no. Once you sell a dragon, it isn't your dragon anymore. If you don't want a dragon to be exalted, either sell it at a high price or keep it. Your playstyle shouldn't dictate other people's playstyle.
1 2 3 4