Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change a Nest's Element
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2018-12-29 09:16:04" ] Flights DO do more than offer a one-time nest use for breeding. There's Dom, Flight forums, culture, raffles, and community, Flight only auctions, lair locations and probably others I'm not thinking about. Therefore, 1500g to change one nest's element for a single use is way to high of a price tag. If it's going to cost gems, so be it. I do think it could work as a GMP item. But I feel a lot of "no support" equates a single breeding with the entire purpose of flights, which simply isn't true. [/quote] Personally, if you could permanently change the alignment of a nest, then I would say it would defeat one of the purposes of a flight. However, one breeding doesn't, as you always have to reapply that new element. (and if it were gem based, then potentially you could be spending more than you would by using a flight change to permanently turn ALL your nests to the new element)
gemajgall wrote on 2018-12-29 09:16:04:
Flights DO do more than offer a one-time nest use for breeding. There's Dom, Flight forums, culture, raffles, and community, Flight only auctions, lair locations and probably others I'm not thinking about. Therefore, 1500g to change one nest's element for a single use is way to high of a price tag.

If it's going to cost gems, so be it. I do think it could work as a GMP item. But I feel a lot of "no support" equates a single breeding with the entire purpose of flights, which simply isn't true.
Personally, if you could permanently change the alignment of a nest, then I would say it would defeat one of the purposes of a flight. However, one breeding doesn't, as you always have to reapply that new element. (and if it were gem based, then potentially you could be spending more than you would by using a flight change to permanently turn ALL your nests to the new element)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support! I've frequently found myself wishing my dragons could have eye colors that matched the rest of their colors.
Support! I've frequently found myself wishing my dragons could have eye colors that matched the rest of their colors.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I'll agree with that. If this is going to be a permanent change (especially all 5 nests permanently), then it definitely could and should cost more (although I'm still skeptical about the 1500g price tag as flight community is a big part of flight as well).

I always envisioned nest elemental changes as one-time use because, in my mind, lore and all, the region's natural elemental power would reclaim the nest before too long (ie, after one breeding.)

I'd also imagine people might not want to try just one alternate element for breeding but maybe two or three or seven or twelve. One-time use would be more flexible for people.
I'll agree with that. If this is going to be a permanent change (especially all 5 nests permanently), then it definitely could and should cost more (although I'm still skeptical about the 1500g price tag as flight community is a big part of flight as well).

I always envisioned nest elemental changes as one-time use because, in my mind, lore and all, the region's natural elemental power would reclaim the nest before too long (ie, after one breeding.)

I'd also imagine people might not want to try just one alternate element for breeding but maybe two or three or seven or twelve. One-time use would be more flexible for people.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Support! Complete support! That would make it so that there wouldn't be the risk of scams if people wanted to get a different eye color element from another person's nests. Even though I haven't really seen this scam happened, that's only because of the fact that I don't really partake in these type of things. Just my personal opinion, no hate~
Support! Complete support! That would make it so that there wouldn't be the risk of scams if people wanted to get a different eye color element from another person's nests. Even though I haven't really seen this scam happened, that's only because of the fact that I don't really partake in these type of things. Just my personal opinion, no hate~
w9B2OvN.png
Okay, here’s an idea for lore that just came to me while scrolling this thread! Since I noticed lore does seem to be a big factor in support and non support. I fully support a safe way of nest renting, I’ve moved flights twice since joining for eye colors alone and I still have so many projects that require certain eye colors, I can’t keep changing flights! But to be more lore friendly, which I totally understand, perhaps instead of turning one of our 5 nests into a new element with magic or having our dragons borrow a nest in that element’s territory, we can unlock a special nest (or maybe even a new set of 5 nests) that are in the “Communal Nesting Area”. Lore wise these nests are between the elements ? or somehow enchanted by all of Sorneith’s magic ? and thus the nests can be influenced by any of the elements. Gameplay wise, that means the user gets to choose a nest of any element they wish for their mating dragons and the nest’ll take on that element once they’re settled in. The element would probably be chosen from a drop down menu or something similar. It’d be a place where those dragons who have no qualms with nesting outside of their territory and don’t mind mingling with other clans in a SAFE zone could go and hatch their eggs. Kinda like the whole “animals of different species will gather together peacefully at the watering hole” thing Disney movies like to do lol, and sorta like how in many species they have to travel to a designated mating/nesting area, even if it’s outside of their usual territory. Maybe this new area could even be implemented in the map overhaul! Idk how much it should cost or if it should be gold or gems, I’m terrible with pricing lol, but I think this could be a pretty solid lore idea ? Something that could be fit into the current lore more logically than the other options at least ?
Okay, here’s an idea for lore that just came to me while scrolling this thread! Since I noticed lore does seem to be a big factor in support and non support. I fully support a safe way of nest renting, I’ve moved flights twice since joining for eye colors alone and I still have so many projects that require certain eye colors, I can’t keep changing flights! But to be more lore friendly, which I totally understand, perhaps instead of turning one of our 5 nests into a new element with magic or having our dragons borrow a nest in that element’s territory, we can unlock a special nest (or maybe even a new set of 5 nests) that are in the “Communal Nesting Area”. Lore wise these nests are between the elements ? or somehow enchanted by all of Sorneith’s magic ? and thus the nests can be influenced by any of the elements. Gameplay wise, that means the user gets to choose a nest of any element they wish for their mating dragons and the nest’ll take on that element once they’re settled in. The element would probably be chosen from a drop down menu or something similar. It’d be a place where those dragons who have no qualms with nesting outside of their territory and don’t mind mingling with other clans in a SAFE zone could go and hatch their eggs. Kinda like the whole “animals of different species will gather together peacefully at the watering hole” thing Disney movies like to do lol, and sorta like how in many species they have to travel to a designated mating/nesting area, even if it’s outside of their usual territory. Maybe this new area could even be implemented in the map overhaul! Idk how much it should cost or if it should be gold or gems, I’m terrible with pricing lol, but I think this could be a pretty solid lore idea ? Something that could be fit into the current lore more logically than the other options at least ?
dclp0zi-21bfdc8c-3865-4801-86ba-7acf107399cc-1.png -- - Tru
- She / Her
- Dragon Lover

Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
That explanation sounds good to me!
That explanation sounds good to me!
I like the idea of being able to rent a nest from an NPC! Maybe have it themed as a hospital or even daycare of some sort?
I like the idea of being able to rent a nest from an NPC! Maybe have it themed as a hospital or even daycare of some sort?
Pronouns: They/Them ll FR Time +0 ll eGiN2Xv.pngllF8WMfQz.pngllthDLJf3.pngll7rbKZzZ.png
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png3JRMBgi.pngCL9m1Kr.png

@TrulyBrilliant

Ohh~ I like that idea! It would stand up to the official lore, as well as any individual lore that players assign their clans!
@TrulyBrilliant

Ohh~ I like that idea! It would stand up to the official lore, as well as any individual lore that players assign their clans!
Pronouns: They/Them ll FR Time +0 ll eGiN2Xv.pngllF8WMfQz.pngllthDLJf3.pngll7rbKZzZ.png
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png3JRMBgi.pngCL9m1Kr.png

@TrulyBrilliant (Let it be known that your name suits you well) [quote]Okay, here’s an idea for lore that just came to me while scrolling this thread! Since I noticed lore does seem to be a big factor in support and non support. I fully support a safe way of nest renting, I’ve moved flights twice since joining for eye colors alone and I still have so many projects that require certain eye colors, I can’t keep changing flights! But to be more lore friendly, which I totally understand, perhaps instead of turning one of our 5 nests into a new element with magic or having our dragons borrow a nest in that element’s territory, we can unlock a special nest (or maybe even a new set of 5 nests) that are in the “Communal Nesting Area”. Lore wise these nests are between the elements ? or somehow enchanted by all of Sorneith’s magic ? and thus the nests can be influenced by any of the elements. Gameplay wise, that means the user gets to choose a nest of any element they wish for their mating dragons and the nest’ll take on that element once they’re settled in. The element would probably be chosen from a drop down menu or something similar. It’d be a place where those dragons who have no qualms with nesting outside of their territory and don’t mind mingling with other clans in a SAFE zone could go and hatch their eggs. Kinda like the whole “animals of different species will gather together peacefully at the watering hole” thing Disney movies like to do lol, and sorta like how in many species they have to travel to a designated mating/nesting area, even if it’s outside of their usual territory. Maybe this new area could even be implemented in the map overhaul! Idk how much it should cost or if it should be gold or gems, I’m terrible with pricing lol, but I think this could be a pretty solid lore idea ? Something that could be fit into the current lore more logically than the other options at least ?[/quote] The more breeds are added, the more I wish a feature of the kind would become a reality as it would help with new projects and would only benefit everyone that is not willing to risk getting scammed. It would also make a lot of sense that a common area would be shared between Flights if only for political discussions, treaties, festivals (as they say in events already; "All of dragon kind gets together to celebrate [...]), etc . I would love if the normal nesting grounds were replaced by the communal nesting grounds in a grand unifying event, it would make the lore much more interesting and could give rise to even more festivals (that could be utilized for event purposes). P-S. To be clear, the communal nest would auto nest your clutches as your default Flight's eyes, unless you chose another Flight's essence, in which case you would pay a nesting fee.
@TrulyBrilliant (Let it be known that your name suits you well)
Quote:

The more breeds are added, the more I wish a feature of the kind would become a reality as it would help with new projects and would only benefit everyone that is not willing to risk getting scammed.

It would also make a lot of sense that a common area would be shared between Flights if only for political discussions, treaties, festivals (as they say in events already; "All of dragon kind gets together to celebrate [...]), etc .

I would love if the normal nesting grounds were replaced by the communal nesting grounds in a grand unifying event, it would make the lore much more interesting and could give rise to even more festivals (that could be utilized for event purposes).

P-S. To be clear, the communal nest would auto nest your clutches as your default Flight's eyes, unless you chose another Flight's essence, in which case you would pay a nesting fee.
(+3 FR time)
Pastel and horror lair
Full support! If it's item based i'd prefer it to be gem mp (in line with swiftbrood boon and boon of fertility). Alternatively id love a trading post entity for this as well.
Full support! If it's item based i'd prefer it to be gem mp (in line with swiftbrood boon and boon of fertility). Alternatively id love a trading post entity for this as well.

Achilles
They/Them
Skin/Accent Shop
Wishlist
Fandragon tabs: {Lair} | {Hibden}
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28