Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Type Vials Purchasable
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote]If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one. [/quote] Yes, you can just go pick up a primal dragon. But you can't just go pick up [i]this[/i] primal dragon. This is the one I want. (And, lucky me, she was only 20k only a month after the eye update. But I never could have bred for this myself, since I'm not in Ice. Any non-Wind goal dragon I have is 100% out of my hands and [i]cannot[/i] be worked for.) [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=25&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=7&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=35630ec80dc39fd2b0474926bfec44edfd36d2b7&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] I think it's unfair to say that because some people get gifts from their parents, the rest of us can't work for something. I would love to spend some of my money here (I even budgeted for it when I first got my job as a gift to myself for my new job... and then decided to wait after the whole eyepocalypse... talk about disappointment). In fact, wouldn't it be good for everyone if I did spend some money here...?
Quote:
If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one.
Yes, you can just go pick up a primal dragon.

But you can't just go pick up this primal dragon. This is the one I want. (And, lucky me, she was only 20k only a month after the eye update. But I never could have bred for this myself, since I'm not in Ice. Any non-Wind goal dragon I have is 100% out of my hands and cannot be worked for.)
dragon?age=1&body=74&bodygene=25&breed=8&element=6&eyetype=6&gender=1&tert=3&tertgene=7&winggene=25&wings=11&auth=35630ec80dc39fd2b0474926bfec44edfd36d2b7&dummyext=prev.png

I think it's unfair to say that because some people get gifts from their parents, the rest of us can't work for something. I would love to spend some of my money here (I even budgeted for it when I first got my job as a gift to myself for my new job... and then decided to wait after the whole eyepocalypse... talk about disappointment). In fact, wouldn't it be good for everyone if I did spend some money here...?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2019-05-20 12:27:24" ] [quote]If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one. [/quote] Yes, you can just go pick up a primal dragon.[/quote] To add onto this, you can just go buy a dragon with tiger as well... You can just buy a generation one dragon as well... You can just buy that Tundra... You can just go buy a dragon with an appealing XYZ color combo. The difference is that, all of these, you can also change yourself. You can buy a Gene Scroll to change a dragon to have Tiger, you can hatch your own G1, you can change that Mirror into a Tundra, you can use a scatterscroll to change an ugly XYZ into an appealing XYZ (or XXY, or even XXX if you're lucky) color combo. The only thing that is unchangeable is changing something INTO an Imperial dragon, which is directly tied to a fundraiser item, so that makes sense. Natural eye types... are just an update to a system. When everything else is able to be changed by the user's own input, why isn't this?
Almedha wrote on 2019-05-20 12:27:24:
Quote:
If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one.
Yes, you can just go pick up a primal dragon.

To add onto this, you can just go buy a dragon with tiger as well... You can just buy a generation one dragon as well... You can just buy that Tundra... You can just go buy a dragon with an appealing XYZ color combo.

The difference is that, all of these, you can also change yourself. You can buy a Gene Scroll to change a dragon to have Tiger, you can hatch your own G1, you can change that Mirror into a Tundra, you can use a scatterscroll to change an ugly XYZ into an appealing XYZ (or XXY, or even XXX if you're lucky) color combo.

The only thing that is unchangeable is changing something INTO an Imperial dragon, which is directly tied to a fundraiser item, so that makes sense. Natural eye types... are just an update to a system. When everything else is able to be changed by the user's own input, why isn't this?
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
[quote]If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one[/quote] The VAST majority of players don't want a random dragon because it has primal eyes. They want a certain breed, pose, color, gene, flight etc combo. And/or they want to put new eyes on old dragons. Therefore, 1 million treasure (example) for everyone to buy one vial is perfectly fair--much fairer than a subjective RNG. [quote] For example, you could have a kid who gets gems as a gift from their parents.[/quote] [quote]The point that I'm trying to make isn't about existing dragons or new hatchlings. It's about putting in the effort and getting the reward. That effort could come in the form of fodder exalted for treasure or real-life lawns mowed for gem money or items looted for a Baldwin brew or whatever.[/quote] The parents put in hard work at their jobs for the money they chose to gift. Someone had to work hard. The same would be true if someone happened to win Opal through a raffle. Someone had to work to put Opal in the raffle to begin with. Effort should be rewarded; that's how FR always operated AND it's what's best for the site. Putting a pair of dragons on a nest and incubating them for thirty seconds every day (and nothing further) isn't what's best for FR. It isn't bringing in ad revenue or getting players participating or prolonging its longevity and fun. It's encouraging passive play and players spending their time on sites that aren't FR.
Quote:
If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one
The VAST majority of players don't want a random dragon because it has primal eyes. They want a certain breed, pose, color, gene, flight etc combo. And/or they want to put new eyes on old dragons.

Therefore, 1 million treasure (example) for everyone to buy one vial is perfectly fair--much fairer than a subjective RNG.

Quote:
For example, you could have a kid who gets gems as a gift from their parents.
Quote:
The point that I'm trying to make isn't about existing dragons or new hatchlings. It's about putting in the effort and getting the reward. That effort could come in the form of fodder exalted for treasure or real-life lawns mowed for gem money or items looted for a Baldwin brew or whatever.
The parents put in hard work at their jobs for the money they chose to gift. Someone had to work hard. The same would be true if someone happened to win Opal through a raffle. Someone had to work to put Opal in the raffle to begin with.

Effort should be rewarded; that's how FR always operated AND it's what's best for the site. Putting a pair of dragons on a nest and incubating them for thirty seconds every day (and nothing further) isn't what's best for FR. It isn't bringing in ad revenue or getting players participating or prolonging its longevity and fun. It's encouraging passive play and players spending their time on sites that aren't FR.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Never ending support

Scattersights were bad, and we only want them because they are literally the only way to get a Primal on a dragon not born with it. Go ahead and retire them forever, just give us a way to put natural eye types on our dragons.

Even if we were never given scattersights people would STILL complain about not being able to apply natural eye types to their dragons! Why? Because there are plenty of other eye types you CAN apply with a vial! Why can I put this eye type on a dragon but not this type? Why is it I can't apply an item to do something as simple as change the hue of the eyetype on an existing dragon?

Let primals and multis be coli or gathering drops to keep them "rare" for all I care, there is no reason we can't have them be something you can apply AND randomly breed. There is no other feature like that besides things that actually make sense like Imps and Element.

Dancing around just adding these vials is causing problems. Not only are people upset, but account bound items has opened up a brand new door for scamming, with people taking advantage of those desperate to customize their dragons. It may not be supported, but it's still going to happen now that it's the only way to apply new natural eye types. If you could just get them in any other way where they are accessible and aren't limited it would solve all these problems.
Never ending support

Scattersights were bad, and we only want them because they are literally the only way to get a Primal on a dragon not born with it. Go ahead and retire them forever, just give us a way to put natural eye types on our dragons.

Even if we were never given scattersights people would STILL complain about not being able to apply natural eye types to their dragons! Why? Because there are plenty of other eye types you CAN apply with a vial! Why can I put this eye type on a dragon but not this type? Why is it I can't apply an item to do something as simple as change the hue of the eyetype on an existing dragon?

Let primals and multis be coli or gathering drops to keep them "rare" for all I care, there is no reason we can't have them be something you can apply AND randomly breed. There is no other feature like that besides things that actually make sense like Imps and Element.

Dancing around just adding these vials is causing problems. Not only are people upset, but account bound items has opened up a brand new door for scamming, with people taking advantage of those desperate to customize their dragons. It may not be supported, but it's still going to happen now that it's the only way to apply new natural eye types. If you could just get them in any other way where they are accessible and aren't limited it would solve all these problems.
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
I support this.

I understand the idea 'but I want random things happening while breeding' but I will never truly understand 'my enjoyment of X will be diminished because THEY can enjoy X without doing the exact same thing I did'.

I cannot just go out and buy replacement dragons. I literally cannot replace JAin. He is my progen, and thus has a special place, due to site mechanics, in the lair.

Getting a random Azure/Blue/Blue male guardian won't replace Kynin, because Kynin is special because I bred him myself from two gift dragons who had a somewhat large range and whose range got even larger.

I cannot get another Carrot/Oilslick/Strawberry Female Wildclaw because Elua was a gift that came with eliminate and was already level 25. She also wasn't those colors when I got her, but rather I used a scatterscroll on her.

I could go on for other dragons in my lair, but I am sure the point has been gotten across.

Dragons cannot just be 'rebred' for just because you (general you, not specifically anyone) doesnt' get attached to pixels. other players do get attached to pixels.

This is also discounting all the gen1s that literally cannot be bred for, but must be rehatched, especially those who were around from before the color wheel revamp. Rehatching a gen 1 with a specific color scheme in the right element with the right type of natural eyes is nearly impossible unless you get super lucky.

While I am grateful for the eye vials and that all clans will get two vials when a new eye type comes out, to me, it is nothing more than slapping a band-aid on the situtation. It helps, but the wound is deeper and requires something more than superficial aid.

Do I think these eye vials need to be constantly available? No
Do I think that these eye vials need to be cheap? No

These eye vials can be very rare, say two released on the anniversary of their being introduced (so every anniversary we could obtain two eye vials or even one eye vial, of the natural eye types excluding goat). They can also be something where you can only choose ONE. So, instead of getting one of each vial, you have to choose whether you want a primal, multi, faceted, uncommon etc... vial and then wait for the next year to get another.

They could be very expensive all year round (talking gem gene expense).

They could be randomly given out through Galore.

There are multiple options available where they wouldn't flood the market, still be special, and wouldn't affect breeding.

The only ones who would be affected are the users who do not want ANY type of solution to the eye problem because they feels it diminishes their accomplishments if other users can obtain the eye variants in a different way than breeding.
I support this.

I understand the idea 'but I want random things happening while breeding' but I will never truly understand 'my enjoyment of X will be diminished because THEY can enjoy X without doing the exact same thing I did'.

I cannot just go out and buy replacement dragons. I literally cannot replace JAin. He is my progen, and thus has a special place, due to site mechanics, in the lair.

Getting a random Azure/Blue/Blue male guardian won't replace Kynin, because Kynin is special because I bred him myself from two gift dragons who had a somewhat large range and whose range got even larger.

I cannot get another Carrot/Oilslick/Strawberry Female Wildclaw because Elua was a gift that came with eliminate and was already level 25. She also wasn't those colors when I got her, but rather I used a scatterscroll on her.

I could go on for other dragons in my lair, but I am sure the point has been gotten across.

Dragons cannot just be 'rebred' for just because you (general you, not specifically anyone) doesnt' get attached to pixels. other players do get attached to pixels.

This is also discounting all the gen1s that literally cannot be bred for, but must be rehatched, especially those who were around from before the color wheel revamp. Rehatching a gen 1 with a specific color scheme in the right element with the right type of natural eyes is nearly impossible unless you get super lucky.

While I am grateful for the eye vials and that all clans will get two vials when a new eye type comes out, to me, it is nothing more than slapping a band-aid on the situtation. It helps, but the wound is deeper and requires something more than superficial aid.

Do I think these eye vials need to be constantly available? No
Do I think that these eye vials need to be cheap? No

These eye vials can be very rare, say two released on the anniversary of their being introduced (so every anniversary we could obtain two eye vials or even one eye vial, of the natural eye types excluding goat). They can also be something where you can only choose ONE. So, instead of getting one of each vial, you have to choose whether you want a primal, multi, faceted, uncommon etc... vial and then wait for the next year to get another.

They could be very expensive all year round (talking gem gene expense).

They could be randomly given out through Galore.

There are multiple options available where they wouldn't flood the market, still be special, and wouldn't affect breeding.

The only ones who would be affected are the users who do not want ANY type of solution to the eye problem because they feels it diminishes their accomplishments if other users can obtain the eye variants in a different way than breeding.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
As somebody who was not here when the whole eye thing happened, support!

I'd like to have some way to add the older eye type onto dragons that we already have, especially ones that can't just be re-bred (g1s, progens, gift/birthday dergs, special ids, etc)

like? i'd totally kill for my progen to have primal eyes. in order for that to happen i'd have to go through the finite supply of scattersights just for the extremely low chance of getting it. being able to buy the primal eye type, even if it is super expensive (like, gem gene high or above,) would fix this!

also it wouldn't affect breeding because those who want to breed for the eye types can still just breed for the eye types!
As somebody who was not here when the whole eye thing happened, support!

I'd like to have some way to add the older eye type onto dragons that we already have, especially ones that can't just be re-bred (g1s, progens, gift/birthday dergs, special ids, etc)

like? i'd totally kill for my progen to have primal eyes. in order for that to happen i'd have to go through the finite supply of scattersights just for the extremely low chance of getting it. being able to buy the primal eye type, even if it is super expensive (like, gem gene high or above,) would fix this!

also it wouldn't affect breeding because those who want to breed for the eye types can still just breed for the eye types!
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
Again support.

I can tolerate RNG in the Coli but I can't tolerate it in the customization of my dragons. It's been said that it's hard work versus chance and I will take hard work over chance every time.

If a Vial of Primal Sight cost 500 gems and was only available once a year or every two years? Yes, I'd fork over the money to buy it!
Again support.

I can tolerate RNG in the Coli but I can't tolerate it in the customization of my dragons. It's been said that it's hard work versus chance and I will take hard work over chance every time.

If a Vial of Primal Sight cost 500 gems and was only available once a year or every two years? Yes, I'd fork over the money to buy it!
2v32at4.jpg
After having read over much of the discussion about eye types, I support this. As someone who is a G1-only lair, I'd like to be able to add eye types to my dragons that don't have unique eyes already.

Also, adding further support: adding vials will give people the ability to change how their dragon looks. If they like faceted one day and want to change it, people should be able to do that. After all, it will cost more money, and will cause people to stay longer on site -- further generating ad revenue for the game. If vials were added, I think people would have a greater reason to continue actively playing FR.
After having read over much of the discussion about eye types, I support this. As someone who is a G1-only lair, I'd like to be able to add eye types to my dragons that don't have unique eyes already.

Also, adding further support: adding vials will give people the ability to change how their dragon looks. If they like faceted one day and want to change it, people should be able to do that. After all, it will cost more money, and will cause people to stay longer on site -- further generating ad revenue for the game. If vials were added, I think people would have a greater reason to continue actively playing FR.
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
Updated the front with new information!
Updated the front with new information!

InB4 This thread gets locked like the rest of them.

also yeah I fully support this, I don't care how much I need to pay. I just want primal on a derg of mine.
InB4 This thread gets locked like the rest of them.

also yeah I fully support this, I don't care how much I need to pay. I just want primal on a derg of mine.
91741235.png77876607.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7