Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename Rainbow Sprite...
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@forestwolf

Is there a legitimately good reason to KEEP the name, then. Because preventing scams is a legitimately good reason to change it. Removing confusion is a legitimately good reason to change it.

"It's always been that way" isn't a good reason btw.
Quote:
I cannot believe I am being griefed by people about this. Every single time I make a comment here or in FRD I'm the one who gets rudely attacked. I'm sick of it. Searching the AH for an item isn't hard. Distinguishing a Rainbow Sprite from flight sprites isn't hard. Reading the descriptions of familiars isn't hard.

Dude, you're literally victim blaming people - how did you not expect people to be wary or cautious about you?
@forestwolf

Is there a legitimately good reason to KEEP the name, then. Because preventing scams is a legitimately good reason to change it. Removing confusion is a legitimately good reason to change it.

"It's always been that way" isn't a good reason btw.
Quote:
I cannot believe I am being griefed by people about this. Every single time I make a comment here or in FRD I'm the one who gets rudely attacked. I'm sick of it. Searching the AH for an item isn't hard. Distinguishing a Rainbow Sprite from flight sprites isn't hard. Reading the descriptions of familiars isn't hard.

Dude, you're literally victim blaming people - how did you not expect people to be wary or cautious about you?
@Sopheroo

Yeah, "it's always been that way" was exactly the argument you made to me when I suggested the Flower Bundles contain Flowerfalls. And where exactly did I say "it's always been that way" in my posts?
@Sopheroo

Yeah, "it's always been that way" was exactly the argument you made to me when I suggested the Flower Bundles contain Flowerfalls. And where exactly did I say "it's always been that way" in my posts?
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[quote name="Forestwolf" date="2019-03-10 16:32:01" ] Jemadar People just need to pay attention and read. It's really as simple as that and doesn't change whether one is new to FR or a veteran. [/quote] New players are vulnerable to scams, and it isn't always a matter of 'reading'. Sometimes players see what they think is a good deal while searching for sprite, so they buy. THAT is a scam, no matter what you think, because those players who are placing their rainbow sprites for that high of price KNOW they are going to be listed when a person searches for sprites. Also. 'reading the description of the sprites isn't hard'. Yes it can be. Mobile users have issues with popup descriptions already, some users have computers who don't always let popups go away (I am plagued by this, sometimes if I accidentally hover over an item that has a popup, the popup will stay on page even if I scroll away, and it will prevent other popups from showing up), some users have poor english skills (since FR DOES have an international audience after all), some users just have poor reading skills. While Iam sure that everyone on site can read in some form, that doesn't mean that it is necessarily easy for them to understand things. Plus, as Almedha said, searching for specific sprites requires 11 different searches. When people search, they aren't necessarily looking for a specific sprite, but rather just general 'are there any good deals'.
Forestwolf wrote on 2019-03-10 16:32:01:
Jemadar

People just need to pay attention and read. It's really as simple as that and doesn't change whether one is new to FR or a veteran.

New players are vulnerable to scams, and it isn't always a matter of 'reading'. Sometimes players see what they think is a good deal while searching for sprite, so they buy. THAT is a scam, no matter what you think, because those players who are placing their rainbow sprites for that high of price KNOW they are going to be listed when a person searches for sprites.

Also. 'reading the description of the sprites isn't hard'. Yes it can be. Mobile users have issues with popup descriptions already, some users have computers who don't always let popups go away (I am plagued by this, sometimes if I accidentally hover over an item that has a popup, the popup will stay on page even if I scroll away, and it will prevent other popups from showing up), some users have poor english skills (since FR DOES have an international audience after all), some users just have poor reading skills. While Iam sure that everyone on site can read in some form, that doesn't mean that it is necessarily easy for them to understand things.

Plus, as Almedha said, searching for specific sprites requires 11 different searches. When people search, they aren't necessarily looking for a specific sprite, but rather just general 'are there any good deals'.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Forestwolf" date="2019-03-10 16:49:44" ] Sopheroo Yeah, "it's always been that way" was exactly the argument you made to me when I suggested the Flower Bundles contain Flowerfalls. And where exactly did I say "it's always been that way" in my posts? [/quote] @forestwolf Nope - my argument was "Two of the flowerfalls are Swipp items, it is not user-friendly to have some bundles with flowerfalls, and some of them without flowerfalls" Try again.
Forestwolf wrote on 2019-03-10 16:49:44:
Sopheroo

@forestwolf

Nope - my argument was "Two of the flowerfalls are Swipp items, it is not user-friendly to have some bundles with flowerfalls, and some of them without flowerfalls"

Try again.
[quote name="@Forestwolf" date="2019-03-10 16:45:16" ] I cannot believe I am being griefed by people about this. Every single time I make a comment here or in FRD I'm the one who gets rudely attacked. I'm sick of it. Searching the AH for an item isn't hard. Distinguishing a Rainbow Sprite from flight sprites isn't hard. Reading the descriptions of familiars isn't hard. [/quote] Sorry; you pinged me, so I pinged back. The only time I ping is when I am pinged. I didn't attack, I asked a question that followed from a statement you made. Making the statement that "it's not hard" comes with the implication that there is something that is hard. In this case, it's the staff renaming a single item. One entity taking one action cannot be harder than a dozen or more people taking eleven action for the same outcome.
@Forestwolf wrote on 2019-03-10 16:45:16:
Sorry; you pinged me, so I pinged back. The only time I ping is when I am pinged. I didn't attack, I asked a question that followed from a statement you made.

Making the statement that "it's not hard" comes with the implication that there is something that is hard. In this case, it's the staff renaming a single item. One entity taking one action cannot be harder than a dozen or more people taking eleven action for the same outcome.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
@Almedha

I'm done here. Stop pinging me now.
@Almedha

I'm done here. Stop pinging me now.
While I do like the name Rainbow Sprite far more than Rainbow Flycatcher, I do think that this would be a good change simply because of the potential for scamming due to the similarity in names.
While I do like the name Rainbow Sprite far more than Rainbow Flycatcher, I do think that this would be a good change simply because of the potential for scamming due to the similarity in names.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
If there were more familiars named 'Sprite' I would be less supportive of this.

However, the fact is, there are exactly 12 familiars with the word 'sprite' in their name.

11 of those all belong to the same group, festival familiars, while the last one is the lone outlier of the group, it belongs to one of the most common sets of familiars: Coliseum familiars.

If renaming one single familiar can save players from being scammed, whether they are new or old, then I feel it is worth it.
If there were more familiars named 'Sprite' I would be less supportive of this.

However, the fact is, there are exactly 12 familiars with the word 'sprite' in their name.

11 of those all belong to the same group, festival familiars, while the last one is the lone outlier of the group, it belongs to one of the most common sets of familiars: Coliseum familiars.

If renaming one single familiar can save players from being scammed, whether they are new or old, then I feel it is worth it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Forestwolf" date="2019-03-10 16:30:33" ] I don't understand why that's hard. Search for each elemental sprite in the AH under the name, e.g. Light Sprite, Earth Sprite, and so on and so forth. [/quote] The way I collected the sprites, I made a spreadsheet with them, and filled it in daily with the LAH price of each one. I did this over a period of months, while I was saving up to be able to afford them. I wanted to know what kind of price fluctuations tended to occur, so I could buy at a low point if possible; plus, since I didn't need to buy them in a firm order, whenever I'd saved up enough for one of the middling-priced ones, I could buy whichever one was the best deal. So, yes, it would have taken much longer to do that every day if I'd had to do 11 separate AH searches.
Forestwolf wrote on 2019-03-10 16:30:33:
I don't understand why that's hard. Search for each elemental sprite in the AH under the name, e.g. Light Sprite, Earth Sprite, and so on and so forth.

The way I collected the sprites, I made a spreadsheet with them, and filled it in daily with the LAH price of each one. I did this over a period of months, while I was saving up to be able to afford them. I wanted to know what kind of price fluctuations tended to occur, so I could buy at a low point if possible; plus, since I didn't need to buy them in a firm order, whenever I'd saved up enough for one of the middling-priced ones, I could buy whichever one was the best deal.

So, yes, it would have taken much longer to do that every day if I'd had to do 11 separate AH searches.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Please stop quoting me about this already. I only stated my opinion, which still stands. I had no trouble when I first joined FR regarding the Rainbow Sprite. I still think people just need to protect themselves and learn about everything the site offers instead of expecting FR to keep everyone safe from scams. I've so far been told in a pm (and in not very nice terms) that I am disgusting and the sort of player that shouldn't be playing FR. I do not support scammers in any way. But the only way to be safe is to be informed. I don't appreciate any of this, and you all need to stop now. it's MY opinion. That's all.
Please stop quoting me about this already. I only stated my opinion, which still stands. I had no trouble when I first joined FR regarding the Rainbow Sprite. I still think people just need to protect themselves and learn about everything the site offers instead of expecting FR to keep everyone safe from scams. I've so far been told in a pm (and in not very nice terms) that I am disgusting and the sort of player that shouldn't be playing FR. I do not support scammers in any way. But the only way to be safe is to be informed. I don't appreciate any of this, and you all need to stop now. it's MY opinion. That's all.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19