Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Rename Rainbow Sprite...
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
My apologies. I assumed you were done with this thread, which was why I didn't ping you, but I wanted to offer MY perspective on the specific point you made for the sake of anyone else weighing the merits of the various pros and cons here.
My apologies. I assumed you were done with this thread, which was why I didn't ping you, but I wanted to offer MY perspective on the specific point you made for the sake of anyone else weighing the merits of the various pros and cons here.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Support both for preventing scamming and because it... honestly doesn't make sense to me to call it sprite? I dunno are they supposed to be fast? Whimsical? What makes it so special it gets to be called a sprite instead of just a flycatcher like its color swap? The name legitimately makes me think more of maybe some kind of Joxar's Spares recolors of the old sprites or something, not a fairly common Coli fish.
Support both for preventing scamming and because it... honestly doesn't make sense to me to call it sprite? I dunno are they supposed to be fast? Whimsical? What makes it so special it gets to be called a sprite instead of just a flycatcher like its color swap? The name legitimately makes me think more of maybe some kind of Joxar's Spares recolors of the old sprites or something, not a fairly common Coli fish.
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
YMPbu9R.png transcatcher.png
Sounds like a good idea, especially since there are no other familiars with the sprite name except that one. It would also make searching for them easier. Course if we could omit certain names that might work too, but just renaming the one that sticks out seems to be the easier option for now.
Sounds like a good idea, especially since there are no other familiars with the sprite name except that one. It would also make searching for them easier. Course if we could omit certain names that might work too, but just renaming the one that sticks out seems to be the easier option for now.
Leader of the Bear Army
b4PU1hl.png
Big support. This has bothered me since the beginning of time and also I imagine people have actually accidentally gotten scammed in the AH because people list them for ridiculous prices sometimes and all you're looking for is a sprite.
Big support. This has bothered me since the beginning of time and also I imagine people have actually accidentally gotten scammed in the AH because people list them for ridiculous prices sometimes and all you're looking for is a sprite.
support also bc when u search sprite, its mostly the rainbow sprite, and not the other sprites

so u have to go a few pages to find the sprites

this also happens with other familiars where the entire name of one familiar also appears in another familiars name

like the firebugs

so i think it would be also good if theres a link in each bestiary entry where it says "look up in ah" and it will give u an ah search of that familiar

also the ability to search by exact name

maybe another fix is to add another search feature to familiars that is how the familiar is obtained (elemental holiday, notn, cycling, retired, coli-exclusive, baldwin-exclusive, etc)

then u can still type in sprite and choose elemental holiday as a criteria and then u would only get the holiday sprites
support also bc when u search sprite, its mostly the rainbow sprite, and not the other sprites

so u have to go a few pages to find the sprites

this also happens with other familiars where the entire name of one familiar also appears in another familiars name

like the firebugs

so i think it would be also good if theres a link in each bestiary entry where it says "look up in ah" and it will give u an ah search of that familiar

also the ability to search by exact name

maybe another fix is to add another search feature to familiars that is how the familiar is obtained (elemental holiday, notn, cycling, retired, coli-exclusive, baldwin-exclusive, etc)

then u can still type in sprite and choose elemental holiday as a criteria and then u would only get the holiday sprites
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Quick reminder to this thread to please be sure to read and follow the Suggestions Forum Policies.
Specifically:
Quote:
- Harassment or mistreatment of players for their thread or ideas is not allowed.

- Voicing agreement or disagreement with suggestions is allowed, but please do so constructively. Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments will not be tolerated, and we strongly encourage that if you do not have something constructive to say, do not post in the thread.

- The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”
Quick reminder to this thread to please be sure to read and follow the Suggestions Forum Policies.
Specifically:
Quote:
- Harassment or mistreatment of players for their thread or ideas is not allowed.

- Voicing agreement or disagreement with suggestions is allowed, but please do so constructively. Blunt, antagonizing, or negative comments will not be tolerated, and we strongly encourage that if you do not have something constructive to say, do not post in the thread.

- The Suggestions Forum is a discussion forum, not a petition forum. Replies may not have ONLY the following in them:
  • “Support”
  • “No support”
  • Quoting another post
  • Quoting another post with ONLY “support/no support”
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
[quote name="monkfishlover" date="2019-03-11 18:37:00" ] maybe another fix is to add another search feature to familiars that is how the familiar is obtained (elemental holiday, notn, cycling, retired, coli-exclusive, baldwin-exclusive, etc) then u can still type in sprite and choose elemental holiday as a criteria and then u would only get the holiday sprites [/quote] I'd love that. As another example, the elemental sashes - I'd love to track prices for them the way I did with the Sprites, but if you just search 'Sash', you get way too much junk in there to be bothering with. (The skins tab would also benefit from a UMA/coli/holiday/etc filter.)
monkfishlover wrote on 2019-03-11 18:37:00:

I'd love that. As another example, the elemental sashes - I'd love to track prices for them the way I did with the Sprites, but if you just search 'Sash', you get way too much junk in there to be bothering with. (The skins tab would also benefit from a UMA/coli/holiday/etc filter.)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
No, I like the old name. It's meant to be funny and misleading. Scammers taking advantage of humor to trick newbies is the problem, not the familiar's name. Tomo even has it as one of her enlightning questions!
No, I like the old name. It's meant to be funny and misleading. Scammers taking advantage of humor to trick newbies is the problem, not the familiar's name. Tomo even has it as one of her enlightning questions!
w8o0xW1.png115067.pngHSjNvcy.png115066.pngw8o0xW1.png
While scammers are the problem here - and while there are other reasons listed in thread I'll still admit, one of the main reasons for requesting the name change...

There's no way to stop them from scamming? So even if they're the problem there is no viable solution.

The staff can't make a rule that you're not allowed to sell X item about # amount.

So if changing the name isn't the solution to the scamming problem... then what is?

I would also argue that I don't think the name was supposed to be misleading on purpose. Correct me if I'm horribly wrong but wasn't the Rainbow sprite here at the beginning of the site? Like BEFORE the elemental sprites were released?

I cannot find an announcement post that 'releases' them.

If that's the case I would hazard to guess that the Elemental Sprites were named AFTER the actual rainbow sprite. So I don't think staff went "Lets name the festival familiars after this random fish familiar"

In that case it seems to simply be an oversight.

If it IS meant to be intentionally misleading then... well... I guess some find it great fun to lose out on hundreds of gems because 'ha ha funny joke' but I'm not one of 'em.

Whether that was the staff intention or not, the item has taken a turn for the goofy - and not in a ha ha funny sort of way.

Like at least change the spelling of Sprite at the very least would help wonders - although it wouldn't necessarily fix the problem
While scammers are the problem here - and while there are other reasons listed in thread I'll still admit, one of the main reasons for requesting the name change...

There's no way to stop them from scamming? So even if they're the problem there is no viable solution.

The staff can't make a rule that you're not allowed to sell X item about # amount.

So if changing the name isn't the solution to the scamming problem... then what is?

I would also argue that I don't think the name was supposed to be misleading on purpose. Correct me if I'm horribly wrong but wasn't the Rainbow sprite here at the beginning of the site? Like BEFORE the elemental sprites were released?

I cannot find an announcement post that 'releases' them.

If that's the case I would hazard to guess that the Elemental Sprites were named AFTER the actual rainbow sprite. So I don't think staff went "Lets name the festival familiars after this random fish familiar"

In that case it seems to simply be an oversight.

If it IS meant to be intentionally misleading then... well... I guess some find it great fun to lose out on hundreds of gems because 'ha ha funny joke' but I'm not one of 'em.

Whether that was the staff intention or not, the item has taken a turn for the goofy - and not in a ha ha funny sort of way.

Like at least change the spelling of Sprite at the very least would help wonders - although it wouldn't necessarily fix the problem
IT7iTv8.png
Why would you want to have an intentionally misleading name? If the name was changed, the scammers wouldn't be able to do it. There will always be scammers, so the best thing to do is give them as few opportunities to scam as possible.

As for Tomo, she has a total of 685 questions. At 10 questions a day, assuming no duplicates, a person could conceivably play every day without encountering that question for more than two months, and the odds will only go down as more questions are added.

This is a change that will take 2 minutes to implement and will harm no one but people trying to take advantage of newbie's lack of knowledge.
Why would you want to have an intentionally misleading name? If the name was changed, the scammers wouldn't be able to do it. There will always be scammers, so the best thing to do is give them as few opportunities to scam as possible.

As for Tomo, she has a total of 685 questions. At 10 questions a day, assuming no duplicates, a person could conceivably play every day without encountering that question for more than two months, and the odds will only go down as more questions are added.

This is a change that will take 2 minutes to implement and will harm no one but people trying to take advantage of newbie's lack of knowledge.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19