Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Problems with number of dragons on page
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The only thing I support is actually giving the users free control over how many dragons they want to display, with a menu either in account settings or right on the lair page. Let people choose two rows or ten for all I care.

I don't agree with "change it back" though.

Personally, I find the amount of dragons quite appealing. If scrolled right, it's filling up my whole screen. It may seem a little overloaded because, well, it's new and different. But that's something you'll get used to seeing.

It's actually easier for me to find my dragons now too. Before, I always had to guess if the dragon I want is on page 6 or 7 or maybe 5. Now it's less clicking.
The only thing I support is actually giving the users free control over how many dragons they want to display, with a menu either in account settings or right on the lair page. Let people choose two rows or ten for all I care.

I don't agree with "change it back" though.

Personally, I find the amount of dragons quite appealing. If scrolled right, it's filling up my whole screen. It may seem a little overloaded because, well, it's new and different. But that's something you'll get used to seeing.

It's actually easier for me to find my dragons now too. Before, I always had to guess if the dragon I want is on page 6 or 7 or maybe 5. Now it's less clicking.
hPGHvDe.pngjPfUJ3r.png
[LF] Aqua Bellies | [LF]Nature-y Dragons | [ Fandragon Hub ]
CPx59tb.png
Wholehearted support. I had my lair neat and organised, it all fit nicely and I had my whole first page dedicated to black/white dragons. This is now completely and utterly ruined. I can only fix it by getting rid of dragons or getting more of them, neither of which I'm inclined to do. Many others feel there is a lack of organisation in their lair now and there's no quick and easy fix.

It seems like a random, unnecessary update to me that was just implemented for the sake of updating, not because there was any thought behind it at all (especially since it was 5 rows per page first, which makes no sense at all).

I suggest FR staff interacts more with its users before starting changes like this. Make a poll or something, don't just change stuff for the sake of change and not think about what most users actually want.
Wholehearted support. I had my lair neat and organised, it all fit nicely and I had my whole first page dedicated to black/white dragons. This is now completely and utterly ruined. I can only fix it by getting rid of dragons or getting more of them, neither of which I'm inclined to do. Many others feel there is a lack of organisation in their lair now and there's no quick and easy fix.

It seems like a random, unnecessary update to me that was just implemented for the sake of updating, not because there was any thought behind it at all (especially since it was 5 rows per page first, which makes no sense at all).

I suggest FR staff interacts more with its users before starting changes like this. Make a poll or something, don't just change stuff for the sake of change and not think about what most users actually want.
I'm not supporting a "change back" thing, although I liked the 15-dragons-per-page a lot better. I do support a toggle option however, where you can choose between the number of dragons per page (maybe 10, 15, 20 and 25) for your personal lair. Personally I think it's too crowded the way it is now but other people seems to like it better this way - that's why a toggle option would be the best solution in my opinion.
I'm not supporting a "change back" thing, although I liked the 15-dragons-per-page a lot better. I do support a toggle option however, where you can choose between the number of dragons per page (maybe 10, 15, 20 and 25) for your personal lair. Personally I think it's too crowded the way it is now but other people seems to like it better this way - that's why a toggle option would be the best solution in my opinion.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
Yeah, support. While I'm at a place with decent internet now, I sometimes move back and forth between here and a place with terribly slow internet. The classic 15 page was a struggle to load there at times, I can only imagine what 20 will be like. It might even make the game unplayable for me. :/

The option to choose how we want our pages to be laid out would be nice. Options of like 10, 15, 20, 25. Things like that. That way everyone has the ability to sort their lair base on their preferences.

Other things I would like to see:

COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION

A reason why this change occurred. Okay, I can understand why they would change the front page. But randomly increasing the number of dragons on a page?? There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for that. I can't imagine that it makes a huge impact on the servers. I might be more okay with this change if I got the reasoning behind it.

Also, how about a warning before changes like this? It might seem like a small change to some, but to myself and others, even small changes like this can be a huge deal. Seriously even a quick mesaage in the site status box a day or two before the change is happening to warn us would suffice. I do not appreciate all these changes thrown on us without warning.
Yeah, support. While I'm at a place with decent internet now, I sometimes move back and forth between here and a place with terribly slow internet. The classic 15 page was a struggle to load there at times, I can only imagine what 20 will be like. It might even make the game unplayable for me. :/

The option to choose how we want our pages to be laid out would be nice. Options of like 10, 15, 20, 25. Things like that. That way everyone has the ability to sort their lair base on their preferences.

Other things I would like to see:

COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION
COMMUNICATION

A reason why this change occurred. Okay, I can understand why they would change the front page. But randomly increasing the number of dragons on a page?? There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for that. I can't imagine that it makes a huge impact on the servers. I might be more okay with this change if I got the reasoning behind it.

Also, how about a warning before changes like this? It might seem like a small change to some, but to myself and others, even small changes like this can be a huge deal. Seriously even a quick mesaage in the site status box a day or two before the change is happening to warn us would suffice. I do not appreciate all these changes thrown on us without warning.
IMG_2906.png Art Search
Character Sales

19142803_PtuVeqht7qoFLtF.png

RAURU
19142782_4Y6BBskgHum0RlM.png
They/Them
+2 FR Time
Dyslexic
I'm honestly really upset that FR just threw this at us. I don't feel like we get any say in what happens to the site, and complaints pretty much never get heard and nothing gets changed back or altered.
We should have at LEAST been warned in advance so we could plan new lair layouts for a 20-derg page setup, and I'm just really upset that my entire, perfectly set-out lair has been ruined :( I put a lot of work in perfecting it and linking it with my lore, and it's just not right anymore.

I know some people want an even number of 20 per page for breeding pairs, but that's not going to work for my lair. Even if we don't change it back, I really, REALLY support a toggle for number of dragons per page.
I'm honestly really upset that FR just threw this at us. I don't feel like we get any say in what happens to the site, and complaints pretty much never get heard and nothing gets changed back or altered.
We should have at LEAST been warned in advance so we could plan new lair layouts for a 20-derg page setup, and I'm just really upset that my entire, perfectly set-out lair has been ruined :( I put a lot of work in perfecting it and linking it with my lore, and it's just not right anymore.

I know some people want an even number of 20 per page for breeding pairs, but that's not going to work for my lair. Even if we don't change it back, I really, REALLY support a toggle for number of dragons per page.
Change the pages back. I know it sounds silly but I feel cheated. I use to have 9 pages and now I only have 7 and the last page doesn't even have 4 lines on it like the other 6 do. I realize it still has the same number of spaces that I had before the change. I had my lair set up just like I wanted it now this change has messed it all up. I hate this change.
Change the pages back. I know it sounds silly but I feel cheated. I use to have 9 pages and now I only have 7 and the last page doesn't even have 4 lines on it like the other 6 do. I realize it still has the same number of spaces that I had before the change. I had my lair set up just like I wanted it now this change has messed it all up. I hate this change.
I definitely support an option to choose how many dragons we can display (since guess a lot of people have asked for more dragons per page). I used to know which dragon was on which page, and I never needed to scroll down to see all of them. Yeah, I'll probably get used to it, but there's nothing wrong with options.
I definitely support an option to choose how many dragons we can display (since guess a lot of people have asked for more dragons per page). I used to know which dragon was on which page, and I never needed to scroll down to see all of them. Yeah, I'll probably get used to it, but there's nothing wrong with options.
..............QPMqEIe.png DtSukjn.png
ED7Ocw5.png
Wwl9tUS.png
btj5Ikk.png
[quote name="Wildfiremomma1" date=2016-08-28 03:37:53] Change the pages back. I know it sounds silly but I feel cheated. I use to have 9 pages and now I only have 7 and the last page doesn't even have 4 lines on it like the other 6 do. I realize it still has the same number of spaces that I had before the change. I had my lair set up just like I wanted it now this change has messed it all up. I hate this change. [/quote] I feel the same. I know it's irrational, because it's the same number of slots, but going from having seven pages, which meant I had a page six (my favourite number) to five, where I'd have to shell out ungodly amounts of treasure - [i]twice[/i] - to get back a page six makes me grumpy just as much as having my lair organization ruined.
Wildfiremomma1 wrote on 2016-08-28:

I feel the same. I know it's irrational, because it's the same number of slots, but going from having seven pages, which meant I had a page six (my favourite number) to five, where I'd have to shell out ungodly amounts of treasure - twice - to get back a page six makes me grumpy just as much as having my lair organization ruined.

r250Bbk.png ZW5CgDF.png FFH3hV6.png s1GAkgl.png LBmwkOD.png Lef8ZKD.png 10CB8sd.png
You always have a choice.
You can either roll over and die, or you can keep fightin' no matter what.
I am actually amused at the complaints as players have been asking for more dragons per page and now it's been done players are complaining. I'm quite happy with the change as it removed some of the extra white space at the bottom and allows those that prefer to arrange in pairs to do so without breaking a pair up over two pages.

However I do feel if possible in the future being able to select from several preset arrangements would be best ((for example 5x3, 5x4, 5x5, 4x4, 4x6, etc)) because some players would prefer more (or less) displayed at a time and this would also allow player to choose a layout that works best on their preferred device
I am actually amused at the complaints as players have been asking for more dragons per page and now it's been done players are complaining. I'm quite happy with the change as it removed some of the extra white space at the bottom and allows those that prefer to arrange in pairs to do so without breaking a pair up over two pages.

However I do feel if possible in the future being able to select from several preset arrangements would be best ((for example 5x3, 5x4, 5x5, 4x4, 4x6, etc)) because some players would prefer more (or less) displayed at a time and this would also allow player to choose a layout that works best on their preferred device
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Support.
Support.
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7