Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Camping...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
In the span of 5 minutes, I encountered camping 3 times. Maybe it's just me, but imo this kills the purpose of grinding completely. :( What I usually do is, I zoom out the browser so that I can have a small coliseum in the top left corner of my screen while I watch videos and mindlessly grind. I'm sure many other people do something similar. But now with camping showing up every 2ish minutes, I have to zoom back in to even see the thing, not to mention finding the right image to click (it can take quite long to find it because the dragon image is often flipped, upside down, and/or blends in with the background). This is incredibly disruptive and definitely difficult for people with vision issues. I know it's supposed to prevent people from botting, but... [b]what's your opinion?[/b] [b]Things brought up in this thread:[/b] [LIST] [*] Camping should be less frequent/appear only once every session [*] There should be a certain amount of camping free rounds after each time you've encountered it (some people are getting it multiple times in a row) [*] Camping should have better rewards as the current ones are relatively useless [*] Camping should be easier aka the images should be less difficult to differentiate (issues: eye strain; getting locked out of the coliseum when making the wrong choices by accident) [*] There should be an option to reset camping for a new image with no penalty [*] Dragon images should not be pulled from people's lairs, in case they have misleading outfits on [*] Camping should only be enabled alongside keyboard controls and not appear otherwise [/LIST] [quote name="Undel" date="2018-03-13 12:58:50" ] Invisibility cloak dragons shouldn’t be selected for camping. :) [/quote]
In the span of 5 minutes, I encountered camping 3 times. Maybe it's just me, but imo this kills the purpose of grinding completely. :(

What I usually do is, I zoom out the browser so that I can have a small coliseum in the top left corner of my screen while I watch videos and mindlessly grind. I'm sure many other people do something similar.

But now with camping showing up every 2ish minutes, I have to zoom back in to even see the thing, not to mention finding the right image to click (it can take quite long to find it because the dragon image is often flipped, upside down, and/or blends in with the background). This is incredibly disruptive and definitely difficult for people with vision issues.

I know it's supposed to prevent people from botting, but... what's your opinion?

Things brought up in this thread:
  • Camping should be less frequent/appear only once every session
  • There should be a certain amount of camping free rounds after each time you've encountered it (some people are getting it multiple times in a row)
  • Camping should have better rewards as the current ones are relatively useless
  • Camping should be easier aka the images should be less difficult to differentiate (issues: eye strain; getting locked out of the coliseum when making the wrong choices by accident)
  • There should be an option to reset camping for a new image with no penalty
  • Dragon images should not be pulled from people's lairs, in case they have misleading outfits on
  • Camping should only be enabled alongside keyboard controls and not appear otherwise
Undel wrote on 2018-03-13 12:58:50:
Invisibility cloak dragons shouldn’t be selected for camping. :)
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption.
I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption.
Ive spent the last hour or so exalt grinding and I think it came up 3 maybe 4 times? I guess you just got unlucky perhaps.

However, I know I went the first half hour with like none and then they increased with frequency which was a touch annoying, livable though.

There's a limit to how infrequent they can make them though and they cant make them only appear at x amount of battles or whatever so I'm not sure how they could improve it while ensuring no botting.
Ive spent the last hour or so exalt grinding and I think it came up 3 maybe 4 times? I guess you just got unlucky perhaps.

However, I know I went the first half hour with like none and then they increased with frequency which was a touch annoying, livable though.

There's a limit to how infrequent they can make them though and they cant make them only appear at x amount of battles or whatever so I'm not sure how they could improve it while ensuring no botting.
Flcb2Pp.png

Bart
He/Him
FR+8
Personally, I'm finding it incredibly frustrating because they give you really bad images, and then cut off your ability to use the coli completely if you get it wrong. No, I'm sorry, but I CAN'T necessarily find which obscure little graphic you think is a dragon within five tries, people!!! And since it's not just a free gift, which I'd be happy to skip, but a captcha, the stupid thing decides that I'm really only impersonating a human and therefore I have to stop playing completely until I've been suitably punished.

NO. Human beings -- real ones -- DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. Now stop this nonsense and give us our game back.

[They also don't bother to inform you how long before you're allowed to return. I don't have time to keep checking this stupid thing every five minutes, folks. Cut it out. Even normal, business-based captchas that are trying to protect people's money, not just the supposed integrity of a game, actually TELL you how long before you're allowed to retry. Of course real, business-based captchas that are handled properly have CLEAR IMAGES that let you SEE WHAT'S GOING ON, also.

Please forgive the capitals. I really feel like screaming right now, and I'm afraid it shows. I was trying to get a few dragons leveled up quickly for exaltation before work, and that's been totally ruined by their screwy new system.]
Personally, I'm finding it incredibly frustrating because they give you really bad images, and then cut off your ability to use the coli completely if you get it wrong. No, I'm sorry, but I CAN'T necessarily find which obscure little graphic you think is a dragon within five tries, people!!! And since it's not just a free gift, which I'd be happy to skip, but a captcha, the stupid thing decides that I'm really only impersonating a human and therefore I have to stop playing completely until I've been suitably punished.

NO. Human beings -- real ones -- DON'T ALWAYS KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. Now stop this nonsense and give us our game back.

[They also don't bother to inform you how long before you're allowed to return. I don't have time to keep checking this stupid thing every five minutes, folks. Cut it out. Even normal, business-based captchas that are trying to protect people's money, not just the supposed integrity of a game, actually TELL you how long before you're allowed to retry. Of course real, business-based captchas that are handled properly have CLEAR IMAGES that let you SEE WHAT'S GOING ON, also.

Please forgive the capitals. I really feel like screaming right now, and I'm afraid it shows. I was trying to get a few dragons leveled up quickly for exaltation before work, and that's been totally ruined by their screwy new system.]
They could make it so that it won't appear for a certain number of battles, then have every battle past that mark increase the chance of getting one? Once you get one the counter resets and you don't see any for a while. I think that would work out okay. It is kind of annoying the way it is right now.
They could make it so that it won't appear for a certain number of battles, then have every battle past that mark increase the chance of getting one? Once you get one the counter resets and you don't see any for a while. I think that would work out okay. It is kind of annoying the way it is right now.
O7IFtNN.png6klg2iF.png
@Cakeless
as much as we all would love to toggle it... it seems unlikely. :( As the admins have stated, it's to prevent botting, and if botters could toggle it... well then, what would be the point of even adding it?

@Nequior
okay, this gives me a little bit of hope. I'll probably try grinding again at some point and see if I get any luckier.
@Cakeless
as much as we all would love to toggle it... it seems unlikely. :( As the admins have stated, it's to prevent botting, and if botters could toggle it... well then, what would be the point of even adding it?

@Nequior
okay, this gives me a little bit of hope. I'll probably try grinding again at some point and see if I get any luckier.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
It's really random sometimes. I've gotten one after a single battle, sometimes after 20; when the wording implied we'd get one after a set amount of battles. Not sure what's the reason for it to show up when it feels like it.

As for the pictures, I wish some weren't so genuinely hard to find because everything is purple or hatchlings with Gembond the same color of the background, but sometimes they look easy enough to spend 2 seconds looking for the dragon.
It's really random sometimes. I've gotten one after a single battle, sometimes after 20; when the wording implied we'd get one after a set amount of battles. Not sure what's the reason for it to show up when it feels like it.

As for the pictures, I wish some weren't so genuinely hard to find because everything is purple or hatchlings with Gembond the same color of the background, but sometimes they look easy enough to spend 2 seconds looking for the dragon.
QYzhmAi.png
The other problem is that it gives bad rewards. A fixed health refill would be much better, but only if I could find the hecking derg image.
The other problem is that it gives bad rewards. A fixed health refill would be much better, but only if I could find the hecking derg image.
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Cakeless" date="2018-03-12 08:21:04" ] I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption. [/quote] If we get an option to toggle camping off, the point of camping (stopping botting) will be completely moot. I think we'll just get used to it in time. It's only been a couple weeks since we had to deal with it, in a couple months, it will just be an habit.
Cakeless wrote on 2018-03-12 08:21:04:

If we get an option to toggle camping off, the point of camping (stopping botting) will be completely moot.

I think we'll just get used to it in time. It's only been a couple weeks since we had to deal with it, in a couple months, it will just be an habit.
The frequency does seem to be a bit high to me but I think it's prefectly livable (I do give the coli window ~35% of my screen though), it's true that the dragons are not very readable, but I guess that's kinda the purpose of the thing :<.

Does loosing to much time to the camping actually blocks you from the coli? I did fail a few times, never more than thrice but I have yet to be blocked.
The frequency does seem to be a bit high to me but I think it's prefectly livable (I do give the coli window ~35% of my screen though), it's true that the dragons are not very readable, but I guess that's kinda the purpose of the thing :<.

Does loosing to much time to the camping actually blocks you from the coli? I did fail a few times, never more than thrice but I have yet to be blocked.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18