Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alternative Methods for Eyes
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 167 168
Completely support this!

I'd love to give my progen primal eyes but I was away during the anniversary event when you could get the scattersights. This meant I only had 1 to try and get the eye type I wanted. Of course I could buy the vials from the AH but the rate of getting a rare eye type means there's very little point in doing that, I have much better things to spend my money on.

A feature that allows players to rarely receive a specific item to get a specific eye type would solve pretty much all the issues I have with the system. If I could buy an item that guaranteed getting the eye type I want then I don't mind paying for it.

As long as these vials are kept somewhat rare (for multigaze and primal at least) I have absolutely no issues.
By somewhat rare I mean, you can get them if you put the work in but they don't end up like smirch.
Completely support this!

I'd love to give my progen primal eyes but I was away during the anniversary event when you could get the scattersights. This meant I only had 1 to try and get the eye type I wanted. Of course I could buy the vials from the AH but the rate of getting a rare eye type means there's very little point in doing that, I have much better things to spend my money on.

A feature that allows players to rarely receive a specific item to get a specific eye type would solve pretty much all the issues I have with the system. If I could buy an item that guaranteed getting the eye type I want then I don't mind paying for it.

As long as these vials are kept somewhat rare (for multigaze and primal at least) I have absolutely no issues.
By somewhat rare I mean, you can get them if you put the work in but they don't end up like smirch.
Cinus_small.png
I fully agree with that last sentiment. Individual eye vials or new scattervials, through whatever means they are introduced, should always be balanced in a way that they take work to achieve, but if you put in that work, you get the item. And they should not tank like smirch or the bears.

So if the staff needs to look at other re-introduction methods to see where that balance is, NotN and Joxar and other existing mechanics would be good studies. If individual eye vials are Coli drops or whatnot, the staff could even start the vials on the low end of the RNG drops and then increase the rate a tad if they aren't dropping enough. It would be better to play it cautious and have the items drop too low than accidentally start off with the items flooding the system.
I fully agree with that last sentiment. Individual eye vials or new scattervials, through whatever means they are introduced, should always be balanced in a way that they take work to achieve, but if you put in that work, you get the item. And they should not tank like smirch or the bears.

So if the staff needs to look at other re-introduction methods to see where that balance is, NotN and Joxar and other existing mechanics would be good studies. If individual eye vials are Coli drops or whatnot, the staff could even start the vials on the low end of the RNG drops and then increase the rate a tad if they aren't dropping enough. It would be better to play it cautious and have the items drop too low than accidentally start off with the items flooding the system.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I love you for all the continuous support and additions you were adding to the Eye Vial thread and now I need to voice my complete support for this. Honestly every single one of these ideas is fantastic and the one that truly caught my eye (hahaha) is the Adventure Mode part. I'd honestly kill for Adventure Mode? I have no idea if it'll even happen in the near future but I would love loVE LOVE to interact with the planet a bit more. Seriously, I'll take anything at this point, just let us customise our dragons by working instead of relying on RNG
I love you for all the continuous support and additions you were adding to the Eye Vial thread and now I need to voice my complete support for this. Honestly every single one of these ideas is fantastic and the one that truly caught my eye (hahaha) is the Adventure Mode part. I'd honestly kill for Adventure Mode? I have no idea if it'll even happen in the near future but I would love loVE LOVE to interact with the planet a bit more. Seriously, I'll take anything at this point, just let us customise our dragons by working instead of relying on RNG
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Adventure mode would be great and was promised to us years ago. Considering it wasn't even whispered in the recent Anniversary vision, I suspect it's still pretty early in it's development.

Which can work in favor of this suggestion. It means there's still plenty of time to add prizes to the Adventure mode pool. Such as, allowing dragons to go on quests to change their eye type. Or putting individual eye vial(s) in the Adventure mode prize shop.
Adventure mode would be great and was promised to us years ago. Considering it wasn't even whispered in the recent Anniversary vision, I suspect it's still pretty early in it's development.

Which can work in favor of this suggestion. It means there's still plenty of time to add prizes to the Adventure mode pool. Such as, allowing dragons to go on quests to change their eye type. Or putting individual eye vial(s) in the Adventure mode prize shop.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I'd love to be able to take my dragon on a quest/adventure to change their eye type!

That would be active, rewarding gameplay, while also getting me what I want for customization!
I'd love to be able to take my dragon on a quest/adventure to change their eye type!

That would be active, rewarding gameplay, while also getting me what I want for customization!
Nq0eoGi.png
I saw this quote in another thread. While it was a completely different topic, I feel the sentiment is still true with RNG breeding and scattervials for eyes. [quote name="Snek" date="2019-07-08 17:16:07" ] [quote name="Rabigrace" date="2019-07-06 09:39:53" ] Yeah they are rare, but I feel like changing it after so many people have grinded for the, would cause a lot of drama.[/quote] Repeat after me: "'I suffered through something deeply frustrating so you should have to deal with that too' is not a valid argument." [/quote] All of this frustration can be fixed. There are solutions. There's no need to force everyone to re-breed all their dragons. People who like RNG breeding can breed for eyes. People who want spiffy new eyes on their permas could work for individual eye vials. These things can co-exist.
I saw this quote in another thread. While it was a completely different topic, I feel the sentiment is still true with RNG breeding and scattervials for eyes.
Snek wrote on 2019-07-08 17:16:07:
Rabigrace wrote on 2019-07-06 09:39:53:
Yeah they are rare, but I feel like changing it after so many people have grinded for the, would cause a lot of drama.

Repeat after me: "'I suffered through something deeply frustrating so you should have to deal with that too' is not a valid argument."

All of this frustration can be fixed. There are solutions. There's no need to force everyone to re-breed all their dragons. People who like RNG breeding can breed for eyes. People who want spiffy new eyes on their permas could work for individual eye vials. These things can co-exist.
Pings are disabled.

I will never stop supporting eye vials or alternate ways to get special eyes on my dragons, although if we do get something and it ends up being a limited number of vials like we received with Goat...I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth at this point. I have a project for a Primal-eyed dragon that has to be in an element I'm not a part of, so endlessly breeding my project dragons in a rented nest is just miserable.

That said, if staff actually does listen and gives us vials that AREN'T limited, I'd still be very happy! Sure it'd tank the prices of special-eyed dragons, but...really now, we can do with a little less greed in the dragon economy.
I will never stop supporting eye vials or alternate ways to get special eyes on my dragons, although if we do get something and it ends up being a limited number of vials like we received with Goat...I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth at this point. I have a project for a Primal-eyed dragon that has to be in an element I'm not a part of, so endlessly breeding my project dragons in a rented nest is just miserable.

That said, if staff actually does listen and gives us vials that AREN'T limited, I'd still be very happy! Sure it'd tank the prices of special-eyed dragons, but...really now, we can do with a little less greed in the dragon economy.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
[quote]Sure it'd tank the prices of special-eyed dragons, but...[/quote] I'm not even convinced it would tank the special eyed dragon economy any more than it already is. What tanks any dragon niche is the sheer number of dragons in existence. We do have 10,000+ players online on any given day, after all. Rare eyed dragons have been exalted for months now. All goat eyed dragons I've bred have been fodder. I have a facet now, with matching colors, that hasn't yet sold--it's only listed at 50,000 treasure. If we had facet in the MP for 50,000, I'd say it's too cheap! So IMHO, facet eyed dragons are already cheaper than any facet vial should be. Therefore, no facet market would be harmed in a controlled release of facet vials. The only place I could see maybe there being harm is G1. But let's face it, that was a market that didn't need any boost to begin with. It's also a market that is completely player determined; only players decided G1s are more valuable than other dragons. --Also, since G1s aren't bred for, then any thoughts about individual eye vials changing breeding mechanics is moot in that point since G1s don't use breeding mechanics. If anything, individual eye vials might invigorate different areas of the market--dragons players would have bought except they don't have the "perfect" eyes. Now players would be more inclined to buy those dragons and work for new eyes. Any negatives of this situation have an equal positives. And there are many more positives that stand alone without any negatives. We want to enjoy new eyes on old dragons. Please give us a way to work towards that.
Quote:
Sure it'd tank the prices of special-eyed dragons, but...

I'm not even convinced it would tank the special eyed dragon economy any more than it already is. What tanks any dragon niche is the sheer number of dragons in existence. We do have 10,000+ players online on any given day, after all. Rare eyed dragons have been exalted for months now. All goat eyed dragons I've bred have been fodder. I have a facet now, with matching colors, that hasn't yet sold--it's only listed at 50,000 treasure. If we had facet in the MP for 50,000, I'd say it's too cheap! So IMHO, facet eyed dragons are already cheaper than any facet vial should be. Therefore, no facet market would be harmed in a controlled release of facet vials.

The only place I could see maybe there being harm is G1. But let's face it, that was a market that didn't need any boost to begin with. It's also a market that is completely player determined; only players decided G1s are more valuable than other dragons. --Also, since G1s aren't bred for, then any thoughts about individual eye vials changing breeding mechanics is moot in that point since G1s don't use breeding mechanics.

If anything, individual eye vials might invigorate different areas of the market--dragons players would have bought except they don't have the "perfect" eyes. Now players would be more inclined to buy those dragons and work for new eyes.

Any negatives of this situation have an equal positives. And there are many more positives that stand alone without any negatives. We want to enjoy new eyes on old dragons. Please give us a way to work towards that.
Pings are disabled.

As Gema said, it wouldn't tank the price of special eyed dragons.

They tanked all by themselves. As I said long before thism the only dragons whose prices HAVEN'T tanked are gen1s, and not just ANY gen one.

However, those are also dragons who didn't need a boost to their economy, because they were already valuable. This just gives 'special' gen1s even more value.

However, randomly bred dragons, or even specifically bred dragons are not really any more valuable today than they were before the eye update. Before the eye update, if someone was looking for a specific XYZ/XXY/XXX bred dragon, they usually had a price they would pay and no more. it is the exact same now, except that they add eye color in. If they find a dragon matching their criteria in their price range, they are going to buy it, if not, then they don't buy it.
As Gema said, it wouldn't tank the price of special eyed dragons.

They tanked all by themselves. As I said long before thism the only dragons whose prices HAVEN'T tanked are gen1s, and not just ANY gen one.

However, those are also dragons who didn't need a boost to their economy, because they were already valuable. This just gives 'special' gen1s even more value.

However, randomly bred dragons, or even specifically bred dragons are not really any more valuable today than they were before the eye update. Before the eye update, if someone was looking for a specific XYZ/XXY/XXX bred dragon, they usually had a price they would pay and no more. it is the exact same now, except that they add eye color in. If they find a dragon matching their criteria in their price range, they are going to buy it, if not, then they don't buy it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
And again, if the sell value of dragons born with such eyes is a concern, a transfer mechanic would fix that in spades, especially if there were a failure rate.
And again, if the sell value of dragons born with such eyes is a concern, a transfer mechanic would fix that in spades, especially if there were a failure rate.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 167 168