Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Current Listings Link -Search AH by User
1 2
FR doesn't do the Shop thing, and that's fine. But I sometimes like to buy from particular users. Like that one user who occasionally makes huge dumps of 4pt foods in the AH for 9kt a x99 stack. (and I've gotten burned by "crafty" players slipping in x9 identical items right in the same price range so they get snapped up by reflex clicks)

There's other users I buy fodder from, but it somewhat feels a little skeevy to pop directly over to their lairs and pluck out hatchlings from their back pages. Like I'm stealing them out the back door of the AH.

So I'd like some kind of Search Sales By User entry box. Or, for user-end control, some kind of link to their current Realm-Wide Sales (or all sales, just with a greyed out button if it's a Flight-locked Sale or Private Sale), but it's at their discretion to show it as a link on their User Page or when they post that they have items for sale in the Forums (especially in the Item sales, since then you have to search for their items specifically in a list of identical items, using their name, particularly with skins and apparel items sometimes).

I don't think a great big thing is needed, but it's a new search parameter that buyers can use to narrow down the sellers they'd like to patronize more. Or for sellers, it'd be a more specific 'My Current Listings' that they could share as a link.

Instead of :http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/activity/current (showing/cancelling/modifying you your own current listings to yourself)

It'd be like: http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/activity/current/user/10642 (which someone else could go and see all of the stuff I have on offer, because the list itself doesn't discriminate between any items/dragons it goes in order of sale creation time)
FR doesn't do the Shop thing, and that's fine. But I sometimes like to buy from particular users. Like that one user who occasionally makes huge dumps of 4pt foods in the AH for 9kt a x99 stack. (and I've gotten burned by "crafty" players slipping in x9 identical items right in the same price range so they get snapped up by reflex clicks)

There's other users I buy fodder from, but it somewhat feels a little skeevy to pop directly over to their lairs and pluck out hatchlings from their back pages. Like I'm stealing them out the back door of the AH.

So I'd like some kind of Search Sales By User entry box. Or, for user-end control, some kind of link to their current Realm-Wide Sales (or all sales, just with a greyed out button if it's a Flight-locked Sale or Private Sale), but it's at their discretion to show it as a link on their User Page or when they post that they have items for sale in the Forums (especially in the Item sales, since then you have to search for their items specifically in a list of identical items, using their name, particularly with skins and apparel items sometimes).

I don't think a great big thing is needed, but it's a new search parameter that buyers can use to narrow down the sellers they'd like to patronize more. Or for sellers, it'd be a more specific 'My Current Listings' that they could share as a link.

Instead of :http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/activity/current (showing/cancelling/modifying you your own current listings to yourself)

It'd be like: http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/activity/current/user/10642 (which someone else could go and see all of the stuff I have on offer, because the list itself doesn't discriminate between any items/dragons it goes in order of sale creation time)
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I like buying from a lot of specific users, so I'd use this- I also can't think off the top of my head of any negatives. You can't spite-buy something from someone (I think?)- then if someone is dead-set on spite exalting, they can already do that, so this wouldn't add to that (I don't think).

Overall I think this would be fun
I like buying from a lot of specific users, so I'd use this- I also can't think off the top of my head of any negatives. You can't spite-buy something from someone (I think?)- then if someone is dead-set on spite exalting, they can already do that, so this wouldn't add to that (I don't think).

Overall I think this would be fun
I would love to see what my favorite skin and accent artists have for sale without having to search all their accents individually. Plus, you know, I'd rather buy directly from the artist than from 3rd-party sellers. Obviously you can do this through the forum shops, but a tool like this would make it much easier, and you don't have to wait for the artist to get online for a response.
I would love to see what my favorite skin and accent artists have for sale without having to search all their accents individually. Plus, you know, I'd rather buy directly from the artist than from 3rd-party sellers. Obviously you can do this through the forum shops, but a tool like this would make it much easier, and you don't have to wait for the artist to get online for a response.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
I'm not quite sure why this would be needed. You buy from the people that offer the cheapest items, yes? Sure surely you'd see them at the top of AH search anyway?

There's only three situations I can see this being used:
1) to see what dragons a certain user has on the AH, but you could just do that through their lair
2) some people mass sell familiars and you can sometimes find a good deal if you search through them. However, these are usually all listed at the same price, so they're all together anyway
3) someone has put an item down for low and you go "hm they don't seem to know the value of this item. I wonder if they don't know the value of any other items too". That'd be useful for reselling, yes, but I dunno... Feels a bit skeevy to me?

Being able to link to your auctions could be useful, I suppose, but then why not just add in user shops?

I dunno. I guess I can see good and bad points. If they were going to add it in, I'd want it to be very low priority.
I'm not quite sure why this would be needed. You buy from the people that offer the cheapest items, yes? Sure surely you'd see them at the top of AH search anyway?

There's only three situations I can see this being used:
1) to see what dragons a certain user has on the AH, but you could just do that through their lair
2) some people mass sell familiars and you can sometimes find a good deal if you search through them. However, these are usually all listed at the same price, so they're all together anyway
3) someone has put an item down for low and you go "hm they don't seem to know the value of this item. I wonder if they don't know the value of any other items too". That'd be useful for reselling, yes, but I dunno... Feels a bit skeevy to me?

Being able to link to your auctions could be useful, I suppose, but then why not just add in user shops?

I dunno. I guess I can see good and bad points. If they were going to add it in, I'd want it to be very low priority.
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif WNZCkzt.png tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
^ A semi-literate Warriors RP ^
@KingHarry.

Actually no, I buy from people I like for what ever reason or other. I'm not friends with my food guy, but I like to buy from him because I like what he stocks. One of the fodder people I frequent did me a coding favor once a couple of years back, so I continue to buy their dragons specifically. Another fodder person just gave me good conversation a few times, so they stand out from the rest of the fodder crowd so I like them and want to give them my treasure specifically.

Sometimes the cheapest person is that one guy who keeps undercutting everyone (or is that person who buys up short run skins with intent to flip. ex. One set of skins I bought has people selling them in the AH for 3kg, but if you asked the artist, they'd reprint for a blueprint and 200g per copy) and I'd rather personally not encourage it, if only by not giving them what they want.

Edit: I imagine that going by the "cheapest sale" would hurt a player trying to sell bulk apparel or a specific item or skin. Unless the item were very rare they would show up in a bunch of listings, like search for element emblem and count until you got to a player who's name started with P to be the item they made an Item for Sale post about. In the meantime, someone else has just undercut them by some amount, so if you buy the cheaper one, you the buyer have gotten the better deal, but P still hasn't sold their item. I'm sure it's a NMP for some people, but if I'm turned on to something, I like to buy it from the person who introduced me to it. But that's me.

But user shops are a whole feature, which would need art, ability to customize based on what you're selling (but would probably fit where Private Auction is, honestly) where this is an extra search function and should be much faster/easier/no frills to implement. "List all items sold by X" or a link to for.
@KingHarry.

Actually no, I buy from people I like for what ever reason or other. I'm not friends with my food guy, but I like to buy from him because I like what he stocks. One of the fodder people I frequent did me a coding favor once a couple of years back, so I continue to buy their dragons specifically. Another fodder person just gave me good conversation a few times, so they stand out from the rest of the fodder crowd so I like them and want to give them my treasure specifically.

Sometimes the cheapest person is that one guy who keeps undercutting everyone (or is that person who buys up short run skins with intent to flip. ex. One set of skins I bought has people selling them in the AH for 3kg, but if you asked the artist, they'd reprint for a blueprint and 200g per copy) and I'd rather personally not encourage it, if only by not giving them what they want.

Edit: I imagine that going by the "cheapest sale" would hurt a player trying to sell bulk apparel or a specific item or skin. Unless the item were very rare they would show up in a bunch of listings, like search for element emblem and count until you got to a player who's name started with P to be the item they made an Item for Sale post about. In the meantime, someone else has just undercut them by some amount, so if you buy the cheaper one, you the buyer have gotten the better deal, but P still hasn't sold their item. I'm sure it's a NMP for some people, but if I'm turned on to something, I like to buy it from the person who introduced me to it. But that's me.

But user shops are a whole feature, which would need art, ability to customize based on what you're selling (but would probably fit where Private Auction is, honestly) where this is an extra search function and should be much faster/easier/no frills to implement. "List all items sold by X" or a link to for.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I can support this, since I can't imagine a way to harass a user by... buying all their items, or something, assuming they consistently list items for the right prices. The AH inherently involves no direct communication, and you're right that sometimes you want to buy from specific users.

Other than some coding changes and maybe some added buttons in places, I can't imagine this being difficult to implement and adjust to, and it wouldn't be useless or solely cosmetic, either.
I can support this, since I can't imagine a way to harass a user by... buying all their items, or something, assuming they consistently list items for the right prices. The AH inherently involves no direct communication, and you're right that sometimes you want to buy from specific users.

Other than some coding changes and maybe some added buttons in places, I can't imagine this being difficult to implement and adjust to, and it wouldn't be useless or solely cosmetic, either.
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
[quote name="@KingHarry" date="2018-08-07 10:37:02" ] You buy from the people that offer the cheapest items, yes? Sure surely you'd see them at the top of AH search anyway? [/quote] Not me! I often buy from friends, people I know etc. It is a game, I am not always concerned with what is cheapest.
@KingHarry wrote on 2018-08-07 10:37:02:
You buy from the people that offer the cheapest items, yes? Sure surely you'd see them at the top of AH search anyway?

Not me! I often buy from friends, people I know etc. It is a game, I am not always concerned with what is cheapest.
I often think about this, so I found this thread via searching.
It's a good way to showcase your item alongside their value.

I don't think highlighting a new users selling history would be bad because undercut items either sell right away or don't considering if they're not sought after at all. In my view, targeted searches would only sell more items in the end.

F.e. some artists constantly auction their skins themselves, and I'm much more likely to check the auction house for skins than I am to look at the forums to find a thread.

I thought about this because I'd like to offer another user my items for a trade, but there's no easy solution to showing them all off. Maybe I could have something they would like but don't know of yet.

But I think it would also be fair to have a setting for it, and making users having to turn it on for it to start working. Not that any inactive users would suffer from it, but I can understand why some users wouldn't like the idea. But I find it useful.
I often think about this, so I found this thread via searching.
It's a good way to showcase your item alongside their value.

I don't think highlighting a new users selling history would be bad because undercut items either sell right away or don't considering if they're not sought after at all. In my view, targeted searches would only sell more items in the end.

F.e. some artists constantly auction their skins themselves, and I'm much more likely to check the auction house for skins than I am to look at the forums to find a thread.

I thought about this because I'd like to offer another user my items for a trade, but there's no easy solution to showing them all off. Maybe I could have something they would like but don't know of yet.

But I think it would also be fair to have a setting for it, and making users having to turn it on for it to start working. Not that any inactive users would suffer from it, but I can understand why some users wouldn't like the idea. But I find it useful.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I was actually just thinking about this and would actually really like this to be a function! I would like to buy fron my friends just to support their projects [emoji=aberration love size=1]
I was actually just thinking about this and would actually really like this to be a function!
I would like to buy fron my friends just to support their projects
74608095.png 67644545.png 66323483.png My Wishlist
Long Drop Coli
Aella Hatchery (Green dragons)
HFNgSxI.gif
This would be great for buying from friends and seeing what skin artists have in stock
This would be great for buying from friends and seeing what skin artists have in stock
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
1 2