Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Camping...
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[quote name="CassieRose" date="2018-03-12 09:25:51" ] [quote name="Cakeless" date="2018-03-12 08:21:04" ] I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption. [/quote] Maybe it gets automatically toggled if you turn on keyboard controls? So if you're just using the mouse, there isn't camping. But if you're using keyboard, then there's camping? [/quote] That'd be spectacular for people like me, who use the mouse. But I'd feel sorry for the people who have to use the keyboard due to physical issues :(
CassieRose wrote on 2018-03-12 09:25:51:
Cakeless wrote on 2018-03-12 08:21:04:
I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption.
Maybe it gets automatically toggled if you turn on keyboard controls? So if you're just using the mouse, there isn't camping. But if you're using keyboard, then there's camping?

That'd be spectacular for people like me, who use the mouse. But I'd feel sorry for the people who have to use the keyboard due to physical issues :(
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
[quote name="@Cakeless" date="2018-03-12 09:28:11" ] @/CassieRose Even with keyboard controls toggled off, camping still pops up. [/quote] It was just an idea I had. I know it's (unfortunately) not true.
@Cakeless wrote on 2018-03-12 09:28:11:
@/CassieRose Even with keyboard controls toggled off, camping still pops up.
It was just an idea I had. I know it's (unfortunately) not true.
KvxzF3W.pngJcdyE1n.png opcExsG.png
BsnXCRp.png
0XHtpWy.png
J7D1quC.png

WKtl2lb.png
FObX7rS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelFObX7rS_d.png
[quote name="Gouldiae" date="2018-03-12 09:28:47" ] [quote name="CassieRose" date="2018-03-12 09:25:51" ] [quote name="Cakeless" date="2018-03-12 08:21:04" ] I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption. [/quote] Maybe it gets automatically toggled if you turn on keyboard controls? So if you're just using the mouse, there isn't camping. But if you're using keyboard, then there's camping? [/quote] That'd be spectacular for people like me, who use the mouse. But I'd feel sorry for the people who have to use the keyboard due to physical issues :( [/quote] If the camping thing didn't crop up with keyboard controls off, I'd be more than okay with that. But as I said above, even with the controls toggled, the popups still keep on coming.
Gouldiae wrote on 2018-03-12 09:28:47:
CassieRose wrote on 2018-03-12 09:25:51:
Cakeless wrote on 2018-03-12 08:21:04:
I'm hoping that we'll be given the option to toggle camping because I am in the same boat as you. I'm happier to mindlessly grind for hours without interruption.
Maybe it gets automatically toggled if you turn on keyboard controls? So if you're just using the mouse, there isn't camping. But if you're using keyboard, then there's camping?

That'd be spectacular for people like me, who use the mouse. But I'd feel sorry for the people who have to use the keyboard due to physical issues :(

If the camping thing didn't crop up with keyboard controls off, I'd be more than okay with that. But as I said above, even with the controls toggled, the popups still keep on coming.
I had sincerely hoped that camping would be improved in the official release, especially after so many legitimate complaints during the coliseum beta.

It seems that that's not the case.

As a user with considerable vision problems (playing on double browser zoom just to read the site text), I find the images incomprehensible. Flipped around, oddly colored, and often blending in to the background, I find myself squinting at each of them for upwards of a minute.

I understand that they are vital to site security - so perhaps a compromise could be reached?

Personally I'd find it much easier to deal with if the images were either flipped OR recolored. Currently, the changes to each image are a bit much to process quickly - and I'm fairly certain I'm not a robot.

I appreciate the staff's attention to this accessibility issue.
I had sincerely hoped that camping would be improved in the official release, especially after so many legitimate complaints during the coliseum beta.

It seems that that's not the case.

As a user with considerable vision problems (playing on double browser zoom just to read the site text), I find the images incomprehensible. Flipped around, oddly colored, and often blending in to the background, I find myself squinting at each of them for upwards of a minute.

I understand that they are vital to site security - so perhaps a compromise could be reached?

Personally I'd find it much easier to deal with if the images were either flipped OR recolored. Currently, the changes to each image are a bit much to process quickly - and I'm fairly certain I'm not a robot.

I appreciate the staff's attention to this accessibility issue.
Exhausted and severely depressed.
I don't understand why it has to happen more than once per session.

I don't know how bots work, but I figure that if you confirm during a non-refreshed session that someone isn't a bot once, you can pretty much assume that for the whole session they aren't a bot.

I agree that it seems to pop up way too frequently. Once every 100+ battles or so would make sense to me.
I don't understand why it has to happen more than once per session.

I don't know how bots work, but I figure that if you confirm during a non-refreshed session that someone isn't a bot once, you can pretty much assume that for the whole session they aren't a bot.

I agree that it seems to pop up way too frequently. Once every 100+ battles or so would make sense to me.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="WhiteVenom" date="2018-03-12 09:03:03" ] How about instead complaining being thankful for having faster Coli with some good fixes? Or not, there will be always new complains, right? That's just my thought so don't take it personally and I understand if you disagree with me. :3 [/quote] @WhiteVenom Except, the revamp didn't make the coliseum faster? I spend most of my time on the coliseum, training dragons to lvl 25, and from what I've seen so far, it's not faster whatsoever. In fact, it feels a little slower. And the camping thing only makes it slower, because you have to spend time finding the hidden dragon while you could just be fighting enemies.
WhiteVenom wrote on 2018-03-12 09:03:03:
How about instead complaining being thankful for having faster Coli with some good fixes? Or not, there will be always new complains, right? That's just my thought so don't take it personally and I understand if you disagree with me. :3

@WhiteVenom Except, the revamp didn't make the coliseum faster? I spend most of my time on the coliseum, training dragons to lvl 25, and from what I've seen so far, it's not faster whatsoever. In fact, it feels a little slower. And the camping thing only makes it slower, because you have to spend time finding the hidden dragon while you could just be fighting enemies.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
[quote name="AtomicSamurai" date="2018-03-12 09:09:53" ] [quote name="WhiteVenom" date="2018-03-12 09:03:03" ] How about instead complaining being thankful for having faster Coli with some good fixes? [/quote] I see you haven't been listening to people when they say it is actually affecting their ability to use said Coli. Hard to appreciate the improvements when folks are getting locked out by this ridiculous and unnecessary mechanic, and this is definitely going to hurt folks with vision problems more than anyone else. It's a valid concern, not a petty complaint. [/quote] Like I said, that's just my opinion. I understand there are new issues coming after update (like Camping feature) but sometimes it's for the better. Because for someone that's an improvement and someone find more problems and issues. I'm saying things coz admins do work hard for new features and trying to find a way like preventing bot-usage for Coli. (and I know they could somehow find a different way but bots will again find a way to come back) In future they might manage to find solution in these problems. I hated old Coli so much how slow it was and tedious. It was more annoying than a Camping feature tbh. @Gouldiae I understand your point. ^^ There always a way to find new solution for these. And hope you find grinding fun again or let's say I hope Admins find a new way to fix Camping to make people like you find it fun grinding again. :) (if these sounded offensive so sorry about that. My English isn't my main language) @Alight I see your point. :) If these is all about that that's fine by me. I'm saying these because I in general find complains annoying and just want to somehow say to people try to see other side positive effect about Coli. If these will help improve Coli that I'm supporting that. But still I wanted to say my opinion about Camping or new Coli. And as I said you don't need to take my opinions seriously.
AtomicSamurai wrote on 2018-03-12 09:09:53:
WhiteVenom wrote on 2018-03-12 09:03:03:
How about instead complaining being thankful for having faster Coli with some good fixes?

I see you haven't been listening to people when they say it is actually affecting their ability to use said Coli. Hard to appreciate the improvements when folks are getting locked out by this ridiculous and unnecessary mechanic, and this is definitely going to hurt folks with vision problems more than anyone else. It's a valid concern, not a petty complaint.

Like I said, that's just my opinion. I understand there are new issues coming after update (like Camping feature) but sometimes it's for the better. Because for someone that's an improvement and someone find more problems and issues. I'm saying things coz admins do work hard for new features and trying to find a way like preventing bot-usage for Coli. (and I know they could somehow find a different way but bots will again find a way to come back) In future they might manage to find solution in these problems.

I hated old Coli so much how slow it was and tedious. It was more annoying than a Camping feature tbh.

@Gouldiae

I understand your point. ^^ There always a way to find new solution for these. And hope you find grinding fun again or let's say I hope Admins find a new way to fix Camping to make people like you find it fun grinding again. :)
(if these sounded offensive so sorry about that. My English isn't my main language)

@Alight

I see your point. :)
If these is all about that that's fine by me. I'm saying these because I in general find complains annoying and just want to somehow say to people try to see other side positive effect about Coli. If these will help improve Coli that I'm supporting that. But still I wanted to say my opinion about Camping or new Coli. And as I said you don't need to take my opinions seriously.
@FloatingInSpace
That was actually what I thought it was going to be tbh? That it was going to show up either only once per session, or maybe yeah every 100 battles, or every half an hour, but definitely not every 2 minutes.

I'm not sure either how bots work, but it definitely seems so unnecessary to make camping this frequent.
@FloatingInSpace
That was actually what I thought it was going to be tbh? That it was going to show up either only once per session, or maybe yeah every 100 battles, or every half an hour, but definitely not every 2 minutes.

I'm not sure either how bots work, but it definitely seems so unnecessary to make camping this frequent.
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
@Cataclasm

Can you explain these issues? I didn't notice that problem. (maybe coz I use Firefox on desktop? And sorry, my English isn't perfect)

About Exp points I didn't test that since I'm more a grinder than exalt fodders.
@Cataclasm

Can you explain these issues? I didn't notice that problem. (maybe coz I use Firefox on desktop? And sorry, my English isn't perfect)

About Exp points I didn't test that since I'm more a grinder than exalt fodders.
@WhiteVenom Well, it just feels slower to me. Training dragons to level 25 already takes a while, but with the revamp, I have the feeling that battles take a little longer. I could be wrong though. It could just be due to lag from user influx. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if things get any better, but as of now, the only differences I can see are the keyboard controls, the new afterbattle GUI and the really annoying camping. It could be worse I s'pose
@WhiteVenom Well, it just feels slower to me. Training dragons to level 25 already takes a while, but with the revamp, I have the feeling that battles take a little longer. I could be wrong though. It could just be due to lag from user influx. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks to see if things get any better, but as of now, the only differences I can see are the keyboard controls, the new afterbattle GUI and the really annoying camping. It could be worse I s'pose
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18