Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Buy Morphology
1 2 3 4 5
Is this a troll post?

That would ruin the entire point of the game, even if it was stupid expensive to purchase a scry dragon.
Support for plugging a scry into the AH.

On a somewhat similar note, there was a suggestion for a Roundsey prize where you could customize a dragon with everything but making it an imperial. I think that would be a good, and very rare, item to add to the game.
Is this a troll post?

That would ruin the entire point of the game, even if it was stupid expensive to purchase a scry dragon.
Support for plugging a scry into the AH.

On a somewhat similar note, there was a suggestion for a Roundsey prize where you could customize a dragon with everything but making it an imperial. I think that would be a good, and very rare, item to add to the game.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
[quote name="Ridara" date="2019-08-07 04:39:38" ] I support a button that plugs the colors, breed and genes of a morphology into the AH for easy purchase. [/quote] Oh, this would be awesome, though.
Ridara wrote on 2019-08-07 04:39:38:
I support a button that plugs the colors, breed and genes of a morphology into the AH for easy purchase.
Oh, this would be awesome, though.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
You act like the dragons would be just as easy to buy as breeder dragons, while I was thinking more along the lines of 3 to 5x as much. I can tell many of you are breeders worked about your business but if you have good quality, pretty dragons you have nothing to worry about. If someone can find a dragon close to what there looking for that's 1/5 the price then they would more than likely buy it from a breeder. It would also be better for the morphology dragons to start off as eggs so you can assign them parents to nurture the egg, they would have parents. This was a friends idea that I thought was cool so obviously I'm not the only one that likes this idea. This also doesn't have to be a full time thing, instead it could be an event lasting maybe a week or so. The original post didn't have any specifics or information about the idea because it was just a silly idea, but it did say comment if you agree. Now I can't show this to my friend because of how rude some of you were. As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun, not to prove your the best breeder to ever exist, if your so worried about your business improve it. Or as an alternate idea make it to where you can cancel specific things on your current dragon (kinda like a scroll that changes multiple thinges at once) located in the s crying workshop.
You act like the dragons would be just as easy to buy as breeder dragons, while I was thinking more along the lines of 3 to 5x as much. I can tell many of you are breeders worked about your business but if you have good quality, pretty dragons you have nothing to worry about. If someone can find a dragon close to what there looking for that's 1/5 the price then they would more than likely buy it from a breeder. It would also be better for the morphology dragons to start off as eggs so you can assign them parents to nurture the egg, they would have parents. This was a friends idea that I thought was cool so obviously I'm not the only one that likes this idea. This also doesn't have to be a full time thing, instead it could be an event lasting maybe a week or so. The original post didn't have any specifics or information about the idea because it was just a silly idea, but it did say comment if you agree. Now I can't show this to my friend because of how rude some of you were. As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun, not to prove your the best breeder to ever exist, if your so worried about your business improve it. Or as an alternate idea make it to where you can cancel specific things on your current dragon (kinda like a scroll that changes multiple thinges at once) located in the s crying workshop.
If the point of the game is to have fun...... I think it would be really really fun to have a lair full of first gem imperials, and a full set of the sprites to give them. And heck, unlimited money so I can buy all the apparel I want. Actually, no, I don't think it's fun refreshing the marketplace. Just give me access to all of the apparel right away without having to buy it. I'm also getting frustrated trying to expand my hibernal den, so it'd be great to just max that out and give me all my spaces while we're destroying the foundations of the game.

I, for one, would definitely buy dragons I custom made instead of buying them from breeders. I'd rather pay more to get exactly what I want than worry about trying to find the right dragon somewhere else. The cost:effort ratio matters. Even if you were going to say 3x to 5x the cost.... of what? I've bought hatchery dragons for 8k treasure, I've bought hatchery dragons for 4.5k GEMS. What are we basing the cost off of here? I'd rather have paid 3 to 5 times the 8k treasure price for that 4500 gem dragon! And get to choose the parents (which would probably necessitate an entire new system to assign parents to the new dragon) or have it a first gen?

Designing dragons from scratch and owning those dragons feels like you want to be playing an entirely different game that still uses FR's art assets.
If the point of the game is to have fun...... I think it would be really really fun to have a lair full of first gem imperials, and a full set of the sprites to give them. And heck, unlimited money so I can buy all the apparel I want. Actually, no, I don't think it's fun refreshing the marketplace. Just give me access to all of the apparel right away without having to buy it. I'm also getting frustrated trying to expand my hibernal den, so it'd be great to just max that out and give me all my spaces while we're destroying the foundations of the game.

I, for one, would definitely buy dragons I custom made instead of buying them from breeders. I'd rather pay more to get exactly what I want than worry about trying to find the right dragon somewhere else. The cost:effort ratio matters. Even if you were going to say 3x to 5x the cost.... of what? I've bought hatchery dragons for 8k treasure, I've bought hatchery dragons for 4.5k GEMS. What are we basing the cost off of here? I'd rather have paid 3 to 5 times the 8k treasure price for that 4500 gem dragon! And get to choose the parents (which would probably necessitate an entire new system to assign parents to the new dragon) or have it a first gen?

Designing dragons from scratch and owning those dragons feels like you want to be playing an entirely different game that still uses FR's art assets.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
[quote name="JadeTiger7747" date="2019-08-07 12:38:04" ] As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! [u]the point of any game is to have fun[/u] [/quote] ... And by adding this feature the game will no longer be fun.
JadeTiger7747 wrote on 2019-08-07 12:38:04:
As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun
... And by adding this feature the game will no longer be fun.
I don't think the people getting worked up are all breeders. If this was... made a thing, I guess, it would ruin loads of aspects of the game. Not just breeders' business. The whole point of this game is you have to work for what you want. You have to breed for it. You have to put in time and effort. It isn't a 'design a dragon' kind of game. There are lots of ways to play fr, but one of the really fun things about the site is that you have to work for the stuff that you want. It's not just going to be dropped into your lap, regardless of price. I have some dream dragons that I really want right now, but I'd much rather spend months breeding for them than just... pay and have them exist. I want to put effort into them because that's what make it worth it and fun. Being able to magically make and change things about your dragon just isn't an Fr thing. Maybe there are some other "designer dragon" games like that, I don't know, but this isn't it. This just isn't that type of game.

(Also, just a heads up, the suggestions forum is for... serious suggestions, so if this was just a "Silly idea" you maybe shouldn't expect people to be super receptive, because they are taking it seriously)
I don't think the people getting worked up are all breeders. If this was... made a thing, I guess, it would ruin loads of aspects of the game. Not just breeders' business. The whole point of this game is you have to work for what you want. You have to breed for it. You have to put in time and effort. It isn't a 'design a dragon' kind of game. There are lots of ways to play fr, but one of the really fun things about the site is that you have to work for the stuff that you want. It's not just going to be dropped into your lap, regardless of price. I have some dream dragons that I really want right now, but I'd much rather spend months breeding for them than just... pay and have them exist. I want to put effort into them because that's what make it worth it and fun. Being able to magically make and change things about your dragon just isn't an Fr thing. Maybe there are some other "designer dragon" games like that, I don't know, but this isn't it. This just isn't that type of game.

(Also, just a heads up, the suggestions forum is for... serious suggestions, so if this was just a "Silly idea" you maybe shouldn't expect people to be super receptive, because they are taking it seriously)
tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o1_100.png _________asexual.png _________ tumblr_psop43zu2D1ugssd3o3_100.png
[quote name="Herico" date="2019-08-07 13:14:54" ] [quote name="JadeTiger7747" date="2019-08-07 12:38:04" ] As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! [u]the point of any game is to have fun[/u] [/quote] ... And by adding this feature the game will no longer be fun. [/quote] to add onto this, removing the investment of finding/breeding your perfect dragon would reduce sentimental value greatly for a lot of people. working towards a goal and achieving it is rewarding and keeps people playing
Herico wrote on 2019-08-07 13:14:54:
As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun
to add onto this, removing the investment of finding/breeding your perfect dragon would reduce sentimental value greatly for a lot of people. working towards a goal and achieving it is rewarding and keeps people playing
[quote name="JadeTiger7747" date="2019-08-07 12:38:04" ] As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! the point of any game is to have fun [/quote] Sure it's meant to be fun, but to be considered a game, it must have game-play. While the most basic point of a game is to have fun, the place from which the fun is derived is from the game-play. FR is a dragon breeding game, as in breeding dragons is the game's fundamental mechanic and introducing a mechanic that obsolesces one of the core functions of the game makes it cease being the game it's intended to be. If you don't like the game-play for a particular game, find another that better suits your wants. So no support. While I probably would use a "make your own dragon" feature, I feel would inevitably just make FR quite boring as the core of the game would be so watered down.
Sure it's meant to be fun, but to be considered a game, it must have game-play. While the most basic point of a game is to have fun, the place from which the fun is derived is from the game-play. FR is a dragon breeding game, as in breeding dragons is the game's fundamental mechanic and introducing a mechanic that obsolesces one of the core functions of the game makes it cease being the game it's intended to be. If you don't like the game-play for a particular game, find another that better suits your wants.

So no support. While I probably would use a "make your own dragon" feature, I feel would inevitably just make FR quite boring as the core of the game would be so watered down.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I'm not a breeder, but I don't support this.

For one, what does that 3 to 5x based off? LAH of sanme combo? Some set price by the system? Like others said, price varies dramatically between hatcheries so which one should we based off? Even if we find a middle point, say 300g, 5x is 1500g, I'd definitely pay that instead of 10kg from hatchery for a blossom gaoler! Or actually gather/buy mums to swap for a blossom gene myself.

That also brings up another problem. Some genes are not from the market. Like firefly, like blossom. This feature would kill any point of getting the gene at all. Same with market genes. If I gene a dragon myself it's way more than 5x the price of buying an already-gened dragon from hatchery. In this case why do we need to buy genes? Why do we need to have eggs? Why do we need to breed at all except solely to exalt for some meager profit?

It doesn't make the game more fun. It might satisfy our impatience and desire faster, but after a few weeks do we really have anything more to 'play' in this game?

Like I said before, this can be a good feature if there's no trading system of any kind in game, then staff can do whatever they want with everything with ease. But no, it allows all sorts of trading and what you're suggesting will crash all markets, not only dragon market.
I'm not a breeder, but I don't support this.

For one, what does that 3 to 5x based off? LAH of sanme combo? Some set price by the system? Like others said, price varies dramatically between hatcheries so which one should we based off? Even if we find a middle point, say 300g, 5x is 1500g, I'd definitely pay that instead of 10kg from hatchery for a blossom gaoler! Or actually gather/buy mums to swap for a blossom gene myself.

That also brings up another problem. Some genes are not from the market. Like firefly, like blossom. This feature would kill any point of getting the gene at all. Same with market genes. If I gene a dragon myself it's way more than 5x the price of buying an already-gened dragon from hatchery. In this case why do we need to buy genes? Why do we need to have eggs? Why do we need to breed at all except solely to exalt for some meager profit?

It doesn't make the game more fun. It might satisfy our impatience and desire faster, but after a few weeks do we really have anything more to 'play' in this game?

Like I said before, this can be a good feature if there's no trading system of any kind in game, then staff can do whatever they want with everything with ease. But no, it allows all sorts of trading and what you're suggesting will crash all markets, not only dragon market.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
[quote name="Herico" date="2019-08-07 13:14:54" ] [quote name="JadeTiger7747" date="2019-08-07 12:38:04" ] As for this ruining the point of the game, ITS A GAME! [u]the point of any game is to have fun[/u] [/quote] ... And by adding this feature the game will no longer be fun. [/quote] Yep What's the fun of having something if you didn't work for it? The fun in life is that you pursue your dreams and work for them.
Herico wrote on 2019-08-07 13:14:54:
Yep
What's the fun of having something if you didn't work for it? The fun in life is that you pursue your dreams and work for them.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible