Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Camping...
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
@Cataclasm
I personally haven't noticed any slow downs in battles. I think the speed has remained pretty much the same, and it's probably the user influx affecting it. However, camping makes it slower for sure.
@Cataclasm
I personally haven't noticed any slow downs in battles. I think the speed has remained pretty much the same, and it's probably the user influx affecting it. However, camping makes it slower for sure.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
Just making the images clearer would make it better. It took me ages to figure out what they meant because the dragon image was upside down and back to front and (since I'm zoomed out quite far all the time on my computer) looked nothing like anything. Surely they don't need to be that altered to fool a bot THAT DOESNOT HAVE EYES
Just making the images clearer would make it better. It took me ages to figure out what they meant because the dragon image was upside down and back to front and (since I'm zoomed out quite far all the time on my computer) looked nothing like anything. Surely they don't need to be that altered to fool a bot THAT DOESNOT HAVE EYES
I'm usually asleep/at work between 12pm - 8am FR time
oUkKcU4.png ROyFQqy.png
@/Cataclasm

As Gouldiae said, it could be because of user influx. Hope they fix the issues for that. ^^
@/Cataclasm

As Gouldiae said, it could be because of user influx. Hope they fix the issues for that. ^^
As much as I'm loving the pretty and interesting recolors of items that pop up in the camping screen, and as much as I know it's essential to site security, I agree with a lot of issues that players bring up. It seems to pop up way too often, and the images blending into the background/being recolored from what we're used to/being flipped and turned at odd angles can make it a nightmare. I have a large computer screen and no vision problems other than slight blurriness without my glasses, so I don't take too much issue with it. I can only imagine what people with small screens or issues with vision such as colorblindness are going through.

I don't see why it can't be a one time thing that pops up at the beginning of a run? A site asks for a captcha when you sign up but not every time you log in.
As much as I'm loving the pretty and interesting recolors of items that pop up in the camping screen, and as much as I know it's essential to site security, I agree with a lot of issues that players bring up. It seems to pop up way too often, and the images blending into the background/being recolored from what we're used to/being flipped and turned at odd angles can make it a nightmare. I have a large computer screen and no vision problems other than slight blurriness without my glasses, so I don't take too much issue with it. I can only imagine what people with small screens or issues with vision such as colorblindness are going through.

I don't see why it can't be a one time thing that pops up at the beginning of a run? A site asks for a captcha when you sign up but not every time you log in.
@Waddles
Exactly. Honestly, I have no idea why the captcha couldn't just be a box you could tick or something to ensure you're not a robot. Or at least something easier to decipher, since it's really not cool how the dragon images are flipped, upside down and blend in with the background 90% of the time.
@Waddles
Exactly. Honestly, I have no idea why the captcha couldn't just be a box you could tick or something to ensure you're not a robot. Or at least something easier to decipher, since it's really not cool how the dragon images are flipped, upside down and blend in with the background 90% of the time.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

I grind fodder to level 8, and I've been getting about 1 captcha per fodder, so the rate doesn't seem bad. The camping image is incredibly hard to make out though- it is significantly easier when there are all square item images and one dragon, but when there are familiars in the mix it's crazy hard. On one of them, the dragon ended up being solid gray on a gray background, which I could only see when I got like 2 inches from the screen.

I disagree with everyone saying that we should be able to toggle it/only do it at the start, as that defeats its intended purpose of thwarting bots that can hide easier thanks to keyboard controls (which are awesome). The captchas need to be made easier, not done away with.
I grind fodder to level 8, and I've been getting about 1 captcha per fodder, so the rate doesn't seem bad. The camping image is incredibly hard to make out though- it is significantly easier when there are all square item images and one dragon, but when there are familiars in the mix it's crazy hard. On one of them, the dragon ended up being solid gray on a gray background, which I could only see when I got like 2 inches from the screen.

I disagree with everyone saying that we should be able to toggle it/only do it at the start, as that defeats its intended purpose of thwarting bots that can hide easier thanks to keyboard controls (which are awesome). The captchas need to be made easier, not done away with.
@beautifulglitter
It depends a lot on your luck, I suppose. I trained a fodder dragon to lv7 and encountered camping 3 times.

Hmm I see your point, I wasn't sure if doing it only at the start would stop bots or not, and toggling is obviously out of the question. But imo it's still way too frequent, and yes, way too hard. I want to be able to click the right image at a glance, rather than having to zoom in and squint to find it, taking 5+ seconds if not more.
@beautifulglitter
It depends a lot on your luck, I suppose. I trained a fodder dragon to lv7 and encountered camping 3 times.

Hmm I see your point, I wasn't sure if doing it only at the start would stop bots or not, and toggling is obviously out of the question. But imo it's still way too frequent, and yes, way too hard. I want to be able to click the right image at a glance, rather than having to zoom in and squint to find it, taking 5+ seconds if not more.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

I hadn't tried the new revamp yet and just did a quick run through the training fields. About 10 battles in I hit this camping thingy.
Not fun on a mobile. When playing on fullscreen mode I can't zoom in on the picture so have to put the phone right close to my face and squint to figure it out. And with the weird one I got with the dragon on it's side, it was a lucky guess.

I do have to say that the battles in the revamp run lightning fast on Chrome for me. There is a bit of a stall sometimes during the refresh between battles but it is way better than the major lag I would experience before. This is probably more my internet connection than anything else. Canadian internet is not the best especially where I live.
When I get home I am going to try it on my tablet/laptop hybrid. That one usually lags and I want to see if it is better.

I am for it if it helps to prevent people using bots.
Remember, they just released the revamp today. It isn't going to be perfect fresh out the gate.
This was a huge project for the FR team. There are still going to be kinks. I am sure it will get ironed out in time.
We just need to be patient and give them the grounded constructive criticism they require.
I hadn't tried the new revamp yet and just did a quick run through the training fields. About 10 battles in I hit this camping thingy.
Not fun on a mobile. When playing on fullscreen mode I can't zoom in on the picture so have to put the phone right close to my face and squint to figure it out. And with the weird one I got with the dragon on it's side, it was a lucky guess.

I do have to say that the battles in the revamp run lightning fast on Chrome for me. There is a bit of a stall sometimes during the refresh between battles but it is way better than the major lag I would experience before. This is probably more my internet connection than anything else. Canadian internet is not the best especially where I live.
When I get home I am going to try it on my tablet/laptop hybrid. That one usually lags and I want to see if it is better.

Remember, they just released the revamp today. It isn't going to be perfect fresh out the gate.
This was a huge project for the FR team. There are still going to be kinks. I am sure it will get ironed out in time.
We just need to be patient and give them the grounded constructive criticism they require.
7zcCDc4.png
[quote name="BlackWyld" date="2018-03-12 10:25:32" ] I am for it if it helps to prevent people using bots. Remember, they just released the revamp today. It isn't going to be perfect fresh out the gate. This was a huge project for the FR team. There are still going to be kinks. I am sure it will get ironed out in time. We just need to be patient and give them the grounded constructive criticism they require. [/quote] Yeah, I agree with that. I appreciate the new coliseum a lot, with all the bugs it has fixed and quality of life improvements it has made. But still really hoping that the devs will do something eventually to improve camping for everybody.
BlackWyld wrote on 2018-03-12 10:25:32:

Yeah, I agree with that. I appreciate the new coliseum a lot, with all the bugs it has fixed and quality of life improvements it has made. But still really hoping that the devs will do something eventually to improve camping for everybody.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

I train to 5 and I hit one capcha every 12 battles on average. (Or to phrase it another way, once every 2 fodders). Sometimes it's more frequent and sometimes it's less. Personally, I'm willing to put up with a little bit of inconvenience for the health and longevity of the site.
I train to 5 and I hit one capcha every 12 battles on average. (Or to phrase it another way, once every 2 fodders). Sometimes it's more frequent and sometimes it's less. Personally, I'm willing to put up with a little bit of inconvenience for the health and longevity of the site.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18