Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Buy Morphology
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Xela" date="2019-08-06 19:06:37" ] If the scrying workshop had a little 'search auction house for a match' button, that would be a nice little addition. [/quote] I agree with this part, but definitely not the rest. Far too OP, and that’s not how FR works.
Xela wrote on 2019-08-06 19:06:37:
If the scrying workshop had a little 'search auction house for a match' button, that would be a nice little addition.

I agree with this part, but definitely not the rest. Far too OP, and that’s not how FR works.
Maybe if it cost 3,925,834,785,647,823,956,347,892,563kt then it wouldn't be so OP.

OR if it had a short cut to just buy the genes.

But what I really want is a button that searches the AH for a dragon that matches your scry.
Maybe if it cost 3,925,834,785,647,823,956,347,892,563kt then it wouldn't be so OP.

OR if it had a short cut to just buy the genes.

But what I really want is a button that searches the AH for a dragon that matches your scry.
Dinoclaire101.png
No support, but maybe a different idea:

How about you have a feature where you can search for similar dragons, be it in the AH only or all over the site
Mostly because of the colors I guess. It would save us some clicks to do it ourself^^
No support, but maybe a different idea:

How about you have a feature where you can search for similar dragons, be it in the AH only or all over the site
Mostly because of the colors I guess. It would save us some clicks to do it ourself^^
egg.gif
Just read through this and I know I'm mostly repeating things that have been said already but I wanted to add my thoughts. First things first, [b]no support[/b]. I don't see how this being implemented will make the game better in any way so I do not want to see this added to the game. I also wanted to respond to OP's response since it has more information on what they wanted and their thought process. [quote name="JadeTiger7747" date="2019-08-07 12:38:04" ] You act like the dragons would be just as easy to buy as breeder dragons, while I was thinking more along the lines of 3 to 5x as much.[/quote] The actual worth of every dragon on this site is only what they can be exalted for, the rest is decided by the players. Rare colour combos, gen 1s and special IDs are examples of this. I've seen hatcheries sell dragons for as little as 10g to as high as 5kg. Due to this fact, how would this cost be decided? What would you value a dragon like this? [quote]I can tell many of you are breeders worked about your business but if you have good quality, pretty dragons you have nothing to worry about. If someone can find a dragon close to what there looking for that's 1/5 the price then they would more than likely buy it from a breeder.[/quote] You said it yourself. If a dragon is available cheaper and is reasonably close it will be chosen over this. With the shear number of dragons on this site it's not impossible to find dragons that can breed the outcome you want. This is also the point of this game. Breeding dragons. [quote]It would also be better for the morphology dragons to start off as eggs so you can assign them parents to nurture the egg, they would have parents.[/quote] The most likely situation a feature like this would be used is to create a perfect gen 1. If it has to have parents why not just breed for it? [quote]This also doesn't have to be a full time thing, instead it could be an event lasting maybe a week or so.[/quote] If scattersights showed us anything it's that limited events to get something that is random causes a lot of backlash in the userbase. Having a feature like this available for only a week would cause far more issues as only those users that happened to both be active and have money during that week would be able to get a dragon from the feature. [quote]The original post didn't have any specifics or information about the idea because it was just a silly idea, but it did say comment if you agree.[/quote] The point of the suggestions forum is to discuss suggestions, not commenting if you want it and ignoring it if you don't. This would give an unfair representation of what the userbase wants since only positive feedback would be given. [quote]As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun, not to prove your the best breeder to ever exist, if your so worried about your business improve it.[/quote] I'm not a breeder, everything I breed is either given away or sent to the deities. So please don't assume it's just breeders who don't like this idea. People are against it because breeding is the point of the game. Being able to get around this would make the game pretty boring and pay to win. [quote]Or as an alternate idea make it to where you can cancel specific things on your current dragon (kinda like a scroll that changes multiple things at once) located in the s crying workshop.[/quote] We already have gene change scrolls for every gene, breed change scrolls for every breed (including imps though they are very rare now) and we have a colour changing scroll, which is random to prevent breeding being redundant. What kind of thing do you want a scroll to change?
Just read through this and I know I'm mostly repeating things that have been said already but I wanted to add my thoughts.

First things first, no support.
I don't see how this being implemented will make the game better in any way so I do not want to see this added to the game.

I also wanted to respond to OP's response since it has more information on what they wanted and their thought process.
JadeTiger7747 wrote on 2019-08-07 12:38:04:
You act like the dragons would be just as easy to buy as breeder dragons, while I was thinking more along the lines of 3 to 5x as much.
The actual worth of every dragon on this site is only what they can be exalted for, the rest is decided by the players. Rare colour combos, gen 1s and special IDs are examples of this. I've seen hatcheries sell dragons for as little as 10g to as high as 5kg.
Due to this fact, how would this cost be decided? What would you value a dragon like this?
Quote:
I can tell many of you are breeders worked about your business but if you have good quality, pretty dragons you have nothing to worry about. If someone can find a dragon close to what there looking for that's 1/5 the price then they would more than likely buy it from a breeder.
You said it yourself. If a dragon is available cheaper and is reasonably close it will be chosen over this. With the shear number of dragons on this site it's not impossible to find dragons that can breed the outcome you want. This is also the point of this game. Breeding dragons.
Quote:
It would also be better for the morphology dragons to start off as eggs so you can assign them parents to nurture the egg, they would have parents.
The most likely situation a feature like this would be used is to create a perfect gen 1. If it has to have parents why not just breed for it?
Quote:
This also doesn't have to be a full time thing, instead it could be an event lasting maybe a week or so.
If scattersights showed us anything it's that limited events to get something that is random causes a lot of backlash in the userbase. Having a feature like this available for only a week would cause far more issues as only those users that happened to both be active and have money during that week would be able to get a dragon from the feature.
Quote:
The original post didn't have any specifics or information about the idea because it was just a silly idea, but it did say comment if you agree.
The point of the suggestions forum is to discuss suggestions, not commenting if you want it and ignoring it if you don't. This would give an unfair representation of what the userbase wants since only positive feedback would be given.
Quote:
As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun, not to prove your the best breeder to ever exist, if your so worried about your business improve it.
I'm not a breeder, everything I breed is either given away or sent to the deities. So please don't assume it's just breeders who don't like this idea. People are against it because breeding is the point of the game. Being able to get around this would make the game pretty boring and pay to win.
Quote:
Or as an alternate idea make it to where you can cancel specific things on your current dragon (kinda like a scroll that changes multiple things at once) located in the s crying workshop.
We already have gene change scrolls for every gene, breed change scrolls for every breed (including imps though they are very rare now) and we have a colour changing scroll, which is random to prevent breeding being redundant.
What kind of thing do you want a scroll to change?
Cinus_small.png
No support.
We got the Pay2Win stuff in pretty much any other game, so I dont need it here
No support.
We got the Pay2Win stuff in pretty much any other game, so I dont need it here
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
Maybe to build off the suggestion- maybe a feature on the workshop that auto-loads the features to AH? You could then tailor it from there. A way of “buying” the morphology without ending all purpose to the game.
Of course, the chances of the morphology actually matching any dragon for sale are incredibly slim, but it’d be a good jumping off point for breeding projects and the like
Maybe to build off the suggestion- maybe a feature on the workshop that auto-loads the features to AH? You could then tailor it from there. A way of “buying” the morphology without ending all purpose to the game.
Of course, the chances of the morphology actually matching any dragon for sale are incredibly slim, but it’d be a good jumping off point for breeding projects and the like
ooh, yikes. OP, do you accept constructive criticism?

this is just downright game breaking. no support
ooh, yikes. OP, do you accept constructive criticism?

this is just downright game breaking. no support
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
I only breed fodder with the occasional lucky hatch and I do not support the suggestion as stated. I do not think this is something that would overall enhance the game. At its core FR is a breeding game and I feel we should not drift too far away from the design of the game itself. I would love a button that inputs the morphology information into the auction house search.

I know it can feel badly to have your suggestion receive no support but we do not intend it to be rude or mean it is our opinion and it simply does not match yours.
I only breed fodder with the occasional lucky hatch and I do not support the suggestion as stated. I do not think this is something that would overall enhance the game. At its core FR is a breeding game and I feel we should not drift too far away from the design of the game itself. I would love a button that inputs the morphology information into the auction house search.

I know it can feel badly to have your suggestion receive no support but we do not intend it to be rude or mean it is our opinion and it simply does not match yours.
Stuff will one day go here.
Not a breeder, still no support. This would completely defeat the purpose of the game.
Not a breeder, still no support. This would completely defeat the purpose of the game.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
No support. I am a breeder, and I have immense trouble selling my dragons already. I would probably quit Fr if this ever got implemented. This would break everything this game has to offer. I don't like working for genes, but I don't want the economy to crumble because of an idea like this.
No support. I am a breeder, and I have immense trouble selling my dragons already. I would probably quit Fr if this ever got implemented. This would break everything this game has to offer. I don't like working for genes, but I don't want the economy to crumble because of an idea like this.

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]