Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Exalt Rework
1 2 3 4
I noticed a disturbing trend of some players buying dragons of all kinds (even the expensive ones people offer privately on facebook for breeding projects) just to exalt them. Either it's out of spite, or some sick thought in their mind to delete these dragons because it's "fun". I experienced this recently and got very upset, especially when people nickname my dragons to "fodder", "bait", or "cawcaw" meaning they're pretty much useless in their eyes.

Exalting should be re-worked or removed entirely and replaced with the following. (Again this is merely a suggestion based on what I've witnessed over the time I've played Flight Rising).
  • Players should have the option to select how many babies they'd like to keep from a clutch of eggs.
  • Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well)
  • Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.

In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons. Especially those that are sold with the intention of having it used as a breeding or dressing up project. I'll most likely get some heat for this topic, but I'm tired of my hard work being destroyed when those dragons have potential in the game. Sounds crazy/silly, but I've seen people devastated over this happening to them as well when selling project babies.

A girl on facebook a month or so ago was selling XXX color babies that looked amazing. She charged about 30kT per baby and someone bought majority of them and exalted them immediately. Needless to say she was very upset, and others were trying to find out who it was.

Exalting needs to change.

Edit: If anyone would like to add on to my suggestions, or offer their own to fix this situation, please feel free to comment.
I noticed a disturbing trend of some players buying dragons of all kinds (even the expensive ones people offer privately on facebook for breeding projects) just to exalt them. Either it's out of spite, or some sick thought in their mind to delete these dragons because it's "fun". I experienced this recently and got very upset, especially when people nickname my dragons to "fodder", "bait", or "cawcaw" meaning they're pretty much useless in their eyes.

Exalting should be re-worked or removed entirely and replaced with the following. (Again this is merely a suggestion based on what I've witnessed over the time I've played Flight Rising).
  • Players should have the option to select how many babies they'd like to keep from a clutch of eggs.
  • Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well)
  • Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.

In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons. Especially those that are sold with the intention of having it used as a breeding or dressing up project. I'll most likely get some heat for this topic, but I'm tired of my hard work being destroyed when those dragons have potential in the game. Sounds crazy/silly, but I've seen people devastated over this happening to them as well when selling project babies.

A girl on facebook a month or so ago was selling XXX color babies that looked amazing. She charged about 30kT per baby and someone bought majority of them and exalted them immediately. Needless to say she was very upset, and others were trying to find out who it was.

Edit: If anyone would like to add on to my suggestions, or offer their own to fix this situation, please feel free to comment.
cRzK7aI.png
Exalting is not wrong or bad or anything like that. There is nothing wrong with exalting a dragon.

Exalting does not need to change. If anything, it needs better rewards to encourage people to exalt more dragons so the market isn't so glutted.
Exalting is not wrong or bad or anything like that. There is nothing wrong with exalting a dragon.

Exalting does not need to change. If anything, it needs better rewards to encourage people to exalt more dragons so the market isn't so glutted.
[quote name="elfin" date="2019-08-07 14:20:16" ] Exalting is not wrong or bad or anything like that. There is nothing wrong with exalting a dragon. Exalting does not need to change. If anything, it needs better rewards to encourage people to exalt more dragons so the market isn't so glutted. [/quote] Then maybe a database purge of inactive dragons/accounts is needed.
elfin wrote on 2019-08-07 14:20:16:

Then maybe a database purge of inactive dragons/accounts is needed.
cRzK7aI.png
[quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:22:24" ] Then maybe a database purge of inactive dragons/accounts is needed. [/quote] What on earth does that have to do with making it impossible for people to exalt dragons they bought from someone else?
Archangelbee wrote on 2019-08-07 14:22:24:

Then maybe a database purge of inactive dragons/accounts is needed.

What on earth does that have to do with making it impossible for people to exalt dragons they bought from someone else?
No support, mainly because [quote]In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons[/quote] ^^ It isn't anyone elses dragon - once a dragon is sold, it belongs to whoever bought it. Not the seller. If you don't want your dragon to be exalted, don't sell it. This is coming from an avid breeder who rarely if ever exalts dragons btw. Honestly, I don't want to sound harsh, I really don't - but if a dragon you sold getting exalted is enough to upset you or make you 'devastated', you need to take a step back from the game. Again, if you don't want a dragon to be exalted, either keep it or sell it at such an inflated price that it's unlikely anyone would bother buying it to exalt, even for a joke. Exalting needs to remain as it is for the most part as it takes dragons out of the game. This game would get very boring and very overloaded if every dragon that ever existed [b]still[/b] existed. Unique color/gene/breed combos wouldn't be unique. And replacing exaltation in dominance with having hatchlings count towards the flight would just result in even more dragon overpopulation issues. People go crazy during dom! The short of it is, if the way someone plays this game is exalting dragons and giving them funny names beforehand, then thats the way they play. Its not your place or anyone elses to change that just because you/whoever didn't want that dragon exalted.
No support, mainly because
Quote:
In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons

^^ It isn't anyone elses dragon - once a dragon is sold, it belongs to whoever bought it. Not the seller. If you don't want your dragon to be exalted, don't sell it. This is coming from an avid breeder who rarely if ever exalts dragons btw.

Honestly, I don't want to sound harsh, I really don't - but if a dragon you sold getting exalted is enough to upset you or make you 'devastated', you need to take a step back from the game. Again, if you don't want a dragon to be exalted, either keep it or sell it at such an inflated price that it's unlikely anyone would bother buying it to exalt, even for a joke.

Exalting needs to remain as it is for the most part as it takes dragons out of the game. This game would get very boring and very overloaded if every dragon that ever existed still existed. Unique color/gene/breed combos wouldn't be unique.

And replacing exaltation in dominance with having hatchlings count towards the flight would just result in even more dragon overpopulation issues. People go crazy during dom!

The short of it is, if the way someone plays this game is exalting dragons and giving them funny names beforehand, then thats the way they play. Its not your place or anyone elses to change that just because you/whoever didn't want that dragon exalted.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
Absolutely no support. [quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons. [/quote] Then don't sell your dragons. Easy as that. [quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well) [/quote] FR already has a big problem of dragon saturation, we don't need it to become any worse than it already is. Dominance is only in play to [u]decrease[/u] the dragon population. [quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.[/quote] And how are players supposed make treasure/gems from this? Exalting fodder is one of the most used methods of getting currency on FR, it's not fair to punish them for playing a game mechanic because 'it makes people feel bad'. [quote name="Archangelbee" date="2019-08-07 14:17:41" ] Exalting needs to change. [/quote] Exalting doesn't need to change. It could receive tweaks and changes but the base concept stays the same, it is a fundamental mechanic to the game and without it FR would lose popularity and game-play.
Absolutely no support.
Archangelbee wrote on 2019-08-07 14:17:41:
In my opinion, players should only be able to exalt dragons they've hatched, not everyone else's dragons.
Then don't sell your dragons. Easy as that.
Instead of exalted dragons helping Flights, it should be every dragon born counting towards the flight. (This would make it a bigger race to see which Flight can hatch the most dragons in given time periods, or having the all-time most hatched dragons award as well)
FR already has a big problem of dragon saturation, we don't need it to become any worse than it already is. Dominance is only in play to decrease the dragon population.
Whichever dragons are not kept from hatched clutches are then automatically "discarded" similarly to exalting them, however it still makes the dragon unusable, gets it out of the game's system, while still getting the point towards your flight for hatching those eggs.
And how are players supposed make treasure/gems from this? Exalting fodder is one of the most used methods of getting currency on FR, it's not fair to punish them for playing a game mechanic because 'it makes people feel bad'.
Exalting doesn't need to change. It could receive tweaks and changes but the base concept stays the same, it is a fundamental mechanic to the game and without it FR would lose popularity and game-play.
Here's the thing. Exalting in and of itself isn't the problem. It's the nasty people that use it just to tick other people off. Once you sell a dragon, it belongs to whoever you sell it to, and they can do whatever they want with it. Some people buy a dragon that they plan to keep but then end up exalting it because they lose interest in it. Buying dragons that are above fodder price just to exalt them when your intention is just to be mean is spiteful, but that's an individual problem. Exalting is a pretty key part of the game. It isn't inherently mean or wrong to exalt a dragon, because a lot of people are really into dom, or else exalting is how they make money. Getting rid of exalting would ruin the game for them, so that really just wouldn't be fair.

Even if someone does just buy nice dragons to exalt them, they aren't doing anything against site rules, that's just someone... having a moral crisis or something. You can't ruin the game for other people because of that. Also, if there was no exalting, there would just be tons of dragons on the site and no way to get rid of them, even when no one wants them anymore.

Even if it does seem like people are 'out to get you', this is a game of pixel dragons, most of the people on here that do that are just bored on the internet and feel like being stupid, I wouldn't take it personally that they consider your dragon "worthless". They might just want money more, and some people, for some reason, really like dumb fodder names. If you don't like that you can name your hatchlings before selling them. It won't prevent them from being exalted, but it will make sure that they at least have names that you're happy with.

Also, the idea of dom being based around dragons born instead of exalted would be extremely unfair because of flight sizes. There are WAY more people in Arcane, than in, say, earth, therefore, they have way more nests and it's possible for them to breed way more dragons. So that just wouldn't really... make sense. Combined with the above stuff about the fact that you'd literally have no way to remove a dragon from site, I'm sorry, I just can't support any of this.
Here's the thing. Exalting in and of itself isn't the problem. It's the nasty people that use it just to tick other people off. Once you sell a dragon, it belongs to whoever you sell it to, and they can do whatever they want with it. Some people buy a dragon that they plan to keep but then end up exalting it because they lose interest in it. Buying dragons that are above fodder price just to exalt them when your intention is just to be mean is spiteful, but that's an individual problem. Exalting is a pretty key part of the game. It isn't inherently mean or wrong to exalt a dragon, because a lot of people are really into dom, or else exalting is how they make money. Getting rid of exalting would ruin the game for them, so that really just wouldn't be fair.

Even if someone does just buy nice dragons to exalt them, they aren't doing anything against site rules, that's just someone... having a moral crisis or something. You can't ruin the game for other people because of that. Also, if there was no exalting, there would just be tons of dragons on the site and no way to get rid of them, even when no one wants them anymore.

Even if it does seem like people are 'out to get you', this is a game of pixel dragons, most of the people on here that do that are just bored on the internet and feel like being stupid, I wouldn't take it personally that they consider your dragon "worthless". They might just want money more, and some people, for some reason, really like dumb fodder names. If you don't like that you can name your hatchlings before selling them. It won't prevent them from being exalted, but it will make sure that they at least have names that you're happy with.

Also, the idea of dom being based around dragons born instead of exalted would be extremely unfair because of flight sizes. There are WAY more people in Arcane, than in, say, earth, therefore, they have way more nests and it's possible for them to breed way more dragons. So that just wouldn't really... make sense. Combined with the above stuff about the fact that you'd literally have no way to remove a dragon from site, I'm sorry, I just can't support any of this.
tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o1_100.png _________asexual.png _________ tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o3_100.png
Look, I'll give you an example of why this would be bad. I bought a dragon for a breeding project. I'm keeping the dragon until the I breed the dragon I want. Then... I'm stuck with the dragon? I have to send it back to the person I bought it from so they can exalt it? What if they aren't active anymore? I don't want to sell it because I want the dragon I bread for to have specific names for her parents.

So I have to keep this dragon forever??
Look, I'll give you an example of why this would be bad. I bought a dragon for a breeding project. I'm keeping the dragon until the I breed the dragon I want. Then... I'm stuck with the dragon? I have to send it back to the person I bought it from so they can exalt it? What if they aren't active anymore? I don't want to sell it because I want the dragon I bread for to have specific names for her parents.

So I have to keep this dragon forever??
Also just going to add that Exalted literally means:
(of a person or their rank or status) placed at a high or powerful level; held in high regard

It's not killing a dragon or getting rid of it, lore-wise. It's sending it to work directly for a deity - pretty much the highest honour a dragon can have.

So again, no support. Exalting isn't a cruel act, even if some random people on here use it/see it that way.
Also just going to add that Exalted literally means:
(of a person or their rank or status) placed at a high or powerful level; held in high regard

It's not killing a dragon or getting rid of it, lore-wise. It's sending it to work directly for a deity - pretty much the highest honour a dragon can have.

So again, no support. Exalting isn't a cruel act, even if some random people on here use it/see it that way.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
Sure it can be somewhat annoying when one of your pretties is exalted, but I could NEVER support something like this. Once you buy a dragon, it is yours, not ANYBODY else's. You bought, you control it. Not to mention removing exalting would have a huge blow on FR economy. If you don't want your dragons exalted, sell them in a forum or give them to someone in find a dragon.

If dominance relied on how many dragons in a flight were born, then people would constantly be buying boons, causing it's worth to go up, causing less people being able to afford them, so they buy it from the marketplace instead, and people who sell boons lose money. This would also cause a huge boom in dragon hatch rates, most likely faster than the site can process. If you can't exalt dragons or get rid of them permanently, then the server has to carry the load of a never ending, growing dragon population where it has to process more data, and thus becoming laggy to the point of most people being unable to even play.

Now and probably never, no support from me.
Sure it can be somewhat annoying when one of your pretties is exalted, but I could NEVER support something like this. Once you buy a dragon, it is yours, not ANYBODY else's. You bought, you control it. Not to mention removing exalting would have a huge blow on FR economy. If you don't want your dragons exalted, sell them in a forum or give them to someone in find a dragon.

If dominance relied on how many dragons in a flight were born, then people would constantly be buying boons, causing it's worth to go up, causing less people being able to afford them, so they buy it from the marketplace instead, and people who sell boons lose money. This would also cause a huge boom in dragon hatch rates, most likely faster than the site can process. If you can't exalt dragons or get rid of them permanently, then the server has to carry the load of a never ending, growing dragon population where it has to process more data, and thus becoming laggy to the point of most people being unable to even play.

Now and probably never, no support from me.

I get too many pings, please PM if you ping and I don’t respond
1 2 3 4