Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Eye Type Vials Purchasable
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote]It also makes the eye-type something that everyone can almost EQUALLY access[/quote] The thing is, RNG ISN'T equal. Player A could breed/scatter primal on the very first try whereas Player B could breed/scatter 100 times and never seen primal once. Primal costing a million treasure? That is equal. It costs A 1mil; it costs B 1 mil. Both players must put forth 1 million treasure worth of effort to earn primal. RNG only favors the lucky. Hard work favors everyone.
Quote:
It also makes the eye-type something that everyone can almost EQUALLY access

The thing is, RNG ISN'T equal. Player A could breed/scatter primal on the very first try whereas Player B could breed/scatter 100 times and never seen primal once.

Primal costing a million treasure? That is equal. It costs A 1mil; it costs B 1 mil. Both players must put forth 1 million treasure worth of effort to earn primal.

RNG only favors the lucky. Hard work favors everyone.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@nekosysteme

They're not anniversary items, they're just a gift to celebrate Galore's launch!

@nekosysteme

They're not anniversary items, they're just a gift to celebrate Galore's launch!

@Vendrus I'm so sorry, I am afraid I'm unsure what you mean here. Is breeding affected by my ability to breed two Mirrors together and then breedchange their child into a Ridgeback? You can breed for the Tiger gene, or you can buy it and slap it on a dragon. The same should be true of eyes. Having Tiger available to buy doesn't change that you can still breed for Tiger for free. @nekosysteme [quote] it's important the natural eye types stay a mostly equally accessible ressource.[/quote] What do you mean by accessible? A retired consumable, or account locked item is not accessible for long, or for anyone who will be gone this week so they can collect these vials. Saving up money to buy a vial is accessible to all. Waiting and hoping to breed a dragon with the eyes is also accessible to those who breed their dragons, but if this person gets the right gender, color and genes on a breeding project after months of struggle, they can go buy a vial and finish their project off. That's accessible.
@Vendrus

I'm so sorry, I am afraid I'm unsure what you mean here. Is breeding affected by my ability to breed two Mirrors together and then breedchange their child into a Ridgeback?

You can breed for the Tiger gene, or you can buy it and slap it on a dragon. The same should be true of eyes. Having Tiger available to buy doesn't change that you can still breed for Tiger for free.

@nekosysteme
Quote:
it's important the natural eye types stay a mostly equally accessible ressource.

What do you mean by accessible? A retired consumable, or account locked item is not accessible for long, or for anyone who will be gone this week so they can collect these vials. Saving up money to buy a vial is accessible to all. Waiting and hoping to breed a dragon with the eyes is also accessible to those who breed their dragons, but if this person gets the right gender, color and genes on a breeding project after months of struggle, they can go buy a vial and finish their project off. That's accessible.

Support, I feel like the account locked vials are a step in the right direction but also feels like a convenient way to ignore the fact that the issue hasn't been fully resolved
Support, I feel like the account locked vials are a step in the right direction but also feels like a convenient way to ignore the fact that the issue hasn't been fully resolved
Flat out, preventing people from having the opportunity to change a dragon's eye type to a different natural eye type feels completely against the spirit of the site. The ONLY other thing that we have that is like this are Imperial Scrolls.

Imperial.

Scrolls.

Why should natural eye types not be allowed to be applied in the same way genes and breeds are? Even colors are able to be changed via a scroll, at a cost and the chance of getting a combination you're not happy with.

EVERYTHING else is accessible in this way. Preventing customization in a site that's obviously meant to be highly customizable is a real low blow.

Support this suggestion, even if it means spending an arm and a leg to obtain the item.
Flat out, preventing people from having the opportunity to change a dragon's eye type to a different natural eye type feels completely against the spirit of the site. The ONLY other thing that we have that is like this are Imperial Scrolls.

Imperial.

Scrolls.

Why should natural eye types not be allowed to be applied in the same way genes and breeds are? Even colors are able to be changed via a scroll, at a cost and the chance of getting a combination you're not happy with.

EVERYTHING else is accessible in this way. Preventing customization in a site that's obviously meant to be highly customizable is a real low blow.

Support this suggestion, even if it means spending an arm and a leg to obtain the item.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Support

Though I would like to see a variety of other difficult ways to get natural eye vials such as high level Baldwin recipe, a challenging Swipp trade or a rare coil drop as apposed to having all natural eye types in the treasure marketplace for a very high price. I think this would make getting eyes more enjoyable and give other methods for obtaining vials that would fit other users play styles.

Support

Though I would like to see a variety of other difficult ways to get natural eye vials such as high level Baldwin recipe, a challenging Swipp trade or a rare coil drop as apposed to having all natural eye types in the treasure marketplace for a very high price. I think this would make getting eyes more enjoyable and give other methods for obtaining vials that would fit other users play styles.

@Sopheroo Yes I know but it's anniversary-like to me XD
Quote:
The thing is, RNG ISN'T equal. Player A could breed/scatter primal on the very first try whereas Player B could breed/scatter 100 times and never seen primal once.

Primal costing a million treasure? That is equal. It costs A 1mil; it costs B 1 mil. Both players must put forth 1 million treasure worth of effort to earn primal.

If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one. The problem is mostly about giving those eyes to older dragons (which scatterscroll, you're right, can't guarantee, and not only that, but we're going to run out of them eventually), and I think having two free vials by account like they did with the goat eyes (except not account-bound) would be a nice way to do that while keeping it fair.

Also, not everyone who has money on FR has it thanks to hard work. For example, you could have a kid who gets gems as a gift from their parents. That has nothing to do with hardwork. RNG is just as fair/unfair as that, but it has the option to favor different people. And giving two free not-account-bound vials of every a to everyone (which is what I want) is absolutely fair.

@thecatsred I know this issue is frustrating but I don't think giving people with the most treasure another bonus is a good thing... I think I've said what I wanted to say. I don't really feel like discussing this issue anymore and just wanted to clarify my point about fair/unfair. I won't respond to this threat anymore but if you feel like responding to my points to add to your point, feel free to do so!

(EDIT : swipp swapp and baldwin are also good options but I don't think the mods will add them, they really don't seem to want to...)
@Sopheroo Yes I know but it's anniversary-like to me XD
Quote:

If you want a dragon with primal eyes you can just buy one. The problem is mostly about giving those eyes to older dragons (which scatterscroll, you're right, can't guarantee, and not only that, but we're going to run out of them eventually), and I think having two free vials by account like they did with the goat eyes (except not account-bound) would be a nice way to do that while keeping it fair.

Also, not everyone who has money on FR has it thanks to hard work. For example, you could have a kid who gets gems as a gift from their parents. That has nothing to do with hardwork. RNG is just as fair/unfair as that, but it has the option to favor different people. And giving two free not-account-bound vials of every a to everyone (which is what I want) is absolutely fair.

@thecatsred I know this issue is frustrating but I don't think giving people with the most treasure another bonus is a good thing... I think I've said what I wanted to say. I don't really feel like discussing this issue anymore and just wanted to clarify my point about fair/unfair. I won't respond to this threat anymore but if you feel like responding to my points to add to your point, feel free to do so!

(EDIT : swipp swapp and baldwin are also good options but I don't think the mods will add them, they really don't seem to want to...)
@Vendrus You're right, it was a bad metaphor. There is no perfect metaphor unfortunately, because the eyes are something that none of us anticipated.

The point that I'm trying to make isn't about existing dragons or new hatchlings. It's about putting in the effort and getting the reward. That effort could come in the form of fodder exalted for treasure or real-life lawns mowed for gem money or items looted for a Baldwin brew or whatever. There's some people who say that putting in your 6-12 years (see sig link) of nesting is the same as all that, and in a small way, I can agree with that. The problem is that few people stay on the same pet site for 12 years. Even less so when their goals are that difficult to achieve.

(Forgive my late replies.)
@Vendrus You're right, it was a bad metaphor. There is no perfect metaphor unfortunately, because the eyes are something that none of us anticipated.

The point that I'm trying to make isn't about existing dragons or new hatchlings. It's about putting in the effort and getting the reward. That effort could come in the form of fodder exalted for treasure or real-life lawns mowed for gem money or items looted for a Baldwin brew or whatever. There's some people who say that putting in your 6-12 years (see sig link) of nesting is the same as all that, and in a small way, I can agree with that. The problem is that few people stay on the same pet site for 12 years. Even less so when their goals are that difficult to achieve.

(Forgive my late replies.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
@SaikiyoLuna

Oh, I sort of forgot about Baldwin, Swipp and the Coli. I'll add that to the main post.
@SaikiyoLuna

Oh, I sort of forgot about Baldwin, Swipp and the Coli. I'll add that to the main post.

@/nekosysteme

I added the options for Baldwin, Swipp and Coli to the front page since I kinda like that better, if I'm honest. Coli drops of Primal vials that come from boss fights could be interesting.
@/nekosysteme

I added the options for Baldwin, Swipp and Coli to the front page since I kinda like that better, if I'm honest. Coli drops of Primal vials that come from boss fights could be interesting.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7